PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Vickerson placed on injured reserve by Broncos; Sione Fua signed

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2013, 01:55 PM
The Broncos on Wednesday signed free-agent defensive tackle Sione Fua and placed defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson on injured reserve, the team announced.

Fua (6-foot, 310 pounds) is a third-year player who saw action in 27 games (12 starts) for the Carolina Panthers over the last three seasons after being drafted by the Panthers in the third round (97th overall) of the 2011 NFL draft. His career totals include 32 tackles (19 solo) and one forced fumble.

Fua started 11 games as a rookie in 2011 before being sidelined by a hamstring injury late in the season. He contributed 17 tackles (eight solo) in a career-high 13 games (one start) last season for the Panthers. Fua was waived by Carolina on Nov. 12.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24613151/kevin-vickerson-placed-injured-reserve-by-broncos-sione-fua-signed

Broncolingus
11-27-2013, 01:59 PM
(Unfortunately) not surprising (the IR part)...

...just one of those years with the injury bug.

Dzone
11-27-2013, 02:15 PM
Wow...one of the worst years ever for injuries...or at least it seems that way

Lancane
11-27-2013, 02:38 PM
More surprising is that they went with Fua instead of Cody or Seymour, especially when you know your making a championship run. Fua has been continuously mediocre since his rookie year and even then showed no real flashes of above average talent, so much in fact that Carolina tried switching him to the guard position hoping to get something from nothing. Sort of sad for a mid round draft pick, hopefully he can step it up and help the Broncos in their rotation or turn into another Vickerson type pickup for Denver.

Ziggy
11-27-2013, 03:09 PM
The Broncos seem to have great chemistry in the locker room. They're not going to bring in guys like Seymour and Cody. Elway puts a premium on character and work ethic.

Dapper Dan
11-27-2013, 07:36 PM
Kevin Vickerson goes on the IR. Broncos sign Sione Fua.

I liked Fua at Stanford. I have no clue how he's been this year. I'm sure Elway likes him. I haven't gotten an email from him or anything.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-27-2013, 08:31 PM
That sucks. .I was hoping we would have Big Vic for the playoffs.

Dapper Dan
11-27-2013, 09:14 PM
rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24613151/kevin-vickerson-placed-injured-reserve-by-broncos-sione-fua-signed

Dang. I couldn't find this thread.

Lancane
11-27-2013, 09:18 PM
The Broncos seem to have great chemistry in the locker room. They're not going to bring in guys like Seymour and Cody. Elway puts a premium on character and work ethic.

That is very true, still and all it's surprising they didn't at least go after someone of some note.

Slick
11-27-2013, 09:36 PM
More surprising is that they went with Fua instead of Cody or Seymour, especially when you know your making a championship run. Fua has been continuously mediocre since his rookie year and even then showed no real flashes of above average talent, so much in fact that Carolina tried switching him to the guard position hoping to get something from nothing. Sort of sad for a mid round draft pick, hopefully he can step it up and help the Broncos in their rotation or turn into another Vickerson type pickup for Denver.

Seymour must be a real piece of shit because I thought we would take a look at him in the last offseason. A motivAted to win another championship Seymour might have given the defense a little attitude and nastyness.

But there's a reason why I run a diveshop and Elway is the hmfic of the Broncos.

Bummer that we lost big Vick.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Which Cody are we talking about?

Lancane
11-27-2013, 10:11 PM
Which Cody are we talking about?

Shaun Cody

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Shaun Cody

Did he do something stupid in Houston?

Captain Speardog
11-28-2013, 12:14 AM
Vickerson was having his best year. Time for Sly to put on his big boy pants this week.

Dzone
11-28-2013, 12:17 AM
Fua is from Stanford? well, hell, lets hope he isnt a cry baby ..lol....Ok, sorry, this is a thread about Vickerson...damn, that hurts and he was a leader out there

Lancane
11-28-2013, 12:23 AM
Did he do something stupid in Houston?

He was injured during the Texans - Bills Game in week 9 last season and suffered a punctured lung and broken ribs, he's also undergone spinal surgery and is currently an NFL Free Agent. However, several teams including the Saints have showed interest in him and he's another big body, Knighton and Vickerson type defensive tackle who could have fit perfectly in the Broncos' defensive front.

dogfish
11-28-2013, 02:01 AM
shitty. . .

knighton's solid at the point of attack, but we don't really have another quality space eater, unless sly steps it up. . . guessing we'll see more of malik jackson in the interior rotation. . . i'm a little surprised that we didn't bring back justin bannan-- must not think he has anything left. . .

Timmy!
11-28-2013, 03:52 AM
Its Unriens time to grind. Just need production from him, sly and the new guy. Jackson and Wolfe can line up inside if needed. Really, its gonna be on the D line as a whole, just stop the run and eat blocks to keep the lbs clean and we are fine.

Hawgdriver
11-28-2013, 05:04 AM
Wow...one of the worst years ever for injuries...or at least it seems that way

Yeah and it's all our studs that are getting injured--Clady, DRC, Manning, Champ, Moreno, Duke, Rahim, JT, Big Vick. I feel like I'm leaving out a few. I don't know if the number of injured players is extreme, but the quality/importance of player seems unusually high.

Dapper Dan
11-28-2013, 09:24 AM
Its Unriens time to grind. Just need production from him, sly and the new guy. Jackson and Wolfe can line up inside if needed. Really, its gonna be on the D line as a whole, just stop the run and eat blocks to keep the lbs clean and we are fine.

Unrien is more of a slot receiver.

NightTerror218
11-28-2013, 05:07 PM
Maybe Del Rio can help Fua play better he seems like he gets DL to play closer to potential.

NightTerror218
11-28-2013, 05:19 PM
Trying to be optimistic Williams is getting his shot now. Hope he can make an impact as our top draft pick this year.