PDA

View Full Version : The EPIC Moreno Army crawl. Who loved it???

DenBronx
12-02-2013, 05:53 PM
iRu3NikabXw

Broncolingus
12-02-2013, 05:54 PM
I'm there...

DenBronx
12-02-2013, 05:55 PM
I wear my Moreno jerseys proudly nowdays. Love this guys intensity!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-02-2013, 06:18 PM
I've always loved Moreno. He helped my son have a happy 13th birthday 3 years ago. I took my son to Denver for his 13th birthday and Knowshon signed my son's hat after the game. Moreno isn't aware of it, but he helped make a 13th birthday pretty special for one kid from Idaho.

Besides that, I've always thought Moreno was a good football player. I've been flamed a lot for saying I think he's one of the best third down backs in the league, but I've stood by what I've said.

Northman
12-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Its funny when i watch that replay that i dont think Ram's PI was really as bad as it seemed. there were still Chief players tangled up with Knowmo so really its not unheard of for Olineman to keep pushing forward. Sucks that he got the PI on that but looking at it again i think it was a petty call.

Never the less, the MO run was epic. Was talking with someone today on FB about it and how it was almost iconic like with John's whirlwind spin move vs the Pack in the SB. Again, if not for the PI we probably get within FG range and put it away for good but awesome run by Moreno. I have totally changed my tune on him and glad that he got whatever fire lit under his ass because now he looks like the player we drafted so highly. This pic was what started the discussion today on FB, thought it was really cool.

https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1464686_10151916977633183_692751323_n.jpg

underrated29
12-02-2013, 06:37 PM
I loved it!

But then again I have been swinging from his sack for a long time now. Just glad that the rest of you who hated on me are now forced to swing from his nuts too.

There is plenty of space here people. Come on down, enjoy the ride, the view is fine.

Buff
12-02-2013, 06:54 PM
I loved it!

But then again I have been swinging from his sack for a long time now. Just glad that the rest of you who hated on me are now forced to swing from his nuts too.

There is plenty of space here people. Come on down, enjoy the ride, the view is fine.

Where do I grab hold?

WARHORSE
12-02-2013, 07:04 PM
​me.

NightTerror218
12-02-2013, 07:19 PM
Seeing his emotion and intensity this season has made him one of my top players to watch this season.

atwater27
12-02-2013, 07:19 PM
I loved it!

There is plenty of space here people. Come on down, enjoy the ride, the view is fine.Nah. I cheer for him, but I am more excited about Montee and his potential.

Joker56
12-02-2013, 07:42 PM
And if you look.....
IT Took like 6 guys to stop him ...

Lancane
12-02-2013, 07:50 PM
I'm not riding his sack (for any reason), and for a long-time I felt he'd be a bust not being in a zone blocking scheme which was flubbed the moment McNumbnuts tried to create a hybrid system, it's good to finally see him maturing at the position.

As for the Army Crawl, it's the best celebration move or dance since the Mile High Salute.

Dzone
12-02-2013, 08:22 PM
One of the great plays of the year. He carried 6 guys on his back and kept pumping his legs, refusing to go down. You gotta love a running back like that.
So funny how a fight is breaking out and he crawls out from under it doing that army crawl.
He comes up with some original stuff that Moreno does. Rock Paper scissors, etc...If I ever said Knowshon sucked, well, I apologize lol

underrated29
12-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Nah. I cheer for him, but I am more excited about Montee and his potential.

As am I. And I love me some knowshon but montee is the type of runner I prefer. I'm not as much a fan of wiggle and juke as I am being a boss, plowing people, initiating contact and never slowing down.

Joel
12-02-2013, 08:34 PM
Its funny when i watch that replay that i dont think Ram's PI was really as bad as it seemed. there were still Chief players tangled up with Knowmo so really its not unheard of for Olineman to keep pushing forward. Sucks that he got the PI on that but looking at it again i think it was a petty call.

