PDA

View Full Version : Wes Welker cleared to play against Patriots

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2013, 03:44 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Denver Broncos wide receiver Wes Welker has passed through the NFL's post-concussion protocol and has been cleared to play Sunday against the New England Patriots, his former team.

Welker was a full participant in practice on Friday, and is officially listed as probable on the Broncos' injury report. Interim head coach Jack Del Rio, using the same language he used last week for quarterback Peyton Manning, said he would list Welker as "definite" if that was an available designation.

Welker left last week's game against Kansas City in the fourth quarter. He initially went to the sideline after taking a big hit and the end of a catch, and the team said he was evaluated then for a neck injury. He was cleared to return, played four more snaps before he left the game. It was then that he was diagnosed with a concussion.

rest - http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/broncos/2013/11/22/wes-welker-will-play-against-patriots/3677545/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Slick
11-22-2013, 04:04 PM
Great news!

Joel
11-22-2013, 04:08 PM
*exhales slowly* Not that it means we'll cruise, but it's very good news and now I can go to bed without worrying about it anymore; thanks for the always timely update. :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2013, 04:19 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – After a week of limited participation in practice, cornerback Champ Bailey is questionable for Sunday’s matchup with New England as he continues to recover from a foot injury that he aggravated in Week 7.

Bailey said Friday that he is progressing “very well.”

“I got a good week of practice in, feel pretty confident about going forward,” Bailey said. “I just need to make sure I’m all the way there, mentally and physically.”

Interim Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator Jack Del Rio said Friday that there was a “pretty strong likelihood” that Bailey would return to action before the end of the regular season, but didn’t specify if that meant Bailey would be ready by Sunday night or not.

rest - plus video - Bailey - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Bailey-Progressing-Very-Well/a6d29f94-b729-4175-9c22-8e3cf03d33d7

slim
11-22-2013, 04:19 PM
Oh man, WTE just swallowed his tongue.

olathebroncofan
11-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Oh man, WTE just swallowed

Fixed

slim
11-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Fixed

I don't like to judge, but WTE is one gross SOB.

NightTrainLayne
11-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Great news. It would have been a travesty if Welker couldn't take the field against the Pats.

BroncoWave
11-22-2013, 04:48 PM
Great news. It would have been a travesty if Welker couldn't take the field against the Pats.

Absolutely. You know Wes has had this game circled on his calendar since the schedule came out.

GEM
11-22-2013, 06:35 PM

:laugh:

WTE
11-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Guys and gals, Amendola is going to have a better game than Wes. You heard it here first.

Peyton's numb hand will fall off by the 3rd due to lack of nerve endings. You heard that here first too.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Guys and gals, Amendola is going to have a better game than Wes. You heard it here first.

Peyton's numb hand will fall off by the 3rd due to lack of nerve endings. You heard that here first too.

Well, since Amendola is the only the real threat they have at WR, yeah, I would hope he has a better game than Wes. When DT has 180 yards it won't matter.

GEM
11-22-2013, 06:58 PM

Smoke some hippy lettuce, did ya? :laugh:

WTE
11-22-2013, 07:07 PM
Well, since Amendola is the only the real threat they have at WR, yeah, I would hope he has a better game than Wes. When DT has 180 yards it won't matter.

You're going to enjoy watching # 17 fly right by your slow secondary. Now do me a favor and go look up # 17.

Army Bronco
11-22-2013, 07:20 PM
Oh lord...Denver better win this game!

WTE
11-22-2013, 07:42 PM

They can afford to lose it. They don't have to be so greedy.

I encourage them to rest up for their big game at Arrowhead.

Army Bronco
11-22-2013, 08:15 PM

I encourage them to rest up for their big game at Arrowhead.Dude, if we get another troll on here like NEP because we lost this game, im gonna contact the NSA to pull surveillance on that troll so I can find him and I'm gonna break his fingers and punch him in his man pleaser(suck hole)..lol

WTE
11-22-2013, 08:42 PM
Dude, if we get another troll on here like NEP because we lost this game, im gonna contact the NSA to pull surveillance on that troll so I can find him and I'm gonna break his fingers and punch him in his man pleaser(suck hole)..lol

I don't really get the man pleaser part. I'm just not as adept as you Broncos guys when it comes to pleasing men.

