PDA

View Full Version : While the Sky is Falling, Keep This in Mind

Ziggy
11-25-2013, 02:27 AM
The Broncos are 9-2.
They are still on a record scoring pace.
They control their own destiny with only 6 games left in the season.
They have outscored their opponents by 140 points- best in the NFL.
The running game is getting better by the week, and was absolutely dominant tonight.
In the only 2 games they lost they were on the road in both and turned the ball over 7 times, which is correctable.
As of right now the road to the Super Bowl still goes through Denver in the AFC.
Chicken Little has a ton of relatives, and most of them post here.

Simple Jaded
11-25-2013, 02:30 AM
I know the Broncos lost but I honestly can't believe we were all watching the same game.

Northman
11-25-2013, 05:04 AM
The Broncos are 9-2.
The running game is getting better by the week, and was absolutely dominant tonight.
In the only 2 games they lost they were on the road in both and turned the ball over 7 times, which is correctable.
As of right now the road to the Super Bowl still goes through Denver in the AFC.

All of which means nothing unless they win the title this year. Blowing a 24-0 lead is beyond an epic fail. This team has more problems than people want to admit too.

DenBronx
11-25-2013, 05:11 AM
All of which means nothing unless they win the title this year. Blowing a 24-0 lead is beyond an epic fail. This team has more problems than people want to admit too.

Same.

Huge dissapointment. Now all the Pat fans won't shut up. I had this game, the Ravens game and the Colts game as THREE games I wanted us to win. This one was the game I wanted most though and what makes it worse is this is a game we should have won. In both our losses they were close games.

I will never forgive Carter for this one.

Also Moreno was seen on crutches with a boot. Not good considering the RBs we have waiting behind him. This was just a tough all around loss.....my only hope is we get the last say in the playoffs. Without that I can not put this loss behind me, even if we win out.

Joel
11-25-2013, 05:29 AM
Same.

Huge dissapointment. Now all the Pat fans won't shut up. I had this game, the Ravens game and the Colts game as THREE games I wanted us to win. This one was the game I wanted most though and what makes it worse is this is a game we should have won. In both our losses they were close games.

Also Moreno was seen on crutches with a boot. Not good considering the RBs we have waiting behind him. This was just a tough all around loss.....my only hope is we get the last say in the playoffs. Without that I can not put this loss behind me, even if we win out.
Holy :censored:, DRC AND Moreno?! By the way, offense, way to reward Moreno for breaking himself trying to singlehandedly win that game; send the guy you wanted to cut (twice) back out to play hurt because you're HoF QB and two Pro Bowl WRs can't do jack. So we're going into KC (where temps for todays noon kickoff were about the same as the night kickoff in NE, if with less wind) starting a QB who can't play in the cold and RBs who can't hold onto the ball against a team that got to 9-0 primarily by forcing turnovers. Yes, we control our own destiny; that's kind of the problem.

Oh, well, at least we pounded the crap out of some 4-7 teams and another team that barely beat all but one of them. Yea. If we were Nebraska I'd be thrilled at our upcoming bowl game, but....

Northman
11-25-2013, 05:47 AM
Same.

I didnt even know Moreno got hurt, thats like an extra kick to the nuts. While this loss wont haunt me it just further's my concern about this time of the year. Manning has a lot of work to do to prove to me he can be a consistent winner in colder weather and make plays when he needs too. Having KnowMo put up 224 yds rushing means he did his part. There was no reason for this team to blow a 24 pt lead, none. The funny thing is i thought even if we lost tonight that it would give us more motivation to go into KC and beat them but im not so sure now. Oh well, time to go to work and listen to Ravens fans talk smack.

Traveler
11-25-2013, 08:43 AM
Give Brady & company their props. Denver blew a great opportunity last night. No blame should be directed at Carter. That was totally on Welker!

My biggest gripe were all the no calls by the officials. If he had a free release off the line of scrimmage and it wasn't a running play, someone please explain how Gronk could continually initiate contact- read offensive pass interference- and there's no flag.

I fully expected Denver to lose this game, but not after being up by 24 points.

I'm hoping injuries to our players aren't too extensive.

Traveler
11-25-2013, 08:44 AM
The Broncos are 9-2.

Well said!

MasterShake
11-25-2013, 09:02 AM
I've said it elsewhere and am not trying to take away anything from New England, but while their comeback was impressive their win was not. These teams went toe to toe and scored on each other in similar fashion in the first and second halves by being opportunistic. I will give the edge to Brady's effort though, it was really clutch how well he played throwing into the wind. It shows that Manning's arm strength is nowhere near where it needs to be still. This game was not decided by a heroic final drive in overtime, but on a lousy mis-communication and sloppy special teams effort. BOTH "elite" QB's looked pedestrian in the overtime of the game.

