PDA

View Full Version : I Am Concerned About the Weather Sunday Night

mouthofsouth
11-22-2013, 02:07 PM
There is no doubt that Peyton Manning is a tough man. He is playing hurt, and it does not seem to affect his performance much. However, the cold and the wind is another thing altogether. Sunday night it is supposed to be 16 degrees with 22 mph wind, which will make the wind chill factor pretty low. Also, how will the 22 mph wind affect the accuracy of passes? I remember the playoff game last year against Baltimore last year when the cold did seem to slow Peyton down somewhat. That is when he started wearing gloves.

Am I the only one worried? I know the Broncos are favored, but should they be, seeing they are playing in Foxboro in such cold weather? What do you think?

WTE
11-22-2013, 02:09 PM
Yes, you should be very worried. Remember how Peyton threw in the cold against Baltimore last year?

GEM
11-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Have you seen the Patriots defense?

WTE
11-22-2013, 02:12 PM
Have you seen the Patriots defense?

Maybe if we still had Wes he could play defense too.

slim
11-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Yes, you should be very worried. Remember how Peyton threw in the cold against Baltimore last year?

Do you remember how Tom threw on the last play of the game last week?

Ravage!!!
11-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Do you remember how Tom threw on the last play of the game last week?

weak and in accurate?

slim
11-22-2013, 02:21 PM
weak and in accurate?

Yeah, I have seen better throws from high school QBs.

powderaddict
11-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Everyone complains about the weather, but nobody does a damn thing about it.

It may be an issue, but it will be an issue for both teams. Nothing can be done about it, so line them up and let them play!

GEM
11-22-2013, 02:23 PM

Hell, right now you'd be better off with a high school DB. :laugh:

Buff
11-22-2013, 02:23 PM
The Patriots team has regressed significantly from last year. They've lost 4 of their best players on both sides of the ball for the season - Wilfork, Mayo, Hernandez and Welker. Then Gronk still is playing back into shape.

They are still a good team, but they are more beatable than they have been the last couple trips to Foxboro.

BroncoNut
11-22-2013, 02:25 PM
it's a legitimate concern mouth of south, but I think Peyton will be going into this game remembering his last road game and a bit of an attitude. these will play to his advantage. I have Denver 37 Patriarchs 23

PatriotsGuy
11-22-2013, 02:27 PM
If you just dress for the weather, you'll be fine.

slim
11-22-2013, 02:28 PM
I agree Pags. Weather is a non-factor, IMO.

BroncoNut
11-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Everyone complains about the weather, but nobody does a damn thing about it.

It may be an issue, but it will be an issue for both teams. Nothing can be done about it, so line them up and let them play!

yeah, but the patriarchs are used to it. it's their altitude.

PatriotsGuy
11-22-2013, 02:29 PM
I agree Pags. Weather is a non-factor, IMO.

I think a nice cardigan will do.

slim
11-22-2013, 02:30 PM

Hoodie with sleeves cut off?

powderaddict

And some Uggs.

BroncoNut

she's talking about the players you goof!!!

PatriotsGuy
11-22-2013, 02:33 PM

oh, well then I can't help you.

slim
11-22-2013, 02:34 PM
I don't think the weather impacts the game as much as people want to believe.

Both teams have to play in it, you know what I mean?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2013, 03:09 PM
The weather here Thursday and today is close to what it will be Sunday night there. Peyton practiced in it. I would imagine we will see more of the running game. Local sportscasters/writers were glad we got the weather we did here, so that the players could practice in game time conditions.

WTE
11-22-2013, 03:13 PM
The weather here Thursday and today is close to what it will be Sunday night there. Peyton practiced in it. I would imagine we will see more of the running game. Local sportscasters/writers were glad we got the weather we did here, so that the players could practice in game time conditions.

But the weather coming into Foxboro will be an Arctic blast. And everyone knows that single digit Arctic air is always colder than single digit Dove Valley air.

BroncoNut
11-22-2013, 03:48 PM
I don't think the weather impacts the game as much as people want to believe.

Both teams have to play in it, you know what I mean?

I do, but think about our advantage at home with the atmosphere. YOu know?

Joel
11-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Right now he could START on your defense. I don't wish injury on anyone, but let's face it, losing Wilfork, Kelly and Mayo for the year has really decimated ya'll, and last injury report I saw out of of Foxborough had Talib Questionable (he looked to be okay when he was hanging onto Steve Smith five days after the play ended though.) It's not a BAD defense, but it's not nearly as good as it was in September, the first time since (at least) '07 ya'lls D looked like the one from the SB "wins."

Between that and Bradys dearth of receivers I like us this week, even on the road. Pity it probably won't matter except for pride: Beat KC and NE can't hurt us; lose and NE can't help us. It's more of a do or die game for ya'll, because at 7-4 you'd probably be a game behind Indy and tied with Cincy, and the Bengals have the head-to-head. "Fourth seeded Patriots" has a nice ring, but third would also be fine. ;)

Northman
11-22-2013, 03:57 PM
But the weather coming into Foxboro will be an Arctic blast. And everyone knows that single digit Arctic air is always colder than single digit Dove Valley air.

Well good news is we dont have to worry about getting jobbed on a tuck rule this year. :)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-22-2013, 03:59 PM

So is he, he's predicting what Brady will be wearing after the game.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2013, 04:01 PM
So is he, he's predicting what Brady will be wearing after the game.