Would this man pleaser part you are referring to be the penis or the butthole?

JPPT1974
11-22-2013, 08:44 PM
We need him! As he also wants to play against his former team to add to that!

Army Bronco
11-22-2013, 08:56 PM
Dude, if we get another troll on here like NEP because we lost this game, im gonna contact the NSA to pull surveillance on that troll so I can find him and I'm gonna break his fingers and punch him in his man pleaser(suck hole)..lol

I don't really get the man pleaser part. I'm just not as adept as you Broncos guys when it comes to pleasing men.

Would this man pleaser part you are referring to be the penis or the butthole? it means his mouth. Ask Tom Brady, he is Queen of pleasing men.

WTE
11-22-2013, 09:05 PM
it means his mouth. Ask Tom Brady, he is Queen of pleasing men.

Oh his mouth?? OK I get it.

Tell me AB, you have spent some long and lonely nights in the barracks. Have you ever utilized your man pleasing parts?

Army Bronco
11-22-2013, 09:21 PM
it means his mouth. Ask Tom Brady, he is Queen of pleasing men.

Oh his mouth?? OK I get it.

Tell me AB, you have spent some long and lonely nights in the barracks. Have you ever utilized your man pleasing parts?lmao...I live in military housing with my wife and two kids. I even have my 1 yo saying "Broncos"where ever he sees the logo.

embeeteeay
11-22-2013, 09:48 PM
You're going to enjoy watching # 17 fly right by your slow secondary. Now do me a favor and go look up # 17.

I hope Champ gets the ok to suit up.

DenBronx
11-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Welkers going to have a huge game and Amendola isnt. lol

Chris Harris is going to shut him out!!!

DRC will also blanket Gronk....maybe 3 catches at best. Good luck getting to the redzone. :defense:

embeeteeay
11-22-2013, 10:10 PM
Welkers going to have a huge game and Amendola isnt. lol

Chris Harris is going to shut him out!!!

DRC will also blanket Gronk....maybe 3 catches at best. Good luck getting to the redzone. :defense:

Yes, I am sorry to hear that Wes is going to be playing. He could turn this game for Denver.

Hopefully his head is not as clear as the Denver medical staff has led the League to believe.

You seem to know an awful lot about football coverage. Do you have any opinion on whether it will be Hightower or Spikes who gets assigned the job of separating Wes's head from his body the first time he runs the middle slant?

GEM
11-22-2013, 10:23 PM
Hightower or spikes would have to catch him first, that isn't going to happen, so does it matter. Manning and his boys will be torching your defense all night, just be ready for it then it won't hurt so bad when it happens.

Army Bronco
11-22-2013, 10:49 PM
So..in what quarter will Brady start crying to the refs? He tends to do this ALOT when he is about to lose. How long will Gronks forearm or back will hold up after Nacho or Kayvon drill him? Will Glass Amendola last the whole game?

BroncoWave
11-22-2013, 11:01 PM
Hopefully his head is not as clear as the Denver medical staff has led the League to believe.

You have to be cleared by an independent neurologist to play, dope.

embeeteeay
11-22-2013, 11:47 PM
Hightower or spikes would have to catch him first, that isn't going to happen, so does it matter. Manning and his boys will be torching your defense all night, just be ready for it then it won't hurt so bad when it happens.

I'm worried, especially now that Wes will be back. That's for sure. Your offense is very, very good. I can't imagine how the Patriots can even hope to stop them.

Simple Jaded
11-23-2013, 12:00 AM
The Sarcasm is strong with this one.

embeeteeay
11-23-2013, 12:10 AM

What?

You think Denver is going to have any problems scoring against that NE defense?

Army Bronco
11-23-2013, 03:12 AM

What?

You think Denver is going to have any problems scoring against that NE defense?Sure don't! If Denver loses it'll be cause some rule that the Pats got away with or BB is back to filming or the Pats decide to do something completely new cause they are afraid.

