PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning responds to invite

Denver Native (Carol)
12-03-2013, 09:40 PM
Anna Bozard has been a Peyton Manning fan all her life, so when it came time for her wedding, there was never any doubt she was inviting him.

The question: Would he even respond?

On Monday, five weeks after the card was due and three weeks after the wedding, a written response from the Denver Broncos quarterback was picked up by Bozard's mother in the mailbox at her Virginia home.

Manning filled out the RSVP card, checking the box that said he'd have to "regretfully decline." But he added "Best wishes" and signed his name, along with his No. 18.

rest - which shows Peyton's response
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10074296/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-responds-wedding-invitation

Dzone
12-03-2013, 10:04 PM
What a classy thing for Peyton Manning to do.

WTE
12-03-2013, 10:04 PM
Golly Gee.

MOtorboat
12-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Golly Gee.

Shut up.

OrangeHoof
12-03-2013, 10:49 PM
Of course, by sharing this with the world, Manning's now going to get flooded with wedding invitations and will just pitch them all in the trash because there will be way too many to sign, particularly from memorabilia dealers (It would be hilarious, though, if he sent back invitations from dealers posing as engaged couples by signing them "Johnny Football").

Word to the wise: if you REALLY wanted an NFL star to attend your wedding, schedule it for the spring or early summer. Don't do it in the fall. Players have very little free time during the season.

Dapper Dan
12-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Of course, by sharing this with the world, Manning's now going to get flooded with wedding invitations and will just pitch them all in the trash because there will be way too many to sign, particularly from memorabilia dealers (It would be hilarious, though, if he sent back invitations from dealers posing as engaged couples by signing them "Johnny Football").

Word to the wise: if you REALLY wanted an NFL star to attend your wedding, schedule it for the spring or early summer. Don't do it in the fall. Players have very little free time during the season.

Pretty much what I was thinking.

I saw this on Reddit a few days ago.

Lancane
12-03-2013, 11:24 PM
Golly Gee.

Yeah, at least he didn't knock up his long-time girlfriend only to take to the road and marry a supermodel who believes she knows the in's and out's of football and ridicules the fans as well as his bosses as though her opinion held any weight.

Joel
12-03-2013, 11:31 PM
That was pretty cool of him, though I have to agree it's not too bright to invite a first ballot HoFer to a wedding scheduled right in the middle of his toughest stretch all year. The thought of Manning taking time out from prepping for that first KC game to go to someones wedding is kind of scary; I hope it was at least in CO. Assuming the whole thing was more than just a great way to get an autograph from the start.

Lancane
12-03-2013, 11:35 PM
That was pretty cool of him, though I have to agree it's not too bright to invite a first ballot HoFer to a wedding scheduled right in the middle of his toughest stretch all year. The thought of Manning taking time out from prepping for that first KC game to go to someones wedding is kind of scary; I hope it was at least in CO. Assuming the whole thing was more than just a great way to get an autograph from the start.

But we're seeing more and more of this, invites to proms, weddings, parties and some are accepted while others are not. Didn't we have a Bronco that took a handicapped girl to a school dance? It's cool that the lines between the fans and superstars in some cases are humanizing.

JPPT1974
12-04-2013, 01:41 AM
Sure that Peyton gets invited to all sorts of things like birthday parties and weddings. As remembered he was invited to the prom years ago as a member of the Colts?!

Dapper Dan
12-04-2013, 09:40 AM
I wonder what would happen if I cordially invited Erin Andrews to have some sexy times with me.

claymore
12-04-2013, 09:42 AM
Yeah, at least he didn't knock up his long-time girlfriend only to take to the road and marry a supermodel who believes she knows the in's and out's of football and ridicules the fans as well as his bosses as though her opinion held any weight.

She is ugly as a MF'er too.

Dzone
12-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Tebow would have gone....lol

Spiritguy
12-04-2013, 12:17 PM
I wonder what would happen if I cordially invited Erin Andrews to have some sexy times with me.

A restraining order. :lol:

OrangeHoof
12-04-2013, 01:12 PM

You'd stand a better chance is you offered to help her with dance moves for her next DWTS appearance.

AllThings18
12-04-2013, 01:54 PM
Most NFL players would just crumple it up and throw it in the trash.

DenBronx
12-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Golly Gee.

I would like to take time out of my busy schedule and personally respond to this.

Giselle gives Brady a prostate exam every night. It helps him stay in touch with his feminine side.