PDA

View Full Version : Knowshon Moreno (foot) practices

Denver Native (Carol)
11-29-2013, 12:14 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- The Denver Broncos went through their Thanksgiving practice with every player in uniform and in drills.

That included running back Knowshon Moreno, who took part on a limited basis after being held out of Wednesday practice with a right foot injury. Moreno said "I feel good" before returning to the trainers' room following the workout. The Broncos expect him to practice Friday as well.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10050228/knowshon-moreno-denver-broncos-foot-practices-limited-basis

also other players mentioned

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Man, I hope he doesn't get hurt worst.

SR
11-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Man, I hope he doesn't get hurt worst.

I don't think this particular injury can "get worse" as it's a bone bruise. He's been awesome this year and I expect it to continue

VonDoom
11-29-2013, 03:00 PM
Klis reports Moreno and Champ probable, DRC and (contrary to this article) Julius questionable

Denver Native (Carol)
11-29-2013, 04:58 PM
Broncos interim head coach Jack Del Rio expressed optimism Friday that running back Knowshon Moreno would start Sunday at Kansas City. Moreno sustained a right ankle injury in last Sunday's game at New England.

Del Rio reported that Moreno did all of his work in practice Friday. He is listed as probable for Sunday's game. Rookie Montee Ball has been backing up Moreno.

Moreno had a career-most 37 carries last week against New England, for a career-most 224 yards.

rest - plus video - DelRio & Knowshon
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24625021/champ-bailey-probable-broncos-vs-chiefs-game

Denver Native (Carol)
11-30-2013, 03:55 PM
Maybe this weekend Knowshon Moreno will get 38 carries.

He had a career-high 37 carries last weekend at New England, gaining a career-high 224 yards.

"But it went by so fast," Moreno said Friday. "Especially during the game, you don't know how many carries you've got. You're just out there running."

Moreno left Gillette Stadium with a protective boot on his badly bruised right ankle and crutches beneath his arms, but he will be the Broncos' starting tailback Sunday at Kansas City.

rest - plus stuff on other players
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24627263/knowshon-moreno-start-denver-broncos

Joel
11-30-2013, 05:12 PM
If Wolfe is unable to play Sunday, Denver is expected to divvy up snaps among the other defensive linemen in the rotation: Robert Ayers, Malik Jackson, Sylvester Williams, Mitch Unrein and Shaun Phillips.
Isn't Phillips starting on the other side, backed by Ayers? Aren't Williams and Unrein at the top of the depth chart for the spot where Kevin Vickerson formerly started? I kind of expected Ayers in Wolfes spot with Jackson backing him and Phillips, and Williams rotating with Unrein in the middle. Not sure what that does to our nickel; I think Jackson was already starting with Wolfe there.

I'm mildly surprised and somewhat relieved Moreno's starting; I just hope they aren't pushing him too hard, understandable though it is. I was genuinely pissed they sent him back out there leaving a blood trail in his wake when the rest of the offense couldn't finish the game he carried them through for five quarters. Without him and Tamme, Millers TD return might've been the only points we scored all night. Disgraceful in the record-setting, SB-contending #1 offense.

Speaking of which, unless we have a good day tomorrow or New Orleans has a bad one Monday, we won't be the #1 offense after this weekend. Not sure the #2 offense can set any records.

Hawgdriver
11-30-2013, 08:01 PM
Disgraceful in the record-setting, SB-contending #1 offense.

I wouldn't describe anything about the Denver Broncos as disgraceful. I'd find another word, myself. I'd hate for someone to interpret my choice of words as an expression of enmity toward the team.

SR
11-30-2013, 08:03 PM
I wouldn't describe anything about the Denver Broncos as disgraceful. I'd find another word, myself. I'd hate for someone to interpret my choice of words as an expression of enmity toward the team.

That's how Joel rolls

Joel
11-30-2013, 09:13 PM
With the notable and noble exception of Moreno, last Sundays offensive non-performance WAS a disgrace to the high standard Denver has established and maintained for decades. It's not what anyone expects of the Broncos or Manning in general. After everyone spent the seasons first month talking about all the records our offense was on pace to not just break, but SHATTER, it's not what anyone expects of THIS SEASONS Denver offense. If we were that far ahead of the curve for a whole month, what does it say that we're not on pace to break ANY records now?

I hold no enmity toward the team, but the downside of creating high expectations is being expected to fulfill them. In KC, a roaring start that just missed the division crown and earned a brief playoff trip would be a more than acceptable sequel to a league-worst 2-14 record: We were 13-3, had the AFCs BEST and NFLs second best record and left the playoffs early simply because we didn't show up for a home game against the eventual Champs; a repeat like that isn't good enough.

I don't have any AFCW Champion caps, let alone any Most Points in the First Nine Games caps (do they make caps for that?) Mine says, "Two Time Super Bowl Champions," but it's kind of faded; I'd like a new one. I have no animosity against team, but last year the biggest obstacle to a Broncos Super Bowl was the Broncos, and it evidently still is, and I have a DEEP animosity against self-destruction. Getting beat by a better team is distasteful but endurable as long as we're moving forward toward our goal. Are we...?

Hawgdriver
11-30-2013, 10:37 PM
I take that back, some of the McDaniels buffoonery could be classified as disgraceful.

Losing a close game to a worthy opponent is not in that realm. It's not in the same constellation.

It was a tough, close game. A lot of learning, a lot of improving will come from it. Shame about those injuries. This year it's all about the postseason anyway. No point in getting too lathered up about one of the 16 "preseason" games.

I'm really ready to move on from these conversations with the pessimistic tone.

Joel
12-01-2013, 12:28 AM
I don't consider a Pats team with more key injuries than even Denver a worthy opponent. And that loss has postseason implications: If we lose ANY more games—today or later—our SB road goes through Foxborough. Last week wasn't so much fun I want to repeat it; if we play that shell of a once great team again, I want to be in our house: Brady's NEVER won a playoff game @Denver nor @Manning. Best way to end the pessimism is with a win about which to be positive, and practically clinching the AFCW on the road would be a nice one.

Simple Jaded
12-01-2013, 01:32 AM
I like malleable your high standards are, they're considerably higher than they used to be.

Timmy!
12-01-2013, 02:42 AM
I don't consider a Pats team with more key injuries than even Denver a worthy opponent. And that loss has postseason implications: If we lose ANY more games—today or later—our SB road goes through Foxborough. Last week wasn't so much fun I want to repeat it; if we play that shell of a once great team again, I want to be in our house: Brady's NEVER won a playoff game @Denver nor @Manning. Best way to end the pessimism is with a win about which to be positive, and practically clinching the AFCW on the road would be a nice one.

So, you're saying we should be terrified of a team that is a "shell of its former self" and "not a worthy opponent?" Plus, youre also already assuming this same not worthy shell of a team wins out. That's not contradictory at all, but it is par for a Joel post.

Joel
12-01-2013, 07:22 AM
So, you're saying we should be terrified of a team that is a "shell of its former self" and "not a worthy opponent?" Plus, youre also already assuming this same not worthy shell of a team wins out. That's not contradictory at all, but it is par for a Joel post.
Have you seen their schedule? Maybe Baltimore wins at home again, or NE drops a divison game, but don't count on it against one .500 and four losing teams. Did you watch last weeks game? There's no reason to think another game @NE would go better two months from now. It'll only be colder, Vickerson's out for the year, and Talib and Dennard would probably finish the game.

You're right though: I'm less worried about when/where we play that half a once great team again than whether GOOD playoff teams allow us the chance. Congrats to Dallas: If they hadn't beat the Raiders we'd be stuck with "the only winning team we beat hasn't beaten ANY." We've got the talent; we just need to use it on the rare occasions we face decent competition.

MOtorboat
12-01-2013, 09:29 AM

I'm surprised Denver is even suiting up the rest of the season.

MOtorboat
12-01-2013, 10:57 AM
With the notable and noble exception of Moreno, last Sundays offensive non-performance WAS a disgrace to the high standard Denver has established and maintained for decades.

412 yards is disgraceful. What a joke? This team did what you have bitched and moaned for for two ******* years, run the ball for 280 yards, and that's disgraceful? At this point, are you just trolling to troll? Because I can come up with no other reason for this drivel.

They didn't pass until they had to, and still racked up plenty of yards, plenty of points and had a decent third down percentage (better than the almighty Brady's I might add).

I didn't read the rest of that shit.

Joel
12-01-2013, 12:44 PM
412 yards is disgraceful. What a joke? This team did what you have bitched and moaned for for two ******* years, run the ball for 280 yards, and that's disgraceful? At this point, are you just trolling to troll? Because I can come up with no other reason for this drivel.

They didn't pass until they had to, and still racked up plenty of yards, plenty of points and had a decent third down percentage (better than the almighty Brady's I might add).

I didn't read the rest of that shit.
You're right, they didn't pass till forced (though I've been advocating run-first, not pass-never.) Unfortunately, when forced, they couldn't pass to save their lives, so they lost. Running to establish the pass and zinging them with a few kill shots when they load the box works fine—IF the team exploits the opportunity on those few passes. We couldn't.

Don't oversimplify: It's not Martyball, running when they expect it and passing when they expect THAT. Passing on 1st and 10 or even 2nd and 6 is fine if it's getting first/touchdowns rather than the 5 yd gains of a good run. That's another problem: The best reason to run rather than pass is it drastically reduces turnovers—except, not for us; it's about even (and that's NOT on PFM.)

412 yards isn't disgraceful in itself, because Moreno was over half of it in a career game. Too bad half a good team beats a one man offense.

MOtorboat
12-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Is there any team in the AFC that you think is a playoff team?

That's a serious question.

It was a sub-par passing game, I'm not denying that. But it is NOT the disaster you've spammed this board about all week. At the end, when needed, Manning got the job done. Too bad the special teams screwed it up.

Joel
12-01-2013, 01:13 PM
Is there any team in the AFC that you think is a playoff team?

That's a serious question.
Funny you should ask, because I've been wondering the past few days. Maybe Cincy; haven't seen enough of them to be sure. Indy's fallen apart since they lost Wayne against us, KC hasn't beaten a winning team all year, NE's missing half its starters and we're missing more than a few. The Pats looked formidable and rejuvenated on D till they lost both DTs and Mayo, but not now.

Right now the #6 seed would be a 6-6 team because Baltimore beat Pitt Thursday; before that Tennessee was #6 with a LOSING record. Theoretically EVERYONE—even 2-9 Jax and Houston—is in playoff contention: How good a conference would YOU say that is? The AFCs best hope may be that the SB's outside in NYC; even though NINE NFC teams have winning records, only #8 Chicago and #9 Philly play outside in the cold. Indy's the only AFC contender that doesn't play in the cold; at a cold neutral site, that must give the AFC an edge.

It was a sub-par passing game, I'm not denying that. But it is NOT the disaster you've spammed this board about all week. At the end, when needed, Manning got the job done. Too bad the special teams screwed it up.
If he'd gotten the job done there'd have been no OT: We'd have never trailed. Even in OT, if PFM had gotten the job done we wouldn't have played 12:00 without scoring.

MOtorboat
12-01-2013, 01:18 PM
So there's only one team that's MAYBE worthy of the playoffs? OK, Joel.

Someone call Roger and tell him to cancel the AFC playoffs.