WTE
11-23-2013, 07:22 AM
Sure don't! If Denver loses it'll be cause some rule that the Pats got away with or BB is back to filming or the Pats decide to do something completely new cause they are afraid.

Oh yeah b/c The Patriots have been getting away w/ so many rules this year. Like the pushing on the 65yd FG against NYJ or the holding on Gronk in the endzone against Carolina.

Army Bronco
11-23-2013, 09:11 AM
Sure don't! If Denver loses it'll be cause some rule that the Pats got away with or BB is back to filming or the Pats decide to do something completely new cause they are afraid.

Oh yeah b/c The Patriots have been getting away w/ so many rules this year. Like the pushing on the 65yd FG against NYJ or the holding on Gronk in the endzone against Carolina.lol...I know..isn't it it nice that the Pats are finally getting theirs after years of getting away with things! Karma. The league finally decided enough is enough.

PatriotsGuy
11-23-2013, 10:33 AM
lol...I know..isn't it it nice that the Pats are finally getting theirs after years of getting away with things! Karma. The league finally decided enough is enough.

This is so laughable.

embeeteeay
11-23-2013, 11:26 AM
This is so laughable.

I completely agree.

Is Army Bronco the forum comedian? In the short time I've been here, I seen him post some hilarious stuff.

embeeteeay
11-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Say, does anyone know whather John Fox will be back on the sidelines for this game?

That's my other great concern for NE heading into this game, not that Del Rio isn't a capable guy.

MOtorboat
11-23-2013, 11:51 AM
Say, does anyone know whather John Fox will be back on the sidelines for this game?

That's my other great concern for NE heading into this game, not that Del Rio isn't a capable guy.

He's out indefinitely. Elway has ordered him to stay in Charlotte until he's ready to come back.

embeeteeay
11-23-2013, 11:56 AM
He's out indefinitely. Elway has ordered him to stay in Charlotte until he's ready to come back.

They must have cracked his chest open to fix that valve or whatever if he's out indefinitely. That's got to be tough on the guy, having to sit out during such an historical season.

Army Bronco
11-23-2013, 12:03 PM
lol...I know..isn't it it nice that the Pats are finally getting theirs after years of getting away with things! Karma. The league finally decided enough is enough.

This is so laughable.Says the fan with the team who was involved with Spy gate, the tuck rule, and the crying QB.

embeeteeay
11-23-2013, 12:23 PM
Says the fan with the team who was involved with Spy gate, the tuck rule, and the crying QB.

Let's be fair, here, guy. Peyton was almost in tears when he didn't get a flag on that low hit against SD a couple weeks ago. Whined quite a bit, if I recall. Not that I blame him on that one, but still, he did carry on over it. And I don't mean just his typical pout.

slim
11-23-2013, 12:25 PM
let's be fair, here, guy. Peyton was almost in tears when he didn't get a flag on that low hit against sd a couple weeks ago. Whined quite a bit, if i recall. Not that i blame him on that one, but still, he did carry on over it. And i don't mean just his typical pout.

ead.

BroncoJoe
11-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Let's be fair, here, guy. Peyton was almost in tears when he didn't get a flag on that low hit against SD a couple weeks ago. Whined quite a bit, if I recall. Not that I blame him on that one, but still, he did carry on over it. And I don't mean just his typical pout.

Um, he was whining about being told he would have to leave the game for one play. Not the hit. We called a time out which meant he could stay on the field.

Ravage!!!
11-23-2013, 12:28 PM

Compared to the crying fit Brady showed to the official after his last game???

PatriotsGuy
11-23-2013, 12:59 PM

http://www.patspulpit.com/2013/10/28/5038190/patriots-benefit-from-referees-calling-penalties

oops, actually data!! and it may be on a Pats site but the data is gathered from non Pats sites.

slim
11-23-2013, 01:00 PM
lol

LawDog
11-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Compared to the crying fit Brady showed to the official after his last game???

Brady's meltdown was f'ing brutal...

BroncoWave
11-23-2013, 01:19 PM
Brady's meltdown was f'ing brutal...