Or maybe under his jersey - so he will be ready for postgame

slim
11-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Or maybe under his jersey - so he will be ready for postgame

Oh, his post game locker room romp doesn't require any clothing :eek:

GEM
11-22-2013, 04:28 PM

Thursday here freaking sucked, it was colder than a mothereffer!!! To the bone freezing!

LawDog
11-22-2013, 04:57 PM

28/43, 290 yds, 3 TD, and 2 Int, completions to 9 different receivers. Yup, he pretty much disappeared...

Brady on Monday night - 29/40, 296 yds, 1 TD, and 1 Int, completions to 7 different receivers.

Feel free to make a valid point any old time.

slim
11-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Yeah, that just happened.

topscribe
11-22-2013, 05:57 PM
You're absolutely right. 28/43 passing for 65.12% comp, 290 yards, 3 TDs, 2 INTs,
one which was not his fault and the other in an OT, which should not have taken
place -- he was terrible in that cold, wasn't he? :rolleyes:

Be worried, WTE. Be very worried . . . :coffee:

topscribe
11-22-2013, 05:59 PM
28/43, 290 yds, 3 TD, and 2 Int, completions to 9 different receivers. Yup, he pretty much disappeared...

Brady on Monday night - 29/40, 296 yds, 1 TD, and 1 Int, completions to 7 different receivers.

Feel free to make a valid point any old time.
Just saw this. You beat me to it. :laugh:

WTE
11-22-2013, 06:05 PM
He didn't pass my eye test guys. Obviously he didn't pass Fox' either. That's why he chose to run the ball on that crucial 3rd and 7.

Ravage!!!
11-22-2013, 06:17 PM
He didn't pass my eye test guys. Obviously he didn't pass Fox' either. That's why he chose to run the ball on that crucial 3rd and 7.

:lol: :lol:

powderaddict
11-22-2013, 06:18 PM
So what is the excuse going to be when the noodle armed old QB beats you guys in the cold weather?

embeeteeay
11-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Ma'am, I think Peyton was wearing gloves last week against KC and those conditions weren't even close to the harsh weather he'll be competing in up in Foxborough this week, so yeah that probably is something to fret about. The Colts opened the roof of the RCA Dome for the first time in ages when he came to town, and he didn't fare so well then either.

Ravage!!!
11-22-2013, 06:20 PM
Ma'am, I think Peyton was wearing gloves last week against KC and those conditions weren't even close to the harsh weather he'll be competing in up in Foxborough this week, so yeah that probably is something to fret about. The Colts opened the roof of the RCA Dome for the first time in ages when he came to town, and he didn't fare so well then either.

Is this a serious post?

WTE
11-22-2013, 06:23 PM
Is this a serious post?

Yes it's a serious post Ravage!!! and I think you should be respectful and welcome our new guest.

PatriotsGuy
11-22-2013, 06:24 PM
So what is the excuse going to be when the noodle armed old QB beats you guys in the cold weather?

Um well Denver is favored and everyone is picking them so yeah

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Um well Denver is favored and everyone is picking them so yeah

This game is a pick em in Foxborough.

slim
11-22-2013, 06:28 PM
Pags is just trying to lay some bad mojo on us. It won't work though.

PatriotsGuy
11-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Pags is just trying to lay some bad mojo on us. It won't work though.

I just found out that I won't be blind and you think that I have an agenda!?!?

topscribe
11-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Oh goodness, you're right.

29/49, 386 yds, 3 TDs, 1 INT

Yeah, fell flat on his face, didn't he? :rolleyes:

WTE
11-22-2013, 07:59 PM
Tops, stats are for losers. Just ask your 1X Super Bowl Champ QB.

Magnificent Seven
11-22-2013, 08:04 PM
I am not worried about Sunday night's weather. Broncos practiced on snowy day in Colorado. They will be fine and well prepared for this Sunday night.

topscribe
11-22-2013, 08:29 PM
Tops, stats are for losers. Just ask your 1X Super Bowl Champ QB.
Yes, when stats fail to support your suppositions, they all the sudden are for losers, aren't they?

WTE
11-22-2013, 08:38 PM
Yes, when stats fail to support your suppositions, they all the sudden are for losers, aren't they?

Stats don't lie Tops. Peyton has been all about a bunch of individual awards and terrific regular season numbers.

But post season accomplishments? Not so much.

topscribe
11-22-2013, 08:57 PM
Stats don't lie Tops. Peyton has been all about a bunch of individual awards and terrific regular season numbers.

But post season accomplishments? Not so much.
You took the words right out of my mouth...er, keyboard. Stats don't lie.
While you are looking at Peyton's W-L record, don't forget to look at his
personal stats.

If Peyton played tennis, golf, or chess, I could see looking at his W-L
record and judging him by that. But in football, the QB, or any other player
on the team, has to have the support of 52 other guys. He can have a
superstar performance (which he did in nearly all of those games), but if
the rest of the team cannot perform with him, they will lose.

And I'm not alone on that premise. Many professional football analysts have
come to the same conclusions. Even your own Rodney Harrison said that if
Manning were the QB for the Patriots all this time, they still would have won
three Super Bowls.

