PDA

View Full Version : Broncos hoping Moreno can go

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2013, 04:50 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno, who had career highs of 37 carries and 224 yards in an overtime loss to the New England Patriots on Sunday night, was held out of Wednesday's practice.

Moreno left in overtime with a bone bruise to his right ankle but returned a few plays later and finished the game. However, he used crutches to get to and from the trainer's room following the game and wore a walking boot on his injured ankle on the flight to Denver.

Broncos interim coach Jack Del Rio said Wednesday he was hopeful Moreno would return to practice this week and be available for at least some of Sunday's road game against the Kansas City Chiefs. Both teams are 9-2 and tied for first in the AFC West.

rest - other players mentioned in article
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10046604/jack-del-rio-hoping-knowshon-moreno-denver-broncos-play

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 46m

Manning says he's been in constant communication with coach Fox via text and phone.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 50m

Manning not practicing today. Not his choice. Trainers and coaches holding him out on Wednesdays against Manning's wishes.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2013, 04:54 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1h

Very good to hear John Fox is back home in Denver. Pat Bowlen sent his plane to Charlotte to fly Fox back in time for Thanksgiving.

Captain Speardog
11-28-2013, 12:18 AM
I would like to see Moreno held out this week and Ball, Anderson and Hillman pick up the slack and lead Denver to a victory. That is what I would like to see.

Lancane
11-28-2013, 12:59 AM
I would like to see Moreno held out this week and Ball, Anderson and Hillman pick up the slack and lead Denver to a victory. That is what I would like to see.

Makes sense, but in a way if Moreno is ready to go I still think you keep him activated and dressed, give him a few carries throughout the game but rely more on your other two backs, allowing Moreno a small reprieve to heal, but ready in case.

EastCoastBronco
11-28-2013, 07:42 AM
Ball did well against KC a couple of weeks ago.
No reason he can't do the same this week.
Not to take anything away from Moreno but our O-Line is opening holes you could drive a truck through.

Dean
11-28-2013, 08:28 AM
If Moreno can go on Sunday, we need to have him on the field as a pass blocker to protect Manning. Running the ball and receiving out of the backfield would be picked up by the other RBs but they are questionable in pass pro.

Joel
11-29-2013, 03:06 AM
Moreno's earned this week off, and probably needs it; it's time for our other backs to step up and do some earning of their own. If they can't, well, probably best to find out now rather than have another playoff game where we can't finish because we only have one quality RB and he can't play every down of every game for 5 months straight.

It's unfair to say ALL the others have had fumbling issues though: Anderson's dropped ONE all year, and immediately fell on it (I wanna say he lost one in preseason, but that was a while ago.) The other two gave away points; big difference. The point on pass blocking is fair though, especially if KC has all its LBs; not sure that leaves us an option IF Moreno's healthy enough to play.

Dzone
11-29-2013, 03:44 AM
Ball is going to be fine. Let him make up for his screw ups this sunday