PDA

View Full Version : 11-25 - Jack DelRio coming up - will speak shortly

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2013, 03:19 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/BTV-Live-Del-Rio/f64c7051-d47e-4535-a111-38d9fcd59ce7

Interim Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator Jack Del Rio will talk about yesterday's loss to the Patriots and looks ahead toward the Chiefs at approximately 1:15 PM.

Has not started yet

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Update - just starting

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2013, 03:24 PM
He just said that injuries they were worried about are not bad - Knowshon bruised ankle - day to day, DRC - day to day. Vickerson will be evaluated further. Also said that Champ should play Sunday against KC.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1m

Del Rio points to turnovers as the thing that ultimately cost them that game last night.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 2m

No details on the Cromartie injury. He's day-to-day.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 3m

JDR anticipates they'll have J-Thomas and Champ back for the KC game.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 3m

Still awaiting test results on Kevin Vickerson's hip. By the way, Big Vick is our guest on XML tonight.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 4m

JDR on injuries: Moreno ankle not as bad as they thought.

tomjonesrocks
11-25-2013, 03:28 PM
He just said that injuries they were worried about are not bad - Knowshon bruised ankle - day to day, DRC - day to day. Vickerson will be evaluated further. Also said that Champ should play Sunday against KC.

Major relief on Knowshon.

slim
11-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Del Rio points to turnovers as the thing that ultimately cost them that game last night.

Yeah, no shit.

tomjonesrocks
11-25-2013, 03:41 PM
Yeah, no shit.

I thought JDR looked like a deer in headlights last night as the Pats were roaring back. Am looking forward to Fox's return.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 25m

Del Rio praising Von Miller up and down for being impactful.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 26m

Del Rio on DRC: "He just banged his shoulder a little bit. I think he's gonna be fine".

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2013, 04:02 PM
for those who missed it live

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Del-Rio-on-OT-Loss/a68236f6-5919-4b83-8a78-8ed36eb34d79

OOPS - this is last night's press conference

DenBronx
11-25-2013, 05:28 PM

I have never wanted to see a healthy Champ as bad as I do now. Chris Harris has dissapeared, not really giving up huge plays or anything but he isnt ballhawking like he was before. The loss of DRC made an impact, that was costly and clearly Webster isnt ready either.

DRC might miss playing against KC, hope he plays but if not Del Rio says Champ will be back. Worst case scenario is Champ plays and reaggrivates his ankle during this game. If that happens I think he goes on season ending IR. I think Champs injury isnt going to fully heal until the season is over...I really hope I am wrong about that.

Jammer looked old and a liability, so that's not the answer. Carter, I never want to see him on the field again. Duke gets injured alot, maybe from taking bad angles?? I like Duke but we need him ON the field. Moore I think would have helped in this game had been able to play.

Doubt Denver takes a look at Nnamdi, his best days are way behind him and it's too late in the season to gamble on players. But our secondary is really banged up.

My wishes are to see a healthy Champ and DRC. Having both of those guys back will make an impact.

This Denver team has sustained so many key losses this year injury wise.

DenBronx
11-25-2013, 05:32 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 25m

Del Rio praising Von Miller up and down for being impactful.

Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 26m

Del Rio on DRC: "He just banged his shoulder a little bit. I think he's gonna be fine".

Looks like DRC will be a go then for KC, happy about that. He also said Champ will play.

Von Miller was a monster last night. Him and Moreno made me proud. I do wonder why Miller lines up on the right side now this year? He was always on the left with Dume on the right. I thought having Miller on the left would create so many miss matches and that would leave a wide open lane to crack Brady. Maybe because Gronk lined up on that side? Seemed logical for Miller on the left with maybe Phillips on the right. Millers going to beat the guy no matter what side he is on but just thought the mismatches would have been even greater on the left.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2013, 06:07 PM
Here is DelRio's press conference from today:

Focus Already on Kansas City
Jack Del Rio talks to the press Monday at Dove Valley.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Focus-Already-on-Kansas-City/bf716835-29fe-4976-b3e8-816fe24115fa

Ziggy
11-25-2013, 09:26 PM
Von was a beast last night. I look forward to him dominating for the rest of the season.