PatriotsGuy
11-22-2013, 09:16 PM
. Even your own Marvin Harrison

omg

WTE
11-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Even your own Marvin Harrison said that if
three Super Bowls.

My own Marvin Harrison??? :confused: He's not mine. That big gun shooting thug is Indy's own.

Anyway, Brady had far less than Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison for most of those years. But I would guess if he had those guys instead of Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney he prolly would have won 5 Super Bowls.

So you see, Marvin Harrison's assumptions are really no better than mine. Try again Tops.

topscribe
11-22-2013, 09:24 PM
omg
You know whom I meant, right? I assume your writing has been error-free?
And I hope that's not all you got out of all I wrote.

topscribe
11-22-2013, 09:28 PM
My own Marvin Harrison??? :confused: He's not mine. That big gun shooting thug is Indy's own.

Anyway, Brady had far less than Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison for most of those years. But I would guess if he had those guys instead of Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney he prolly would have won 5 Super Bowls.

So you see, Marvin Harrison's assumptions are really no better than mine. Try again Tops.
Don't argue the issue. Jump on a typo. Figures.

Nonetheless, I don't place much value on "assumptions," much less yours.
Those who do are not much at critical thinking.

And it's spelled "probably."

WTE
11-22-2013, 09:31 PM
I believe it was your own Eli manning who said that if David Tyree played for the Patriots that NE would have won the Super Bowl in 2007.

WTE
11-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Don't argue the issue. Jump on a typo. Figures.

Nonetheless, I don't place much value on "assumptions," much less yours.
Those who do are not much at critical thinking.

And it's spelled "probably."

But Tops you used Marvin Harrison's assumption as the bulk of your argument. Yet you don't place much value on assumptions?? :confused:

embeeteeay
11-22-2013, 09:37 PM
You know whom I meant, right? I assume your writing has been error-free?
And I hope that's not all you got out of all I wrote.

Ummm I don't know who you meant either, if that sheds any light on your error, Tops.

embeeteeay
11-22-2013, 09:44 PM
You took the words right out of my mouth...er, keyboard. Stats don't lie.
While you are looking at Peyton's W-L record, don't forget to look at his
personal stats.

If Peyton played tennis, golf, or chess, I could see looking at his W-L
record and judging him by that. But in football, the QB, or any other player
on the team, has to have the support of 52 other guys. He can have a
superstar performance (which he did in nearly all of those games), but if
the rest of the team cannot perform with him, they will lose.

And I'm not alone on that premise. Many professional football analysts have
come to the same conclusions. Even your own Marvin Harrison said that if
three Super Bowls.

So, in other words, you feel that Peyton has always played like a superstar, but that the titles evaded him because the rest of the team sucked or failed to play up to his lofty standards?

Naw. I didn't buy that story when Peyton was insinuating it as a Colt, so I ain't buying it now from you. Sorry Tops.

WTE
11-22-2013, 09:45 PM
Then let's talk about his other points. What were they again?? :confused:

Oh yeah, if Peyton was a golfer he would be a better golfer than Marvin Harrison.

Let's discuss that!

embeeteeay
11-22-2013, 09:56 PM
Then let's talk about his other points. What were they again?? :confused:

Oh yeah, if Peyton was a golfer he would be a better golfer than Marvin Harrison.

Let's discuss that!

I was trying very hard to figure out what Tops was trying to get at with his comment.

Then I recalled that pot is legal in Colorado.

Dzone
11-22-2013, 09:58 PM
Getting out of that pussified dome in Indy has made Manning much better and much tougher when it comes to cold...its not going to affect him...I think he actually likes it now

topscribe
11-22-2013, 10:42 PM
Ummm I don't know who you meant either, if that sheds any light on your error, Tops.
That would be " 'whom' you meant."

Now, go away, kid. You bother me.

topscribe
11-22-2013, 10:50 PM
But Tops you used Marvin Harrison's assumption as the bulk of your argument. Yet you don't place much value on assumptions?? :confused:
You are assuming that Rodney Harrison made an assumption, just as you assumed I meant Marvin, even though I said "your own."

See what I mean? Obviously, transformational generative grammar isn't your strong point.

Have a good night.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2013, 10:50 PM
So, in other words, you feel that Peyton has always played like a superstar, but that the titles evaded him because the rest of the team sucked or failed to play up to his lofty standards?

Naw. I didn't buy that story when Peyton was insinuating it as a Colt, so I ain't buying it now from you. Sorry Tops.

It's a proven fact that this happens - John Elway carried teams on his back to the superbowl, but did not win them, until he had a great team around him, and then backtoback SBs.

topscribe
11-22-2013, 10:54 PM
It's a proven fact that this happens - John Elway carried teams on his back to the superbowl, but did not win them, until he had a great team around him, and then backtoback SBs.
I'm afraid we may be getting a bit too deep for these people now.

It's late. I'm outta here. :wave:

NightTerror218
11-22-2013, 10:56 PM
I am not too worried Moreno is going to have a carrier game and ball will have his coming out party (not the Brady trype of coming out party). Wilfork, Kelly, and Mayo all injured.

