PDA

View Full Version : False start on new deal for disgruntled Broncos receiver Marshall

Lonestar
09-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:13 am EDT

By Mark Miller

Wide receiver Brandon Marshall(notes) has been trying o get himself traded from the Denver Broncos for some time now, but it was starting to look like he might be staying in the Mile High City for a few years to come yesterday when a rumor came around, thanks to ESPN, that the team had made a contract-extension proposal to Marshall. That proposal was apparently rejected earlier in training camp after some discussion between the two sides, according to the Denver Post.

An extension seems extra strange right now since Marshall is just coming off a whole lot of bad publicity for not showing as much effort as his teammates in a recent practice. The word is that the Broncos have had a very difficult time trying to trade Marshall due to maturity issues so now the team has decided to grin and bear it for the long haul and hope he doesn't turn into a total Terrell Owens(notes) type of distraction.

He's making $2.198 million this season. And you can bet any kind of talk of a contract extension has got Marshall feeling good since he's been publicly begging for one for months now. But there's no word if the Broncos will put out another extension offer to Marshall now or if the team is just done with the whole mess.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/False-start-on-new-deal-for-disgruntled-Broncos-?urn=nfl,188557

Ravage!!!
09-10-2009, 11:01 AM
we need to be honest and just admit that this team needs Marshall. It does.

GEM
09-10-2009, 11:06 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Brandon-Marshall-Wah-I-m-mad-Broncos-Okay-h?urn=nfl,188581

Brandon Marshall: Wah, I'm mad. Broncos: Okay, here's $30m.

By MJD

In an unforeseen development in the Brandon Marshall(notes) controversy, the Broncos now apparently want to give him a contract extension.

That's the word from ESPN's Adam Schefter, who quotes a couple of league sources as saying that a potential deal would put Marshall's salary in line with those of the top receivers in the game. Just for comparison's sake, Larry Fitzgerald(notes) made $17 million last year, Randy Moss(notes) made $14 million, and Terrell Owens(notes) made $13 million (those numbers include signing bonuses and base salary).

Previously, Marshall had been trying to get the Broncos to trade him. To his credit, he used some brilliant, if not also appalling, methods (video at that link). Honestly, I'm a little surprised that they didn't work. Marshall ended up getting suspended by the team, and was reinstated over the weekend.

The obvious danger here for the Broncos is that they'd be rewarding idiotic and childish behavior, which they already did once this offseason when they let Jay Cutler(notes) whine his way into a trade to Chicago. If the Cutler trade had never gone down, Marshall may have never started acting like a complete 'bag.

So now, with Marshall's behavior taking jackassery to a new level, if he gets what he wants, what kind of message does that send to the next guy looking for a raise? I don't even want to think about what he'd do to top Marshall. Give Josh McDaniels a wedgie and hang him up in the locker room by the back of his underwear? Pour sugar in Pat Bowlen's gas tank?
__________________________________________________ ____________________

In the comments below the article:

Eric L you are delusional.
I'll give you Moreno. That cat looks awesome, but you can't ell me your O line is any where near beast worthy. I do like Clady though, but elsewhere there are issues.
You mean help SIMMS. Orton will get himself booted out a of a job by week 4...if he lives...oh, and hows that D?
Almost as good as Oaklands...

__________________________________________________ _______________

To which, my reply:

Reply to Hey you in the bushes....Do yourself a favor. Go to your search line put in 2009 nfl offensive line rankings and look up each and every site that comes up. Every one of them has Denver's OLine listed in the top 2. Get your facts straight before opening your mouth.

I love tearing a guy's reply up with fact. :D

JONtheBRONCO
09-10-2009, 11:40 AM
He's angered me for months now.. But we need him. We really do.

Mike
09-10-2009, 11:56 AM
WRs aren't nearly as critical to team success as people seem to think. Having Marshall would be great and would benefit the Broncos, but it isn't critical.

If they can get fair value and he doesn't want to be here...dish him. If he is willing to accept an incentive and behavior restrictive contract...sign him. Don't sell the farm to keep though.

nevcraw
09-10-2009, 01:36 PM
WRs aren't nearly as critical to team success as people seem to think. Having Marshall would be great and would benefit the Broncos, but it isn't critical.

If they can get fair value and he doesn't want to be here...dish him. If he is willing to accept an incentive and behavior restrictive contract...sign him. Don't sell the farm to keep though.

Nor is a good QB, or a pass rush...
jus because the patriots won onc eupon a time without household named wr's doesn't make it less important..