The funniest part of that was Ryan Mallett jumping in. He has learned well from the master!

Army Bronco
11-23-2013, 01:46 PM

http://www.patspulpit.com/2013/10/28/5038190/patriots-benefit-from-referees-calling-penalties

oops, actually data!! and it may be on a Pats site but the data is gathered from non Pats sites.NFL wide the PATS are one if not the most hated teams, and not because of winning but because of cheating and whinnying. Fact....out of my brain. Yes I hate the Pats...a lot...lol

Army Bronco
11-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Says the fan with the team who was involved with Spy gate, the tuck rule, and the crying QB.

Let's be fair, here, guy. Peyton was almost in tears when he didn't get a flag on that low hit against SD a couple weeks ago. Whined quite a bit, if I recall. Not that I blame him on that one, but still, he did carry on over it. And I don't mean just his typical pout.Let's be fair guy....Brady is known to cry and whine...not Manning. Pats suck

Army Bronco
11-23-2013, 02:09 PM

oops, actually data!! and it may be on a Pats site but the data is gathered from non Pats sites. So what I got out of your article is 1. Biased article. 2. Patriots didn't get all the calls. Can't do that because it would be too obvious when they get those calls in big games , not just the SB. 3.Pats fans know they get more than their fair share of calls or else this article is never written....BTW...Pats suck! No one goes to FOX news for a Democratic point of view...lol

WTE
11-23-2013, 03:21 PM
nfl wide the pats are one if not the most hared teams, and not because of winning but because of cheating and winning. Fact....out of my brain. Yes i hate the pats...a lot...lol

eapb&j

Army Bronco
11-23-2013, 03:30 PM
nfl wide the pats are one if not the most hared teams, and not because of winning but because of cheating and winning. Fact....out of my brain. Yes i hate the pats...a lot...lol

eapb&jGrilled cheese is better. Though the peanut butter provides an alright source of protein, I don't like jelly. * I had several autocorrect errors in my previous post..I edited them.

Simple Jaded
11-23-2013, 03:31 PM
What?

You think Denver is going to have any problems scoring against that NE defense?

E.a.d Eddie Haskell.

PatriotsGuy
11-23-2013, 03:32 PM
lol Eddie Haskell reference

PatriotsGuy
11-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Let's be fair guy....Brady is known to cry and whine...not Manning. Pats suck

Nope Manning is just known for yelling at team mates and throwing them under the bus.

Army Bronco
11-23-2013, 03:40 PM
Let's be fair guy....Brady is known to cry and whine...not Manning. Pats suck

Nope Manning is just known for yelling at team mates and throwing them under the bus.So you do admit Brady is a whiny little bitch!!! Glad you are coming around to seeing what everyone else knows!! ; -)

PatriotsGuy
11-23-2013, 03:55 PM
I'm playing with my dog. I don't have time to educate you ;)

Army Bronco
11-23-2013, 04:30 PM
I'm playing with my dog. I don't have time to educate you ;)Yeah whatever. You know it and none of you Pats fans will ever openly admit Brady is a crying little bitch. Great Qb...but whiny little bitch when things don't go her way.

PatriotsGuy
11-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Yeah whatever. You know it and none of you Pats fans will ever openly admit Brady is a crying little bitch. Great Qb...but whiny little bitch when things don't go her way.

Brady is a competitor like Manning. He gets hot and so does Manning. Manning loves Brady, how do you like them apples?

Army Bronco
11-23-2013, 05:38 PM
Yeah whatever. You know it and none of you Pats fans will ever openly admit Brady is a crying little bitch. Great Qb...but whiny little bitch when things don't go her way.

Brady is a competitor like Manning. He gets hot and so does Manning. Manning loves Brady, how do you like them apples? Is that why Brady pouts and cries? I think Sandy Claws didn't leave Tommy his Barbie dream house as a little girl. Granny Smith apples are good.

Simple Jaded
11-23-2013, 05:45 PM
Nope Manning is just known for yelling at team mates and throwing them under the bus.