As much as Denver fans enjoyed the first half and Pats fans enjoyed the second half, this game just showed us that even good teams have to rely on luck to win games sometimes. That would have been true for Denver had they held on to win, and it was true for New England in the end. There will be a rematch, and all but the most homerific fans of each team should be nervous for that one because it is probably going to be a slugfest in the AFC Championship game. I still think these two teams are the class of the AFC and I firmly believe we will meet again.

Ziggy
11-25-2013, 02:57 PM
My guess is that anyone blaming Carter for the last turnover never played special teams at any level. His job was to block the man in front of him until the returner was by him. He cannot do that and watch the ball. It's the returners job to either field the punt or call away his blockers much earlier than he did. That one was all on Welker. Denver got a 24 point lead through turnovers. They lost the lead through turnovers. Great game, wrong outcome. I'm still going to enjoy this championship season while its happening.

powderaddict
11-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Yes this team has problems, but so does every other team in the NFL.

There are no guarantees, but this team has as much of a chance to win the Superbowl as any. But there are other very good teams as well.

Get to the playoffs, hope you stay healthy, and get a few bounces along the way. It's the best you can do.

Timmy!
11-25-2013, 03:57 PM
After over reaction Monday is over and the dust settles, nothing has changed. The injuries apparently are not major, and the Broncos still have the inside track to the #1. Time to get amnesia and forget about last night and focus on crushing the chiefs.

Buff
11-25-2013, 04:06 PM
Your relentless optimism is no match for my overwhelming pessimism.

Seriously though - we blew a 24 point ******* lead. That's Phillip Rivers stuff.

Buff
11-25-2013, 04:07 PM
After over reaction Monday is over and the dust settles, nothing has changed. The injuries apparently are not major, and the Broncos still have the inside track to the #1. Time to get amnesia and forget about last night and focus on crushing the chiefs.

Nothing changes, except for that unshakable memory of blowing a 24 point lead to the insufferable Bellichick-led Patriots. Ugh. I need to take a shower.

BroncoWave
11-25-2013, 04:17 PM
I was over the loss this morning, but the TV where I work is on ESPN, so I had to listen to it AAALLLL day. Wanted to fuggin kill myself.

Overall though, we are still in good shape. The game last night sucked, but if we get past KC next week we have 4 easy games to close out the season. No reason this team should not go 14-2 and lock up the 1 seed. The injuries to DRC and Moreno do scare me though. This team is freaking snakebitten this year.

Timmy!
11-25-2013, 04:17 PM
Nothing changes, except for that unshakable memory of blowing a 24 point lead to the insufferable Bellichick-led Patriots. Ugh. I need to take a shower.

It sucks, but big picture its a 3 point loss in overtime on the road in a crazy game in crazy weather to a good team. Its a massive gut check. The road to the superbowl will go through Denver if they handle their business. Likely we see the pats in january, and when the Broncos beat the pats then, feel free to bump this post.

Lancane
11-25-2013, 04:46 PM
It sucks, but big picture its a 3 point loss in overtime on the road in a crazy game in crazy weather to a good team. Its a massive gut check. The road to the superbowl will go through Denver if they handle their business. Likely we see the pats in january, and when the Broncos beat the pats then, feel free to bump this post.

There is no excuse to completely blow a 24 point lead, and Del Rio should shoulder a majority of the blame as the interim and as the DC. Fact is that the minute the team had a three score lead he switched from aggressive to conservative - playing not to lose rather then to win and it carried over and it took nearly a quarter and half for him to refocus to a more aggressive gameplan once more, which by that time was a little too late for the party. I don't believe the 'Sky if Falling' but I am concerned with a number of issues that are plaguing the Broncos and they could end up being more costly then maybe even they realize. Denver will still make the playoffs, whether as the number one or two seed or even lower is yet to be determined. It only takes one more loss for the Broncos to lose that first place seed, if that loss comes at the hands of Kansas City (which the weather will be less then desirable for Manning) and we lose to another AFCW team whether San Diego or Oakland then KC can win the AFCW and Denver will be looking at a Wild Card spot. There is a 40% chance that the road to the Super Bowl will have a game against New England once more in some capacity. I am not disgruntled, maybe a little let down but the Broncos still control their destiny and there is no arguing that a tie would have at least given the Broncos a game and a half leeway as the first seed.