Ravage!!!
09-10-2009, 02:28 PM

No player is going to sign a contract based purely on incentives... period. Its foolish to believe otherwise.

Teams have won SBs without elite QBs..... but its MUCh harder to. Teams have won SBs without strong defenses, and teams have won without top WR talent. But I know one thing... this offense has STUTTERED this preseason. You may be able to take ONE major talent out of an offense, but you start taking more than that and it starts to hinder us in a big way.

The Patriots won without a top receiver because they had elite talent at QB (as well as a HoF defensive mind). Our QB needs as much talent around him as he can get for our team to be successful.

sanluis
09-10-2009, 02:30 PM
so ... did Denver start talks again or not?? :confused:

broncophan
09-10-2009, 02:45 PM

Well........the way I see it...........

This team wins 4 or 5 games with Marshall..............or this team wins 4 or 5 games without Marshall.......

so why do we NEED the guy???........and all the baggage???

LordTrychon
09-10-2009, 02:47 PM
so ... did Denver start talks again or not?? :confused:

They did. This article was just basically saying that stuff happened yesterday and then opinions on it. No new news that I see.

Ravage!!!
09-10-2009, 02:51 PM

This team wins 4 or 5 games with Marshall..............or this team wins 4 or 5 games without Marshall.......

you have good points on this year.

But seriously. Teams all over the NFL do their damnest to find elite talent. Took us TEN years to find WRs and QBs. We no longer have the QB and I would hate for us to then have to start filling in MORE holes as we watch our stud players go.

Its not like we know if McDaniels can fill in at WR.... the patriots were/are as bad at drafting WRs as we are. Shanahan proved the last few years (well, we did have the goodmans at that time) to fill those holes. Right now we have BIG holes to fill at the DL, LB, safety....and QB. How many holes can we afford to keep making ourselves?? Lets patch up and keep the holes filled that we have filled and then ADD to the repair rather than add to the damage.

LordTrychon
09-10-2009, 02:52 PM

I see what you're saying...

But are we more or less potent as an offense with Marshall on the field? It's hard to pick out which games specifically a WR will help us win, but that doesn't mean they don't help us win.

He makes our offense better. We need a good offense to win.

I personally would like us to at least try to win. If we only win 4 games, so be it... but I'm not going to say, to hell with any talent we may have... we're not going to win much anyway....

I remember the last time we decided to just develop talent and let it go... thinking that we could just replace it easily... it was our Defensive line. How's that working for us now?

broncophan
09-10-2009, 02:59 PM
you have good points on this year.

But seriously. Teams all over the NFL do their damnest to find elite talent. Took us TEN years to find WRs and QBs. We no longer have the QB and I would hate for us to then have to start filling in MORE holes as we watch our stud players go.

Its not like we know if McDaniels can fill in at WR.... the patriots were/are as bad at drafting WRs as we are. Shanahan proved the last few years (well, we did have the goodmans at that time) to fill those holes. Right now we have BIG holes to fill at the DL, LB, safety....and QB. How many holes can we afford to keep making ourselves?? Lets patch up and keep the holes filled that we have filled and then ADD to the repair rather than add to the damage.

I understand what you are saying.........but Marshall has done his best to "add to the damage" himself.......
sure his talent would be nice to have around..but his fiasco at practice proved ,to me anyway,....we don't NEED him........and any future draft picks at wide receiver sure don't need to spend any time with the guy....

LordTrychon
09-10-2009, 03:04 PM
I understand what you are saying.........but Marshall has done his best to "add to the damage" himself.......
sure his talent would be nice to have around..but his fiasco at practice proved ,to me anyway,....we don't NEED him........and any future draft picks at wide receiver sure don't need to spend any time with the guy....

We keep him and Royal around, and all we'll be drafting for is KR/PR at WR... maybe some #3s.... but there's always Gaffneys and Stokelys too...

broncophan
09-10-2009, 03:05 PM

But are we more or less potent as an offense with Marshall on the field? It's hard to pick out which games specifically a WR will help us win, but that doesn't mean they don't help us win.

I personally would like us to at least try to win. If we only win 4 games, so be it... but I'm not going to say, to hell with any talent we may have... we're not going to win much anyway....

I remember the last time we decided to just develop talent and let it go... thinking that we could just replace it easily... it was our Defensive line. How's that working for us now?

Yea.......I am sure the team will try......
I hope I am wrong.....obviously......I just don't think having Marshall will get us a whole lot more more wins.....than without him....at least for this season.

