PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY someone who deserves the full blame for a loss!

DenBronx
11-25-2013, 06:11 PM
I think we can all agree here. He should have just stayed in the MOTHER$(&$^!(&@$^(!(*27(*&@87 -ING BASEMENT!!!!

FanInAZ
11-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Maybe he thought he could have the best of both worlds by putting a TV in the basement so he wouldn't miss anything.

atwater27
11-25-2013, 07:21 PM
I blame that loss on our coaching staff. They went up against Belichick and got outclassed after halftime. Ball's fumble was most definitely the momentum changer though. He hangs on to that we most likely score and put it out of reasonable reach.

atwater27
11-25-2013, 07:42 PM

MasterShake
11-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Turnovers plain and simple. They don't happen then or in the Colts game we are a perfect team. This just proves that we are not a perfect team, and that no one is. 1st seed is still under our control and the Chiefs are going to get the brunt of our frustrations.

Though I would like to kick that guy back into the basement if he did cost us the game.

DenBronx
11-26-2013, 12:46 AM

Can't argue with this one.

We rolled over.

Playing conservative with the lead sucks. I love that Moreno had a huge game but I think we should have passed alot more last night.

Joel
11-26-2013, 01:43 AM

We rolled over.

Playing conservative with the lead sucks. I love that Moreno had a huge game but I think we should have passed alot more last night.
We tried, occasionally; the guy who's called 90% of our offenses plays the last two years kept throwing over, short of and/or behind our receivers, and, even though they had to jump for a lot of them, everyone but Tamme dropped balls they normally catch. Del Rio didn't call all those runs last year, and McCoy didn't call them from San Diego or Fox from his hospital bed last Sunday. Running to establish the pass is a time honored gameplan for good reason, but it only works if teams can COMPLETE passes once they force opponents to sell out on the run. We couldn't; we lost.

Our turnovers and DRC absence made up for their turnovers, but by the fourth our secondary had compensated for DRCs loss and kept NE from even reaching wind-assisted FG range. Unfortunately, our pass rush was still MIA and our offense still couldn't do anything but run, so NE just sent everyone to stop Moreno and waited for us to screw up, which we eventually did.

MasterShake
11-26-2013, 08:40 AM

We rolled over.

The turnovers and running the ball more than normal really seemed to throw the offense off rhythm. Even in good weather it usually takes a series of short passes to really get the engines going, there was really none of that. I'm really interested to see how this team responds Sunday in another playoff type atmosphere.

WTE
11-26-2013, 08:55 AM
Why can't you Broncos fans just keep your beer in the upstairs fridge like most normal people?

embeeteeay
11-26-2013, 09:10 AM
We tried, occasionally; the guy who's called 90% of our offenses plays the last two years kept throwing over, short of and/or behind our receivers, and, even though they had to jump for a lot of them, everyone but Tamme dropped balls they normally catch. Del Rio didn't call all those runs last year, and McCoy didn't call them from San Diego or Fox from his hospital bed last Sunday. Running to establish the pass is a time honored gameplan for good reason, but it only works if teams can COMPLETE passes once they force opponents to sell out on the run. We couldn't; we lost.

Our turnovers and DRC absence made up for their turnovers, but by the fourth our secondary had compensated for DRCs loss and kept NE from even reaching wind-assisted FG range. Unfortunately, our pass rush was still MIA and our offense still couldn't do anything but run, so NE just sent everyone to stop Moreno and waited for us to screw up, which we eventually did.

I saw things a little differently.

Twice in the late stages of that game, the first on 3rd and 4, McDaniels (I assume) called for a sideline fly, hoping to catch the Broncos napping. But in that wind, a low-percentage shot. They repeated this again in OT. Bad choices, regardless of who was calling the shots. Should have just kept the chains moving and been patient.

Joel
11-26-2013, 11:04 AM
I saw things a little differently.

Twice in the late stages of that game, the first on 3rd and 4, McDaniels (I assume) called for a sideline fly, hoping to catch the Broncos napping. But in that wind, a low-percentage shot. They repeated this again in OT. Bad choices, regardless of who was calling the shots. Should have just kept the chains moving and been patient.

Brady (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/2330/tom-brady)
34/50

I see your point; when even a first ballot HoFer is only hitting 68% of his passes for >300 yds, 3 TDs and 0 Ints it totally makes sense that the other first ballot HoFer could do no better. If he'd done HALF was well we win that game going away. 4.2 yds/attempt? As I said of KC last week, when your RUNNING BACK averages more per attempt than your QUARTERBACK, that's a problem. Especially when ya'lls three best CBs were playing hurt and your pass rush as nonexistent for the whole game as ours was in the second half.

Ya'll are a good team with all starters healthy (the D was much improved this year.) But most of them aren't now, so we should've mopped the floor with New England.

Lancane
11-26-2013, 01:16 PM
I blame that loss on our coaching staff. They went up against Belichick and got outclassed after halftime. Ball's fumble was most definitely the momentum changer though. He hangs on to that we most likely score and put it out of reasonable reach.

Oh, I blame the Coaching staff fully for the loss, after the third score Del Rio switched to a conservative defensive gameplan and then Belichick being the coach that he is along with his little imp McDaniels lulled Del Rio into a classic coaching trap of 'look what you're doing is working' and then snapped it on Del Rio's fingers like a mouse trap. They changed their gameplan and began to reverse the tide, Del Rio stayed conservative until nearly the end and by the time he realized what was happening it was far too little to make much of a difference. There is no excuse to blow a four score lead unless you have several injuries and Denver didn't have enough to be ineffective to the point of complete mediocrity on both sides of the ball.

Lancane
11-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Why can't you Broncos fans just keep your beer in the upstairs fridge like most normal people?

Cause we're not normal...is that not obvious? ;)