Northman
11-25-2013, 04:49 PM
I was over the loss this morning, but the TV where I work is on ESPN, so I had to listen to it AAALLLL day. Wanted to fuggin kill myself.

Overall though, we are still in good shape. The game last night sucked, but if we get past KC next week we have 4 easy games to close out the season. No reason this team should not go 14-2 and lock up the 1 seed. The injuries to DRC and Moreno do scare me though. This team is freaking snakebitten this year.

No offense, we had the #1 seed last year.

BroncoWave
11-25-2013, 04:53 PM

I don't really know what your point is. Yes, we got the 1 seed and lost in the playoffs, but it's still the best you can ask for in the regular season. Shit happens in the playoffs. One off day and the best team can lose. I'm not saying the 1 seed guarantees us anything, but we are still in good position for it, and we are the only team in the AFC who controls our destiny for it if we beat KC. It's a good position to be in.

Northman
11-25-2013, 04:56 PM
I don't really know what your point is. Yes, we got the 1 seed and lost in the playoffs, but it's still the best you can ask for in the regular season. Shit happens in the playoffs. One off day and the best team can lose. I'm not saying the 1 seed guarantees us anything, but we are still in good position for it, and we are the only team in the AFC who controls our destiny for it if we beat KC. It's a good position to be in.

All true but my point was it really means nothing because of the fact that anything can happen. The way i look at it, i dont care if we have the 1 seed or not, just git r done.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
11-25-2013, 04:57 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure how much the 1 seed matters as much as winning playoff games. We were one and done last year at home with the 1 seed. Do we want to see that again or do we want to see us win in the playoffs to get to the Super Bowl?

Northman
11-25-2013, 04:59 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure how much the 1 seed matters as much as winning playoff games. We were one and done last year at home with the 1 seed. Do we want to see that again or do we want to see us win in the playoffs to get to the Super Bowl?

Ill take either but im not that hung up on the #1 seed for that very reason last year. I have some major concerns with the hunger of this team right now so maybe it would be better for them to do it on the road.

BroncoWave
11-25-2013, 04:59 PM
All true but my point was it really means nothing because of the fact that anything can happen. The way i look at it, i dont care if we have the 1 seed or not, just git r done.

Well I would rather have the 1 seed than a lower one. Especially since the most likely alternative is the 5 seed. I would like out chanced from the 1 seed, and we are still in the driver's seat to get it.

BroncoWave
11-25-2013, 05:01 PM

You know these things aren't mutually exclusive right? The 1 seed gives us better odds of winning the title than the 5 seed. That is just a fact. That doesn't mean that we can't win it from the 5 seed, or that a 1 seed would guarantee it, but there is no rational person who can say we would be better off as the 5 than the 1.

What happened last season is completely irrelevant. That was a different team and we would be playing a different team in the first playoff game. You can't really compare the two situations at all.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
11-25-2013, 05:20 PM
You know these things aren't mutually exclusive right? The 1 seed gives us better odds of winning the title than the 5 seed. That is just a fact. That doesn't mean that we can't win it from the 5 seed, or that a 1 seed would guarantee it, but there is no rational person who can say we would be better off as the 5 than the 1.

What happened last season is completely irrelevant. That was a different team and we would be playing a different team in the first playoff game. You can't really compare the two situations at all.

I posed that question because last night's blunder in OT against a playoff-caliber team was a reminder of last year's playoff game. Teams were different, but results were the same. Winning in the playoffs matters more than what seed you have while you're winning.

I'll agree that getting the 1 seed gives us the best chance to win in the playoffs, but a 1 seed won't matter if we play like we did last night.

nevcraw
11-25-2013, 08:30 PM
Wished for a win but not the super bowl yet…
can't fall asleep against a good team like that --- played awesome save for a total of a quarter, not enough.. and our WR's are good but soft as baby rookie. Our TE's and RB's are not..

Let's get healthy take it to the Chiefs and play our best in December - Jan.

Joel
11-26-2013, 12:52 AM
I posed that question because last night's blunder in OT against a playoff-caliber team was a reminder of last year's playoff game. Teams were different, but results were the same. Winning in the playoffs matters more than what seed you have while you're winning.

I'll agree that getting the 1 seed gives us the best chance to win in the playoffs, but a 1 seed won't matter if we play like we did last night.
That's the problem, and saying, "it doesn't matter if we're the #1 seed because we were the #1 seed when we lost last year," badly misses the point. It was bitterly cold for last years home playoff loss, much like it was Sunday (but with less wind.) What reason is there to believe it'll be well above freezing for all our playoff games at Mile High (if any) this year?