What happened to the days where we had talent.....and absolutely no head cases.......and almost no off the field issues....is what I would like to know...:confused:

topscribe
09-10-2009, 03:05 PM

I have to agree with you regarding your approach to Marshall, Mike. However,
I can't help but to note what happened with the Patriots after Moss joined
them. I would bet my bottom dollar McDaniels & Co. are on pins and needles,
hoping against hope that Marshall has decided to get serious about his
contributions toward the team. And Bowlen, too . . .

-----

LordTrychon
09-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Yea.......I am sure the team will try......
I hope I am wrong.....obviously......I just don't think having Marshall will get us a whole lot more more wins.....than without him....at least for this season.

What happened to the days where we had talent.....and absolutely no head cases.......and almost no off the field issues....is what I would like to know...:confused:

If we end up being a 4 win team, you're right... he won't make much of a difference this year.

If we're all shocked, and we somehow manage to make it to 8-8 or 10-6... he could be the difference between the two... and if we make the playoffs... we need playmakers.

I agree though. I miss 98.

Lonestar
09-10-2009, 03:08 PM

but back then we did not have a coaching staff that knew elbows from little fingers and a HC that had different priorities than this one seems to have.. offense is nice but not the end all ..

will we be better with marshall? probably, but how much better and does that mean he is worth all the potential suspensions, jail time and other baggage..

Hey I do not know something for the coaching staff to figure out..

I know he most likely would not sign a "stick and carrot" type contract but that is all that I would offer him.. and mine would have very little UP front money that would be remotely unrecoverable because his next offense off the field could mean 6-8 games missed and while he is not "paid" while suspended.. he still has up front money to live off of..

so sorry if that means he does else where so be it.. Pat has already paid a bunch of money to clowns that were cut and leaving us over the years I'd guess at 40-50 million in dead cap space..

IIRC we had of a couple of years 10-15 million in dead cap alone..

so is he worth it, for the extra "elite status" IMHO no..

LordTrychon
09-10-2009, 03:47 PM
but back then we did not have a coaching staff that knew elbows from little fingers and a HC that had different priorities than this one seems to have.. offense is nice but not the end all ..

Yeah... gee, I wish Shanahan knew what he was doing when he got us two straight superbowls. Or when he put together a completely different defense that took us to the AFC Championship.

Good thing we brought in McDaniels to fix the defense. Moreno will do that nicely.

lol.

I'm poking fun a little, JR... but your glasses aren't orange... they're something else. I'm not sure exactly how it is you see things at times. :lol:

Ravage!!!
09-10-2009, 03:59 PM
if they couldn't tell fingers from Elbows.. .. then I think I want another farsighted coach.

topscribe
09-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Yeah... gee, I wish Shanahan knew what he was doing when he got us two straight superbowls. Or when he put together a completely different defense that took us to the AFC Championship.

Good thing we brought in McDaniels to fix the defense. Moreno will do that nicely.

lol.

I'm poking fun a little, JR... but your glasses aren't orange... they're something else. I'm not sure exactly how it is you see things at times. :lol:

Well . . . he's not boring . . . :D

-----

LordTrychon
09-10-2009, 04:16 PM
Well . . . he's not boring . . . :D

-----

No, I wouldn't argue that. :laugh:

Lonestar
09-10-2009, 05:40 PM

lol.

yes he did indeed get us to two Lombardi's and might have had a third had the team not melted down at home against first year team..

so now that he and a GOOD DC won those trophy's he has done almost nothing since with the defense other than go through 4-5 DC during that time frame..

yes he was great OC for this team but I hope you will not want to say he was much in the personnel area..

his defenses for the most part sucked while they may have ranked in the top ten in either pass or run defense depending on which was the defense dejour.. when one was top ten or better the other was in the crapper.. in most cases our team shut down the run so they just turned around and passed all day on us..

or vice versa.

back in 2003 or so we traded for Champ thinking that he would magically cure the passing game.. they or I should say mike just never figured out that unless you put pressure n the QB consistently with the DL that the QB was going to pick up the blitz and hit that open man or have all day to hit open WR.. The four greatest DB's in the game could not cover decent to great WR for 5-8 seconds with a manning or good to great QB looking for the open men.

I am hoping the new guy knows elbows from pinkie fingers because he is our HC. I like everything I have seen so far form the guy.. and I am willing to give him time to clean up the mess he was left with.. it took ten years to get there and it may take more than one-threes years to fix..

