PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Chiefs 12/01/13

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

sneakers
11-30-2013, 11:36 PM
Go Broncos! You can get the inside track for the #1 seed tomorrow! We can do this!

http://i.imgur.com/7heeXiD.jpg

SR
11-30-2013, 11:40 PM
Heyyooooo!

Joel, don't ruin this.

GO BRONCOS!

Az Snake
11-30-2013, 11:59 PM

GO BRONCOS !!!

STOMP THE chefs !!!

GO "D" --- SACK smitty !!!

BRONCOS, PROTECT YOUR QB !!!

Denver 44
chefs 13

Welcome back Coach Fox !!!

GO BRONCOS "D" !!!
SHRED the chefs IN THEIR
OWN HOUSE !!!

Davii
12-01-2013, 12:10 AM
Broncos will roll. The Chiefs are going to struggle without Houston and Hali won't be effective. The scoreboard will apply pressure on Alex Smith, Von Miller will add more. Von showed he's back last week, this week he will crush Smith. Andy Reid is no BB, he won't be able to adjust well enough.

Broncos 41 Chiefs 27

SR
12-01-2013, 12:12 AM
Broncos will roll. The Chiefs are going to struggle without Houston and Hali won't be effective. The scoreboard will apply pressure on Alex Smith, Von Miller will add more. Von showed he's back last week, this week he will crush Smith. Andy Reid is no BB, he won't be able to adjust well enough. Broncos 41 Chiefs 27

I really hope Denver doesn't surrender 27 points.

Joel
12-01-2013, 12:15 AM
Heyyooooo!

Joel, don't ruin this.

GO BRONCOS!
The Chiefs won't go vanilla again; last time they knew they could make up a loss with this game, but a loss today puts us 2 games up with 4 games left, so there's no second chances. A few hours ago I read a Legwold article on ESPN saying the Chiefs didn't rotate their CBs to keep Smith on DT when we moved him around the formation to keep him matched against their SF castoff, and it burned them badly, so that'll probably change today. They didn't blitz much and never got to Manning; expect that to change also.

Mannings multi-audible approach may not be as effective @Arrowhead (historically, Denver's usually less effective @Arrowhead in general, with the notable exception of the 1997 Divisional Playoff.) Big Vick isn't there to help contain Charles, and Hali will be working overtime to make up for Houstons absence (while Zombo works overtime to take his job.) Half the articles I've seen say JT will start; the other half say he won't play, so don't count on him for another early TD.

At home with their backs to the wall following two straight losses, KC needs a "statement game," and doesn't want to be on the road throughout the playoffs when they could be at home throughout any more than we do. They'll pull out all the stops, and Reids a good enough coach to take a team to three straight Conference Championships plus a Super Bowl. I'm not saying we'll lose, but it definitely won't be easy—and we MUST win; even if we win the division, ANY loss now means our road to the SB goes through Foxborough (if we make it that far.)
There, is that sufficiently worried for a win? Make your own luck, Denver: That's what champions do. :salute:

SR
12-01-2013, 12:22 AM
Drama queen to the max.

GO BRONCOS!

NightTrainLayne
12-01-2013, 12:27 AM
Chiefs will be trying to avoid a third loss in a row, and need this win desperately in order to win the division.

We will be trying to avoid a second loss in a row, on the road, with a bunch of notable injuries and absences, while trying to rebound from an OT heart-breaker last week to the Patriots.

Just like last week I think this will be a great game. I'm afraid, however, that we will lose another close one.

Joel
12-01-2013, 12:30 AM
Chiefs will be trying to avoid a third loss in a row, and need this win desperately in order to win the division.

We will be trying to avoid a second loss in a row, on the road, with a bunch of notable injuries and absences, while trying to rebound from an OT heart-breaker las week to the Patriots.

Just like last week I thin this will be a great game. I'm afraid, however, that we will lose another close one.
How I hope you're wrong but fear you're right. I still think we have the edge, even on the road, but must play like we mean it. If we falter, they could bury us, and possibly our SB hopes with us.

Con_Valian
12-01-2013, 12:59 AM
Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!!

Davii
12-01-2013, 03:01 AM
I really hope Denver doesn't surrender 27 points.

I meant to say 17 but fat fingered it.

Army Bronco
12-01-2013, 03:28 AM
Go Broncos!!! Must win. We've recently had a history of losing the big games...this won't happen today!!

MOtorboat
12-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Happy gameday Broncos fans.

turftoad
12-01-2013, 10:28 AM
My main concern in this game is Charles. We don't have big Vick and Wolf is out. A couple of our best run defenders. Hope guys can step in and up.
Will be a great game to watch!

Go Broncos!!

Tned
12-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Broncos need to up their game a bit. Injuries are mounting, and they are on the losing side of the tiebreaker to NE. So, they can't afford a loss today (possibly not the rest of the season).

Even with the depleted defense, the Chiefs shouldn't be able to put up more than 17-21 points on the Broncos, and the Broncos should be able to put up 21+ on KC. So, on paper, this should be a win, but the calendar did just flip over to December and it's at Arrowhead, so we all know how that goes, even if we don't believe in superstition or that the calendar or history plays a role in controlling this season.

Bottom line, Broncos have burned their margin with the Indy and NE losses, and now may very well need to win out to insure home field through the playoffs.

It's going to be a long wait until kickoff. I'm ready now.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
12-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Go Broncos!!!

No turnovers!!!

Get off the field on 3rd down defense!!! (No stupid penalties)

SR
12-01-2013, 11:16 AM

Got Austin suited up

Tned
12-01-2013, 11:18 AM

Got Austin suited up

Awesome! Is that a Plummer jersey?

SR
12-01-2013, 11:35 AM

Hell no! Peyton!

Tned
12-01-2013, 11:39 AM
Hell no! Peyton!

Oh, sorry, bad angle... ;)

Army Bronco
12-01-2013, 11:43 AM

Got Austin suited upGo Austin!!!

chazoe60
12-01-2013, 12:27 PM
Go BRONCOS! 14 point victory in Arrowhead.