Never the less, the MO run was epic. Was talking with someone today on FB about it and how it was almost iconic like with John's whirlwind spin move vs the Pack in the SB. Again, if not for the PI we probably get within FG range and put it away for good but awesome run by Moreno. I have totally changed my tune on him and glad that he got whatever fire lit under his ass because now he looks like the player we drafted so highly. This pic was what started the discussion today on FB, thought it was really cool.

https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1464686_10151916977633183_692751323_n.jpg
The problem wasn't Ramirez coming down to push the pile, but doing it with the crown of his helmet. Take a look at NFL.coms clip: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000291027/Moreno-31-yard-reception

I admit it's kind of jumpy, at least for my connection, but take a look at where Moreno was and how Ramirez comes in on the first replay CBS showed. Not only did Ramirez lead with the crown of his helmet in a classic spear, but if one the Chiefs hadn't been turned sideways to him the person he'd have hit would've been MORENO! "Thanks for the 31 yd catch on 2nd and 20 to put the game away, and all the other heroic plays you've turned in all year, especially last week. Your reward? 300 lb. dude sprints up and puts his helmet in your back."

That's illegal for good reason, and was stupid foul (why not lead with the shoulder instead of compressing his neck by randomly spearing?) If Adams doesn't make a great 4th down play in the end zone it could've been costly, too: Instead of a first down at the KC 35 with the clock running <4:00, we had a first down at midfield with the clock stopped. Adams should've never HAD to make that play: The game would've already been OVER without Ramirezs stupid penalty.

First down at the KC 35 with the clock running <4:00; KC either burns timeout #2 or (more likely) we let it run 40 seconds, run for a short gain and they call time right at 3:00 left. Second down, we run for another short gain and they burn their last timeout; third down, we run for another short gain and the clock runs down near the 2:00 warning before we call time and kick a FG <50 yds for a 10 pt lead. Kickoff to KC and they have 2:00 and no timeouts to reach the endzone, recover an onside kick and get in range for the tying FG.

Instead, the penalty puts us at midfield AND stops the clock so we have to run just to get it moving again; then KC burns their second time out on 2nd and 8, we throw a couple incompletes since we're well out of FG range and need a first down, then punt back to them with 3:32 and 1 time out instead of 2:00 and none. It took them 1:46 to gain 79 yds; even if a good return instead of starting at the 6 gets them a TD out of that, then what? They try an onside kick with 0:14 left and that's probably it, but even if they recover they've got 10 seconds to kick a FG.

It was a dangerous, needless and therefore STUPID penalty that could've cost us the game, the division, a playoff bye and homefield throughout: All those things are what Moreno SHOULD'VE earned with a 2nd and 20 catch 5 yds short of the first down but muscling forward 15 more before 5 Chiefs finally stopped him. Ramirez nearly blew that for no reason but reckless stupidity.

A lot of guys would've been content to accompliash that plays goal: Turn 2nd and 20 into 3rd and manageable with the clock moving. A lot of things can go wrong on that 3rd down play though; it could be incomplete, it could be short, or Offensive Holding might waste the catch by making it 3rd and 15. Moreno took no chances, didn't give up and finished the play for a first down that should've finished the Chiefs. Instead: Ramirez.... :tsk:

None of that diminishes Morenos huge performance on that play, the similar first quarter screen nor the 3 yd TD catch he practically called FOR Manning, then WILLED when met at the 1. Just like his pss blocking was huge, and his 224 yds and bruised ankle last week, and the 30+ yd TD catch against Washington, and the pair of 20 TD runs against Baltimore. Dude's just KILLING it this year, amped for every down of every game, DEMANDING victory like a champion.

Joel
12-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Selected Moreno highlights from Sunday, courtesy NFL.com:

1st quarter, to maintain the first TD drive: http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/0ap2000000291332/QB-Manning-to-RB-Moreno-34-yd-pass
2nd quarter, all but calling the play, then breaking a tackle at the 1 to score the second TD: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000290849/Moreno-3-yard-TD-reception
4th quarter, crawl that should've finished it: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000291027/Moreno-31-yard-reception

capt. Jack
12-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Funny as can be!

Davii
12-02-2013, 10:01 PM
I thought it was awesome, however, his low crawl form needs work. He needs to get his ass down, there shouldn't be any part not in contact with the ground.

I sure as hell don't want to get my ass shot off in some far off land because you don't habla.

Army Bronco
12-02-2013, 11:05 PM
I thought it was awesome, however, his low crawl form needs work. He needs to get his ass down, there shouldn't be any part not in contact with the ground.

I sure as hell don't want to get my ass shot off in some far off land because you don't habla.he also needed to put his head down in the dirt....or turf

DenBronx
12-03-2013, 01:13 AM

I sure as hell don't want to get my ass shot off in some far off land because you don't habla.

he also needed to put his head down in the dirt....or turf

Leave it to the military guys to correct his form. Lol

Then his dick would be dragging in the dirt.

DenBronx
12-03-2013, 01:14 AM

I saw this over at Bronco Planet on facebook but you beat me to it. Nice sig....was going to use it.

Davii
12-03-2013, 01:41 AM
Leave it to the military guys to correct his form. Lol

Then his dick would be dragging in the dirt.

No no no, Incorrect. He would remember the popular running cadence, "don't let your dingle dangle dangle in the dirt, pick up your dingle dangle put it in your shirt."

There's a lesson to be had in everything, even silly cadences!

WTE
12-03-2013, 05:32 AM
I loved it too. He was crawling like a little baby.

His new nickname is Goo Goo Ga Ga.

sneakers
12-03-2013, 08:00 AM

make a picture like this of him crying but wearing little girl pajamas

DenBronx
12-03-2013, 08:42 AM
I loved it too. He was crawling like a little baby.

His new nickname is Goo Goo Ga Ga.

He was crawling to 1st seed and home field advantage.

That's right....Brady will be IN Denver. Roger GODell can no longer protect him.

You doom awaits....

DenBronx
12-03-2013, 08:44 AM
No no no, Incorrect. He would remember the popular running cadence, "don't let your dingle dangle dangle in the dirt, pick up your dingle dangle put it in your shirt."

There's a lesson to be had in everything, even silly cadences!

dingle dangles go in shirts??? or pants???

WTE
12-03-2013, 10:00 AM
He was crawling to 1st seed and home field advantage.

That's right....Brady will be IN Denver. Roger GODell can no longer protect him.

You doom awaits....

Then Denver it is! I hope it's cold and windy!

Davii
12-03-2013, 10:39 AM
dingle dangles go in shirts??? or pants???

Don't let your dingle dangle dangle in the rocks, pick up your dingle dangle put it your sock.

Don't let your dingle dangle dangle in the sand, pick up your dingle dangle keep it in your hand.

As you can see, no matter the elements there is a plan to ensure dingle dangle safety!

Hawgdriver
12-03-2013, 11:15 AM
And if you look.....
IT Took like 6 guys to stop him ...

They didn't stop him. Just made him temporarily switch up to low crawl mode.

Buff
12-03-2013, 11:32 AM

Hey, it's not called a "Marine Crawl", navy boi. I'll look to Army Bronco on this one. ;)

Davii
12-03-2013, 11:38 AM
Hey, it's not called a "Marine Crawl", navy boi. I'll look to Army Bronco on this one. ;)

You're correct, it's called a "low crawl". Your point is still valid though, Army is a little lower to the ground than I am, I think I've got a whole inch or two on him.

weazel
12-03-2013, 11:57 AM
I loved it!

nah, Im too busy swinging from Vernon Davis' nuts... oh wait, TJ MCDonald already has that spot
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yYHdBq0FUxY/UpvAb_kp-II/AAAAAAAAEQ0/V3AlIJxJABA/s400/vd44.gif

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
12-03-2013, 12:02 PM
That right there is funny

Denver Native (Carol)
12-03-2013, 12:14 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Just as the National Anthem ended at Arrowhead Stadium, CBS' cameras found Knowshon Moreno on the sideline.

The running back was emotional, tears streaming down his face as he prepared to take the field for the AFC West showdown.

"Pretty much like that every game," Moreno said when told the cameras caught his emotional moment. "Just really hyped up and excited to play."

He joked he's already heard "too much" talk about the moment, and Head Coach John Fox said that while the emotional outpouring didn't surprise him, it looks a little different when it's caught on national television.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Moreno-Expands-on-Pregame-Emotions/2136b2d7-f413-4669-8feb-84b09b4ef221