On the subject of getting the #1 seed, or even a bye, I must respectfully disagree with Lancane: If KC beats us next week they'll be a game up, and there's no guarantee Indy beats them at Arrowhead the way the Colts have been playing lately: They're just not the same without Reggie Wayne and KC won't gift them 4 turnovers; I know everyone thinks KC's a paper tiger, but they're at least as good as the Rams who beat Indy 38-8. Even if they do, we still have to play better than Sunday to win our other games; Tennessee would be the #6 seed now, and 4 of their losses are to guaranteed playoff teams.

The bottom line is that if we're a legit contender we'll win the rest of our games so Sunday doesn't matter, but legit contenders don't blow 24-0 halftime leads against decimated Pats teams.

MOtorboat
11-26-2013, 07:58 AM
That's the problem, and saying, "it doesn't matter if we're the #1 seed because we were the #1 seed when we lost last year," badly misses the point. It was bitterly cold for last years home playoff loss, much like it was Sunday (but with less wind.) What reason is there to believe it'll be well above freezing for all our playoff games at Mile High (if any) this year?

Why even attempt playing in a playoff game at this point? Right, Joel?

Good grief. Spam much?

claymore
11-26-2013, 09:25 AM

The only thing that makes me feel better is that (I hope) we went in with a half ass game plan because we could afford to lose the game. If that was seriously our best shot, we are not a SB team. I am ok with that too. Id rather have a fun season and lose in the playoffs than have a bad season, and no playoffs.

claymore
11-26-2013, 09:27 AM
Wished for a win but not the super bowl yet…
can't fall asleep against a good team like that --- played awesome save for a total of a quarter, not enough.. and our WR's are good but soft as baby rookie. Our TE's and RB's are not..

Let's get healthy take it to the Chiefs and play our best in December - Jan.

Deckers new endzone dance needs to be " Where's the flag?" dance.

MOtorboat
11-26-2013, 09:38 AM
I wonder if the Ravens fanbase was this distraught after Denver housed them at home last year?

BroncoJoe
11-26-2013, 09:42 AM
You all realize that only two #1 seeds have won the superbowl since 2000, right?

claymore
11-26-2013, 09:43 AM
I wonder if the Ravens fanbase was this distraught after Denver housed them at home last year?

Im willing to bet that the true fans were pretty pissed.

claymore
11-26-2013, 09:44 AM
You all realize that only two #1 seeds have won the superbowl since 2000, right?

To be honest Id rather have the 5th seed than the first.

MOtorboat
11-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Im willing to bet that the true fans were pretty pissed.

I guess you can take my fan card away from me, then.

claymore
11-26-2013, 09:49 AM
I guess you can take my fan card away from me, then.

Why would I do that? If you arent upset, Im happy for you.

Northman
11-26-2013, 11:06 AM

They were none to pleased. I would know, i was in the stadium as they were all piling out in the 4th quarter. :lol:

Joel
11-26-2013, 11:08 AM
Only for about a month; they got over it really fast after that. The SB likely helped, too. Should Manning announce retirement after Christmas so the League Office gives him a second Ring as a gold watch?

Northman
11-26-2013, 11:09 AM
Only for about a month; they got over it really fast after that. The Super Bowl probably helped, too.

Yea, nothing like going back to a place/team that owned you and stealing one from their house on your way to a championship title. Cant wait until the day we can do that again. I got more enjoyment beating the Qweefs in KC on our way to a title than any other game that year. ******* hate the Chiefs....

claymore
11-26-2013, 11:32 AM
Yea, nothing like going back to a place/team that owned you and stealing one from their house on your way to a championship title. Cant wait until the day we can do that again. I got more enjoyment beating the Qweefs in KC on our way to a title than any other game that year. ******* hate the Chiefs....

Neil Smith approves this message!!!

turftoad
11-26-2013, 11:36 AM

I'll take the chance with the 1st seed. That is, if we get it.

I'd take the first round bye to get some rest and then home field all the way.

Lancane
11-26-2013, 12:01 PM

That's an excellent point Joe, it really is. I don't really care about seeding as much as some - give that not being the first seed allows a dictation in where the Broncos will play. If Denver becomes the fifth or sixth seed then Denver will likely be headed to either Indianapolis, New England or Kansas City at the peak of winter in what has already been a pretty cold season and winter hasn't even begun yet, so we can imagine that it will be downright frigid if this trend continues. Of those three, Indianapolis is the safest bet for Manning to be truly effective or all will ride on the run game and the defense for a good portion of the playoffs. At least being the first seed there is home field advantage whereas elsewhere we look to have no advantages whatsoever. I'd be less concerned if the other playoff teams were San Diego, Houston and so forth, but we just saw the handicap of having Manning at the helm in less then desirable weather conditions and while some will say it effected both quarterbacks, Brady threw for well over 300 yards in the same weather.

