PDA

View Full Version : Champ Bailey listed as probable for Broncos vs. Chiefs game

Denver Native (Carol)
11-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Denver Broncos cornerback Champ Bailey was listed Friday on the injury report as probable and available to play Sunday in Kansas City.

Bailey has played only briefly in one game this season because of a foot injury.

But interim coach Jack Del Rio was vague on what role Bailey might play in the critical game against the Chiefs. The Broncos go into Kansas City tied with 9-2, though the Broncos do hold the tiebreaker because of a win over the Chiefs two weeks ago.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24625021/champ-bailey-probable-broncos-vs-chiefs-game

Denver Native (Carol)
11-29-2013, 04:06 PM
from same article:

On a question looking back to the first Kansas City game two weeks ago in Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Del Rio was noncommittal. In that game, Kansas City's pass defense was noticeably playing rough house against Denver's Wes Welker off the ball.

"I don't have anything to add at this point," Del Rio said. "I was asked a lot of questions before. I expect we're going to go out and win."

Del Rio said that if the Broncos had issues with the Chiefs' play, it was a private matter between the league and the coaching staffs.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24625021/champ-bailey-probable-broncos-vs-chiefs-game

Joel
11-30-2013, 09:50 AM
from same article:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24625021/champ-bailey-probable-broncos-vs-chiefs-game
They just have to use their big bodies to beat jams, because ever since Indy that's how EVERYONE plays us and, if we make it to the SB, physical DB play is the "Legion of Booms" hallmark.

It'll be good having Champ if he's 100%, especially since KC's been passing more the last two games. I just hope Vickerson and Wolfe being out doesn't give Charles a field day at home.

MOtorboat
11-30-2013, 10:02 AM
They just have to use their big bodies to beat jams, because ever since Indy that's how EVERYONE plays us and, if we make it to the SB, physical DB play is the "Legion of Booms" hallmark.

It'll be good having Champ if he's 100%, especially since KC's been passing more the last two games. I just hope Vickerson and Wolfe being out doesn't give Charles a field day at home.

They are passing, and have lost both games.

Again, Kansas City's offense really shouldn't worry anyone.

BroncoWave
11-30-2013, 10:10 AM
They are passing, and have lost both games.

Again, Kansas City's offense really shouldn't worry anyone.

I wouldn't say their passing game is WHY they lost both games though. I would say it has more to do with their defense giving up their two biggest point totals of the season. I don't see how you can't admit that Smith has been passing it really well the past couple of weeks.

MOtorboat
11-30-2013, 10:18 AM
I wouldn't say their passing game is WHY they lost both games though. I would say it has more to do with their defense giving up their two biggest point totals of the season. I don't see how you can't admit that Smith has been passing it really well the past couple of weeks.

He passed it well last week against SD. He was OK against Denver. That offense just doesn't worry me unless it has short fields. I don't know why anything has changed in two weeks.

Joel
11-30-2013, 10:54 AM
It's hard to say what Smiths passing means. The Bolts secondary and pass rush are pretty soft (though their rush got to Manning, and KC scored 10 pts more than we did against SD.) He was only OK against us; many long balls were on target but (thankfully) dropped. I'm honestly more worried about Charles now that Big Vick's not anchoring our line in the middle, and the forecast. For what it's worth, tomorrows 3PM forecast for KC is 45° with minimal wind, 5° warmer than when Mannings Colts beat them 38-31 in the Puntless Playoff.

It's likely KC sticks with their increased passing though, if only to avoid a predictable one-dimensional offense that lets us sell out on Charles since Vickerson's gone, or to exploit our banged up secondary if we DO sell out on Charles and load the box. Best case scenario, they're down by double digits in the second half and we have to defend the pass to avoid a repeat of last week.

Last time I said if we block and don't turn it over we should be fine, and that still goes, but it'll be harder in their house with the crowd disrupting PFMs audibles and KC far more desperate.

Ravage!!!
11-30-2013, 11:00 AM

You keep bringing them up, but you do realize teams have been passing the ball on them.

Ravage!!!
11-30-2013, 11:02 AM

He's been passing it MORE the last two weeks, and the reason they have given up the most points is because it's the first two games all year they have played agaisnt STARTING QBs. Smith throws and ok ball, but he showed against us that he's SO worried about turning it over, that he wouldn't even take a shot downfield in the last play of the 1st half.

Joel
11-30-2013, 11:47 AM
You keep bringing them up, but you do realize teams have been passing the ball on them.
For the same reason teams have passed the ball on us: That's what teams down a lot late do. Teams that know they're hopelessly outclassed often desperately heave it deep from the start.

Simple Jaded
11-30-2013, 09:58 PM
Half of The legion of booms CB tandem will be suspended for the SB.

Captain Speardog
11-30-2013, 10:02 PM
Having Champ back is a big boost. Hopefully DRC will be able to go. Get this win and try to get healthy for the playoffs.

Joel
11-30-2013, 10:34 PM
Half of The legion of booms CB tandem will be suspended for the SB.
I sure hope so, but the NFL seems to be looking the other way and letting them (but ONLY them and whoever Denver's playing) pretend it's 1970 and PI doesn't exist. For those convinced the NFL is fixed, a Seahawks win would be a powerful argument. On the other hand, maybe they're just being set up as stooges; unless Chicago does something miraculous, ALL NFC playoff teams will be warm weather/dome teams who'll have an uphill battle in the NYC Super Bowl, and suddenly calling penalties to which Seattle's been immune all year would likely finish them.

That's not to say it IS fixed (though the Ravens stumbling through the regular season to become unbeatable in the playoffs certainly smelled,) but that there will be tantalizing arguments for that this year. Those prone to conspiracy theories pretty much find any argument compelling; doesn't make it valid.

Joel
11-30-2013, 10:35 PM
Having Champ back is a big boost. Hopefully DRC will be able to go. Get this win and try to get healthy for the playoffs.
If he's at or near 100%, I would prefer DRC at this point, but it sounds like he's iffy, and I don't want him out there if he can't raise his arm or take a rough landing on his shoulder.

SR
11-30-2013, 10:36 PM
If he's at or near 100%, I would prefer DRC at this point, but it sounds like he's iffy, and I don't want him out there if he can't raise his arm or take a rough landing on his shoulder.

Considering DRC hurt his shoulder, not some leg thing or midsection thing, it wouldn't surprise me to see him go.

Simple Jaded
11-30-2013, 10:37 PM

I wanna see a healthy Champ playing CB while Jr is locked up Slots and DRC is locked up on speed receivers.