PDA

View Full Version : "Revenge Tour" Shaping Up?

OrangeHoof
12-02-2013, 01:31 PM
As long as the Broncos don't lose to any of the four sub-.500 teams left on the schedule, the Broncos might spend the playoffs hosting their nemesis Ravens and Patriots on their path to the Super Bowl.

Currently, the resurgent Ravens (6-6) have the sixth seed where they would travel to Indianapolis. As bad as the Colts have looked lately, it wouldn't be that much a stretch to think the Ravens could beat them.

That would lead the 6 seed Ravens to Denver to face while the Patriots would get the winner of the KC @ Cincinnati matchup. If the Patriots win that, they'd come to Denver for the AFC Championship Game.

If the Colts beat Baltimore, the three-seeded Colts would face the Patriots while Denver would get the Chiefs-Bengals winner.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
12-02-2013, 01:40 PM
As long as the Broncos don't lose to any of the four sub-.500 teams left on the schedule, the Broncos might spend the playoffs hosting their nemesis Ravens and Patriots on their path to the Super Bowl.

Currently, the resurgent Ravens (6-6) have the sixth seed where they would travel to Indianapolis. As bad as the Colts have looked lately, it wouldn't be that much a stretch to think the Ravens could beat them.

That would lead the 6 seed Ravens to Denver to face while the Patriots would get the winner of the KC @ Cincinnati matchup. If the Patriots win that, they'd come to Denver for the AFC Championship Game.

If the Colts beat Baltimore, the three-seeded Colts would face the Patriots while Denver would get the Chiefs-Bengals winner.

You know, I could see the Broncos playing them both. I think the Ravens will start making a run because of their experience in a situation like this. Plus, I think the Chiefs have the potential to go 1-3 or 0-4 down the stretch. They only have one game at home and its against the Colts. The other 3 games are on the road, two of which are against division opponents. I don't think the 5th seed is a lock for them yet.

Traveler
12-02-2013, 01:40 PM
I want the PATS again! Denver needs to put them out of the playoffs. Period!

CrazyHorse
12-02-2013, 02:18 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I'd like if we got the Colts in the first round instead though. Patriots in the AFCCG.

PatriotsGuy
12-02-2013, 02:24 PM
Yeah, revenge of the nerds!

chazoe60
12-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Yeah, revenge of the nerds!

Shut your piehole, Mr. Peanut.

PatriotsGuy
12-02-2013, 02:27 PM
This is a free country chazhole

chazoe60
12-02-2013, 02:31 PM
This is a free country chazhole

Live Free or die. The only thing keeping me from completely hating you is that you live in NH, and you treat your wife like an endentured servant. Have you forced her to shovel snow yet? ;)

PatriotsGuy
12-02-2013, 02:36 PM
It hasn't snowed yet, but I will!

Joel
12-02-2013, 09:39 PM
My first thought on seeing the title was "Tour? HELL, no: Make them come to us!"

I said after the SB the Ravens would collapse, and they have; if the Pats are the shell of a once great team, the Ravens are the shadow of one. On paper, any 6-6 team has a good shot at the #6 seed, but after Pitt and Minnesota they're @Detroit, hosting NE and @Cincy, so they 8-8 looks likely for them. Maybe that'll be enough; the rest of the AFC field IS awfully weak this year. I definitely wouldn't mind if they beat NE, since that would all but guarantee us playoff homefield, but it's more faint hope than expectation.

The Colts go to Cincy next week and Arrowhead two weeks later, and could easily lose both to wind up facing KC again in Indy in the first round. In that case (and assuming we hold onto the #1 seed) we might get a third KC game, in Denver, since it's hard to imagine Cincy losing at home against whoever staggers into the #6 seed. It IS hard to beat a team three times in one year, but if we do and NE wins at home against the winner of Whipping Boy@Cincy we could host Brady and Co. for the AFCGG.

I like that a LOT. Brady's "never won a playoff game against Manning on the road" (i.e. he lost the only one, just as Manning lost both @Brady,) and "never won a playoff in Denver" (i.e. he probably still has nightmares of Champ Baileys 14 pt play in his only posteason Denver game.) Just gotta take care of our business like we did Sunday, and the rest will take care of itself.