Joel
11-26-2013, 12:14 PM
That WAS pretty sweet; I consoled myself with it each week the Chiefs added another win. We can't count on history repeating itself though, or our record-shattering pace (which isn't on pace to even barely ANY records anymore) awing opponents into submission. It's past time we learned how to 1) Show up every week and 2) finish the job. This isn't Pop Warner; it just too often resembles that.

Ravage!!!
11-26-2013, 12:24 PM
That WAS pretty sweet; I consoled myself with it each week the Chiefs added another win. We can't count on history repeating itself though, or our record-shattering pace (which isn't on pace to even barely ANY records anymore) awing opponents into submission. It's past time we learned how to 1) Show up every week and 2) finish the job. This isn't Pop Warner; it just too often resembles that.

Yeah.. it resembles pop warner. I will be sure to send an email to the Broncos if they need help from your paperbook knowledge in setting up a game-plan and coaching techniques. I'm sure they would be appreciative for your knowledgeable help.

claymore
11-26-2013, 12:31 PM
I'll take the chance with the 1st seed. That is, if we get it.

I'd take the first round bye to get some rest and then home field all the way.
I know thats the goal, but I just dont like taking the week off. This team isnt strong enough mentally to handle a week off imo.

MasterShake
11-26-2013, 12:41 PM
I know thats the goal, but I just dont like taking the week off. This team isnt strong enough mentally to handle a week off imo.

As long as the team spent the week off watching last years Divisional Playoff game like this, I don't mind at all:

BroncoWave
11-26-2013, 04:20 PM

I'm sorry but that's insane. The odds of winning 3 road games are lower than those of winning 2 home games. They just are.

claymore
11-26-2013, 05:01 PM
I'm sorry but that's insane. The odds of winning 3 road games are lower than those of winning 2 home games. They just are.

There was no logic behind my statement. Just how I felt/feel.

Joel
11-26-2013, 05:57 PM
Yeah.. it resembles pop warner. I will be sure to send an email to the Broncos if they need help from your paperbook knowledge in setting up a game-plan and coaching techniques. I'm sure they would be appreciative for your knowledgeable help.
You're right, I know nothing but theory; that totally looked like a group of champion professionals Sunday night. Champions blow 24 pt second half leads all the time. Then call it luck. I bet every time you excused a fumble or Int as bad luck your coach was all, "Good point, son; you don't have to take those laps after all, and I certainly won't bench or cut you for that attitude. :) "

capt. Jack
11-27-2013, 06:29 AM
We still have a good shot of going far, on any givin sunday we could have a good game and blow pretty much anybody out! We just have to all stick together and get it done. This still is our best shot in years.

MasterShake
11-27-2013, 08:51 AM
You're right, I know nothing but theory; that totally looked like a group of champion professionals Sunday night. Champions blow 24 pt second half leads all the time. Then call it luck. I bet every time you excused a fumble or Int as bad luck your coach was all, "Good point, son; you don't have to take those laps after all, and I certainly won't bench or cut you for that attitude. :) "

The good news is in our 11 games so far, losses like that are the exception and not the rule. While there are commonalities in our 2 losses (turnovers, sloppy play, etc.) our consistencies in our wins are still there. Like capt. Jack said we are still a great team with a good shot. I highly doubt anyone wants to face the Broncos in a playoff game, especially since we are most likely playing at home.

When expectations change it is easy to be critical in losses, and rightfully so, but it's also important not to lose sight of the big picture. With a win Sunday the Broncos are 2-1 on a critical stretch and a botched play from being 3-0. That WILL NOT cut it in the playoffs, but I am sure they know it and the lessons learned Sunday night are just as important as those learned in January last season. I still think the Broncos are going to buzzsaw the crap out of people, but as you said they do have some issues they need to address. I just am thankful that are issues are coming with a 9-2 record instead of a 2-9 one. :lol:

Northman
11-27-2013, 09:52 AM
I dont know, i could of handled losing this game a lot better had we not simply gave up a 24-0 advantage. We might have a good shot at going the distance but right now my faith in the team is very shaken.

