sneakers
11-24-2013, 10:08 PM
http://www.pictureshack.us/images/31107_elway_laugh.gif

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
11-24-2013, 10:41 PM
I thought you were going to reenact the Superchop Elway thread

atwater27
11-25-2013, 12:37 AM
Something tells me his reaction is a little different now.

Broncolingus
11-25-2013, 12:40 AM
Something tells me his reaction is a little different now.

Yup...

Joel
11-25-2013, 01:44 AM
Unfortunately, the players reaction to the halftime score was to go home. Champions finish games; if we'd played Super Bowl XXXIII like this game, or last year against Baltimore, we don't get to the end zone (or even close) for the go ahead score, and Green Bay marches downfield to win it like a champion. We did that instead, then stuffed them four downs in the brief time we left them to try a comeback. A lot of guys on this club better hope Elway didn't see the difference, but it may be a faint hope.

wayninja
11-25-2013, 02:14 AM
He was watching the game at Mile High and the stadium was packed? That's loyalty right there.

Joel
11-25-2013, 05:33 AM
He was watching the game at Mile High and the stadium was packed? That's loyalty right there.
Yeah, but the guys who really went above and beyond were the Redskins, who apparently took time out to come cheer us on before preparing for tonights game.

sneakers
11-25-2013, 07:29 AM

glad someone caught that.....

Joel
11-26-2013, 10:46 AM
glad someone caught that.....
I suspect most everyone caught that. That Redskins game reminds me todays NFL is a very weird place.

NO halftime lead is safe, not 27-3 on Detroit, 24-0 on Denver or 24-0 BY Denver. Three games on this list are from the last three seasons: http://www.profootballhof.com/history/stats/comebacks.aspx

The AFCs top two teams have only beaten one winning team BETWEEN them; unsuprisingly, it was when they played EACH OTHER.

The NFL Championship will almost certainly be below freezing, for the first time since 1965 (anyone ever wonder if "the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field" explains GBs three straight titles in two different decades?) There's a reason all the first SBs were played places like the Coliseum, Orange Bowl and Tulane Stadium. I know GOODELLS tradition is fellating each owner in turn by letting huge, expensive and state-of-the-art stadiums "earn" the right to host a SB, but if it's near the Great Lakes, put a state-of-the-art ROOF on it first. Down by 3 with 0:16 and no timeouts in the Ice Bowl, Lombardi RAN because even HE feared OT.

Biggest fans of this years SB site: All AFC divison leaders who play in the cold (i.e. everyone but Indy.) Biggest critics: The top 7 NFC teams, who've all pounded the AFC but play in warm and/or domed stadiums.

I don't know the AFCs #6 seed, but DO know whoever it is will start December with a losing record. The phrase "Wins tie break over x and y based on best win percentage in conference games" comes up a lot in ESPNs current playoff standings, which is that much more pathetic when one realizes its real meaning: After division winners and the AFCW runner up, no less than NINE AFC teams could still crawl atop that turd pile. Theoretically, even Houston and Jax are still in contention; despite many loser vs. loser games remaining. Most, in fact: Only 5 AFC teams are above .500, probably why over HALF the NFC is.

It's just remotely possible the AFCs #6 seed will be Ohio St., who could likey beat (and has twice as many wins as) all other contenders (but can't win the SECAAs National "Championship," for self-evident reasons.)

Cam Newton can beat Tom Brady, but Peyton Manning still can't. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur0g-R7ZODY

MOtorboat
11-26-2013, 04:24 PM
Even in this thread?

This is getting ******* ridiculous.

BroncoNut
11-26-2013, 05:09 PM
I'm confused.