Broncolingus
12-02-2013, 09:58 PM

I agree...

...putting an epic smack-down on sissy-boi and the rest of the Patsies in the playoffs would be icing on the cake for a championship this year.

Slick
12-02-2013, 10:23 PM
I'd be perfectly happy if someone else took care of the Patriots in the post season. Revenge would be nice but our Manning is Brady's bitch.

Dapper Dan
12-02-2013, 10:44 PM
I'd be perfectly happy if someone else took care of the Patriots in the post season. Revenge would be nice but our Manning is Brady's bitch.

Eli will get a botox injection in his forehead and play for us this postseason.

blamkin86
12-03-2013, 03:22 PM

Meh, we lost by 3 at their place when the offensive plays got conservative. 4 turnovers in a half will do that to anyone.

Bring on Brady.

Traveler
12-04-2013, 11:57 AM

To be the best, you have to beat the best. NE has become the team that seems to have "our" number, if you know what I mean. I want so badly to send them packing in the playoffs!

claymore
12-04-2013, 12:05 PM
To be the best, you have to beat the best. NE has become the team that seems to have "our" number, if you know what I mean. I want so badly to send them packing in the playoffs!

I want to totally crush their offense. I want Pats fans to blame McD personally for the loss.

broncofaninfla
12-04-2013, 01:49 PM
Denver winning with Mcd crying on the sidelines after the game would be a perfect scenario.......

AllThings18
12-04-2013, 01:53 PM
As a former Colts fan, I can express that the 2006 AFCCG was far more fulfilling with that victory coming at the hands of the Patriots. It was a far better feeling than the victory against the Bears.

I've seen a lot of people say they want Baltimore again, and I can share that viewpoint to an extent, but knocking of the Colts, their foolish owner and then the Patriots would be a perfect way to make it to the Super Bowl.

tripp
12-04-2013, 02:30 PM
As much as I would love to beat the Ravens in Denver in the playoffs. We beat them opening night, and it was an absolute thrashing. I'm over it now. I would LOVE to play the Colts here in Denver. Please! Peyton would absolutely torch them. Patriots.. well this is going to be incredibly tough even in Denver.

Army Bronco
12-04-2013, 02:51 PM

I agree...

...putting an epic smack-down on sissy-boi and the rest of the Patsies in the playoffs would be icing on the cake for a championship this year.this!!!

Joel
12-04-2013, 10:08 PM
As a former Colts fan, I can express that the 2006 AFCCG was far more fulfilling with that victory coming at the hands of the Patriots. It was a far better feeling than the victory against the Bears.

I've seen a lot of people say they want Baltimore again, and I can share that viewpoint to an extent, but knocking of the Colts, their foolish owner and then the Patriots would be a perfect way to make it to the Super Bowl.
I know some want it, but frankly don't think the Ravens will cooperate by showing up: They've got three playoff teams coming up, two on the road, and will be lucky to make it to .500, let alone the playoffs. They barely beat the 5-7 Steelers last week; Baltimore's done. Meanwhile, I doubt the Colts do much better away from their dome with a second year QB than they did with Manning, or even as well. The only team I'd rather have as a Divisional guest is whoever staggers into that #6 seed (and it won't be Baltimore.)

If all goes as expected from here though, #2@#1 in the AFCCG (and that's been the exception more than the rule,) a Denver win would mean that, while the regular season record remains HEAVILY (and permanently) skewed, the POSTSEASON (and Conference Championship) record would be: Manning 2, Brady 2.

I like that a lot, maybe give Manning some incentive to come back and try for a decisive fifth playoff meeting. They'd both be undefeatead against each other at home in the playoffs; maybe after a second Denver season to innure him to the cold Manning can go back to NE in 2014 and beat Brady in his own house; that would be nice. And, of course, ANY game that leaves McDumbass looking like the idiot he is automatically pleases Denver fans. Worst. Fifth Column. EVER!