MasterShake
11-27-2013, 09:56 AM
I dont know, i could of handled losing this game a lot better had we not simply gave up a 24-0 advantage. We might have a good shot at going the distance but right now my faith in the team is very shaken.

I take "some" comfort in the fact that they way we got that lead was just as crazy if not more in how we lost it. It was literally a bizzarro version of the first half for the Broncos in the second half. The only way New England could have came back was through back to back turnovers and their receivers suddenly making catches they were dropping earlier. For me it was one of those games where you just have to throw your hands in the air and be thankful it wasn't a playoff game.

MOtorboat
11-27-2013, 10:26 AM
The lede I'd write for the Onion this week:

Denver's overtime, road loss dropped them all the way back to the No. 1 seed in the conference Sunday.

Lancane
11-27-2013, 01:02 PM

That is where I stand North... How in the hell do you drop the ball when you are up by four scores and allow a far more roster depleted football team get the better of you? There is no excuse for it, the team should be ashamed from the front office on down for such a farce. Worse then that it showed the team's greatest weaknesses on national television, from Manning's apparent struggles in cold and windy weather to our coaches' love of conservative transitioning gameplanning and even a little bit of the inexperience of our some of our coaches and of some of the players.

I don't believe the 'Sky is Falling' which I've stated before, but I do believe that right now the Broncos need to take this gut check and toughen up both mentally and physically or the chances of failing in the post-season is more then likely to happen then not. This unit has continually allowed teams despite the record setting pace to hang in there with them, hell they struggled to put away the Jaguars till the second half of play, the Cowboys nearly beat them and of their close call games, they are 2-2 which is not exactly promising in itself, especially entering the December run where teams will be upping the stakes for various purposes from vindictiveness against a top seed to vying for a playoff berth. And it's as though the Broncos have resigned themselves to a level complacency once they have the lead in almost everyone of their games.

slim
11-27-2013, 01:45 PM
If they don't turn the ball over I don't think any team in the league can beat them.

Problem is the turn the ball over all the freaking time. It was a problem last year too, so I don't think that is magically gonna change between now and the playoffs.

Joel
11-27-2013, 02:11 PM
If they don't turn the ball over I don't think any team in the league can beat them.

Problem is the turn the ball over all the freaking time. It was a problem last year too, so I don't think that is magically gonna change between now and the playoffs.
^THAT^

What were "the lessons learned" in last years playoff? Plenty were TAUGHT, but it's unclear any were LEARNED. Turnovers, sloppy play, losing (or never gaining) focus and intensity; those aren't exceptions our wins lacked: They're the rule. We beat Washington because they suck, but except for our first drive we looked liked crap till halfway through the third, and had to dig out of the 21-7 hole we gifted them. Playoff teams won't let us dig out of holes of our own making like that: They'll bury us in them.

Yes, we're talented enough we can beat anyone, but that's not the question: WILL we do what we so easily CAN? Even most of this Septembers blowouts were close till halftime and left fans saying, "if this team ever shows up in the first quarter they'll be unstoppable." Sure, if they show up AFTER the first quarter, too. IF....

The obstacles of our own making between us and a Super Bowl win are easily correctable: That's why their persistence is so frustrating.

Broncolingus
11-27-2013, 02:22 PM
:tsk:

...or Donksters...:tsk:

The other night was a perfect example of why teams like the Patriots win in the postseason and Denver is watching from their living rooms...

Until Denver figures out how to break the neck of an opponent when they're on the mat, this will simply continue...

...and that's unfortunate, because I really like Denver AND I'm sick of the Patriots, and Ravens, etc. every year.

Lancane
11-27-2013, 02:28 PM
:tsk:

...or Donksters...:tsk:

The other night was a perfect example of why teams like the Patriots win in the postseason and Denver is watching from their living rooms...

Until Denver figures out how to break the neck of an opponent when they're on the mat, this will simply continue...

...and that's unfortunate, because I really like Denver AND I'm sick of the Patriots, and Ravens, etc. every year.

Nice wrestling analogy there BL! :beer:

ShaneFalco
11-28-2013, 01:10 PM
even the 99 rams lost a cpl games.

Northman
11-28-2013, 01:20 PM

Yep.

While i think the Pats would of made the game interesting if we didnt turn it back over 3 times i still think we walk away with a win. At the very least you can eat more clock but when you turn it over like that it will let any team back in the game. Denver has been plagued with turnovers and it just sucks.

Northman
11-28-2013, 01:22 PM
even the 99 rams lost a cpl games.

Indeed. But, they were a Dome team too.

