PDA

View Full Version : Injured Reserve, Designated to Return

CrazyHorse
11-25-2013, 08:18 PM
Does anybody know if the 8 weeks includes byes?

Simple Jaded
11-28-2013, 03:12 PM
That's how it worked for McGahee last season, iirc, he was injured in the 10th and was eligible to return in AFCC Game.

AllThings18
12-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Each week of the season/post season counts as a week.

CrazyHorse
12-14-2013, 07:10 AM
So we could get Rahim Moore back in the AFCCG if we make it that far.

Touchdown Denver
03-05-2014, 06:49 PM
Why are teams only allowed to give one player the DTR tag? I hope someday that limit will be dropped.

Ravage!!!
03-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Why are teams only allowed to give one player the DTR tag? I hope someday that limit will be dropped.

So that it's not exploited to increase the roster size. I could put 12 people on that designation and keep 12 extra people on the roster.

Touchdown Denver
03-05-2014, 11:30 PM
So that it's not exploited to increase the roster size. I could put 12 people on that designation and keep 12 extra people on the roster.

Maybe they should do a one-year experiment with a five-player limit to see if general managers are really that stupid.

BroncoJoe
03-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Question, TD:

Do you purposely change your font when you post? It's kind of annoying because it's a bit smaller and more condensed than the standard.

Touchdown Denver
03-06-2014, 01:45 PM
Question, TD:

Do you purposely change your font when you post? It's kind of annoying because it's a bit smaller and more condensed than the standard.

Is this size better?

BroncoJoe
03-06-2014, 02:20 PM
Is this size better?

I hope my post didn't come off as overly critical - I was just curious why you'd change the font on your posts.

Yes - that is much better, or you can simply use the standard font unless you're trying to make a specific point like this.

Touchdown Denver
03-06-2014, 02:34 PM
I hope my post didn't come off as overly critical - I was just curious why you'd change the font on your posts.

Yes - that is much better, or you can simply use the standard font unless you're trying to make a specific point like this.

It's OK. I don't mind using the standard font. Arial 2 is the standard on Jacksonville's message board.

Ravage!!!
03-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Maybe they should do a one-year experiment with a five-player limit to see if general managers are really that stupid.

Stupid? It's not stupid if they are playing within the rules, and THAT is the point. They don't want teams to have the ability to increase their roster size.... period. There is no need for an "experimental" season.

Touchdown Denver
03-06-2014, 08:03 PM
Stupid? It's not stupid if they are playing within the rules, and THAT is the point. They don't want teams to have the ability to increase their roster size.... period. There is no need for an "experimental" season.

OK maybe stupid is the wrong word, but if allowing a team to give more than one player the DTR tag would have that effect, the reason is general managers don't think carefully before using it.

MOtorboat
03-06-2014, 08:08 PM
OK maybe stupid is the wrong word, but if allowing a team to give more than one player the DTR tag would have that effect, the reason is general managers don't think carefully before using it.

Huh?

Increasing the number of players on the list would make it easier who to decide to put on it and they'd automatically use that before using anything else, so of course they'd stockpile players there.

Touchdown Denver
03-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Huh?

Increasing the number of players on the list would make it easier who to decide to put on it and they'd automatically use that before using anything else, so of course they'd stockpile players there.

Former Jaguars GM Gene Smith stockpiled players on injured reserve all four years (2009-2012) he had that job. It would have been nice if there was a limit for players a team can put on IR without the tag.

slim
03-11-2014, 07:25 PM
LOL...no wonder they couldn't win. They had all of their talent on IR!

Touchdown Denver
03-12-2014, 12:19 AM
LOL...no wonder they couldn't win. They had all of their talent on IR!

It wasn't that. Gene Smith also was a horrible drafter and did not understand the concept of one-year prove it contracts, instead signing bad players to big four-year contracts. Coaching also was a problem for the Jaguars. But what really stands out when I think of the DTR tag is he would have used it for Rashad Jennings if it existed before 2012.