PDA

View Full Version : I'm not even mad

CrazyHorse
11-25-2013, 12:37 AM
We take care of business against KC and the rest of our schedule and we still lock up the first seed. This team just needs to get healthy.

DenBronx
11-25-2013, 12:42 AM
I am.

This team is way too undisciplined. Beating NE had multiple meanings. #1. Seeding being the most important. I would rather play those guys IN Denver if we meet in the playoffs. #2 To be the best you need to beat the best teams and NE is still one of the better AFC teams, without all the superstar WRs we have. #3. We need to know how Manning will do in crappy weather, it only gets worse in Jan. #4. NE has been beating us badly the past few years...I dont care if they only won by 3 points....they still won the game. #5 Who doesnt want to shut up Pat fans??? Really.....they are the most annoying fans on the planet.

P.S. This is going to now be a very long Thanksgiving. Thanks Carter....you fool.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
11-25-2013, 12:45 AM
We are still the number 1 seed right?

camdisco24
11-25-2013, 12:46 AM
Thanks Carter....you fool.

I agreed with everything, except this. Carter was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Cant put blame on him 100%. Welker should have called off the punt much earlier.

igoe4broncos
11-25-2013, 12:51 AM
I agree. A fluke play cost us a hard-fought game against a desperate Pats team. I like our chances in a rematch, especially in Denver.

Take down the Chiefs next weekend, and win out, and we still have the No. 1 seed.

CrazyHorse
11-25-2013, 12:56 AM
Come playoff time we should have Julius Thomas, Rahim Moore, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, and possibly Champ Bailey back. John Fox should return by then too. If we're the first seed this game would be at Mile High with a much different atmosphere and likely different outcome.

I hope we can shut Pats fans in the playoffs. I also relish another opportunity to play the Colts. Cold weather is still a big concern though.

camdisco24
11-25-2013, 12:59 AM
This kinda reminds me of last season when we beat the Ravens in regular season and they broke our hearts in the playoffs...

Time to reverse roles and take it to the Pats when it actually matters. That would be awesome.

Shazam!
11-25-2013, 01:00 AM
I wish I wasn't fuming mad.

silkamilkamonico
11-25-2013, 01:03 AM
not mad either. just scared to death that we might see a 25 degrees or colder in a playoff game.

CrazyHorse
11-25-2013, 01:05 AM
not mad either. just scared to death that we might see a 25 degrees or colder in a playoff game.

Global Warming can't happen fast enough.

wayninja
11-25-2013, 01:07 AM
I've been expecting to lose this game all week, so I'm not really that mad about it.

I do hate that look that Manning gets on his face in situations like these. I think you guys know the look I'm talking about. I don't think he means to do it, but it so comes off as "I give up and just want to go home".

Makes want to poke him in his gigantic forehead and say DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT WITH YOUR FACE!

CrazyHorse
11-25-2013, 01:10 AM
I've been expecting to lose this game all week, so I'm not really that mad about it.

I do hate that look that Manning gets on his face in situations like these. I think you guys know the look I'm talking about. I don't think he means to do it, but it so comes off as "I give up and just want to go home".

Makes want to poke him in his gigantic forehead and say DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT WITH YOUR FACE!

I know the face. Hands in his hands in his hand warmer and his head down. I call it the Pouty Peyton.

Joel
11-25-2013, 01:29 AM
I am.

This team is way too undisciplined. Beating NE had multiple meanings. #1. Seeding being the most important. I would rather play those guys IN Denver if we meet in the playoffs. #2 To be the best you need to beat the best teams and NE is still one of the better AFC teams, without all the superstar WRs we have. #3. We need to know how Manning will do in crappy weather, it only gets worse in Jan. #4. NE has been beating us badly the past few years...I dont care if they only won by 3 points....they still won the game. #5 Who doesnt want to shut up Pat fans??? Really.....they are the most annoying fans on the planet.

P.S. This is going to now be a very long Thanksgiving. Thanks Carter....you fool.
Pretty much says it all; QFT. The key difference between us and teams like NE is our coaches don't give halftime speeches like the one Belicheck surely gave, or run practices like him. When's the last time anyone saw NE giveaway an OT game when they were all but guaranteed AT LEAST a tie, all because a punt blocker ran into the kick and no one had the sense to fall on it. I heard a lot of people cheering in the first half tonight because "we finally recovered a fumble." Well, there's a reason for that; people point to TO differential as the biggest corellation with winning, but it's more symptom than cause.

You know what they say: "If you're not mad, you're not paying attention." ;)

wayninja
11-25-2013, 01:32 AM
You guys let me know how being mad changes things.

artie_dale
11-25-2013, 01:46 AM
1) Due to the weather, we needed to control the game by running the ball... we did.
2) We made the most out of the turnovers our defense caused in the first half.
3) Peyton didn't seem eager to throw in the cold if he didn't have to. But, in the 2nd half, when he had to, he did. Not as well as I'd like, but there is reason to be concerned.
4) the 2nd half adjustments the Patriots made was pretty much we our offense usually does. Brady got the ball out of his hands within 1.5 - 2.5 seconds. And they sold the run pretty well which bought him time.
5) DRC injury was significant.
6) Von Miller showed up. Against any other team, the QB would have been more rattled.
7) NE was the favorite to win this game. We nearly took it to a tie. The punt return flub was simply a fluke that went NE's way. Our defense held when it was most important (all pretty important, but against NE facing the wind)

Overall, I'm satisfied. I expected the passing game to struggle in this particular game (and future outdoor games in the cold). But, what I'm most satisfied about is our offense found a way to move the ball. Maybe it was just that Wilfork isn't there, but the offense found a way to produce.