Lancane
11-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Yep.

While i think the Pats would of made the game interesting if we didnt turn it back over 3 times i still think we walk away with a win. At the very least you can eat more clock but when you turn it over like that it will let any team back in the game. Denver has been plagued with turnovers and it just sucks.

It would have also helped had Del Rio went with a more aggressive defensive gameplan at the start of the third quarter and Denver would have probably negated a turnover or two with turnovers of their own. I agree that turnovers can always lead to a comeback or a surge for another squad, but to allow them to literally come from a twenty-four point deficit? That rests on the person who instilled the defensive scheme and gameplan, the person calling the defensive plays.

Simple Jaded
11-28-2013, 01:35 PM
It would have also helped had Del Rio went with a more aggressive defensive gameplan at the start of the third quarter and Denver would have probably negated a turnover or two with turnovers of their own. I agree that turnovers can always lead to a comeback or a surge for another squad, but to allow them to literally come from a twenty-four point deficit? That rests on the person who instilled the defensive scheme and gameplan, the person calling the defensive plays.

Agreed, glad I'm not the only one wondering why Von Miller was in coverage while Brady just picked the D apart.

Northman
11-28-2013, 01:38 PM

Del Rio is Del Rio. He's an average HC, always has been. But even if he went conservatively defensively if Manning and the Broncos simply trade score for score the game is never close. Also keep in mind that with the offense turning it over and going 3 and out that the defense gets tired. It wouldnt of mattered if he got more aggressive as fatigue would set in and then they would be making mistakes anyway. You just cant put your defense in that situation when they were the ones that allowed you to get that 24-0 lead to begin with. As i said in the other thread if Manning and company had scored a couple of TD's in the 3rd (on top of the one in the 4th) the Pats dont win that game. The offense failed them in the second half.

Lancane
11-28-2013, 09:55 PM
Del Rio is Del Rio. He's an average HC, always has been. But even if he went conservatively defensively if Manning and the Broncos simply trade score for score the game is never close. Also keep in mind that with the offense turning it over and going 3 and out that the defense gets tired. It wouldnt of mattered if he got more aggressive as fatigue would set in and then they would be making mistakes anyway. You just cant put your defense in that situation when they were the ones that allowed you to get that 24-0 lead to begin with. As i said in the other thread if Manning and company had scored a couple of TD's in the 3rd (on top of the one in the 4th) the Pats dont win that game. The offense failed them in the second half.

How are they going to be fatigued at the start of the third quarter? Usually Defensive Coordinators try to be more aggressive during the 1st and 4th quarters, but sometimes you have to change to be more aggressive after the break to crush your opponent's will - especially in case of facing off against a good team. After Denver started to lose the momentum, it would have been a good idea to change it up to address that fact. I'm not saying that the offense holds none of the blame, but in comparison it is miniscule to Del Rio who should have known that Belichick and the Patriots would be raring to go after the half, and then reversed everything on the Broncos without much resistance whatsoever.

Elevation inc
11-30-2013, 10:39 PM
The Broncos are 9-2.

Go Ziggy! its your birthday!

Get Em!!!

Captain Speardog
12-02-2013, 12:55 AM
http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=vAgzzcDx3ZmTrM&tbnid=z3LViPofk-tyDM:&ved=0CAUQjBwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fkinslerpress.com%2Fblog%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2009%2F10%2Fpanic.gif&ei=oyCcUvf_GcbgoATBp4H4Cw&psig=AFQjCNEzNz_Jj3ghWymKVVEuyWtcKGOftA&ust=1386050083468918

Ziggy
12-02-2013, 05:57 PM
The Broncos now have 4 very winnable games left. If they don't let their guard down, the road to the super bowl goes through Denver. Let's get the Colts in the first game, and the Pats in the 2nd, and then off to the super bowl to destroy whatever team is representing the NFC.

Northman
12-02-2013, 06:19 PM
One game at time. Nothing is guaranteed.

Broncolingus
12-02-2013, 06:26 PM

You should coin that phrase in sports...

...it sounds really smart and like a good strategy :D

Ziggy
12-02-2013, 06:28 PM

No, but I choose the route of optimism. It makes the season much more enjoyable, as well as life in general.

Northman
12-02-2013, 06:38 PM
No, but I choose the route of optimism. It makes the season much more enjoyable, as well as life in general.

Not me.

