PDA

View Full Version : Do we see Hillman back next week?

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
11-25-2013, 12:50 AM
I posed this question in the other thread, but I thought it would be worth a discussion. I like what Ball does…when he holds on to the football.

Since Hillman got the pine for his blunders, do we see Montee following suit and Hillman back in uniform next week?

camdisco24
11-25-2013, 12:57 AM
Not sure we'll see Hillman for the rest of the season, unless injury comes into play.

11-25-2013, 01:03 AM
Not sure we'll see Hillman for the rest of the season, unless injury comes into play.

From Gase's comments before Hillman got benched, it sounds as though if you don't hold onto the ball, then you don't play. With the combination of the fumbled exchange (which could be placed on Manning) and a key fumble that got NE back into the game, I could see Montee viewing the games from Hillman's spot for the next few weeks.

DenBronx
11-25-2013, 01:06 AM
No....unless there is an injury.

Not high on Ball or CJ right now either.

If Moreno gets hurt we are screwed.

ShaneFalco
11-25-2013, 01:07 AM
should have drafted Lacy , but no we pass on to scrub rbs.

CrazyHorse
11-25-2013, 01:07 AM
Moreno had a career game despite being banged up. I hope he's healthy for the playoffs.

swaiy
11-25-2013, 01:11 AM
We need to see a time machine. To draft different runningbacks.

Dzone
11-25-2013, 01:20 AM
I like Ball but hate seeing him fumble. I wouldnt care at this point if Hillman came back for a few games since I dont trust anyone who comes in to give knowshon a break

11-25-2013, 01:21 AM
I like Ball but hate seeing him fumble. I wouldnt care at this point if Hillman came back for a few games since I dont trust anyone who comes in to give knowshon a break

I'm more surprised when a RB or kick returner (not named Moreno) doesn't fumble than I am when they do.

Joel
11-25-2013, 01:24 AM
Yeah, I don't see why one guy with fumble problems is better than another. Anderson's had all of one this year, and he didn't lose it; that's still way better than Ball and Hillmans records.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-25-2013, 02:36 AM
Monte Ball can at least break a tackle. ..good grief.

Aside from that obvious fact, he might have had more time to secure the ball if Manning wouldn't thrown a freaking rainbow that took 2.4 seconds to come down. He was trying to secure the ball and didnt have time.

Im sorry guys, you can blame Ball for this loss, but I'm disgusted with the way Manning played for 3.5 quarters.

11-25-2013, 02:50 AM
Monte Ball can at least break a tackle. ..good grief.

Aside from that obvious fact, he might have had more time to secure the ball if Manning wouldn't thrown a freaking rainbow that took 2.4 seconds to come down. He was trying to secure the ball and didnt have time.

Im sorry guys, you can blame Ball for this loss, but I'm disgusted with the way Manning played for 3.5 quarters.

Manning didn't play like his usual self. Ball's turnover was costly. With the aid of both of them, the D gave up 28 points in a quarter.

The blame can be spread around. I like how Montee plays when he is not putting the ball on the ground. I just think Hillman's benching set a standard and Montee's fumbling problems may put him in the same spot as Hillman.

If it were me, I'd clone Moreno (with a healthier knee) and we'd have nothing to talk about.

Simple Jaded
11-25-2013, 03:21 AM
Can Hillman return punts?

dogfish
11-25-2013, 11:40 AM
aw HELL no!

:tsk:

i don't even want to see hillman back next year. . .

CoachChaz
11-25-2013, 11:42 AM
I vote for CJ. Regular reps will do him good

Mike
11-25-2013, 11:48 AM
aw HELL no!

:tsk:

i don't even want to see hillman back next year. . .

Holliday is quickly moving towards that list too.

GEM
11-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Let's hope not.

powderaddict
11-25-2013, 12:47 PM
Pretty much everyone on both teams had problems holding the ball last night.

I am concerned about Ball, hopefully this trend stops. I like how he runs though, and I'd like to see him get another chance.

As far as Hillman goes, if Moreno is out then I believe we will see Hillman again.

tomjonesrocks
11-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Pretty much everyone on both teams had problems holding the ball last night. I am concerned about Ball, hopefully this trend stops. I like how he runs though, and I'd like to see him get another chance. As far as Hillman goes, if Moreno is out then I believe we will see Hillman again.

Another vote for CJ. Without Ball's fumble the Patriots likely run out of time on their comeback. Similar to Hillman's fumble, without that mistake Denver in all likelihood goes on to win the game.

I am frustrated with both right now, but especially Ball, because I hate the Patriots more.

Also Studs; if he can't teach his guys to hold onto the ball or advise the team to draft guys that can he needs to go. These fumbles are killing this team.

weazel
11-25-2013, 01:40 PM
I dont want to see Hillman in a Broncos jersey again. Is there any free agents available anywhere? Can teams sign CFL players now that their season is over? Im not joking, Sheets has to be better than Hillman.

silkamilkamonico
11-25-2013, 04:17 PM
I dont want to see Hillman in a Broncos jersey again. Is there any free agents available anywhere? Can teams sign CFL players now that their season is over? Im not joking, Sheets has to be better than Hillman.

not really sure i want to see ball in a broncos jersey wver again either.

tomjonesrocks
11-25-2013, 05:43 PM
not really sure i want to see ball in a broncos jersey wver again either.

It makes me sick Ball was drafted over Lacy. We will see if he ever comes around but it's looking to be the worst draft mistake of the new regime.

weazel
11-25-2013, 05:49 PM
It makes me sick Ball was drafted over Lacy. We will see if he ever comes around but it's looking to be the worst draft mistake of the new regime.

without the fumbles Ball isn't bad but Hillman is just totally useless. They should make Ball carry a football around for a week without dropping it like they made Tiki do in New York.

Joel
11-26-2013, 01:03 AM
without the fumbles Ball isn't bad but Hillman is just totally useless. They should make Ball carry a football around for a week without dropping it like they made Tiki do in New York.
I like this idea; it sounds pointless and showy at first, but really think about it: If the guy has to go everywhere and do everything with a ball tucked securely under his arm he learns (or re-learns) how to move without losing the ball; how to turn and pass through doors without the knob knocking the ball lose, how to bend over and pick up a shoe without the ball tumbling free, etc. etc. In short, he learns how to make any and all movements naturally while keeping control of the ball. That's aside from any mental impressions it makes on the importance of keeping the ball and how failure to do so affects ones future career.