Sorta like Tom Brady?

embeeteeay
11-23-2013, 05:50 PM
Is that why Brady pouts and cries? I think Sandy Claws didn't leave Tommy his Barbie dream house as a little girl. Granny Smith apples are good.

You are one funny guy. Keep it coming, man.

DenBronx
11-23-2013, 06:04 PM
I can not wait for this game. Going to make these Pat fans stay quiet for awhile.

PatriotsGuy
11-23-2013, 06:06 PM
i can not wait for this game. Going to make these pat fans stay quiet for awhile.

news flash!!!! The broncos are favored by 2.5 points and no one expects ne to win so what will make us "stay quiet"

PatriotsGuy
11-23-2013, 06:07 PM
Sorta like Tom Brady?

Brady yells at rookies and Peyton yells at his all pro center. Please link me to Brady throwing team mates under the bus a la "we had protection problems out there today" we will never agree so whatever.

WTE
11-23-2013, 06:11 PM
I can not wait for this game. Going to make these Pat fans stay quiet for awhile.

Wow. Very confident. How many thousands did you bet on Denver given your absolute certainty of a Donks win?

Dzone
11-23-2013, 06:58 PM
Didnt Bradys wife complain? I know she did, I just dont remember why...someone please remind me, I need more reasons to hate the patriots

Dzone
11-23-2013, 07:00 PM
The football betting guy from Vegas on 104.3 said there is no way NE will lose this game...sorry if I already posted about that...

MOtorboat
11-23-2013, 07:01 PM
Didnt Bradys wife complain? I know she did, I just dont remember why...someone please remind me, I need more reasons to hate the patriots

He can't catch the passes too.

PatriotsGuy
11-23-2013, 07:07 PM
He can't catch the passes too.

She was referring to a certain wide receiver that dropped a crucial pass.

PatriotsGuy
11-23-2013, 07:08 PM
The football betting guy from Vegas on 104.3 said there is no way NE will lose this game...sorry if I already posted about that...

ok so there's one guy. Now go to ESPN NFL expert picks and every other sports site and tell me what they're saying. I can wait.

Dzone
11-23-2013, 07:09 PM
Oh, ok. Well, Bradys wife needs to pipe down.She must wear the pants in the family..lol...Has mannings wife ever complained about receivers dropping passes?

Dzone
11-23-2013, 07:10 PM
ok so there's one guy. Now go to ESPN NFL expert picks and every other sports site and tell me what they're saying. I can wait.
No, I only care what that guy says. Hes never wrong

Army Bronco
11-23-2013, 07:21 PM
i can not wait for this game. Going to make these pat fans stay quiet for awhile.

news flash!!!! The broncos are favored by 2.5 points and no one expects ne to win so what will make us "stay quiet"lol..funny, like you guys would ever keep quiet. NE could lose by 50+ and you guys would still talk smack but you know what....I still like you and WTE. Good peeps and its fun talking smack with ya

Ravage!!!
11-23-2013, 07:22 PM
Oh, ok. Well, Bradys wife needs to pipe down.She must wear the pants in the family..lol...Has mannings wife ever complained about receivers dropping passes?

No. She ranked right up there with Kurt Warner's wife.

PatriotsGuy
11-23-2013, 07:22 PM
No, I only care what that guy says. Hes never wrong

well he's wrong this time!

MOtorboat
11-23-2013, 07:24 PM
well he's wrong this time!

Don't you put that voodoo on us.

Ravage!!!
11-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Don't you put that voodoo on us.

Its the "you guys should beat us".... and if we don't, they have the "OMG, Manning couldn't even beat us this time when favored." If they lose they have teh "we told you so, we are SOOO injured." Its a NO LOSE game for them. They win either way.

MOtorboat
11-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Its the "you guys should beat us".... and if we don't, they have the "OMG, Manning couldn't even beat us this time when favored." If they lose they have teh "we told you so, we are SOOO injured." Its a NO LOSE game for them. They win either way.

No it's not. You're thinking too hard.

PAGs is trolling us with the jinx. Been doing it all week.