Banged up Spikes, Ninkovitch and Talib make it even better.

embeeteeay
11-23-2013, 12:04 AM

Just how closely did you follow the Colts Super Bowl run in 2006?

embeeteeay
11-23-2013, 12:07 AM
I am not too worried Moreno is going to have a carrier game and ball will have his coming out party (not the Brady trype of coming out party). Wilfork, Kelly, and Mayo all injured.

Banged up Spikes, Ninkovitch and Talib make it even better.

He's a great, great running back.

I really hope Knowshon is a noshow.

Dzone
11-23-2013, 12:35 AM
Montee Ball is going over 100 yards Sunday

Poet
11-23-2013, 02:01 AM
Montee Ball is going over 100 yards Sunday

Do you think that he's going to get more touches than Moreno?

WTE
11-23-2013, 07:15 AM

Denver had excellent teams back in the days of the losses. It's just that SF, Washington and NYG were slightly better teams but with much better coaching.

Now you guys finally won in the late 90's. Atlanta was one of the teams you beat. Let's use them as an example. Do you think the Dirty Birds were anything close in terms of talent and quality of coaching to any of the previous three aforementioned teams?

I think not. And I believe you remember who the HC of the Atlanta Falcons was.

BroncoJoe
11-23-2013, 11:54 AM
In a game with far colder temperatures, the final was 38-35. We'll be fine.

Ravage!!!
11-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Denver had excellent teams back in the days of the losses. It's just that SF, Washington and NYG were slightly better teams but with much better coaching.

How many Pro-bowlers did we have on offense during those first 3 Super Bowl runs?

artie_dale
11-23-2013, 01:00 PM
I believe that Tom Brady is a better QB in the cold. But, our physical DBs should be able to throw off their WR corps. The fact that Vince Wilfork isn't there to plug the line means we can have a balanced attack (run & pass). The Fact that Talib is injured, will allow D.Thomas & Decker to produce. And finally the "Cold X-Factor" is Wes Welker. If Belichek is smart (which I think he is), I think he will put extra attention on Welker, for two reasons. One, because he knows that Wes can be productive in the slot and in the cold. Two, to save face and make sure Welker doesn't come back and puts up big numbers against the team that didn't resign him.

I think we match up well and I think as long as Julius Thomas is healthy, he will be the fallback if Welker gets shut down (I think Belichek would rather shut Welker down (Peyton too) and lose than focus too much on anyone else.

Dzone
11-23-2013, 01:16 PM
Do you think that he's going to get more touches than Moreno?
No.

NightTrainLayne
11-23-2013, 03:25 PM

Now you guys finally won in the late 90's. Atlanta was one of the teams you beat. Let's use them as an example. Do you think the Dirty Birds were anything close in terms of talent and quality of coaching to any of the previous three aforementioned teams?

Lmao.

You conveniently leave out our victory over Green Bay at the pinnacle of that teams strength.

We can't help that Atlanta lucked out and got in the Super Bowl, but we dispatched them with ease. It was not a close game won on a last second field goal.

Should we review the teams you all beat in your Super Bowl victories? How do they compare to the teams you lost to?

Dzone
11-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Montee Ball played in some cold in Wisconsin. He is made for this kind of game. Emphasis on run game tomorrow with Ball breaking away for some big gains.
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Balls-Rookie-Journal-Two-TDs/2abdbbb8-608a-4907-8148-78df95ca11b4

Dzone
11-23-2013, 03:31 PM
How many Pro-bowlers did we have on offense during those first 3 Super Bowl runs?
Riley Odoms?

topscribe
11-23-2013, 05:04 PM
Sammy Winder
Keith Bishop
Karl Mecklenburg
Rulon Jones
Dennis Smith

Oh, and some dude named Elway.

And a lot of garbage supporting them . . .

DenBronx
11-23-2013, 06:01 PM

You dont know what you're talking about.

SF a slightly better team then the garbage team Elway put on his back and carried to the SB??? That SF was one of the most dominant teams in history, ever. It would have beat your Patriot SB teams.

WTE
11-23-2013, 06:25 PM
They weren't called the Orange Crush for nothing guys. It's just too bad you had a coach who couldn't coach in the Big One. Either in Denver or ATL.

Denver was just out coached.

WTE
11-23-2013, 06:27 PM

How many Pro-Bowlers did NE have on offense during their 3 SB victories? You point is moot.

Slick
11-23-2013, 06:34 PM
They weren't called the Orange Crush for nothing guys. It's just too bad you had a coach who couldn't coach in the Big One. Either in Denver or ATL.

Denver was just out coached.

The Orange Crush defense was the'77 team. The 86,87 and 89 bronco defenses were not the Orange Crush.

WTE
11-23-2013, 06:39 PM
The Orange Crush defense was the'77 team. The 86,87 and 89 bronco defenses were not the Orange Crush.

They were called the Orange Crush in these parts.

Dzone
11-23-2013, 06:44 PM
I think the Broncos that made the pro bowl in that Miraculous 77 season were tom jackson, Randy Gradishar, Billy Thompson, Louis wright and lyle alzado...Iirc. On Offense, I dont think they had any pro bowlers unless morton made it. Haven Moses? Nawww I dont remember...Worst play in that SB was prob butch johnson catching that bomb from staubach for a td. I dunno, there were lots of awful plays in that game. It was a nightmare

WTE
11-23-2013, 07:11 PM
It was a nightmare

Yes it was a nightmare. I was 12 yrs old. Everyone in my Jr. High was picking the Cowboys. I decided to buck the odds and go w/ Denver and even bet $10.00 on them. I lost. That was a lot of snow shoveling money back then.

