PDA

View Full Version : If we had a game ball to give...

iLands
11-25-2013, 08:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ZBqO4jx.jpg

topscribe
11-25-2013, 08:49 PM
/thread

MOtorboat
11-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Momma, there goes that man!

spikerman
11-25-2013, 08:58 PM
He, Von Miller, and Jacob Tamme were the only three who showed any consistent interest in playing last night.

Joel
11-25-2013, 08:59 PM
Yeah, that was the worst part, IMHO: Unfortunately we DON'T have a game ball to give him, because he and Tamme were the only ones who showed up for the second half.

nevcraw
11-25-2013, 09:10 PM
He, Von Miller, and Jacob Tamme were the only three who showed any consistent interest in playing last night.

think Terrance Knighton, Vickerson, and especially Duke fall into that category too..

spikerman
11-25-2013, 09:14 PM
think Terrance Knighton, Vickerson, and especially Duke fall into that category too..

They definitely played well in the first half, but I'm having a hard time thinking about any "defensive" player who played well in the 2nd half and, as Joel pointed out to me in a mhs, that probably should include Miller. I wonder if the "defense" joined Welker for a 40 minute shower at halftime.

Ziggy
11-25-2013, 09:15 PM

I love it when a running back gets over 200 yards and people don't even want to recognize the work of the offensive line. Priceless.

spikerman
11-25-2013, 09:21 PM
I love it when a running back gets over 200 yards and people don't even want to recognize the work of the offensive line. Priceless.

Good point. It was my mistake to omit them. They played well, especially Ramirez and Vasquez.

Joel
11-25-2013, 10:58 PM
That IS a good point; Moreno certainly gave them their due in his comments. I don't put a lot of stock in their performance given that NE had rookies and scrubs filling in for starters all along the front four (including BOTH DT spots,) but our line isn't to blame for however good NEs front four is or isn't, and it doesn't change the reality our line utterly dominated them in both run AND pass blocking. Our starting RB took full advantage of that, but NO ONE ELSE DID, so we lost.

His primary backup couldn't hold onto the ball when he was exhausted and hurt.
After he ran to establish our pass until NE sold out on the run, our HoF QB couldn't get the ball on target, even when protection was good.
Although many of those passes were so high (and several just flat overthrown) our receivers had to jump for them, our WRs normally catch those balls, yet even the two Pro Bowlers dropped many.
Our previously excellent pass rush disappeared in the second half, even though we knew they'd be passing since they were behind and their running game was weak all night.
Our normally excellent secondary lost ONE player and suddenly became useless against an offense whose only truly great receiver was playing hurt.

So, yeah, game ball to Moreno and the line, with honorable mention to Tamme for catching the only first half score our offense earned unaided as well as being the only reliable receiver in the second half.