I know that many here believe deeply that all that was needed was to fix the D and frankly I was thinking the same thing at first..

But every thing I have seen this kid do looks like it is the right thing and as needed to be done.. to become a new power house..

I know that many do not want to be NE west and thought that the old system was going to be kept, but Pat did and he is the one that counts..

Pat was smart enough to know when to cut ties now many of Y'all need to make that same decision..

If for some reason Josh does not make it mike and his old ways are not coming back..

FWIW while I know that some think the players are going through the motions because it is the new boss, and maybe a few are.. BUT I see a new attitude on the field and folks stoked about playing football again.. I do not think that is just saying what the new boss wants to hear..

LordTrychon
09-11-2009, 08:02 AM
yes he did indeed get us to two Lombardi's and might have had a third had the team not melted down at home against first year team..

so now that he and a GOOD DC won those trophy's he has done almost nothing since with the defense other than go through 4-5 DC during that time frame..

yes he was great OC for this team but I hope you will not want to say he was much in the personnel area..

his defenses for the most part sucked while they may have ranked in the top ten in either pass or run defense depending on which was the defense dejour.. when one was top ten or better the other was in the crapper.. in most cases our team shut down the run so they just turned around and passed all day on us..

or vice versa.

back in 2003 or so we traded for Champ thinking that he would magically cure the passing game.. they or I should say mike just never figured out that unless you put pressure n the QB consistently with the DL that the QB was going to pick up the blitz and hit that open man or have all day to hit open WR.. The four greatest DB's in the game could not cover decent to great WR for 5-8 seconds with a manning or good to great QB looking for the open men.

I am hoping the new guy knows elbows from pinkie fingers because he is our HC. I like everything I have seen so far form the guy.. and I am willing to give him time to clean up the mess he was left with.. it took ten years to get there and it may take more than one-threes years to fix..

I know that many here believe deeply that all that was needed was to fix the D and frankly I was thinking the same thing at first..

But every thing I have seen this kid do looks like it is the right thing and as needed to be done.. to become a new power house..

I know that many do not want to be NE west and thought that the old system was going to be kept, but Pat did and he is the one that counts..

Pat was smart enough to know when to cut ties now many of Y'all need to make that same decision..

If for some reason Josh does not make it mike and his old ways are not coming back..

FWIW while I know that some think the players are going through the motions because it is the new boss, and maybe a few are.. BUT I see a new attitude on the field and folks stoked about playing football again.. I do not think that is just saying what the new boss wants to hear..

lol.... That 'good DC' we had for those SBs was out of the league before Shanny was.

I may not have the history with the team that some do, but I've been a fan since the Superbowls, so I didn't really need this history lesson or your perversion of it. ;)

Say what you will... the team that nearly made it to the Superbowl in 2005 was completely different (save for a few faces) than the one that won the superbowls. If you give Shanny all the blame for when things fall apart, you need to give him credit for putting them together again too.

Yes, Bowlen decided to cut ties. That doesn't mean I need to find ways to denigrate our old coach who is likely to end up in the HOF. I know what he did and what he was capable of. I've let go my anger at his release, but it doesn't make your statements any more true.

Tned
09-11-2009, 08:23 AM
lol.... That 'good DC' we had for those SBs was out of the league before Shanny was.

I may not have the history with the team that some do, but I've been a fan since the Superbowls, so I didn't really need this history lesson or your perversion of it. ;)

Say what you will... the team that nearly made it to the Superbowl in 2005 was completely different (save for a few faces) than the one that won the superbowls. If you give Shanny all the blame for when things fall apart, you need to give him credit for putting them together again too.

Yes, Bowlen decided to cut ties. That doesn't mean I need to find ways to denigrate our old coach who is likely to end up in the HOF. I know what he did and what he was capable of. I've let go my anger at his release, but it doesn't make your statements any more true.

Revisionist history is en vogue at the moment, so I wouldn't try too hard to explain things. The fact that Bowlen fired Shanhan after 14 years becomes 'proof' that Shanahan inherited a SB team, and had been lousy since Elway retired. It's not worth trying to inject common sense and logic into an emotions based bias.

SmilinAssasSin27
09-11-2009, 09:50 AM

No TEAM NEEDS 1 player. Especially a guy like BMarsh. Plenty of teams have won rings w/o "premiere" WRs. And none of the divas are wearing any jewelery w/ the exception of Michael Irvin.

CoachChaz
09-11-2009, 11:16 AM
I think the perceived value of an elite WR is overrated. if we are going to pass the ball 600 times a year, then sure...it helps to have a workhorse. But I think those days are over. In this offense, we'll be passing to set up the run and it will be a much more balanced attack. In that scenario...an "elite" WR is not necessary. But even if it is, we already have one that is working on his elite status.

If Marshall stays at a reasonable price...great. If not...so be it. We wont be significantly better or worse with or without him.

Ravage!!!
09-11-2009, 11:24 AM
I LOVE Royal.. love him. But I think he's working on being an elite #2 and not a #1. Having Marshall on the other side will make Royal HUGE... not having him and putting someone like Gaffney, will make things very difficult in the long run for Royal. Sure he'll have his big games.

But this offense has struggled without Marshall in the lineup. I know I know.. you guys are going to say "but its only pre-season." "we haven't even played a game yet." I seem to rmember people saying that EXACT same defense about our DL LAST pre-season as we watched it get blown off the line.

As of right now.. our offense has stuttered without Marshall in the lineup. His presence makes things a LOT LOT easier for the rest of the receivers, and will make it a LOT easier on Orton.... and orton needs that.

Northman
09-11-2009, 11:27 AM

I would like to see our WR in question go without getting into any trouble off the field. Everybody wants something and right now the Broncos want a reliable WR who has a tendency to get into trouble off the field which effects what happens on the field. Denying what is in front of you will not make it go away just because said player has skills on the field.

Lonestar
09-11-2009, 11:34 AM

so your saying Robinson was not a good DC, that did not have a clue about defenses?

Just need to clarify that. that he was who you were talking about..

IIRC he moved on to SEA after him and mike argued about players or something who knows for sure.. then we hired Rhodes IIRC and then coyer and bates and then slowitt..

but I could be wrong a out the sequence..

I am not revising history..in that regard..

Not denigrating your HOF coach merely calling a spade a spade.. he was great as an OC beyond that he showed me not much without a long list of HOF players and a few more that should be.. he won alot of games no doubt but Squeaking by on the late rallies by John and Jake or on the toe of Jason for many of them well It did not do it for me.

yes I know a win is a win to most.. but there are WINS and then there are wins..

but mike had a lot of LOSSES also.. he also had a lot of losses in trap games..

and please do not argue that everyone does because I expect more out of a "HOF" than you might..

Not sure about what you meant about finding ways to denigrate him merely stated facts IF I have mis quoted or mis stated something please show me where I have.. Because i have pretty throughly looked at stats over the years and believe I am correct..

on another tangent..

I heard Rod Woodson talk this morning during my workouts.. He said that those teams teams that are small and finesse teams play really well during sept and early OCT but fade in the later games because of stamina and weather when it comes down to having to run the ball the little teams that started out well fade..

he was not talking about DEN per se, but it hit home.. he said those teams that have the big back are the ones that are going to win late and in the playoffs..

CoachChaz
09-11-2009, 11:37 AM
I LOVE Royal.. love him. But I think he's working on being an elite #2 and not a #1. Having Marshall on the other side will make Royal HUGE... not having him and putting someone like Gaffney, will make things very difficult in the long run for Royal. Sure he'll have his big games.

But this offense has struggled without Marshall in the lineup. I know I know.. you guys are going to say "but its only pre-season." "we haven't even played a game yet." I seem to rmember people saying that EXACT same defense about our DL LAST pre-season as we watched it get blown off the line.

As of right now.. our offense has stuttered without Marshall in the lineup. His presence makes things a LOT LOT easier for the rest of the receivers, and will make it a LOT easier on Orton.... and orton needs that.

I cant disagree with any of this except that I think Royal is more than capable of being a #1. but, he only has one season under his belt, so none of us can really tell. We'll see soon enough.

Ravage!!!
09-11-2009, 11:46 AM
addai wasn't big...Tomlinson isn't big. The steelers didn't have a big back last year. Philly didn't have. Peterson is only 217

CoachChaz
09-11-2009, 11:50 AM
addai wasn't big...Tomlinson isn't big. The steelers didn't have a big back last year. Philly didn't have. Peterson is only 217

Parker might be 200 dripping wet.

Ravage!!!
09-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Parker might be 200 dripping wet.

with his shoes filled with rocks

Lonestar
09-11-2009, 12:10 PM

yes sorry I forgot to add the comment but they were also talking about OLINE being bulky also..

and they did talk about the weather in the northern cities being a huge factor also..