My despise w/ Denver started w/ that very loss.

PatriotsGuy
11-23-2013, 07:24 PM
it's pretty cold out there right now

MOtorboat
11-23-2013, 07:34 PM
it's pretty cold out there right now

LOL

It's not even below freezing you pansy. http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Manchester+NH+USNH0136:1:US

Dzone
11-23-2013, 07:37 PM
Mannings stats have improved since he started playing outside...The colder the better for the new manning

PatriotsGuy
11-23-2013, 07:38 PM
LOL

It's not even below freezing you pansy. http://www.weather.com/weather/today/Manchester+NH+USNH0136:1:US

oh it felt colder with the wind XD

MOtorboat
11-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Yes it was a nightmare. I was 12 yrs old. Everyone in my Jr. High was picking the Cowboys. I decided to buck the odds and go w/ Denver and even bet $10.00 on them. I lost. That was a lot of snow shoveling money back then.

My despise w/ Denver started w/ that very loss.

Was Junior High where your failure with the English language began too?

WTE
11-23-2013, 07:51 PM
Was Junior High where your failure with the English language began too?

Do you relate to Iggy Pop?

MOtorboat
11-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Do you relate to Iggy Pop?

I don't know anything about Iggy Pop old man.

dogfish
11-23-2013, 07:55 PM
I do, but think about our advantage at home with the atmosphere. YOu know?

that's "altitude," nut. . .

more like he would have won none, like when he had randy moss, wes welker, gronkowski, hernandez and lloyd. . . ;)

Obviously, transformational generative grammar isn't your strong point.

Have a good night.

wicked burn, top. . .

PatriotsGuy
11-23-2013, 08:07 PM
Hey Mo, it's snowing. What now?

MOtorboat
11-23-2013, 08:15 PM

Make some hot cocoa?

ShaneFalco
11-23-2013, 08:53 PM
snowed here this week, im sure they got some reps in the snow.

dogfish
11-23-2013, 09:24 PM

call the peasants to come shovel your drive?

WTE
11-23-2013, 09:57 PM
call the peasants to come shovel your drive?

Pags bought a snowblower so try again. Pags is now one of us.

embeeteeay
11-23-2013, 11:56 PM
Latest weather forecast for Foxboro calls for a temp of 21°F at game time, dropping during the night to a possible low of 14°F. Winds 17 to 25 mph, with gusts to 35 mph.

That puts the windchill at about 0°F

Perfect.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-24-2013, 02:25 AM
Latest weather forecast for Foxboro calls for a temp of 21°F at game time, dropping during the night to a possible low of 14°F. Winds 17 to 25 mph, with gusts to 35 mph.

That puts the windchill at about 0°F

Perfect.
Yeah, perfect for Denver since their front 7 is light years better. :laugh:

Dzone
11-24-2013, 02:35 AM
Cold weather favors Manning and the Broncos D. Brady had better be ready to get hit a lot. Von Miller got chastised a bit by Del Rio. It doesnt look good for Brady. He is going to have a rough night.

WTE
11-24-2013, 08:58 AM
Broncos fans wake up to a PFT headline they fear the most.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/24/peyton-has-been-less-than-perfect-in-the-cold/

PatriotsGuy
11-24-2013, 09:09 AM
Just took the dog for a walk. It's 4 with the wind chill. It was refreshing.

WTE
11-24-2013, 09:24 AM
This picture of Peyton Manning was taken during yesterday's Quarterback's meeting in New England.

Slick
11-24-2013, 10:48 AM
You guys are hoping the weather wins the game for you?

LawDog
11-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Peyton relies on a precision offense with route running and timing being crisp an essential part of his success. I'm no scientist, but I am pretty sure the other kids on Peyton's offense play in the exact same weather as Peyton. To lay it all on him is a tad shallow in the logic department. We will see tonite if Peyton and Gase can execute a game plan that is successful.

On the other side of the ball, I am confident that the Broncos defense will keep a lid on Tommy tantrum and his merry band of misfits.

PatriotsGuy
11-24-2013, 10:57 AM
You guys are hoping the weather wins the game for you?

Of course not! The Patriots are toast http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

MOtorboat
11-24-2013, 10:58 AM

Unjinx.

Slick
11-24-2013, 11:00 AM
That reverse psychology stuff isn't becoming of you Pags.

PatriotsGuy
11-24-2013, 11:17 AM

WTF?! Objectively look at the matchups. That's what I'm doing!

Slick
11-24-2013, 11:20 AM

I don't believe you. Mo is on to you. So was Ravage. You're being pessimistic so that if you lose, it won't hurt as bad, and if you win, you can laugh at us in fake disbelief.

turftoad
11-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Yeah Pags. Your mind games don't work with us.

topscribe
11-24-2013, 12:15 PM
Lol - I hope people keep on believing Peyton is bad in cold weather, especially
opponents. If only they wouldn't look up the charts where Peyton passed for
300 yards and 3 TDs in the last really cold game . . .

embeeteeay
11-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Broncos fans wake up to a PFT headline they fear the most.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/24/peyton-has-been-less-than-perfect-in-the-cold/

Great article. The headline is a little bit of an understatement, isn't it?

The cold will help the Pats try to stay competitive with this Denver offense because Peyton does, undisputedly, have some problems with cold weather. But the element that could really spell trouble for the incredibly gifted Broncos is the wind!

I was watching some highlights of Broncs in action this year and it was amazing how many of Peyton's passes are wobblers. Is it fair to say that his passes tend not to be the tight spirals of say, a Tom Brady? If so, the strong gusty winds predicted for Sunday night in Foxboro could play havoc with the Denver game plan.

I sure hope so or otherwise NE will have to win a shootout against the formidable Broncos by hoping Brady and the receivers can torch the Denver D repeatedly.

ShaneFalco
11-24-2013, 12:18 PM
well at least you got keshawn on your side.

embeeteeay
11-24-2013, 12:19 PM
I don't believe you. Mo is on to you. So was Ravage. You're being pessimistic so that if you lose, it won't hurt as bad, and if you win, you can laugh at us in fake disbelief.

After digesting that comment, I'm going to start calling you Sick

embeeteeay
11-24-2013, 12:24 PM

Sounds like you're in a No Win situation with these Denver guys.

I'm worried too, just like you. And the Pats are underdogs in their own house. Why wouldn't we all be concerned with another match up with Peyton and that incredible offense?

MOtorboat
11-24-2013, 12:30 PM

Well, he hasn't been good.

1. The Patriots couldn't have ordered up a better weather forecast for Sunday night against Peyton Manning and the Broncos -- icy cold and windy. Temperatures are expected to be in the teens at night, with winds possibly gusting around 20 miles per hour. ESPN's statistical database goes back to 2001 and computes that Manning is 2-5 in games when the temperature is 32 degrees or lower at kickoff (including playoffs), with six touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Add in three more sub-32-degree games from the 1998-2000 seasons, and Manning is 3-7 lifetime in those situations, with 11 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. (Thanks to Paul Phillips of ESPN's Stats & Information for the legwork on Manning's performance in sub-32 degree temperatures.)

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4753778/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-patriots-10?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

WTE
11-24-2013, 12:38 PM

Tops, in last years frigid playoff game against Baltimore it appeared to me that Peyton started the game very sharp. But as the night wore on and the temperatures continued to drop it appeared to this astute observer that Peyton was becoming increasingly inaccurate.

His throws were more wobbly, off target and often short. I believe his INT that sealed your fate was a perfect example how the cold weather affects Peyton more than most NFL QB's.

It was my pleasure enlightening you once again Tops.

SR
11-24-2013, 12:39 PM

It reeks of fear

embeeteeay
11-24-2013, 12:54 PM
If it weren't for the remote possibility that Peyton will once again be slowed down by the elements, I wouldn't mind seeing Belichick just concede this game to Denver before kickoff, to avoid any further NE injuries.

Broncolingus
11-24-2013, 05:20 PM
There is no doubt that Peyton Manning is a tough man. He is playing hurt, and it does not seem to affect his performance much. However, the cold and the wind is another thing altogether. Sunday night it is supposed to be 16 degrees with 22 mph wind, which will make the wind chill factor pretty low. Also, how will the 22 mph wind affect the accuracy of passes? I remember the playoff game last year against Baltimore last year when the cold did seem to slow Peyton down somewhat. That is when he started wearing gloves.

Am I the only one worried? I know the Broncos are favored, but should they be, seeing they are playing in Foxboro in such cold weather? What do you think?

OL needs to simply do what it did with KC...

...no Patsie should get within 10-yards of Mr. Manning all night.

PatriotsGuy
11-24-2013, 05:50 PM
It's chilly out there

topscribe
11-24-2013, 06:00 PM
Well, he hasn't been good.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4753778/quick-hit-thoughts-around-nfl-patriots-10?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
You're right. 300 yards and 3 TDs is never a good performance . . .

SR
11-24-2013, 06:02 PM

And two picks and a fumble

wayninja
11-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Forecast calls for a rain of touchdowns and hurricane of pain.

MOtorboat
11-24-2013, 06:09 PM

Yes, because cherry-picking one game, and only half the stats from that one game, proves the point that he's been outstanding in cold weather.

PatriotsGuy
11-24-2013, 06:19 PM

I was hoping for something with gummi bears maybe like a gaggle of gummi bears? I like them.

wayninja
11-24-2013, 06:24 PM
I was hoping for something with gummi bears maybe like a gaggle of gummi bears? I like them.

I don't have stats on how Manning plays in gummi candies.

MOtorboat
11-24-2013, 06:25 PM
@VicLombardi So windy in Foxborough they can't even unfurl the giant flag for the anthem. Good luck throwing deep.

PatriotsGuy
11-24-2013, 06:28 PM
I don't have stats on how Manning plays in gummi candies.

I bet he's the best at it!!

wayninja
11-24-2013, 06:42 PM
I bet he's the best at it!!

As opposed to raining phalluses, which clearly favors Brady

PatriotsGuy
11-24-2013, 06:50 PM
I see you have been under the tutelage of slim.

wayninja
11-24-2013, 06:54 PM
I see you have been under the tutelage of slim.

To be fair, It doesn't take much apprenticeship to recognize the powerful, nuclear affinity Tom has for penises.

PatriotsGuy
11-24-2013, 06:59 PM
To be fair, It doesn't take much apprenticeship to recognize the powerful, nuclear affinity Tom has for penises.

I'm sure when he is having sex with his super model in his castle this hurts him real bad!

wayninja
11-24-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm sure when he is having sex with his super model in his castle this hurts him real bad!

Depends on the size of strap-on she uses

BroncoNut
11-24-2013, 07:18 PM
man, Waninja aint messing around in here.

Joel
11-24-2013, 07:21 PM
Is this good enough? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyCHBTp1V_U

embeeteeay
11-24-2013, 07:23 PM

I'm confused, and would like to get this resolved before KO....Is that sort of talk allowed outside of your smack forum?

If not, why don't we ask to have the Game day thread moved to Smack?

MOtorboat
11-24-2013, 07:31 PM
I'm confused, and would like to get this resolved before KO....Is that sort of talk allowed outside of your smack forum?

Do us all a favor and just go away during the game...

Slick
11-24-2013, 07:32 PM

AGap made a thread in the lounge just for you. You're at a Bronco forum. Do you think we want a bunch of Pats fans talking smack in our gameday thread?

embeeteeay
11-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Do us all a favor and just go away during the game...

No way!

My teams playing in this game and after all, it is called the "Game Day thread".

BroncoWave
11-24-2013, 07:34 PM
Does anything else think this "embeeteeay" character is Bojangles?

embeeteeay
11-24-2013, 07:34 PM
AGap made a thread in the lounge just for you. You're at a Bronco forum. Do you think we want a bunch of Pats fans talking smack in our gameday thread?

What's the Lounge?

Are you going to be there, too, Sick?

embeeteeay
11-24-2013, 07:35 PM

What's Bojangles?

Denver Native (Carol)
11-24-2013, 07:38 PM
No way!

My teams playing in this game and after all, it is called the "Game Day thread".

Doesn't your team have a "Game Day Thread" of their own?

Simple Jaded
11-24-2013, 07:41 PM
Anyone wanna bet that Jingles is going back and forth on the Pats MB giving everybody there a play-by-play update on all the witty banter?

Slick
11-24-2013, 07:46 PM
I changed my stance on Bojangles after a while. He wasn't that bad. WTE has gotten on my nerves worse than that guy. This guy is a tool.

BroncoWave
11-24-2013, 07:48 PM
I changed my stance on Bojangles after a while. He wasn't that bad. WTE has gotten on my nerves worse than that guy. This guy is a tool.

At least WTE owns the fact that he is a troll. BJ tried to act like he wasn't a troll and acted shocked and offended about being called one, despite the fact that it's clearly what he was doing. That was way more annoying IMO.

topscribe
11-24-2013, 07:57 PM
Right. Did you watch the game? The first pick was not his fault. The fumble was
when he was trying to pass the ball. As Peyton himself said that he's never
figured out how to hang onto the ball when he has it extended trying to pass
the ball. That fumble was on the blocking -- or lack of it.

The second interception, which was Peyton's fault, should never had to happen.
He had already won the game with a fourth-quarter TD drive. It wasn't he who
allowed Flacco's 70-yard moonshot to be completed.

So, over the course of the game, Peyton passed for 290 yards and 3 TDs. And
the comeback is "two picks and a fumble"? And that's it? Peyton played a great
game on that day. He was close to the only Bronco who did.

Slick
11-24-2013, 07:59 PM
At least WTE owns the fact that he is a troll. BJ tried to act like he wasn't a troll and acted shocked and offended about being called one, despite the fact that it's clearly what he was doing. That was way more annoying IMO.

True. The "who, me, trolling you guys?" was unbecoming.

PatriotsGuy
11-24-2013, 07:59 PM
Is this good enough? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyCHBTp1V_U

I like that! I want those vitamins!!

Simple Jaded
11-24-2013, 08:02 PM
Right. Did you watch the game? The first pick was not his fault. The fumble was
when he was trying to pass the ball. As Peyton himself said that he's never
figured out how to hang onto the ball when he has it extended trying to pass
the ball. That fumble was on the blocking -- or lack of it.

The third interception, which was Peyton's fault, should never had to happen.
He had already won the game with a fourth-quarter TD drive. It wasn't he who
allowed Flacco's 70-yard moonshot to be completed.

So, over the course of the game, Peyton passed for 290 yards and 3 TDs. And
the comeback is "two picks and a fumble"? And that's it? Peyton played a great
game on that day. He was close to the only Bronco who did.
One of his fumbles he was down, iirc.

wayninja
11-24-2013, 08:09 PM

Weather forecasts are allowed. Stupid questions are heavily frowned upon.

Captain Speardog
11-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Manning has been doing all his workouts in the cold.

http://i.imgur.com/TQJxJGT.gif

with mixed results.

topscribe
11-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Weather forecasts are allowed. Stupid questions are heavily frowned upon.

Lol - Great burn

dogfish
11-24-2013, 08:57 PM
hey guys, can i ge an updated forecast?

looks like the ball is too cold for the pansies to hold onto. . . :heh:

WTE
11-24-2013, 09:13 PM
hey guys, can i ge an updated forecast?

looks like the ball is too cold for the pansies to hold onto. . . :heh:

Hi Dog. How are you?

wayninja
11-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Don't fall for it, Dog, it's a trap.

