PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Peyton Manning, Eric Decker too much for Chiefs

Denver Native (Carol)
12-02-2013, 12:37 PM
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — So which is it: Is Peyton Manning the leading candidate for MVP, or is he an over-the-hill quarterback who has lost his fastball?

From game to game, quarter to quarter and even throw to throw, Manning's arm strength and the amount of wobble in his passes have been dissected and analyzed.

He's great! He's toast! Look at that accuracy! Whoa, now that was a duck!

rest - plus video - Manning and Decker review the one-on-one coverage. Ball looks at their toughness and Moreno explains his pre-game tears.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/12/01/broncos-chiefs-week13/3797583/

OrangeHoof
12-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Not hard to explain. Manning looked for match-ups and saw that Decker was being defended by 31 pretty much all over the field so he exploited what was clearly a mismatch. The Chiefs never adjusted (because they probably thought Decker was the lesser threat than Welker or Demaryus) and so Manning kept going there.

The Chiefs, meanwhile, started the game by testing Champ Bailey who was injured. I think Del Rio took out Champ (or Champ took himself out) because he didn't appear much the rest of the game. It's possible Champ was back to his shutdown self but I have my doubts. I saw much more of Harris and Webster the rest of the day.

Dreadnought
12-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Not hard to explain. Manning looked for match-ups and saw that Decker was being defended by 31 pretty much all over the field so he exploited what was clearly a mismatch. The Chiefs never adjusted (because they probably thought Decker was the lesser threat than Welker or Demaryus) and so Manning kept going there.

Uh, not quite. The Chiefs apparently don't flip their CB's. In the first KC game we matched up DeMaryius Thomas against Marcus Cooper and let them keep Sean Smith matched up v. Decker. DT roasted Cooper alive. This time we mostly matched up Eric Decker against Cooper, who likewise roasted him alive (though 2 of his TD passes were against Brandon Flowers). DT's 77 yard pass was also against Marcus Cooper. Peyton Manning whupped up on Cooper like a rented mule. The moral of the story is that we own Marcus Cooper, plus our WR's are great while the Chiefs surely are not.

wayninja
12-03-2013, 12:28 AM
Uh, not quite. The Chiefs apparently don't flip their CB's. In the first KC game we matched up DeMaryius Thomas against Marcus Cooper and let them keep Sean Smith matched up v. Decker. DT roasted Cooper alive. This time we mostly matched up Eric Decker against Cooper, who likewise roasted him alive (though 2 of his TD passes were against Brandon Flowers). DT's 77 yard pass was also against Marcus Cooper. Peyton Manning whupped up on Cooper like a rented mule. The moral of the story is that we own Marcus Cooper, plus our WR's are great while the Chiefs surely are not.

Cooper got a pick. Cold comfort, but something to maybe keep him off suicide watch this week.

BigDaddyBronco
12-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Yea we really want Cooper to be ok so he'll be out there if we play the Chefs in the playoffs. I have my doubts that the Chiefs will win a playoff game, it would go against their history.

MOtorboat
12-03-2013, 11:13 AM
So which is it: Is Peyton Manning the leading candidate for MVP, or is he an over-the-hill quarterback who has lost his fastball?

Lindsay doesn't usually overreact over one game and a few throws. Because that was one game out of 12.