The team just has to finish games. Especially the defense.

Joel
11-25-2013, 01:49 AM
You guys let me know how being mad changes things.
Same way being happy does.

wayninja
11-25-2013, 01:54 AM
Same way being happy does.

That's pretty bleak. If you don't see the problem with that thought process, I won't be able to convince you.

Joel
11-25-2013, 04:49 AM
That's pretty bleak. If you don't see the problem with that thought process, I won't be able to convince you.
You asked what it changes, and the answer is the same in both cases. Which, I suppose, is a valid point in itself; none of us have any control over the team, so no matter how accurately (or not) we diagnose the teams problems and determine the solutions, unless the coaches and front office do the same it's every bit as frustrating as if we were completely ignorant. And quite often no fans proposed solution we'll get roadtested anyway, so there's no way to be completely sure it's correct regardless.

Yet there's something to be said for not letting football teams play Lucy to our Charlie Brown. Paralyzed people have regained the ability to walk, but in the real world Christopher Reeveses outnumber Pollyannas by orders of magnitude. When a team commits itself—and thus, vicariously, its fanbase—to a SB and self destructs that spectacularly, enjoying it is no healthier than any other form of masochism.

sneakers
11-25-2013, 07:38 AM
It took me about 90 minutes to go through the 5 stages of grief, and now I am over it.

VonDoom
11-25-2013, 08:07 AM
I agreed with everything, except this. Carter was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Cant put blame on him 100%. Welker should have called off the punt much earlier.

I've been down on Carter all year but this was on Welker, not Carter. Speaking of Welker, if he had caught that third down pass on the last drive, we probably go for it at 4th and 2. Another ten yards there and we kick a FG to win it.

chazoe60
11-25-2013, 08:46 AM
My Thanksgiving will be awesome.

MasterShake
11-25-2013, 08:53 AM
The thing for me is that while I was impressed with the comeback by the Pats in the second half, I was equally impressed by how our defense played in the first half and how well Knowshon looked the whole game. Even if we manage to hold on and win it would have been due to the turnovers and the career game by Moreno. But as it stands it comes down to the same old story of us turning the ball over at crucial times. I think the stat in our 2 losses is that we turned over the ball 7 times.

The good news for me is (and why I'm not overly concerned... YET) is that our losses are due to correctable things. Like it or not this is a 16 game preseason and while seeding is important it means nothing if we can't win in the playoffs. While it was mistakes that cost us 2 games, it is no mistake that we are 9-2 and in really good shape.

Traveler
11-25-2013, 08:55 AM
Is it me or did Welker have the same look as Manning when he had to return to Indy and play? I swear the both of them had that "look" like they really didn't want to play in their old stadiums against their old teammates.

MasterShake
11-25-2013, 09:05 AM
Is it me or did Welker have the same look as Manning when he had to return to Indy a play? I swear the both of them had that "look" like they really didn't want to play in their old stadiums against their old teammates.

I think that had more to do with his dumb concussed ass coming back to play too soon. I just hope we get another crack at these guys when we are healthier.

artie_dale
11-25-2013, 12:45 PM
1) Due to the weather, we needed to control the game by running the ball... we did.
2) We made the most out of the turnovers our defense caused in the first half.
3) Peyton didn't seem eager to throw in the cold if he didn't have to. But, in the 2nd half, when he had to, he did. Not as well as I'd like, but there is reason to be concerned.
4) the 2nd half adjustments the Patriots made was pretty much we our offense usually does. Brady got the ball out of his hands within 1.5 - 2.5 seconds. And they sold the run pretty well which bought him time.
5) DRC injury was significant.
6) Von Miller showed up. Against any other team, the QB would have been more rattled.
7) NE was the favorite to win this game. We nearly took it to a tie. The punt return flub was simply a fluke that went NE's way. Our defense held when it was most important (all pretty important, but against NE facing the wind)

Overall, I'm satisfied. I expected the passing game to struggle in this particular game (and future outdoor games in the cold). But, what I'm most satisfied about is our offense found a way to move the ball. Maybe it was just that Wilfork isn't there, but the offense found a way to produce.

The team just has to finish games. Especially the defense.

Continued....
8) Seems the biggest mistake was not taking the preferred side of the field (to have wind on our back in the 4th quarter) as well as going conservative in the 2nd half. NE put up 21 pts in the 3rd quarter WITH THE WIND IN THEIR FACE.
9) Conservative play calling bit us in the ass again.

Timmy!
11-25-2013, 12:51 PM
Its a giant kick in the nuts, just have to learn from it and move on. Turnovers kill. Still in control of getting the #1, nothing has really changed. I just hope the injuries aren't major.

artie_dale
11-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Its a giant kick in the nuts, just have to learn from it and move on. Turnovers kill. Still in control of getting the #1, nothing has really changed. I just hope the injuries aren't major.

Which is why I'm more disappointed than I am upset.

weazel
11-25-2013, 01:24 PM
did Baxter eat the whole wheel of cheese?