PatriotsGuy
11-23-2013, 07:34 PM

Oh my God! Loo at the effing matchups and injuries and tell me different. Oh and the minute you see me gloating about any Patriots victory against the Broncos on this site will be the last time you see me.

Army Bronco
11-23-2013, 08:11 PM

Oh my God! Loo at the effing matchups and injuries and tell me different. Oh and the minute you see me gloating about any Patriots victory against the Broncos on this site will be the last time you see me.whatever, Brady Sucks big floppy donkey D.

WTE
11-23-2013, 08:35 PM
If the Patriots win it will be my pleasure to gloat on behalf of me and Pags.

Army Bronco
11-23-2013, 08:40 PM
If the Patriots win it will be my pleasure to gloat on behalf of me and Pags.Just stop. You and Pags are both closet Broncos fans. You know it. Its OK..at least the Broncos coaches have integrity... one of the Army values. We fired the guy who was severely lacking integrity. I don't quite remember where he is now though. Oh well, at least he got us Decker, Thomas, and Moreno.

WTE
11-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Just stop. You and Pags are both closet Broncos fans. You know it. Its OK.

AB,

The Denver Broncos is to me what the Taliban is to you.

Army Bronco
11-23-2013, 09:22 PM
Just stop. You and Pags are both closet Broncos fans. You know it. Its OK.

AB,

The Denver Broncos is to me what the Taliban is to you.Really, you would kill the Denver Broncos? ID hate the Broncos if they were killing my comrades. Wait, Hernandez was the murderer. Then why in the world would you spend so much Time in these forums? I like to call Brady gay but I don't want to kill him by ripping out his heart and showing it to him while its still beating then spitting in his face while he falls to the ground in agony. Wow..great comparison though. come on dude, you're better than this.

olathebroncofan
11-23-2013, 09:43 PM
Is the d line going to put as much or more pressure on manning than the chiefs did?

That's the only concern I have? Cold weather will be an issue but if there is no pressure, manning will find the open man each time?

WTE
11-23-2013, 09:53 PM
Is the d line going to put as much or more pressure on manning than the chiefs did?

That's the only concern I have? Cold weather will be an issue but if there is no pressure, manning will find the open man each time?

But with the very cold elements will he have any feelings in his fingers from his 3X surgically repaired neck?

Army Bronco
11-23-2013, 10:00 PM

But with the very cold elements will he have any feelings in his fingers from his 3X surgically repaired neck? The Taliban doesn't fight in the cold either.

WTE
11-23-2013, 10:04 PM
The Taliban doesn't fight in the cold either.

Yes they do AB. There's plenty of cold mountains in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Now I'm beginning to think you never battled a Taliban in hand to hand combat.

Army Bronco
11-23-2013, 10:09 PM
The Taliban doesn't fight in the cold either.

Yes they do AB. There's plenty of cold mountains in Pakistan and Afghanistan. Now I'm beginning to think you never battled a Taliban in hand to hand combat. The fighting subsides because they can't get through the snow in the Mountains..the supplies actually from the Haqani network in Pakistan. They wait till it melts in the spring and start their offensive. I've never been to the Stan..only Iraq and Colombia doin counter narcotics missions.

WTE
11-23-2013, 10:15 PM
The fighting subsides because they can't get through the snow in the Mountains..the supplies actually from the Haqani network in Pakistan. They wait till it melts in the spring and start their offensive. I've never been to the Stan..only Iraq and Colombia doin counter narcotics missions.

Well a lot of good your counter narcotics missions did. Pot is now legal everywhere!!

Army Bronco
11-23-2013, 10:33 PM
The fighting subsides because they can't get through the snow in the Mountains..the supplies actually from the Haqani network in Pakistan. They wait till it melts in the spring and start their offensive. I've never been to the Stan..only Iraq and Colombia doin counter narcotics missions.

Well a lot of good your counter narcotics missions did. Pot is now legal everywhere!! Lol it was. Cocaine...against the FARC.

Dzone
11-23-2013, 11:00 PM
AB,

The Denver Broncos is to me what the Taliban is to you.
Yes, but fraternizing with the enemy is punishable by death

embeeteeay
11-23-2013, 11:20 PM

AB....aren't you leading us off topic with all your war stories? Remember, this discussion is about how concerned the Patriots should be with Welker now cleared for action.

