PDA

View Full Version : Injury Won't Keep Vickerson from Leading

Denver Native (Carol)
12-03-2013, 12:10 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- As he stood on crutches and spoke to the media surrounding his locker on Monday afternoon, it was wholly evident that defensive Kevin Vickerson’s injured hip may have taken him off the field, but it certainly won’t keep him away from his team.

Vickerson was placed on injured reserve last week after suffering the hip injury in the Broncos’ Nov. 24 road game at New England. However, a day after the Broncos’ 35-28 win over the Chiefs in a key divisional showdown, Vickerson was back in the locker room with his teammates – and he made clear that he’ll be standing by them for the rest of the way, as well.

“These young guys on this team really need me, support-wise,” Vickerson said. “And I’m just trying to support them, too, for myself. I need them, too, so it’s a boost of my spirits just seeing the guys out, playing hard and giving effort. That’s all I can do, man, is try to give words to some young guys and try to support them the best way I can.”

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Injury-Wont-Keep-Vickerson-from-Leading/9638ccf1-cf31-4434-887a-375eb4d20013

Davii
12-03-2013, 01:48 PM
I like to see players that even when on IR or what have you still come to practice, stand on the sidelines during games, etc. Stay involved, especially the veterans, keep involved and mentor the young guys.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-03-2013, 04:41 PM
I like to see players that even when on IR or what have you still come to practice, stand on the sidelines during games, etc. Stay involved, especially the veterans, keep involved and mentor the young guys.

When Champ was out, he was on the sidelines home/away, helping with the defense, per Del Rio

Joel
12-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Glad he's staying involved; I just hope CJ2K doesn't exploit his absence next week. Unless Keenum finally goes from "almost" to winning QB, our last two games should be fairly easy despite being on the road, but Tennessee's one of those fun late season match ups against a mediocre team that's going nowhere but hasn't been mathematically eliminated quite yet, and SD is about the same except it's a divisional game. On the plus side, both are at home, so as long we don't let down we ought to be OK, but Johnson's Tennessees offense; we'll miss Big Vick.