Kaylore
09-11-2009, 12:50 PM
I don't have any faith in Marshall the person to keep out of trouble, and to be honest I'm not convinced Marshall the player is 100% and is going to be the same player he was. I suspect and hope McDaniels feels the same way.

topscribe
09-11-2009, 12:57 PM
I don't have any faith in Marshall the person to keep out of trouble, and to be honest I'm not convinced Marshall the player is 100% and is going to be the same player he was. I suspect and hope McDaniels feels the same way.

I remember Marshall's continually repeating, "I'm a good person." That gave
me concerns at that time. Before one can assay to change one's character,
one must see oneself for what one is. I hope his reaching out to Rod Smith is
a sign of that because if a change does not take place inside, then we will
not see one from without.

I do believe, from what I have heard and read, Marshall is fully recovered,
physically. Let's hope he gets it right between the ears . . .

-----

BCJ
09-11-2009, 01:26 PM

and all those trade talks that got his crap picks or players has to have BM admit that it is better to play out his contract without any Flava Clown crap tied to it and see where he improves at the end of the season. He does.

LordTrychon
09-11-2009, 11:10 PM
I would like to see our WR in question go without getting into any trouble off the field. Everybody wants something and right now the Broncos want a reliable WR who has a tendency to get into trouble off the field which effects what happens on the field. Denying what is in front of you will not make it go away just because said player has skills on the field.

Well, I'd love to see him stay out of trouble as well.

Problem is that he's in his last year with us and without some sort of extension, he won't have another offseason to try to prove he can.

so your saying Robinson was not a good DC, that did not have a clue about defenses?

Just need to clarify that. that he was who you were talking about..

IIRC he moved on to SEA after him and mike argued about players or something who knows for sure.. then we hired Rhodes IIRC and then coyer and bates and then slowitt..

but I could be wrong a out the sequence..

I am not revising history..in that regard..

Not denigrating your HOF coach merely calling a spade a spade.. he was great as an OC beyond that he showed me not much without a long list of HOF players and a few more that should be.. he won alot of games no doubt but Squeaking by on the late rallies by John and Jake or on the toe of Jason for many of them well It did not do it for me.

yes I know a win is a win to most.. but there are WINS and then there are wins..

but mike had a lot of LOSSES also.. he also had a lot of losses in trap games..

and please do not argue that everyone does because I expect more out of a "HOF" than you might..

Not sure about what you meant about finding ways to denigrate him merely stated facts IF I have mis quoted or mis stated something please show me where I have.. Because i have pretty throughly looked at stats over the years and believe I am correct..

Yes, I was speaking about Robinson.

Robinson went on to KC after Denver, lost his job there as well. He's on his third college team now (I had to look for that part... didn't know he managed to find another job after being run out of town twice).

You're thinking of Rhodes who left for SEA after disagreeing with Shanny over something.

Regardless, you didn't comment on the Defense that Shanny helped put together that got us to a win of the Superbowl. If he's at fault for the bad times, he deserves credit for the good ones. He didn't inherit that team, he built it.

As for HOF coaches... find me the ones that are going to the HOF without any HOF players. Seriously. I won't steal Rav's rant on it... but if you are good enough as a coach to have a HOF career, you had HOF players along the way.

Oh... and If you're not trying to denigrate the man or the coach, JR... don't use phrases like "we did not have a coaching staff that knew elbows from little fingers". That's not a stat... nor have I mis stated or mis quoted you. That was what you said, and it was a denigrating remark. You could even say inflammatory. (i.e. meant to garner an inflamed response)

Tempus Fugit
09-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Stupid idea to give him an extension.

rcsodak
09-12-2009, 12:57 AM

:confused:

Not sure what you're arguing, rav...

...you act as thought BM hasn't rejoined the team, and is playing nicey-nice.

LMAO...

...keep this up and we might have to start talking about your boi, cutler, again. :laugh:

LordTrychon
09-12-2009, 01:06 AM
:confused:

Not sure what you're arguing, rav...

...you act as thought BM hasn't rejoined the team, and is playing nicey-nice.

LMAO...

...keep this up and we might have to start talking about your boi, cutler, again. :laugh:

Well, the thread IS about an extension for Marshall....

Nomad
09-12-2009, 07:08 AM

I'm not as concerned for the image of the BRONCOS (though I would like good character players) as I am the effects to the BRONCOS by troubled players. Besides this, like Kaylore said, no one knows if he is still the same player on the field as he once was because he fails to be on the field and prove himself.