I figure whatever happens is beyond my control. I learned a very very long time ago that having too much optimism leads to very bad disappointment. So, what i do is hope for the best but i dont allow my expectations of what i think the team should do outweigh the reality of the game or what i observe year in and year out. For me, even though a 13-3 season is great its really no better than a 6-10 in terms of getting a championship. I can enjoy games for what they are but the bigger picture will always be the most important so i dont think i will truly be satisfied again until we win another title. If it doesnt happen again in my lifetime oh well but i dont get overly excited about regular season wins anymore. Maybe im just tired of the letdowns and disappointments i guess who knows.

Lancane
12-03-2013, 11:44 PM
Not me.

I figure whatever happens is beyond my control. I learned a very very long time ago that having too much optimism leads to very bad disappointment. So, what i do is hope for the best but i dont allow my expectations of what i think the team should do outweigh the reality of the game or what i observe year in and year out. For me, even though a 13-3 season is great its really no better than a 6-10 in terms of getting a championship. I can enjoy games for what they are but the bigger picture will always be the most important so i dont think i will truly be satisfied again until we win another title. If it doesnt happen again in my lifetime oh well but i dont get overly excited about regular season wins anymore. Maybe im just tired of the letdowns and disappointments i guess who knows.

Anyone who was a fan during the Dan Reeves era pretty much follows this road of thought!

Joel
12-04-2013, 01:19 AM
Anyone who was a fan during the Dan Reeves era pretty much follows this road of thought!
Being satisfied with just REACHING the postseason is for teams that seldom do, and being satisfied with anything less than a SB win is for teams that have never had one. At least make the Conference Championship; until/unless we do that we're just a good looking trophy buck for a REAL contenders wall.

Captain Speardog
12-04-2013, 02:39 AM

I loved the Dan Reeves era.

Captain Speardog
12-04-2013, 02:45 AM
Not me.

I don't understand fans like you. Grow some balls and live in the moment. I enjoy every ******* win. I anticipate a SB, win and I anticipate a win every week. I love talking trash to friends. I am really enjoying this season just like I did last season. While you are all hesitant and *****-like I am enjoying this team and WHEN they win the Super Bowl in February I will have been their the whole season, soaking it all in, enjoying as much as I can.

You are short changing yourself of this experience. When they win the Super Bowl you are going to have some regret that you did not enjoy the season as much as you could have. If they lose in the playoffs. Big ******* Deal because the draft is only 2 months away!!!!!!

Northman
12-04-2013, 05:20 AM
I don't understand fans like you. Grow some balls and live in the moment. I enjoy every ******* win. I anticipate a SB, win and I anticipate a win every week. I love talking trash to friends. I am really enjoying this season just like I did last season. While you are all hesitant and *****-like I am enjoying this team and WHEN they win the Super Bowl in February I will have been their the whole season, soaking it all in, enjoying as much as I can.

You are short changing yourself of this experience. When they win the Super Bowl you are going to have some regret that you did not enjoy the season as much as you could have. If they lose in the playoffs. Big ******* Deal because the draft is only 2 months away!!!!!!

You clearly did not read my post well enough. I said i enjoy the regular season wins for what they are but dont get overly excited because the main goal is winning a championship. Has nothing to do with balls, i just dont cok guzzle one and done seasons anymore. :lol:

Broncolingus
12-04-2013, 07:11 AM
You clearly did not read my post well enough. I said i enjoy the regular season wins for what they are but dont get overly excited because the main goal is winning a championship. Has nothing to do with balls, i just dont cok guzzle one and done seasons anymore. :lol:

"...c0ck-guzzle?"

...I think we just found our word of the month for December :cool:

Captain Speardog
12-05-2013, 01:21 AM

I read it and I say you should cok guzzle. Take all that shit in!!! Slurp it up because when they win the SB you will have enjoyed the season even more. Don't worry about your feelings getting hurt.

Lancane
12-06-2013, 03:35 PM
I loved the Dan Reeves era.

Most of us did, it was a time of 'real' hard hitting football and great moments that the current, commercialized NFL truly lacks. It was also a time when you knew that there would be some hard fought games in frigid, craptastic weather which would play a factor...it was at it's core 'real' football. But for fans, we learned to enjoy the season and each win but not focus on the post-season till we made it that far and likewise the Super Bowl.

Lancane
12-06-2013, 03:39 PM
I read it and I say you should cok guzzle. Take all that shit in!!! Slurp it up because when they win the SB you will have enjoyed the season even more. Don't worry about your feelings getting hurt.

CS, put down the copy of deep throat on beta-max and remember, it's about football not balls, and definitely not about slurping and guzzling meat sticks! I'll send you a free Slim Jim if it helps with your strange cravings!
:lol: