PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Pessimism Thread

sneakers
11-25-2013, 01:09 AM
All things pessimistic are welcome here. I will start:

The broncos will never go anywhere with Manning. He can't do anything passed the month of October. Once it is cold out he goes into the ground like a little groundhog.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
11-25-2013, 01:11 AM
There will be no rematch against the Pats in the playoffs because the Broncos will not be able to get that far due to cold weather and OT blunders (see this game and Ravens game last year)

sneakers
11-25-2013, 01:17 AM
We should have kept Tebow, because at least he could win a playoff game with his arm.

11-25-2013, 01:19 AM
Eric Studesville is bald due to the RBs we give him to coach (minus Moreno)

sneakers
11-25-2013, 01:19 AM
It is not the year 2045 where league rules all stadiums have to have a retractable dome

;_;

Dzone
11-25-2013, 01:22 AM
Not drafting eddie lacy was a big mistake. Now we lead the league in fumbles...no hope for a super bowl with those stats

11-25-2013, 01:23 AM
Holliday can't hold onto the ball because he rubs our ST coordinator's head before every KR/PR

ShaneFalco
11-25-2013, 01:24 AM
Not drafting eddie lacy was a big mistake. Now we lead the league in fumbles...no hope for a super bowl with those stats
i was begging for this team to draft him. A good power back would do this team wonders.

11-25-2013, 01:36 AM
For fear of going positive in the turnover differential, the Broncos managed to turn the ball over 4 times after going up 24-0

CrazyHorse
11-25-2013, 01:37 AM
We're only going to win the Super Bowl by a field goal.

11-25-2013, 01:38 AM
We're only going to win the Super Bowl by a field goal.

Too much optimism

aberdien
11-25-2013, 01:41 AM
Screw Manning. Where's Jarious Jackson when you need him?

11-25-2013, 01:42 AM
The only way this team reaches the Super Bowl with this current roster is if Brock is the starting QB.

sneakers
11-25-2013, 01:50 AM
Holliday can't hold onto the ball because he rubs our ST coordinator's head before every KR/PR

Holiday was good for the rest of the game since he already got rid of his weekly muffed punt right before half

sneakers
11-25-2013, 01:50 AM
Screw Manning. Where's Jarious Jackson when you need him?

I almost went to that game that he started in Green Bay back in 2003, but the girl who had tickets got Bronchitis, and I didn't feel like going with just her dad.

11-25-2013, 01:53 AM
Our pass coverage has been more concerned about letting opposing teams cover the spread than cover receivers

wayninja
11-25-2013, 02:05 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZ5GhQrCYAAU01p.jpg

Our Quarterback turns into a teletubbie in cold weather.

11-25-2013, 02:07 AM

Peyton Manning is more concerned with practicing his serial killer look for his next SNL sketch than leading his team to victory

Dzone
11-25-2013, 02:12 AM
lmao...Manning cant play in the cold..next time its cold they should start osweiler

11-25-2013, 02:13 AM
In two losses this year, the Broncos coaching staff has attributed their poor decision making to not following their mantra of WWHCD (What would Hotcarl do?)

sneakers
11-25-2013, 02:14 AM
In two losses this year, the Broncos coaching staff has attributed their poor decision making to not following their mantra of WWHCD (What would Hotcarl do?)

I wish Hotcarl was here to put everything into perspective

wayninja
11-25-2013, 02:15 AM
sldgjuao;witugjlekj TEbow!

I know, nothing like the real deal.

11-25-2013, 02:15 AM
I wish Hotcarl was here to put everything into perspective

It's times like these when I miss 374892734897 Hotcarl threads

11-25-2013, 02:19 AM

Peyton Manning is insecure with the football while playing in cold weather because he is insecure about how his forehead looks with his cold weather gear on

wayninja
11-25-2013, 02:25 AM

Wendy, darling, light of my life! I'm not gonna hurt you. You didn't let me finish my sentence. I said I'm not gonna hurt ya. I'm just gonna bash your brains in. I'm gonna bash 'em right the **** in!

Poet
11-25-2013, 02:25 AM
i was begging for this team to draft him. A good power back would do this team wonders.

You mean like...Moreno?

11-25-2013, 02:28 AM

News flash: Peyton Manning's sponsors have dropped his contract because the cold weather has frozen his face like this, making him virtually unmarketable

Simple Jaded
11-25-2013, 03:01 AM
You've had your whole ******* life to think things over, what goods a few more minutes gonna do for you?

zbeg
11-25-2013, 03:49 AM
The Broncos are so bad they have to put a quarterback on their FG block team.

