PDA

View Full Version : Big Props to Eric Decker

BroncoWave
12-01-2013, 07:53 PM
I've been one of his harshest critics on here, but he was straight money today. We would not have won if not for his play. We needed it too with the injuries to our offense. Way to go Decker!

igoe4broncos
12-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Couldn't agree more. Gutty effort by Deck and the entire team today with so many guys hobbled and sidelined.

SR
12-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Great game by Decker

Northman
12-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Dude is money.

OrangeHoof
12-01-2013, 08:07 PM
He had a great game today and he deserves props. Clearly, Reid thought Decker was the weakest link and put a safety on him whom Manning shreaded. But Decker didn't have his usual dropitis today and that made the difference.

Doesn't change my longterm opinion. I'd place JT, DT and Welker as more important to the offense and if this guy wants to break the bank in free agency, we should be happy to let him walk. Hell of a draft choice but we can find 20 others like him.

I'm saying this now because I don't want to be accused of beating up on the guy after a sucky game. He had a great game but it doesn't change my opinion.

VonDoom
12-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Even when he was looking for the flag, he got it in this game! That's how you knew it was his day.

To me, this is what makes the Bronco offense so great. ANYONE can beat you on any given day. Next week it could be Welker, or DT, or Julius (if he's back), etc.

NightTerror218
12-01-2013, 08:10 PM
He had a great game today and he deserves props. Clearly, Reid thought Decker was the weakest link and put a safety on him whom Manning shreaded. But Decker didn't have his usual dropitis today and that made the difference.

Doesn't change my longterm opinion. I'd place JT, DT and Welker as more important to the offense and if this guy wants to break the bank in free agency, we should be happy to let him walk. Hell of a draft choice but we can find 20 others like him.

I'm saying this now because I don't want to be accused of being up on the guy after a sucky game. He had a great game but it doesn't change my opinion.

Rather have decker JT and DT. They are all young and good. Welker will walk when Manning does most likely.

Slick
12-01-2013, 08:12 PM
He's got all the physical tools. He had a horrible game last week so it was nice to see him play so well today. Consistency is the only thing he lacks.

He scored 59 points for me in fantasy too. Nice.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
12-01-2013, 08:19 PM
He's got all the physical tools. He had a horrible game last week so it was nice to see him play so well today. Consistency is the only thing he lacks.

I have him on my fantasy team too, but I decided to bench him this week. For superstition purposes, I might leave him there.

Northman
12-01-2013, 08:31 PM

I'm saying this now because I don't want to be accused of beating up on the guy after a sucky game. He had a great game but it doesn't change my opinion.

Too bad his stats go against everything you just said. But, at least you were being honest about your view on him.

Northman
12-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Rather have decker JT and DT. They are all young and good. Welker will walk when Manning does most likely.

Indeed. Welk is just a merc. Keep the youth and play makers.

Pudge
12-01-2013, 08:42 PM

I would have won too if it wasn't for that pesky decker!

I've actually never been so happy to see my opponents receiver tear it up

Slick
12-01-2013, 08:44 PM

Was I playing you this week Pudge?

Joker56
12-01-2013, 08:46 PM
I believe we need Decker as bad as we need Welker,no more;no less.
Hopefully we can sign all of them back,nobody wanting to rob the bank ,but stay a Bronco.

CoachChaz
12-01-2013, 08:56 PM
I stick to my opinion. If he wants 7-8 mil...sign him. If he looks for more...goodbye.

Ravage!!!
12-01-2013, 09:19 PM
I'll stick with the opinion that having a fast, 6'4" WR with good hands and knows this offense is a HUGE plus to this team. But I wonder if anyone is still sticking with the "he's not fast" opinion?

ALSO... good to see that the "where is our downfield passing game" crowd can take a breather.

CDress112
12-01-2013, 09:47 PM
I've always been a fan of Decker ever since he was in college, he was excellent and knew he would break out with Manning on board.

tomjonesrocks
12-01-2013, 09:55 PM
I'm more on board than I was.

JFE has some ******* hard $$$ decisions to make. Glad it's him at the reins.

Pudge
12-01-2013, 10:41 PM
Was I playing you this week Pudge?

Yeah unfortunately you were. I had the one up on you if it wasn't for his 59 points

Ziggy
12-02-2013, 12:21 AM
Great game but I still think he and Beadles walk in free agency. There's just too much young talent on this team to re-sign in the next 2 years.

Decker
DRC
Beadles
Chris Harris
DT
Von
Franklin
Moreno
Woodyard
Knighton
Vickerson
Ayers

That's off the top of my head. There are probably a couple more.

701Bronco
12-02-2013, 12:38 AM
I benched him this week on my fantasy. Tears were shed. Not Moreno style niagra falls tears, but tears nonetheless

Captain Speardog
12-02-2013, 12:49 AM

I lost a couple of weeks ago when D. Thomas tore up S.D. I PM'd the guy and said I was happy top lose when the Broncos perform like that!!

Captain Speardog
12-02-2013, 12:52 AM
Great game but I still think he and Beadles walk in free agency. There's just too much young talent on this team to re-sign in the next 2 years.

Decker
DRC
Beadles
Chris Harris
DT
Von
Franklin
Moreno
Woodyard
Knighton
Vickerson
Ayers

That's off the top of my head. There are probably a couple more.

Yeah Denver has lots of talent leaving. I think it could come down to hometown discounts. Out of all those people on the list if any one of them walked into Elway's office and stated they wanted a fair deal and to get something done before FA. Elway would do it. That being said I don't begrudge any of these players getting the most they can in FA. Because we have seen at any point they can get cut for little or no reason.

Magnificent Seven
12-02-2013, 01:53 AM
More games to come!

Joel
12-02-2013, 02:15 AM
No Bronco has ever caught more TDs in a game; considering how long the team's been around, and its history, that's saying something. Decker grew up and stepped up today when we DT joined JT on the sidelines and left me thinking Caldwell?! OMFG... I'm still glad DT came back, of course, but Decker took control of that game and helped Manning prove he can still throw accurate deep strikes: Two of Deckers TDs were >40 yds, one was 37 and none had much run after the catch, just Manning finding the open man from half a field away and launching a strike.

My favorite was (IIRC) the first, when he was running downfield and the DB tried to shove him, so instead of flopping, letting it sail over his head and demanding a flag, Decker shoved him right back, used it to break inside and caught the TD inside the 5. Maybe that's why he was getting the PIs later: The refs saw that the only way he wouldn't go after a ball is if someone grabbed him.

Great day and, yeah, we need to keep him. He had some nice catches and runs in the first KC game we shouldn't forget, too; he was MIA last week, but who wasn't? Tamme and Moreno.

Broncolingus
12-02-2013, 05:45 AM
Career day and this to go home to...not a bad beginning to the 2013 Christmas season for dude.

Great job, Deck! :salute:

http://bmmoejackson2.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/jessie-james-bikini-maui-07031301.jpg?w=600

DenBronx
12-02-2013, 08:21 AM
I stick to my opinion. If he wants 7-8 mil...sign him. If he looks for more...goodbye.

I think 7-8 mill is reasonable for him. Hope he remains a Bronco. Would hate to see him go to NE.

Mike
12-02-2013, 09:47 AM
Monster game. I think that is what has pissed me off so much about him this season. He is capable of playing like he did yesterday but has been inconsistent. Hopefully this game will break him out of his funk and get him back on track.

Dapper Dan
12-02-2013, 09:49 AM
Aaaaaaaaand this is why we should stop trashing players to begin with.

BroncoWave
12-02-2013, 09:49 AM
Monster game. I think that is what has pissed me off so much about him this season. He is capable of playing like he did yesterday but has been inconsistent. Hopefully this game will break him out of his funk and get him back on track.

Agreed. If he could develop some consistency, he would be worthy of being paid as a #1 guy. He has the talent, but I would love to see him actually show it every week.

MOtorboat
12-02-2013, 11:10 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10066546/eric-decker-stacks-deck-denver-broncos

OrangeHoof
12-02-2013, 01:03 PM
I benched him this week on my fantasy. Tears were shed. Not Moreno style niagra falls tears, but tears nonetheless

Back in the cellar for you, Bronco fan!

Ziggy
12-02-2013, 03:38 PM

Indeed. Welk is just a merc. Keep the youth and play makers.

Great sentiment. Too bad Decker won't stay for anywhere close to the money that Welker is getting.

BroncoNut
12-02-2013, 03:40 PM
I remember thinking early in the game when DT went out that Decker was going to have to have a huge showing. boy was I right. Caldwell filled in nicely.

slim
12-02-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm glad he decided to stop whining and start playing.

Mike
12-02-2013, 04:12 PM
I'm glad he decided to stop whining and start playing.

And when he started playing, he drew a PI call. Coincidence?

slim
12-02-2013, 04:16 PM
Coincidence?

No.

DenBronx
12-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Career day and this to go home to...not a bad beginning to the 2013 Christmas season for dude.

Great job, Deck! :salute:

http://bmmoejackson2.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/jessie-james-bikini-maui-07031301.jpg?w=600

Deck has it all right now.

Slick
12-02-2013, 05:49 PM
Yeah unfortunately you were. I had the one up on you if it wasn't for his 59 points

I have Marshawn Lynch going tonight too.

Northman
12-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Great sentiment. Too bad Decker won't stay for anywhere close to the money that Welker is getting.

Well, we dont know yet. Chances are if the money flows he will bolt but i have yet to see where Deck is asking for the farm. So far just a lot of hypotheticals.

Dapper Dan
12-02-2013, 08:27 PM
Well, we dont know yet. Chances are if the money flows he will bolt but i have yet to see where Deck is asking for the farm. So far just a lot of hypotheticals.

But if it weren't for hypotheticals, we wouldn't have much to argue about. :lol: