PDA

View Full Version : On right now

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2013, 03:08 PM
John Fox talking live

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-Live-Fox/57fb257a-bf03-4dcf-afa9-f4a5e10232ae

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1

On Derek Wolfe: "He's out of the hospital. Medical people are still evaluating"

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 8m

Fox: "I was 200 yards from my backyard when it happened".

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 10m

Foxy looking slim and trim: "Hardest part was watching the team play".

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 1m

John Fox just said Derek Wolfe is out of hospital, visiting with Greek in trainer's room. Wouldn't think Wolfe plays this week.

Hawgdriver
12-02-2013, 03:20 PM
Fox and Manning share some mannerisms.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2013, 03:21 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 2m

John Fox watched the games with sound up. Wouldn't comment on the quality of announcers. I wanted him to breakdown Collinsworth vs Simms.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 4m

Fox on Champ: "It takes a minute to get back into playing against the best players on the planet".

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 7m

"I had open heart surgery. Watching those games was harder than any of the pain I had". --- morphine

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2013, 03:29 PM
Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043 56s

Fox finishes up after 25 minutes. Looks good. Sounds good. Dude absolutely loves his job and the players coaches and media love him too

Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043 5m

Fox "I'm healed"

Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043 12m

Fox says through technology the only thing he missed was time on the field. That's it. Did all his usual office work remotely. Robocoach

Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043 13m

Lol the gathered media quickly moves n to football questions. Hey you only get a much attention on heart surgery

Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043 17m

Fox re Wolfe. He's out of the hospital and w Greek right now. Compares it to the Tracy porter situation.

Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043 19m

Fox is down another ten pounds. He actually looks great. It was jdr's idea to have fox speak to team on thanksgiving.

Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043 20m

On the 14th hole flat on his back he said "god if u get me out of this I'll owe you one"

Darren McKee ‏@dmac1043 21m

Packed house. Fox ultimately is in better shape now than when he left. He did say when he was passed out on pic.twitter.com/Zz5red4xLM

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2013, 03:58 PM
From Coach Fox's press conference today:

After four weeks away, John Fox returned to the Broncos on Monday, after what he called the "longest bye week in history."

Fox had aortic valve replacement surgery on Nov. 4, and Monday marked the four-week cutoff point after which his doctors agreed he could return to the team. Although he visited players on Thanksgiving last Thursday after returning to Denver on Wednesday, Monday marked his first official day back in charge.

For now, Fox is uncertain exactly what shape his role will take in the coming week as he eases himself back into the job. He doesn't yet know whether he'll coach from the sideline or from a box on Sunday when the Broncos face the Titans, and he said he'll be careful of overextending himself as he adjusts to working full-time after nearly a month off.

Off, though, is a relative term. Fox spent much of his time at home in North Carolina on his iPad, playing as big of a role in his team's game plan as he could.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24639169/john-fox-returns-denver-broncos-after-longest-bye

Ziggy
12-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Thanks Carol. Good to see the coach getting back so soon. How many teams have a coach like JDR to step in when the head coach goes out? The Broncos went 2-1 over the toughest stretch of the season with 2 of those games on the road and all 3 against the teams with the best record in the AFC outside of Denver. Great job by JDR, but I'm glad to see Foxy back.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Fox Happy to be Back, Thanks Staff

Head Coach John Fox talks about coming back to work four weeks after major heart surgery.

video - http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Fox_Happy_to_be_Back_Thanks_Staff/80514668-7a48-4829-8fe3-dc0236e

AND

Fox on Next Steps, Expectations

Head Coach John Fox talks about how much be communicated with the team while away and what the next few days will be like as he returns to coaching.

video - http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Fox-on-Next-Steps-Expectations/be4d43f3-26ae-4800-bba0-97569348cac9

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Coach Fox said he first found out about his medical condition in 1997

Slick
12-02-2013, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the updates Carol.

Broncolingus
12-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Thx, Carol...:D

Glad Coach Fox okay and good to see him back...