PDA

View Full Version : 100 Million

Superchop 7
11-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Probably should not have done this, but I played Joe Ellis for a bit.....I actually have a retractable roof bid for 100 million accepted, my thinking is, there are a couple of dates we need it, the .01 tax wasnt anything any of us missed out of the wallet....BUT....the roof could bring the area 200 mil Superbowl, 150 Mil Final 4.

I do not think Pat would use it unless we dip below 32, but as a community that built it....why not turn a cowtown into a big town ?

SR
11-28-2013, 10:26 AM
No you didn't.

And do you understand the engineering behind just slapping a retractable roof on to a stadium that wasn't designed or built to support it? No.

You fools.

Simple Jaded
11-28-2013, 11:58 AM
Iirc the stadium had the option of a retractable roof but Bowlen decided against it, good for him.

chazoe60
11-28-2013, 12:10 PM
No you didn't.

And do you understand the engineering behind just slapping a retractable roof on to a stadium that wasn't designed or built to support it? No.

You fools.
Chill out. Chop already proved it can be done, he put it together with his Legos in his room.

Simple Jaded
11-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Chill out. Chop already proved it can be done, he put it together with his Legos in his room.

I think Chop is more Lincoln Logs than he is Legos.

SR
11-28-2013, 12:18 PM

No! You ******* chill out MAN! ;)

DenBronx
11-28-2013, 01:38 PM
Probably should not have done this, but I played Joe Ellis for a bit.....I actually have a retractable roof bid for 100 million accepted, my thinking is, there are a couple of dates we need it, the .01 tax wasnt anything any of us missed out of the wallet....BUT....the roof could bring the area 200 mil Superbowl, 150 Mil Final 4.

I do not think Pat would use it unless we dip below 32, but as a community that built it....why not turn a cowtown into a big town ?

Denvers not a cow town

Most fans love outdoor stadiums

You cant add a retractable roof to ours

We would need to build a complete new stadium

Your threads suck

Timmy!
11-28-2013, 03:38 PM
Meanwhile, not in the year 2000.......

AlWilsonizKING
11-28-2013, 11:14 PM
They were actually talking about this on The Fan the other day. Vic, Al and Dmac. Talking about what it would take to put a roof on to bring the Superbowl to Denver. $200 Million+ was disscussed. Who knows if it would ever happen. I myself would be against it. The one point out of the disscussion was the talk about in 20-30 years all Major Leauge Sports stadiums would have roofs on them. I would hope not.....

PEACE!!!

Dzone
11-28-2013, 11:57 PM
Domes suck!!!...Denver doesnt need one and it wouldnt make Denver a better city. I saw that ugly dome in St Louis, it looks horrible. Every dome I have ever seen looks like shit

SM19
11-29-2013, 12:26 AM
The work it would take to determine the actual cost of this kind of modification is itself pretty expensive. And you know that of the ~$200 million visitor spending generated by the Super Bowl, and the ~$150 million generated by the Final Four, the portion returned to the people paying for the roof is way less than 100%, right?

aberdien
11-29-2013, 12:37 AM
Football was meant to be played outdoors. Inclement weather makes it fun.

Dzone
11-29-2013, 02:57 AM
Hideous is putting it mildly

SR
11-29-2013, 09:21 AM
Domes suck!!!...Denver doesnt need one and it wouldnt make Denver a better city. I saw that ugly dome in St Louis, it looks horrible. Every dome I have ever seen looks like shit

They're talking about retractable roofs like Arizona and Houston, not domes. The University of Phoenix Stadium and Reliant Stadiums are beautiful buildings BTW.

MasterShake
11-29-2013, 09:43 AM
They're talking about retractable roofs like Arizona and Houston, not domes. The University of Phoenix Stadium and Reliant Stadiums are beautiful buildings BTW.

They are nice, but the new Mile High has really grown on me. I heard some out of state fans talking about how nice it was at the last game while we were waiting in line to get in, and seeing that thing lit up on game night with the roar of the crowd in the open air while taking I-25 past it is always a sure sign of the season to me.