Pudge
11-23-2013, 11:21 PM
Hey army bronco, what is your favorite ww2 era plane?

embeeteeay
11-23-2013, 11:38 PM

P51 Mustang was a beaut.

Army Bronco
11-23-2013, 11:46 PM

P51 Mustang was a beaut.This one!!

Army Bronco
11-23-2013, 11:47 PM

AB....aren't you leading us off topic with all your war stories? Remember, this discussion is about how concerned the Patriots should be with Welker now cleared for action. You started it WTE!!...trying to set me up are ya....punk!..lol

Pudge
11-23-2013, 11:51 PM
Ok I don't have a clue about ww2 era planes but picking that seems like almost expected answer think out of the box

Army Bronco
11-23-2013, 11:58 PM
Ok I don't have a clue about ww2 era planes but picking that seems like almost expected answer think out of the boxThe Mustang was the best overall fighter. I like the Spitfire also but Mustang was a killer.

Army Bronco
11-24-2013, 12:03 AM
Back on topic, it would be great if 83 gets 2 TDs and at least 8 receptions.

Simple Jaded
11-24-2013, 12:19 AM
Brady yells at rookies and Peyton yells at his all pro center. Please link me to Brady throwing team mates under the bus a la "we had protection problems out there today" we will never agree so whatever.

Rookies are "teammates". To be honest, I couldn't possibly care any less, it's not the QB's job to be nice.

LawDog
11-24-2013, 11:09 AM
The Mustang was the best overall fighter. I like the Spitfire also but Mustang was a killer.
I have always been partial to the F4 Corsair used by the Navy in the Pacific theater. Beautiful airplane and not nearly as finnicky to operate as the Mustang which required very specific starting procedures and was prone to overheating - it wouldn't have performed nearly as well in the South Pacific. Although, if you just want a workhorse to drop ordnance on the bad guys, the A6 Texan was your beast.

NightTrainLayne
11-24-2013, 02:46 PM
My favorite has always been the Lockheed P-38 "Lightning".

Not only did it have distinctive looks, having its guns mounted next to the canopy instead of on the wings, it had a much longer effective shooting range.

SR
11-24-2013, 02:54 PM
I have always been partial to the F4 Corsair used by the Navy in the Pacific theater. Beautiful airplane and not nearly as finnicky to operate as the Mustang which required very specific starting procedures and was prone to overheating - it wouldn't have performed nearly as well in the South Pacific. Although, if you just want a workhorse to drop ordnance on the bad guys, the A6 Texan was your beast.

F-4 was the Phantom. The Corsair was an A-6.

Broncolingus
11-24-2013, 03:15 PM
I hope he goes for 200+ and 3 TDs...

...along with Decker and Thomas too :D

In all seriousness, I hope he doesn't hurt himself further...

Captain Speardog
11-24-2013, 04:25 PM

I encourage them to rest up for their big game at Arrowhead.

I hope you die.

Army Bronco
11-24-2013, 04:40 PM
The Mustang was the best overall fighter. I like the Spitfire also but Mustang was a killer.
I have always been partial to the F4 Corsair used by the Navy in the Pacific theater. Beautiful airplane and not nearly as finnicky to operate as the Mustang which required very specific starting procedures and was prone to overheating - it wouldn't have performed nearly as well in the South Pacific. Although, if you just want a workhorse to drop ordnance on the bad guys, the A6 Texan was your beast.Forgot about the Corsair. When I was a kid I made a model corsair. Damn good plane.

LawDog
11-24-2013, 05:31 PM
F-4 was the Phantom. The Corsair was an A-6.

No, Corsair is F4 also. F4u if built by Chance Vought, F4g for Goodyear, and there was a third but can't remember off top of head.

And if you really want to split hairs, the A6 is the Texan and the A-6 is a jet built by Grumman known as the Intruder.

Magnificent Seven
11-24-2013, 06:08 PM
Welker! Go Execute Them!