PDA

View Full Version : Woodyard Named Broncos’ Walter Payton Man of the Year

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2013, 02:15 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Linebacker Wesley Woodyard can be seen all over the field making plays. He can also be seen all over the city of Denver making a difference in the community.

On Wednesday, the Broncos announced that the club has selected Woodyard as its 2013 Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award recipient.

The prestigious award historically recognizes a player for outstanding leadership both on the field and in the community.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Woodyard-Named-Broncos%E2%80%99-Walter-Payton-Man-of-the-Year/a89c46ab-6765-41ec-826a-9ebd4904adf7

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2013, 02:17 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- On Dec. 16, Sports Illustrated will announce its choice for 2013's Sportsman of the Year. The annual honor has been awarded to the likes of Dean Smith, Muhammad Ali and Michael Jordan.

In an article titled "My Sportsman," Sports Illustrated's Peter King shared his thoughts on the honor.

I love this award. Since I began subscribing (age 12, 1969, "Namath Weeps"), I always looked forward to the annual Sportsman issue, because it advanced the ideals of sport. A great athlete or coach could be a good person too. Some better than others at the athletics, or at the person part, or both. But there had to be something inherently good about the winner, and I liked that. So over the years, if the managing editor at the time asked me for a nomination from pro football, I would give it thought and advance only the causes of those I thought were worthy.

He then announced his nomination for the award -- Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Manning-Nominated-for-Sportsman-of-the-Year/d06457ce-28d6-48a5-9739-1da884a61dc6

Broncolingus
11-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Wha??? Not Von???

He's made news all over the community too...:D

Seriously, congrats to Wesley...dude seems like a great role model and person!

GEM
11-28-2013, 06:27 AM
Love me some Wesley!! Seems like a really good guy. It's been cool to watch him grow as a player and as a leader in the community.

Simple Jaded
11-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Broncos defensive MVP.