SR
11-29-2013, 12:12 PM
They are nice, but the new Mile High has really grown on me. I heard some out of state fans talking about how nice it was at the last game while we were waiting in line to get in, and seeing that thing lit up on game night with the roar of the crowd in the open air while taking I-25 past it is always a sure sign of the season to me.

I don't disagree at all

Simple Jaded
11-29-2013, 10:25 PM

Saw Arizona vs Denver in '07 or '08, l thought Phoenix Stadium was a regular dome with grass that they rolled outside between games?

SR
11-29-2013, 10:54 PM
Saw Arizona vs Denver in '07 or '08, l thought Phoenix Stadium was a regular dome with grass that they rolled outside between games?

Retractable roof

MOtorboat
11-29-2013, 11:28 PM
Retractable roof

They still roll the grass out into the parking lot.

SR
11-29-2013, 11:32 PM
They still roll the grass out into the parking lot.

I know. I've been to games in that stadium.

701Bronco
11-30-2013, 06:31 AM
If they can host a SuperBowl at MetLife Stadium than why can't they at Mile High? Is there a real difference in temps between the two?

Joel
11-30-2013, 12:02 PM
If they can host a SuperBowl at MetLife Stadium than why can't they at Mile High? Is there a real difference in temps between the two?
"If" is a small word with a big meaning; I personally think that thing'll be a disaster that makes SB XLI look well-played. We've gone from "we need a bye before the SB so championships aren't decided by injuries" to "meh, Snow Bowl; it'll be fine." If the AFC wins, except the loser to raise Hell; pretty much all NFC contenders either play inside, in warm locales, or both.

701Bronco
11-30-2013, 09:22 PM
Talk about bad timing for the NFL to finally cave and say "fine, have a arctic bowl, just stop begging and shut up". Should be interesting! They should use ND's oil money to move a team up here. We could have an actual arctic bowl!

Simple Jaded
11-30-2013, 09:25 PM
It's my understanding that this SB will be the last played in inclement weather, that this SB was some kind of "tip of the cap" to longtime Giants ownership.

SR
11-30-2013, 09:27 PM
Talk about bad timing for the NFL to finally cave and say "fine, have a arctic bowl, just stop begging and shut up". Should be interesting! They should use ND's oil money to move a team up here. We could have an actual arctic bowl!

That whole state couldn't fill a damn stadium! ;)

Y'all supposed to be frigid cold next week? Starting Wednesday we are in the teens during the day and single digits or negatives at night until the following Tuesday. The high here Thursday is 9.

Joel
11-30-2013, 09:58 PM
It's my understanding that this SB will be the last played in inclement weather, that this SB was some kind of "tip of the cap" to longtime Giants ownership.
More like Goodells most recent slurp of the :censored: to owners in general. I used to think Tagliabue was bad with his whole "Sure, ya'll can move any number of teams anywhere just to get new stadiums, and we'll add as many new teams as necessary to make it up—oh, and OF COURSE you can have Pepsi pay Deion so you stay under the cap, Mr. De Bartolo, and of course you CANNOT, Mr. Jones!" Goodell though, he's a whole new level of prostitution.

EVERYTHING is calculated to promote stars, prevent liability, protect image, pump ratings and merchandising; PUSH PROFITS, at the trivial expense of the games integrity. And Goodell, League Office shill that he is, happily takes all the heat for the owners collective decisions: It's all his fault as Commissioner, and they are bound by his will (nevermind that most major NFL decisions require unanimous owner approval, and all require majority consent.)

That's why we'll eventually see European NFL teams once the league can finagle a marketing angle that ensures profits; expect more and more pro recruiting in Europe (and not just because they're just about out of hidden pools in the US.) Long time fans will hate it and raise Hell, just like with the nerf rules, team moves, pink shoes and taunting flags, and it'll do them no more good. New US teams can't draw new fans to buy merchandise and inflate TV contracts, so the owners will do what they must to make more money, and Goodell will do as he's told.

701Bronco
12-01-2013, 06:39 AM
Yes sir. Just started snowing right now actually. Supposed to get more snowfall over the next few days followed by below zero weather. Good times!

SR
12-01-2013, 11:33 AM
Yes sir. Just started snowing right now actually. Supposed to get more snowfall over the next few days followed by below zero weather. Good times!

Blows. I can't wait until I move to somewhere warmer.