Joel
11-25-2013, 09:45 PM
Von was a beast last night. I look forward to him dominating for the rest of the season.
He was a beast in the first quarter, but I'm not sure where he went in the second half; maybe the airport.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2013, 10:10 PM
#Broncos are championship-caliber in many facets. Where they're not: NFL-most 13 lost fumbles. Said Jack Del Rio:

"It's been kryptonite. I watched "Man of Steel" last night on the flight home. No, that's an issue. We've got to correct it. Got to be better there. That's the one area where, regardless of how good you are, that's the kind of thing that can really cripple you. We've got to protect the football better. We are preaching it, we are coaching it. I believe in the guys we have, I believe we can be better at it. As we do that better it will look a whole lot better."

http://sulia.com/channel/football/f/162bcdd0-a0a4-4925-a445-6613ebdcd6c1/?source=twitter&repost=300

Joel
11-25-2013, 10:34 PM
http://sulia.com/channel/football/f/162bcdd0-a0a4-4925-a445-6613ebdcd6c1/?source=twitter&repost=300

If they were coaching it, it wouldn't keep happening. It seems like every week a(t least one) commentator reminds us turnover differential corellate to winning more than any other stat, but many people put the cart before the horse: It's not that turnovers cost games (though they frequently do,) but that well coached teams don't commit and do create lots of turnovers. It's a matter of learning and practicing fundamentals, all the little but necessary things great teams do to beat merely talented ones who DON'T do them.

Well coached teams are taught how to create and avoid turnovers, so when we see a team consistently do the opposite, we can draw reliable conclusions about its coaching. It's not a "flluke" play after it happens nearly every week for three months. If we want to talk about flukes, winning 4 OT games to reach the divisional round of the playoffs was a fluke, and doing it TWICE was bizarre, but there's a reason neither season ended with a Lombardi Trophy.

Maybe Ball and Hillman should carry a football every waking hour for a month, learn how to move, bend and rotate without dropping the ball; it worked for Tiki Barber. But ultimately turnovers are just a symptom of doing all the big and little things right, and "helping" opponents do them wrong. Turnovers aren't the reason our #1 offense only scored 14 pts in 5 quarters against half a defense, or why our excellent front seven and secondary allowed a team that couldn't run to put up 21 with scrub WRs and an ailing Gronk. The turnovers were executions byproduct, in BOTH halves: Champions finish games.

When a coach implicitly or otherwise says, "We're championship calibre in many areas, but not turnovers," that's equivalent to saying, "this team has more than enough talent to win a championship, but I'm not coaching them well enough to do it." There's probably a lot of teams in that boat, if the truth were told; I just hope we're not one of them. The evidence is less than encouraging though.... :(

MOtorboat
11-25-2013, 10:36 PM
If they were coaching it, it wouldn't keep happening. It seems like every week a(t least one) commentator reminds us turnover differential corellate to winning more than any other stat, but many people put the cart before the horse: It's not that turnovers cost games (though they frequently do,) but that well coached teams don't commit and do create lots of turnovers. It's a matter of learning and practicing fundamentals, all the little but necessary things great teams do to beat merely talented ones who DON'T do them.

Well coached teams are taught how to create and avoid turnovers, so when we see a team consistently do the opposite, we can draw reliable conclusions about its coaching. It's not a "flluke" play after it happens nearly every week for three months. If we want to talk about flukes, winning 4 OT games to reach the divisional round of the playoffs was a fluke, and doing it TWICE was bizarre, but there's a reason neither season ended with a Lombardi Trophy.

Maybe Ball and Hillman should carry a football every waking hour for a month, learn how to move, bend and rotate without dropping the ball; it worked for Tiki Barber. But ultimately turnovers are just a symptom of doing all the big and little things right, and "helping" opponents do them wrong. Turnovers aren't the reason our #1 offense only scored 14 pts in 5 quarters against half a defense, or why our excellent front seven and secondary allowed a team that couldn't run to put up 21 with scrub WRs and an ailing Gronk. The turnovers were executions byproduct, in BOTH halves: Champions finish games.

When a coach implicitly or otherwise says, "We're championship calibre in many areas, but not turnovers," that's equivalent to saying, "this team has more than enough talent to win a championship, but I'm not coaching them well enough to do it." There's probably a lot of teams in that boat, if the truth were told; I just hope we're not one of them. The evidence is less than encouraging though.... :(

I'm sure the coaches are ignoring it. Good point, Joel.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-25-2013, 10:42 PM
He was a beast in the first quarter, but I'm not sure where he went in the second half; maybe the airport.

from article:

By halftime against New England, Miller had two sacks, another tackle for a loss, a forced fumble and his second career touchdown. He finished with a season-high eight tackles (six solo).

http://www.9news.com/sports/article/366122/345/Broncos-Miller-finally-makes-an-impact

Joel
11-26-2013, 12:40 AM
from article:

http://www.9news.com/sports/article/366122/345/Broncos-Miller-finally-makes-an-impact
So a half dozen tackles, including a few solos. A few were on short runs, and the others after ~10 yd receptions. Most of the second half Brady had time to do his taxes before throwing a pass.

I'm sure the coaches are ignoring it. Good point, Joel.
Del Rio said they're not ignoring it; they just don't seem to be CHANGING it. But good effort out there, coach; way to hustle.