Joel
11-25-2013, 04:57 AM
Asked his opinion of tonights game and whether Peyton Manning would ever win a playoff game outside, his first pro coach had this to say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

sneakers
11-25-2013, 07:32 AM
I think I might go over to Broncomania message boards just to see all the mass suicides.

it is pretty entertaining over there after a bronco loss

11-25-2013, 09:41 AM
Due to their recent performance, bank vaults everywhere are concerned that Shaun Phillips, Eric Decker, and Derek Wolfe have learned the secret to invisibility.

PatriotsGuy
11-25-2013, 09:46 AM
The elephant in the room is your use of "passed" instead of "past" in the OP. I am sorry.

11-25-2013, 10:15 AM
The Broncos are now more concerned with lowering their playoff seed so that when they go one and done, they have a higher draft pick. In an unprecedented move, Elway released his draft board for the 2014 NFL draft:

1: Trade out of the 1st round
2a: Skip out on the best RB in the class due to medical concerns in order to draft a RB who was saving his ball security issues for the NFL
2b: Another QB
3: A new Special Teams Coordinator
4: A PR/KR who can remove that liability from the team with said coordinator
5: A new DB coach
6: A raw project who has little chance of making it in the NFL
7: Any defensive player

Dzone
11-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Edelman>Welker

spikerman
11-25-2013, 06:56 PM
Just like last year, the Broncos have built a team designed to win in September and October, but not in November and December.

MOtorboat
11-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Just like last year, the Broncos have built a team designed to win in September and October, but not in November and December.

Not to be an ass, but you realize this was the Broncos first loss in November and December with Manning, right?

FanInAZ
11-25-2013, 07:31 PM
Manning's reputation for having problems in the snow was one of the reasons that several members of this board weren't sure it would be a good idea to sign him in the 1st place, especially when we are a cold whether city. At least he had a dome for half of his games when he was with the Colts.

Joker56
11-25-2013, 07:31 PM
I think we needed to lose,to wake up,that we are Not The Greatest NFL Team in History.
So now hopefully we can adjust ,heal up,learn to play better....

spikerman
11-25-2013, 07:38 PM
Not to be an ass, but you realize this was the Broncos first loss in November and December with Manning, right?
It's not just this loss. It's the way the team is built. I appreciate what they're trying to do by becoming more of a running team as the weather turns colder, but now they have exactly one back they trust. Also, it looked to me like none of the receivers really wanted to be out there in the second half. A drop off is understandable in cold weather, but this was a disappearance (Tamme excluded).

The defense shows again and again that it can't make a stand when the offense is struggling. High flying offenses and fast defenses are great in warm weather, but some point you have to be able to impose your will. Denver did that in the running game, but the defense wilted when it could have sealed the game. I still view this team as "finesse" which is rarely what wins in the playoffs.

MOtorboat
11-25-2013, 07:39 PM
It's not just this loss. It's the way the team is built. I appreciate what they're trying to do by becoming more of a running team as the weather turns colder, but now they have exactly one back they trust. Also, it looked to me like none of the receivers really wanted to be out there in the second half. A drop off is understandable in cold weather, but this was a disappearance (Tamme excluded).

The defense shows again and again that it can't make a stand when the offense is struggling. High flying offenses and fast defenses are great in warm weather, but some point you have to be able to impose your will. Denver did that in the running game, but the defense wilted when it could have sealed the game. I still view this team as "finesse" which is rarely what wins in the playoffs.

Decker needs to be benched. He's not even trying. He just throws his hands up and looks for a flag.

BroncoWave
11-25-2013, 07:40 PM
Decker needs to be benched. He's not even trying. He just throws his hands up and looks for a flag.

Decker has become a joke. He literally asks for a flag every single time a pass to him isn't completed. If I were a ref, I would not flag it against him on principle unless it was just too obvious not to.

broncobryce
11-25-2013, 07:44 PM
Manning can't play in the cold

FanInAZ
11-25-2013, 07:49 PM
I think we needed to lose,to wake up,that we are Not The Greatest NFL Team in History.
So now hopefully we can adjust ,heal up,learn to play better....

I don't know anyone who claims we were. Although our passing attack has been stellar, our running game has been mediocre at best. Moreno's 224 yards last night was great, but it's not only the first time that he's broken 100 yards this season, it's also just the 3rd time he's broken 80 yards. Nevertheless, he's clearly our best back. Then there's the little matters of our _efense which only shows up for about half of our games and our not so special teams. Holiday is great, assuming that he doesn't muff the catch.