LTC Pain
12-01-2013, 12:28 PM
C'mon Broncos, beat the Chiefs like a rented mule for 60 minutes!!!

Joel
12-01-2013, 12:29 PM
My main concern in this game is Charles. We don't have big Vick and Wolf is out. A couple of our best run defenders. Hope guys can step in and up.
Will be a great game to watch!

Go Broncos!!
That, KC blitzing since their rush didn't reach Manning (or Rivers) the last two weeks and mixing coverage so DT can't abuse Cooper all day are my main concerns. And turnovers, of course; last time we did well: The team that fumbles more than ANYONE only lost the ball ONCE against the team that causes more fumbles than anyone. Need more of that today on the road. Basically,

Broncos need to up their game a bit. Injuries are mounting, and they are on the losing side of the tiebreaker to NE. So, they can't afford a loss today (possibly not the rest of the season).

Even with the depleted defense, the Chiefs shouldn't be able to put up more than 17-21 points on the Broncos, and the Broncos should be able to put up 21+ on KC. So, on paper, this should be a win, but the calendar did just flip over to December and it's at Arrowhead, so we all know how that goes, even if we don't believe in superstition or that the calendar or history plays a role in controlling this season.

Bottom line, Broncos have burned their margin with the Indy and NE losses, and now may very well need to win out to insure home field through the playoffs.

It's going to be a long wait until kickoff. I'm ready now.
Maybe folks'll hear it from you, because you're dead right. Even with the injuries, this team has the talent to not only beat but DESTROY anyone in the NFL—IF they show up and finish the game. When they phone it in, skip the first/second half or give the ball away all day, well, it's hard to beat ANYONE like that; ask Jim Mora if PFM is enough to overcome that.

We were tied at the half AT HOME against the 3-8 'Skins; after our next two possessions they led 21-14. The 2-9 Jax were one failed 2 PAT from a halftime tie against us, too. That's not supposed to matter because the team finally showed up for the rest of those games and we won by double digits, but the Chiefs aren't a 2 win team this year, and we don't have to ask what happens if we play like that against GOOD teams: Just check the Colts and Pats games.

It's not that I think we're a bad team, it's that our consistent habit of PLAYING like one, especially in big games, raises huge doubts we'll suddenly and uncharacteristically change in the playoffs, where the first loss will finish us—just like in last years playoff game against a team we crushed on the road just a month earlier.

It's hard to see NE losing another game when their toughest remaining game is @Baltimore (6-6). Even if we win the division, ANY loss now almost certainly means the road to the SB goes through Foxborough. We're all out of second chances, yet if we play as well as we can, EVERY DOWN of EVERY GAME, the #1 seed is ours. That's potentially huge; we should beat any of the other 4 AFC playoff teams in Denver, and even if it comes down to Manning vs. Brady again: Brady's NEVER won a playoff game @Denver or @Manning.
Play like champions and that's what you'll be, Broncos. :salute: Play like most of the past year and a half and you might as well LITERALLY phone in your only playoff game.

tomjonesrocks
12-01-2013, 12:40 PM
I'm deeply concerned about this game. I know most think we're going to roll the Chiefs again today, but the Patriots win last week really took the optimism I had for this team and flushed it.

Hopefully the team is better at recovering from that loss than I am.

MOtorboat
12-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Instead of doom and gloom, let's look at it like fans of the No. 1 seed.

The only way Kansas City can stop this offense is if they can get to Manning. They couldn't do it two weeks ago, so with their star rushers both hobbled there is really no reason they can do it today.

I think Denver's defense has shown the last two weeks that it's every bit as good as KC's vaunted defense, as well. Outplayed them at Mile High, and should outplay them again today.

Should be a good day in KC.

Joel
12-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Instead of doom and gloom, let's look at it like fans of the No. 1 seed.

The only way Kansas City can stop this offense is if they can get to Manning. They couldn't do it two weeks ago, so with their star rushers both hobbled there is really no reason they can do it today.
I doubt they play the same vanilla D they used on the road when unbeaten, a game up and knowing they could make up a loss today. Why would they keep doing what left them down three scores in the fourth, when the crowd's on their side now and they're out of second chances? They rarely blitzed us or SD, and got all of one sack for their trouble. Legwold had an ESPN article saying their DBs stayed put as DT went all over the formation to stay on Marcus Cooper, the rookie SF castoff he burned for 100 yds; I hope they repeat that mistake, but doubt it.

I think Denver's defense has shown the last two weeks that it's every bit as good as KC's vaunted defense, as well. Outplayed them at Mile High, and should outplay them again today.
At Mile High we had Big Vick, Wolfe and DRC; now we MIGHT have DRC (but don't count on it.) The Broncos front four that shut down Charles and everyone is missing half its members; remember how well NEs front four stopped our run w/o two starters? I like Ayers/Jackson for Wolfe, but think them a step down, and haven't seen enough of Williams to know what he'll do vs. a good RB.

Should be a good day in KC.
For all that, yeah, it should IF we play up to our ability. The same could've said @Indy and @NE, but 4 turnovers later.... :tsk:

SR
12-01-2013, 01:07 PM
I'm deeply concerned about this game. I know most think we're going to roll the Chiefs again today, but the Patriots win last week really took the optimism I had for this team and flushed it. Hopefully the team is better at recovering from that loss than I am.

You're pretty dramatic and emotional.

SR
12-01-2013, 01:08 PM
I doubt they play the same vanilla D they used on the road when unbeaten, a game up and knowing they could make up a loss today. Why would they keep doing what left them down three scores in the fourth, when the crowd's on their side now and they're out of second chances? They rarely blitzed us or SD, and got all of one sack for their trouble. Legwold had an ESPN article saying their DBs stayed put as DT went all over the formation to stay on Marcus Cooper, the rookie SF castoff he burned for 100 yds; I hope they repeat that mistake, but doubt it. At Mile High we had Big Vick, Wolfe and DRC; now we MIGHT have DRC (but don't count on it.) The Broncos front four that shut down Charles and everyone is missing half its members; remember how well NEs front four stopped our run w/o two starters? I like Ayers/Jackson for Wolfe, but think them a step down, and haven't seen enough of Williams to know what he'll do vs. a good RB. For all that, yeah, it should IF we play up to our ability. The same could've said @Indy and @NE, but 4 turnovers later.... :tsk:

KC didn't play a "vanilla defense" against Denver two weeks ago. I don't know where the hell you came up with that.

Joel
12-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Try this: http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/2820/broncos-chiefs-matchup-of-the-day-5

KC didn't play a "vanilla defense" against Denver two weeks ago. I don't know where the hell you came up with that.
No blitzes and letting our best WR chase a rookie castoff CB all over the field, instead of having Sean Smith chase HIM? What did they do that was so creative and adaptive? Play Berry on the best receiving TE, like they've done all year? Call a few run stunts the 30th time we charged the line? If we do that again Cooper probably won't even be on the field much; it makes sense to play nickel against PFM, a pair of Pro Bowl WRs, Decker and Orange Julius, but not when we run twice as much as we pass. I'm kinda glad they DIDN'T adjust, but don't expect more such luck.

MOtorboat
12-01-2013, 01:25 PM
No blitzes and letting our best WR chase a rookie castoff CB all over the field, instead of having Sean Smith chase HIM? What did they do that was so creative and adaptive? Play Berry on the best receiving TE, like they've done all year? Call a few run stunts the 30th time we charged the line? If we do that again Cooper probably won't even be on the field much; it makes sense to play nickel against PFM, a pair of Pro Bowl WRs, Decker and Orange Julius, but not when we run twice as much as we pass. I'm kinda glad they DIDN'T adjust, but don't expect more such luck.

If you're looking for exotic blitzes from the Kansas City defense, you're probably looking in the wrong place.

Joel
12-01-2013, 01:28 PM
If you're looking for exotic blitzes from the Kansas City defense, you're probably looking in the wrong place.
They didn't need them when they were getting 4 sacks/game; after just 1 in 2 games, with the division and playoff homefield on the line, I expect more today. Hopefully PFM has time to throw and our WRs don't drop passes and/or get knocked down by DBs before the pass yet with no flag. With the same refs, no fumbles, time to throw and containing Charles, we should win.

If I had a nickel for every game we SHOULD'VE won Flacco wouldn't have been Super Bowl MVP.

SR
12-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Joel. Stop.

MOtorboat
12-01-2013, 01:31 PM
They didn't need them when they were getting 4 sacks/game; after getting just 1 in 2 games, with the division and playoff homefield on the line, I expect more today. Hopefully PFM has time to get the ball out to receivers that don't drop passes and/or get knocked down by DBs before the pass yet without a flag. Time to use those big bodies, boys; hope Clark's as good as last time (and the run blocking's more like @NE.)

Great. I hope they do. Manning will eat them alive.

Northman
12-01-2013, 01:31 PM

:lol:

MOtorboat
12-01-2013, 01:32 PM
Joel. Stop.

Hopefully, Denver wins. It's about the only thing that will shut him up. He enjoyed the loss a lot this week.

Joel
12-01-2013, 01:33 PM
Hopefully, Denver wins. It's about the only thing that will shut him up. He enjoyed the loss a lot this week.
That's bull and you ought to know it.

SR
12-01-2013, 01:35 PM

Denver is going to win. The Chefs were over rated at 9-0 and Denver has something to prove after the game last week. I really wish Gase would put the pedal to the metal for the whole game.

MOtorboat
That's bull and you ought to know it.

Not after watching you spam the board with glee about Manning's poor game.

SR
Not after watching you spam the board with glee about Manning's poor game.

You stop too.

MOtorboat
12-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Denver is going to win. The Chefs were over rated at 9-0 and Denver has something to prove after the game last week. I really wish Gase would put the pedal to the metal for the whole game.

He DID do that last week. The damn running backs just kept fumbling. They were jamming it down New England's throat at every turn.

Dapper Dan
12-01-2013, 01:39 PM
I'm excited. I forgot my camera at home. But oh well. Go Broncos!

MOtorboat
12-01-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm excited. I forgot my camera at home. But oh well. Go Broncos!

Does your phone have a camera?

SR
12-01-2013, 01:43 PM
He DID do that last week. The damn running backs just kept fumbling. They were jamming it down New England's throat at every turn.

I want them to keep SCORING and play solid defense for once

Northman
12-01-2013, 01:46 PM
I would be happy if they just stopped turning the ball ******* over. If they do that the rest will take care of itself.

Dapper Dan
12-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Does your phone have a camera?

Yeah. But I have a $400 Canon that I bought for games. Has a 36x zoom.

Dapper Dan
12-01-2013, 01:48 PM
The weather seems amazing so far. We may have a chance.

Salutethis
12-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Guys, today is the anniversary of The Jovan Belcher tragedy. I don't want to be wet blanket here and want to see a Denver win.. I just want to give a fyi so broncos fans don't come of as real jerks when we celebrate our win today! Some things are more important than football...not much, but some!

SR
12-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Guys, today is the anniversary of The Jovan Belcher tragedy. I don't want to be wet blanket here and want to see a Denver win.. I just want to give a fyi so broncos fans don't come of as real jerks when we celebrate our win today! Some things are more important than football...not much, but some!

Sad day. Remember it well. However, it's game day and Denver has a job to do.

Dzone
12-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Yeah. But I have a $400 Canon that I bought for games. Has a 36x zoom.

Damn thats cool bro, I hope you can post some of those pics on here. Its supposed to be warm and sunny in KC. Our kind of weather!

SR
12-01-2013, 02:05 PM
Damn thats cool bro, I hope you can post some of those pics on here. Its supposed to be warm and sunny in KC. Our kind of weather!

He forgot his camera

Salutethis
12-01-2013, 02:06 PM
With that said GO BRONCOS! Time to dominate! I want to get last weeks drama out of my mind! Let's make sure the road to the Superbowl runs through Denver!!!!

GEM
12-01-2013, 02:08 PM
Nothing like coming to the game day thread jacked up for the game and leaving it depressed. FFS Joel, you would think we were fans of the jags the way you talk. :tsk:

Northman
12-01-2013, 02:08 PM
I feel more sympathy for Belcher's wife. But neither had to do with actually playing on the field so its football as usual.

Dzone
12-01-2013, 02:09 PM
He forgot his camera
LOL...I must have missed that p0st..well that sucks

SR
Nothing like coming to the game day thread jacked up for the game and leaving it depressed. FFS Joel, you would think we were fans of the jags the way you talk. :tsk:

C'mon GEM, he's just being unbiased and objective. ;)

SR
LOL...I must have missed that p0st..well that sucks

Right? If it was me id be furious with myself

Dzone
12-01-2013, 02:13 PM
Belcher deserves no sympathy or ceremony...what he did was heinous..Im just glad to hear the NFL is stepping in to help that orphaned little girl
Aint nothing that should keep us from being loud when we kick the shit out of the chiefs today

Dzone
12-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Right? If it was me id be furious with myself
..hes gotta have at least a phone camera with him

SR
12-01-2013, 02:17 PM
..hes gotta have at least a phone camera with him

Do they even make phones without cameras anymore? My grandmas old person phone even has a camera

GEM
12-01-2013, 02:18 PM
C'mon GEM, he's just being unbiased and objective. ;)

I try to stay out of his posts as he has his right to his opinion, but I would appreciate it not taking center place in the gameday thread.

MOtorboat
12-01-2013, 02:18 PM
What's an "old person phone"?

Northman
12-01-2013, 02:19 PM

Ever see "A Night at the Roxbury?".

MOtorboat
12-01-2013, 02:20 PM
Ever see "A Night at the Roxbury?".

It has apparently been a long time.

Dzone
12-01-2013, 02:21 PM
I didnt know people were reading Joels posts LOL...I missed it, darn...

Dapper Dan
12-01-2013, 02:22 PM
On one hand, it sucks. But when I have my camera I get distracted by trying to take good pictures. I usually take about 200 pics of the game. I think I shared them from the Cincinnati game last year.

Joel
12-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Don't look now, but that team that only beat us in OT because they're so unstoppable? Down 17-7 at the half @2-9 Houston. On 4th and 4 at midfield with <0:30 in the half, Kubiak just showed Del Rio what to do on a punt at the end of a half: No returner back, the ball rolled into the end zone; go to the locker room.

If Houston somehow holds on and we win today, homefield's pretty much ours: KC and NE would BOTH be two games back with just four games left, and we'd have a slight one game cushion.

Finish the (regular season) job, Broncos.

Salutethis
12-01-2013, 02:23 PM
A FYI the pats are down by 10 in Houston... I know they were last week... but I am hopeful!

SR
12-01-2013, 02:25 PM

Hers is a flip phone with big buttons and big numbers on the buttons.

Northman
12-01-2013, 02:26 PM
Don't look now, but that team that only beat us in OT because they're so unstoppable? Down 17-7 at the half @2-9 Houston. On 4th and 4 at midfield with <0:30 in the half, Kubiak just showed Del Rio what to do on a punt at the end of a half: No returner back, the ball rolled into the end zone; go to the locker room.

If Houston somehow holds on and we win today, homefield's pretty much ours: KC and NE would BOTH be two games back with just four games left, and we'd have a slight one game cushion.

Finish the (regular season) job, Broncos.

Bwhhahahahahaha, epic.

SR
12-01-2013, 02:26 PM
On one hand, it sucks. But when I have my camera I get distracted by trying to take good pictures. I usually take about 200 pics of the game. I think I shared them from the Cincinnati game last year.

Same here. We take our D7000 with us where ever we go. Sometimes I'm more focused on taking good pictures instead of living in the moment. We went to a Christmas lights thing Friday night and took about 100 pictures in a half hour.

SR
12-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Don't look now, but that team that only beat us in OT because they're so unstoppable? Down 17-7 at the half @2-9 Houston. On 4th and 4 at midfield with <0:30 in the half, Kubiak just showed Del Rio what to do on a punt at the end of a half: No returner back, the ball rolled into the end zone; go to the locker room. If Houston somehow holds on and we win today, homefield's pretty much ours: KC and NE would BOTH be two games back with just four games left, and we'd have a slight one game cushion. Finish the (regular season) job, Broncos.

There's a thread for other games.

SR
12-01-2013, 02:28 PM
Bwhhahahahahaha, epic.

:) .

GEM
12-01-2013, 02:35 PM
And one minute into the third quarter, pats in for a td. Pats are a second half team.

Az Snake
12-01-2013, 02:38 PM
Do they even make phones without cameras anymore? My grandmas old person phone even has a camera

I resemble that remark !!! :mad:

Northman
12-01-2013, 02:38 PM
And one minute into the third quarter, pats in for a td. Pats are a second half team.

Brady is Clutch.

Az Snake
12-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Go BRONCOS! 14 point victory in Arrowhead.

14 +

sneakers
12-01-2013, 02:40 PM
lets go broncos!

http://www.lobshots.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/chefs.jpg

Dapper Dan
12-01-2013, 02:44 PM
We have a thread for other games.

Joel
12-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Fingers crossed; their D is still Swiss cheese, and they doesn't have a sub-zero wind chill or friendly crowd. Dierdorf said the Pats backs are living in terror of Belichick if they fumble again; he laid down the law this week. It showed on that 1 yd TD, too: Three guys held the RB up a good 2-3 seconds trying to strip, but he kept both hands around it and finally reached the end zone. Wish one of our coaches would do something like that (then again, it's only one half; let's see if NE's really done fumbling.)

I know there's a thread for other games, but a NE loss and Denver win today would take a LOT of pressure off us: Two games up on NE and KC with just four to play; nice. Anyway, why would someone complain there's a thread for other games, then High Five the guy who posted about the Houston game right after I did? It's only wrong if I do it?

GEM
12-01-2013, 02:48 PM
We have a thread for other games.

FYI the only reason I posted pats stat was yo show joel that the texans aren't doing anything any different than the Broncos.

