PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Mailbag: What's wrong with Peyton Manning and his Broncos?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2013, 01:45 PM
Denver Post sports writer Mike Klis posts his Broncos Mailbag on Wednesdays during the regular season.

first question & Klis' response

What the heck happened Sunday night?

---Barbara, Denver

Best question of the mailbag season, Barbara. There were many reasons why the Broncos blew it, blew it, blew it in New England. But here's the primary reason: The two turnovers committed by the offense that led to 14 points, and the turnover by special teams in overtime that led to a game-winning field goal.

Show me a historic comeback and I'll show you a crucial turnover. It happened last year when the Broncos were down 24-0 at San Diego. Tony Carter and Chris Harris each scored off turnovers.

It happened against the Patriots. The Broncos don't lose if Montee Ball doesn't fumble, if Peyton Manning doesn't throw an interception, if Tony Carter doesn't run into the punt.

Underplayed was Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie's injury on the last play of the first half. The secondary leaked in the second half but think about it. They were playing without Rodgers-Cromartie for the whole second half, Rahim Moore for the first time this season, and Champ Bailey for the ninth time. That's a ton of talent missing.

rest - more questions/answers
http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_24605427/broncos-mailbag-whats-wrong-peyton-manning-denver

Simple Jaded
11-27-2013, 02:13 PM
I have it on definitive authority that Peyton Manning can't throw in the cold and the Broncos are pretenders.

Broncolingus
11-27-2013, 03:25 PM
What's wrong with Peyton Manning and his Broncos?

Well, with Peyton...injuries. Age. (Unfortunately) cold weather - yes, I think that's pretty much a historical fact now.

As far as the team overall, its certainly had its fair share of injuries (although so does NE) and absolutely has NO killer instinct...

...and hasn't for a long time now which I think you need to win in the post season.

JMO...

Northman
11-27-2013, 04:06 PM
But it was the defenses fault!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
11-27-2013, 04:22 PM

Absolutely - and from the posted article, the following backs that up:

Underplayed was Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie's injury on the last play of the first half. The secondary leaked in the second half but think about it. They were playing without Rodgers-Cromartie for the whole second half, Rahim Moore for the first time this season, and Champ Bailey for the ninth time. That's a ton of talent missing.

Dzone
11-27-2013, 04:52 PM
Whatever happened , it will be talked about for the next 50 years. There must be a gazillion things that can be pointed to that caused that damndest of losses.
Manning is going to have to have a great game in the cold in the playoffs to get that monkey off his back. If he can pull it off in New Jersey in Feb then someone should go up and do a Steve Young and yank that monkey off Peytons back. Otherwise, Peyton will always be known as the qb who couldnt play in the cold

Lancane
11-28-2013, 01:02 AM

I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning! :D

Lancane
11-28-2013, 01:10 AM
Whatever happened , it will be talked about for the next 50 years. There must be a gazillion things that can be pointed to that caused that damndest of losses.
Manning is going to have to have a great game in the cold in the playoffs to get that monkey off his back. If he can pull it off in New Jersey in Feb then someone should go up and do a Steve Young and yank that monkey off Peytons back. Otherwise, Peyton will always be known as the qb who couldnt play in the cold

Reminds me a lot of Elway during the early Super Bowl years, he could lead the Broncos everywhere but to that last destination, no matter how good they were. Luckily Elway could sling it in any weather and change any game at about any point other then during a championship. Granted, Manning has won a ring...but since then the playoffs in general, cold weather, Tom Brady and so forth have become somewhat of a Kryptonite to him. He doesn't just have a monkey on his back, that is a 400lbs. pissed-off gorilla. Manning needs to get angry, forget the nice guy act and get down right nasty, sling the damn ball and make it regret being in his hands no matter the conditions and oppositions facing him.

embeeteeay
11-28-2013, 07:31 AM
Absolutely - and from the posted article, the following backs that up:

Thanks for posting this article.

I feel a whole lot better now, knowing that Brady's crappy play through the first 7-8 games of the season was the NE defense's fault.

embeeteeay
11-28-2013, 07:38 AM
I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning! :D

Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore (appropriate name), Apocalypse Now

EastCoastBronco
11-28-2013, 07:39 AM
Nothing is wrong with the Broncos...
We'll beat KC in Arrowhead this weekend and balance will be restored to the force.
The media and all of the nay sayers will be back in Peyton's pants before you know it.

It is written...
If the evil spirit armed the tiger with claws,
Brahman provided wings for the dove.

Thus spake the Super Guru...

MOtorboat
11-28-2013, 09:44 AM
Thanks for posting this article.

I feel a whole lot better now, knowing that Brady's crappy play through the first 7-8 games of the season was the NE defense's fault.

Lieutenant Colonel Bill Kilgore (appropriate name), Apocalypse Now

What does any of this have to do with the Broncos?

Simple Jaded
11-28-2013, 12:47 PM
"There goes the challenger being chased
By the blue blue meanies on wheels
The vicious traffic squad cars are
After our lone driver
The last American hero
The-the electric sintar
The demi-god,
The super driver of the golden west!
Two nasty Nazi cars are close behind
The beautiful lone driver
The police cars are getting closer-closer...
Closer to our soul hero in his soul mobile- Yeah baby!
They about to strike, They gonna get him, SMASH! RAPE!
The last beautiful free soul on this planet

But...it is writen if the Evil Spirit
Arms the Tiger with claws
Brahman provided wings for the Dove
Thus spake the Super Guru" *

Did you hear that?