GEM
12-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Alright Joel, take it to the other thread.

Broncolingus
12-01-2013, 02:51 PM
Pats are a second half team.

Broncos used to be the same way...

...at least for the past season and a half or so...

...unfortunately, not so much now methinks.

...and, Patriots take the lead.

SR
12-01-2013, 02:52 PM
I resemble that remark !!! :mad:

I know how hip and edgy you are. Davii told me all about it! I kid

Dzone
12-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Wonder if Moreno will be the workhorse or if Ball or CJ get more plays.

SR
12-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Wonder if Moreno will be the workhorse or if Ball or CJ get more plays.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to let Ball sink or swim today.

GEM
12-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Take it to the other games thead.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-01-2013, 03:00 PM
KANSAS CITY — The Broncos are expected to place cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and tight end Julius Thomas on their inactive list for their game today against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Rodgers-Cromartie has a jammed shoulder. He is expected to be replaced by Champ Bailey, who will start for only the third time this season. Bailey has missed nine games with a left foot injury. The Broncos are also expected to give plenty of playing time to rookie Kayvon Webster, and possibly veteran Quentin Jammer. There’s also a good chance the Broncos will have game-day roster room for safety Michael Huff, whom the team signed last week.

Thomas has a sprained knee and is expected to miss his second consecutive game. He would be replaced by Virgil Green and Jacob Tamme. Green is an on-the-line tight end who is considered a better blocker than Thomas. Tamme is a “receiving” tight end who was quarterback Peyton Manning’s most productive target last week at New England, where he had five catches for 47 yards, including a 10-yard touchdown.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/12/01/broncos-game-day-roster-moves-drc-julius-hillman-champ/23640/

Denver Native (Carol)
12-01-2013, 03:01 PM
from same article:

Meanwhile, the Broncos are expected to dress running back Ronnie Hillman for the first time since his critical fumble Oct. 20 at Indianapolis. Hillman, a second-year back, was inactive in the Broncos’ previous four games.

Hillman is expected to be the No. 3 running back against the Chiefs, behind Knowshon Moreno and Montee Ball. Moreno is a bit gimpy with a bruised right ankle.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/12/01/broncos-game-day-roster-moves-drc-julius-hillman-champ/23640/

Joel
12-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Wouldn't be a bad idea to let Ball sink or swim today.
I strongly disagree given how the Chiefs force TOs, but we may have no choice. He's been running better than Hillman was (and had a huge third down catch and run to keep a TD drive alive last week,) so if it's between those two, Ball looks to have more upside to go with his risky history.

Salutethis
12-01-2013, 03:08 PM
Man we gotta get a young runner to wake up...I hope its ball, bit I'd be just as happy

SR
12-01-2013, 03:10 PM
I strongly disagree given how the Chiefs force TOs, but we may have no choice. He's been running better than Hillman was (and had a huge third down catch and run to keep a TD drive alive last week,) so if it's between those two, Ball looks to have more upside to go with his risky history.

Ball's long term development is a lot more important than just your opinion. Hillman sucks.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 32s

Full #Broncos inactives: Dysert, Anderson, DRC, Walton, Kuper, J. Thomas, Wolfe.

Broncolingus
12-01-2013, 03:12 PM
from same article:

Meanwhile, the Broncos are expected to dress running back Ronnie Hillman for the first time since his critical fumble Oct. 20 at Indianapolis. Hillman, a second-year back, was inactive in the Broncos’ previous four games.

Hillman is expected to be the No. 3 running back against the Chiefs, behind Knowshon Moreno and Montee Ball. Moreno is a bit gimpy with a bruised right ankle.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/12/01/broncos-game-day-roster-moves-drc-julius-hillman-champ/23640/

Good...

...that's over a month to learn what he should've learned his first year of college...

(eg...how NOT to fumble)

Denver Native (Carol)
12-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1m

#Chiefs inactives: Bray, Houston, N. Johnson, Kush, Watkins, R. Johnson, Love

Salutethis
12-01-2013, 03:14 PM
* with Hillman...

Joel
12-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Ball's long term development is a lot more important than just your opinion. Hillman sucks.
Whatever he develops into (or doesn't) in 2015 won't help us win SB XLVIII. Salutethis is right: SOMEONE needs to step up and get us to the playoffs; don't care who.

Salutethis
12-01-2013, 03:16 PM
Did Hillman or Ball fumble in college?

SR
12-01-2013, 03:17 PM
Did Hillman or Ball fumble in college?

Ball didn't have any ball security problems in college. Don't know about Hillman.

SR
12-01-2013, 03:18 PM
Whatever he develops into (or doesn't) in 2015 won't help us win SB XLVIII. Salutethis is right: SOMEONE needs to step up and get us to the playoffs; don't care who.

Developing players now for the future while still being successful this season isn't impossible to do. That concept may be lost on you, but it's not on me.

Broncolingus
12-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Ball didn't have any ball security problems in college. Don't know about Hillman.

Ball was a piece of iron in college...carried it like 650+ times before his FIRST fumble ever...so it only figures, he'd start putting it on the turf regularly when coming to Denver :tsk:

I thought I read a few years ago, Hillman had a few more drops than the average back in college, but that could just be the malted hops and bong-resin talking...

SR
12-01-2013, 03:26 PM
Ball was a piece of iron in college...carried it like 650+ times before his FIRST fumble ever...so it only figures, he's start putting it on the turf regularly when coming to Denver :tsk: I thought I read a few years ago, Hillman had a few more drops than the average back in college, but that could just be the malted hops and bong-resin talking...

Ball will be fine. He just needs to regain his confidence.

Joel
12-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Developing players now for the future while still being successful this season isn't impossible to do. That concept may be lost on you, but it's not on me.
You're right; this game only decides the AFCW and AFC homefield on the road in a place always brutal for us: Let's tinker. Maybe I spoke too soon about not starting Champ at FS. :rolleyes:

Play whoever's getting it done (which will probably be Moreno most of the time if he's 100%.) Hopefully SOMEONE finally shows we have more than on RB.

SR
12-01-2013, 03:31 PM
You're right; this game only decides the AFCW and AFC homefield on the road in a place always brutal for us: Let's tinker. Maybe I spoke too soon about not starting Champ at FS. :rolleyes: Play whoever's getting it done (which will probably be Moreno most of the time if he's 100%.) Hopefully SOMEONE finally shows we have more than on RB. Playing Ball more to help him regain his confidence so he can better produce for this team to help it be successful isn't tinkering, it's doing what's in the best interest of the team's success. But the team's success doesn't seem to interest you too much.

And this game doesn't decide anything. The only thing that will come out of it is the winner clinches a playoff berth.

Army Bronco
12-01-2013, 03:35 PM
You're right; this game only decides the AFCW and AFC homefield on the road in a place always brutal for us: Let's tinker. Maybe I spoke too soon about not starting Champ at FS. :rolleyes: Play whoever's getting it done (which will probably be Moreno most of the time if he's 100%.) Hopefully SOMEONE finally shows we have more than on RB. Playing Ball more to help him regain his confidence so he can better produce for this team to help it be successful isn't tinkering, it's doing what's in the best interest of the team's success. But the team's success doesn't seem to interest you too much.

And this game doesn't decide anything. The only thing that will come out of it is the winner clinches a playoff berth.If Ball plays today then I will be nervous when he carries but I don't think he fumbles today. If he did fumble, they will put him on IR..... . From the ass whooping IM going to give him...lol

Denver Native (Carol)
12-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 5m

Hmmm RT @Tom_Helmer: The P.A. system at Arrowhead playing U2's "Bloody Sunday"

SR
12-01-2013, 03:37 PM
If Ball plays today then I will be nervous when he carries but I don't think he fumbles today. If he did fumble, they will put him on IR..... . From the ass whooping IM going to give him...lol

I don't get nervous when Ball carries because of his past. Hillman scares me. Manning scares me.

Army Bronco
12-01-2013, 03:38 PM
So CJ got benched. Looks like Hillman will be playing. DRC and JT are out too. I hope Champ plays like his old Pro Bowl self.

SR
12-01-2013, 03:39 PM
So CJ got benched. Looks like Hillman will be playing. DRC and JT are out too. I hope Champ plays like his old Pro Bowl self.

I hope Hillman doesn't see the field any more than CJ did the last month. I also hope Champ plays well but I also expect KC to test him early and a lot.

Joel
12-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Playing Ball more to help him regain his confidence so he can better produce for this team to help it be successful isn't tinkering, it's doing what's in the best interest of the team's success. But the team's success doesn't seem to interest you too much.
If he's running with one hand on the ball because he lacks confidence... okay, I hope he develops more faith in his ability to break tackles, and realizes the fumbling's a bigger issue.

And this game doesn't decide anything. The only thing that will come out of it is the winner clinches a playoff berth.
The winner clinches a playoff berth, but the game decides nothing? Huh? :confused:

SR
12-01-2013, 03:41 PM
If he's running with one hand on the ball because he lacks confidence... okay, I hope he develops more faith in his ability to break tackles, and realizes the fumbling's a bigger issue. The winner clinches a playoff berth, but the game decides nothing? Huh? :confused:

The game doesn't decide anything you said it does. You sure have a hard time keeping up.

Army Bronco
12-01-2013, 03:42 PM

I hope Hillman doesn't see the field any more than CJ did the last month. I also hope Champ plays well but I also expect KC to test him early and a lot.Maybe that's a good thing for Champ. I can't remember but I think Champ plays well against Bowe. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

tomjonesrocks
12-01-2013, 03:42 PM
Sheesh. Really disappointed Thomas is a scratch.

Don't understand CJ inactive at all either, especially with Moreno not playing at 100 percent. He must have ****** up and missed a meeting or something.

SR
12-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Sheesh. Really disappointed Thomas is a scratch. Don't understand CJ inactive at all either, especially with Moreno not playing at 100 percent. He must have ****** up and missed a meeting or something.

Or he's a backup who was only on the active roster because someone else had fumbleitis.

Northman
12-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Im glad this is a 4pm game today. Late games on the east coast suck.

SR
12-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Maybe that's a good thing for Champ. I can't remember but I think Champ plays well against Bowe. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

Champ usually locks up Bowe pretty well.

Joel
12-01-2013, 03:47 PM
The game doesn't decide anything you said it does. You sure have a hard time keeping up.
You JUST SAID the winner clinches a playoff berth, yet it decides nothing. Mathematically, it doesn't decide the AFCW, but won't lose 2/4 at the end (the ONLY way KC takes the AFCW if they lose today, and they'd have to win the rest then.) Same for AFC homefield if Houston wins (which is the qualifier I attached at the start.)

EDIT: Texans lose; only the AFCW is at stake @Arrowhead. Which is still plenty for a game that decides nothing.

SR
12-01-2013, 03:50 PM
You JUST SAID the winner clinches a playoff berth, yet it decides nothing. Mathematically, it doesn't decide the AFCW, but won't lose 2/4 at the end (the ONLY way KC takes the AFCW if they lose today, and they'd have to win the rest then.) Same for AFC homefield if Houston wins (which is the qualifier I attached at the start.)

You're really ******* clueless

Joel
12-01-2013, 03:51 PM
You're really ******* clueless
You're really insulting. Explain how the game decides a playoff berth yet decides nothing. Use small words; I'll take notes.

Dapper Dan
12-01-2013, 03:53 PM
It's hot and sunny.

Timmy!
12-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Well so much for this game day thread. :giant poop:

Dapper Dan
12-01-2013, 03:54 PM

Az Snake
12-01-2013, 03:55 PM
Maybe that's a good thing for Champ. I can't remember but I think Champ plays well against Bowe. Someone correct me if I'm mistaken.

Champ once held Bowe to zero catches, zero yards and zero TDs in a game a while back.
That was a healthy Champ then.
Think champ won a bet from his brother Boss too.

Dapper Dan
12-01-2013, 03:57 PM
I'm not sure if my upload worked.

SR
12-01-2013, 03:57 PM
You're really insulting. Explain how the game decides a playoff berth yet decides nothing. Use small words; I'll take notes.

You said it decides home field advantage and the AFCW or whatever the hell you said. I said it decides nothing (of what you said) and that the only thing that comes of this game is that the winner has a playoff berth, which isn't a big deal because we all know good and well both of these teams will be in the playoffs regardless. FFS.

SR
12-01-2013, 03:58 PM
Well so much for this game day thread. :giant poop: I'm guilty of assisting in its demise and I apologize to everyone in this thread. Sincerely.

BroncoWave
12-01-2013, 03:59 PM
I just read the last page of this thread. Is there any reason to get caught up on it?

SR
I'm not sure if my upload worked.

It did

SR
I just read the last page of this thread. Is there any reason to get caught up on it?

No.

Northman
12-01-2013, 04:00 PM
This is like pre-game smack, between Bronco fans. Its entertaining.

weazel
12-01-2013, 04:01 PM
I just caught half an update and heard Thomas is out, is that Julius again or Demaryus?

SR
12-01-2013, 04:02 PM
I just caught half an update and heard Thomas is out, is that Julius again or Demaryus?

Julius.

Dapper Dan
12-01-2013, 04:05 PM
I went with the blue Rod Smith jersey instead of the orange Elway. It better be lucky.

Joel
12-01-2013, 04:09 PM
You said it decides home field advantage and the AFCW or whatever the hell you said. I said it decides nothing (of what you said) and that the only thing that comes of this game is that the winner has a playoff berth, which isn't a big deal because we all know good and well both of these teams will be in the playoffs regardless. FFS.
If you wanted to qualify the statement, you should have; that's what I did, and why: IF Houston won (which they didn't) a Denver win would effectively clinch playoff homefield along with the AFCW. It would still do the latter; there's no way KC catches us if we're up 2 games with 4 losing teams left. Still need to win ALL our remaining gams; don't wanna go back to NE this year.

Flip side: Lose and KC's a game up and ALSO has only 4 losing teams left. As far as clinching a playoff berth: The AFC #7 team is 5-6; we effectively clinched the playoffs the first KC game.

Dapper Dan
12-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Lol. They are having a horse racing a donkey.

SR
12-01-2013, 04:10 PM
I went with the blue Rod Smith jersey instead of the orange Elway. It better be lucky.

I'm wearing my white Peyton jersey

Northman
12-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Im naked.

smith49
12-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Gosh damn I'm nervous about today's game. Man, we are banged up. I hope we can manage to fight through all these injuries and get a W today.

Go Broncos!!!!

MOtorboat
Im naked.

Sitting in a bean bag chair, eating Cheetos?

SR
Im naked.

Prove it

SR
12-01-2013, 04:14 PM

Digging in his belly button

Northman
12-01-2013, 04:15 PM

Dont forget with my wife's laptop on a TV tray.

Northman
Prove it

You really dont want me too......

Army Bronco

Champ once held Bowe to zero catches, zero yards and zero TDs in a game a while back.
That was a healthy Champ then.
Think champ won a bet from his brother Boss too.

.ahhh. I think I remember this.

Joel
12-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Digging in his belly button
His belly button if we're lucky. :yuck:

Army Bronco
12-01-2013, 04:16 PM
I went with the blue Rod Smith jersey instead of the orange Elway. It better be lucky.I'm going with my SB 32 Elway jersey. Only one my broke ass could afford!

SR
12-01-2013, 04:17 PM
Dont forget with my wife's laptop on a TV tray.

Poor Missy

SR
12-01-2013, 04:17 PM
You really dont want me too......

I know

Army Bronco
12-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Im naked. Dude, at least draw a number on your chest.

Joel
12-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Right, I'll leave ya'll to it until/unless we do something awesome/they do something awful; it's too hard to try watching the game and keep up with the Gameday Thread on one computer.
Finish the game, finish the job, finish the Chefs: Go, Broncos; Go, America! :salute:

Army Bronco
12-01-2013, 04:22 PM
Right, I'll leave ya'll to it until/unless we do something awesome/they do something awful; it's too hard to try watching the game and keep up with the Gameday Thread on one computer.
Finish the game, finish the job, finish the Chefs: Go, Broncos; Go, America! :salute:I just post from my phone. Its easier.

ShaneFalco
Ball was a piece of iron in college...carried it like 650+ times before his FIRST fumble ever...so it only figures, he'd start putting it on the turf regularly when coming to Denver :tsk:

I thought I read a few years ago, Hillman had a few more drops than the average back in college, but that could just be the malted hops and bong-resin talking...

:thrasher:

Bugs Baloney
OK let's NOT blow a big lead today. :salute:

SR
12-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Dude, at least draw a number on your chest.

lmao

Denver Native (Carol)
:salute: GO BRONCOS :salute:

Az Snake

GO BRONCOS !!!

Sent using Forum Runner

igoe4broncos
12-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Champ already hurt again?

SR
Bailey isn't gonna last

tomjonesrocks
Champ already hurt again?

Looks that way.

Salutethis
12-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Game time!!! Cmon D stop em!!!

igoe4broncos
12-01-2013, 04:28 PM
Chiefs are bringing it early.

Jaws
12-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Had wonderful day christening granddaughter.
Now for some Broncos action!

wayninja
12-01-2013, 04:29 PM
I still think we can win this

SR
12-01-2013, 04:30 PM
No hold call on the right tackle?

wayninja
kinda looked like a hold on the near side

Ziggy
Von just got triple teamed. Someone else is going to have to step up.

wayninja
12-01-2013, 04:31 PM
We should consider covering Bowe

ShaneFalco
12-01-2013, 04:32 PM
Von just got triple teamed. Someone else is going to have to step up.

Yup. pretty horrible if no one else can step up.

Ziggy
We should consider covering Bowe

He threw Harris to the ground.

SR
Harris got manhandled

igoe4broncos
12-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Champ looks like he's an old man out there.

SR
Nacho is too reckless

ShaneFalco
Whatta play

wayninja
Wesley!!!

SR

He just got popped in the head by Nacho

Nice Woody!!!!!

Az Snake
WW !!!

Sent using Forum Runner

Ziggy
There we go!!!!

BroncoWave
12-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Wesley Woodyard! I was just about to complain about our defense. Thanks for shutting me up Wes!

igoe4broncos
#GameManager

Denver Native (Carol)
:defense: :defense: :defense: :defense: :defense:

ShaneFalco

Its a giant ass tight end. what do you expect him to do? Give him a break

Northman
Nice job Woody.

Bronco4ever
Thanks Smith!

sneakers
yessssssssssssss

wayninja
I love how Wes stiff arms and spins 6 yards deep in the end zone. Good times.

MOtorboat
Bwahahahahahaha!

Army Bronco
Hell yeah Woodyard.

Salutethis
12-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Oh YEAH WOODYARD!!!!!

Broncolingus
12-01-2013, 04:35 PM
Its easy...

...just take Jamal out of the game and let that dude (try and) beat you throwing.

Nice pick, Woody...

tomjonesrocks
12-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Nice timing, Wes...

wayninja
I don't give a **** about a highway warning!!!!

igoe4broncos
Its a giant ass tight end. what do you expect him to do? Give him a break

He had to go to the sideline three times on one drive. I gave him breaks the first two times.

ShaneFalco
12-01-2013, 04:37 PM
I don't give a **** about a highway warning!!!!

lol i know right

Ziggy
We all know that Welker is going to have a huge game.

pnbronco
Nice job Wesley...come on guys. Wes and DT already seem different.

Bugs Baloney
12-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Nice Pocket! Manning to Welker.

SR
He had to go to the sideline three times on one drive. I gave him breaks the first two times.

Got the wind knocked out of him once then got blasted by Nacho

Ziggy
Beadles sucks.

ShaneFalco
the **** is manning doing....

double coverage?

SR
Goddammit

BroncoWave
Well shit, gave it right back. WTF were you doing there Manning?

pnbronco
12-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Nooooooo!!!!

Broncolingus
What a horrible decision/throw...:tsk:

wayninja
Meh, not that different from a punt.

igoe4broncos
Arrowhead is amped.

tomjonesrocks
Awful pass. Almost as good as a punt though I guess.

SR
That wasn't a bad throw at all. Thomas needed to put two hands on the ball.

Northman
OH look, a TO.

CoachChaz
12-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Bullshit. That's my one complaint about DT. He should come down with those a lot more often than he does

Northman

Well, he was basically double covered which isnt a good decision. I know guys like Calvin Johnson are freakish but D isnt near him on that level. Bad decision to throw in double coverage.

Army Bronco
That wasn't a bad throw at all. Thomas needed to put two hands on the ball.that's why I thought. He needs to go up and fight

BroncoWave

Throwing deep into double coverage isn't necessarily the best decision.

Denver Native (Carol)
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 31s

Trainers are checking out Demaryius Thomas on the sideline after the interception.

ShaneFalco
12-01-2013, 04:41 PM
i dont know, if you are going to throw into double coverage, at least give DT a high ball so he can jump for it.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1m

Looks like left arm or shoulder for Demaryius Thomas.

SR
12-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Throwing deep into double coverage isn't necessarily the best decision.

Who was the only player to get their hand on the ball initially?

SR
Denver's defense needs to figure something out soon

BroncoWave
Good thing we don't have to worry about KC's offense or anything.

Broncolingus
12-01-2013, 04:43 PM
OH look, a TO.

Totally with ya, brother...

BroncoWave
Who was the only player to get their hand on the ball initially?

That doesn't make it a good decision to throw deep into double coverage.

Army Bronco
Our Defense is still in Denver

SR
No holding flags ??? Jesus!

Ziggy
Missing big Vick already.

igoe4broncos
Kniles Davis just tackled Trevathan and no call? WTF?

SR
12-01-2013, 04:44 PM
That doesn't make it a good decision to throw deep into double coverage.

I said it was a good throw, not a good decision

BroncoWave
Our defense sucks today. We could get boatraced if we don't figure something out.

wayninja
Defense is getting gashed

Broncolingus
12-01-2013, 04:45 PM
...pretty ball-less effort so far by the ole, Broncos...

Kinda thought maybe they might be a little pissed from last week and take it out on the Chefs...

...I guess not.

ShaneFalco
Del rio needs to call a Timeout.

tomjonesrocks
Look at that inept Chiefs offense go.

ShaneFalco
Or just let them take all momentum.....

SR

BroncoWave
This is going to be a long game. Now both Thomases are out and our D can't do crap.

wayninja
12-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Holy shit, if we don't get something figured out, this is going to be an ugly loss.

Broncolingus
Nice effort, Duke...:tsk:

chazoe60
At least we're healthy.

igoe4broncos
Going to be a long ass game at this rate.

chazoe60
Can't wait until the Draft.

SR
DT questionable to return

tomjonesrocks
12-01-2013, 04:47 PM
...pretty ball-less effort so far by the ole, Broncos... Kinda thought maybe they might be a little pissed from last week and take it out on the Chefs... ...I guess not.

I think we've overrated this team. Basically.

Denver Native (Carol)
Our defense sucks today. We could get boatraced if we don't figure something out.

Missing 3 starters - Vickerson, Wolfe, Moore

ShaneFalco
man del rio blows as a HC. Manage the game.....

BroncoWave
I think we've overrated this team. Basically.

I think we are completely decimated with injuries. Basically.

Army Bronco
Too Turkey for Denver.

SR
12-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Missing 3 starters - Vickerson, Wolfe, Moore

That's an excuse? Why even show up then?

wayninja
Chiefs are being very aggressive, which is probably what they should have done the first game. Because we can't cover shit down the field.

Salutethis
Decker needs to step up if DT is out....He is the one guy that demands a double team...

chazoe60
missing 3 starters - vickerson, wolfe, moore

4. Drc

Ziggy
I love game day threads. 1 score by the opponent and all of the sudden the Broncos suck.

Northman
12-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Injuries are not an excuse.