WTE
11-24-2013, 09:19 PM
Don't fall for it, Dog, it's a trap.

Hi Ninja. How are you?

wayninja
11-24-2013, 09:23 PM
I'm terrible, my team is playing like shit. You?

WTE
11-24-2013, 09:27 PM
I'm terrible, my team is playing like shit. You?

Well I wouldn't worry. There's still a lot football left.

Hang in there buddy.

SR
11-24-2013, 10:07 PM
Well I wouldn't worry. There's still a lot football left. Hang in there buddy.

More time for Denver to run up the score on the coach who is notorious for running up the score

WTE
11-24-2013, 11:04 PM
More time for Denver to run up the score on the coach who is notorious for running up the score

Bwa Ha Ha! Scoreboard!!!!

wayninja
11-24-2013, 11:11 PM
The joke's on you, I find crow delicious.

DenBronx
11-25-2013, 12:35 AM
Cold weather and Brady.

Are these two things Mannings kryptonite?

Simple Jaded
11-25-2013, 12:37 AM
Manning looked fine to me, he made all the passes they said he can't make.

Broncolingus
11-25-2013, 12:41 AM
Cold weather and Brady.

That is a statistical fact now I think...

...not 'all' Manning's fault, but he is no where near the passer he is when outside and in cold weather.

DenBronx
11-25-2013, 12:48 AM
That is a statistical fact now I think...

...not 'all' Manning's fault, but he is no where near the passer he is when outside and in cold weather.

I can't argue it anymore. Until I see him win against those odds I will believe it as a fact. I love Manning but those are two concerns.

Now, if he can beat the odds in the playoffs I will change my tune. Right now I must say these two things seem to get the better of him.

We can blame it on Holliday, we can blame it on DRC diving and injuring himself, we can blame it on anything else but in the end Manning was still way off on many throws, threw an INT and just looked overall frustrated at times.

Had he got the ball who knows. He seemed to collect himself in overtime but we still lost.

Best case scenario now is we win out and NE loses a few games to fall to 3rd seed.

Joel
11-25-2013, 01:17 AM
It'll be cold in Arrowhead next week; the temperature for KCs noon game was about what it was for our night game (but there was far less wind.) It'll be cold for every Broncos home game, especially in the playoffs. Not for the first time, I wonder what Manning was thinking when he signed with us. I guess he really got used to having Indys dome for the playoffs (except, of course, against Brady, and we all know how THAT went EVERY time, though he only won by 4 the time they played in Indy.) I mean, Eli has won playoff games at Lambeau, and he's a far lesser passer.

Oh, and if it needs to be said: It'll be cold for the SB, though it's an open question whether that'll be our problem. Concerns about the weather weren't merely justified, but vindicated. :(

wayninja
11-25-2013, 01:17 AM
I honestly think the wind was WAY more a factor than the cold. I think people are making too much of the temp.

Joel
11-25-2013, 01:46 AM
Manning looked fine to me, he made all the passes they said he can't make.
Yeah, 19/36 for 150 yds, 2 TDs and an Int; studly. I'm not gonna say whose numbers those are reminiscent of, 'cause you already know. ;)

WTE
11-25-2013, 07:53 AM
I honestly think the wind was WAY more a factor than the cold. I think people are making too much of the temp.

Against the wind: Peyton Manning 6 for 16, 1 INT and a passer rating of 19.

PatriotsGuy
11-25-2013, 10:43 AM

♫ ♪ It seems like yesterday
But it was long ago
Janey was lovely, she was the queen of my nights
There in the darkness with the radio playlng low!♪ ♫

Dzone
11-25-2013, 10:47 AM
Discussion on radio is Peytons bad body language during cold games... Like you can see that he hates it

embeeteeay
11-25-2013, 11:07 AM
Discussion on radio is Peytons bad body language during cold games... Like you can see that he hates it

There's no question he hates the cold. What the hell, he's a Southern boy.

But IMO what he hates even worse is, in no particular order:

Foxboro
Gillette Stadium
Bill Belichick's genius and
Tom Brady

I thought when NE scored their second straight TD, you could see it all in Manning's face...."Here we go again", like in a bad dream.

I realize he probably felt like shit after the game, but it would have been nice to have seen him at least pretend to congratulate Brady on the (incredible) performance he put on when they met on the field.

But, having said that, I do sort of feel for all you Denver fans and the pain of having that one snatched away after getting ahead by so many points, as we experienced in the 2006 AFC championship.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-25-2013, 11:10 AM
There's no question he hates the cold. What the hell, he's a Southern boy.

But IMO what he hates even worse is, in no particular order:

Foxboro
Gillette Stadium
Bill Belichick's genius and
Tom Brady

I thought when NE scored their second straight TD, you could see it all in Manning's face...."Here we go again", like in a bad dream.

I realize he probably felt like shit after the game, but it would have been nice to have seen him at least pretend to congratulate Brady on the (incredible) performance he put on when they met on the field.

But, having said that, I do sort of feel for all you Denver fans and the pain of having that one snatched away after getting ahead by so many points, as we experienced in the 2006 AFC championship.

He shook Brady's hand at mid field and congratulated him. What more do you expect?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-25-2013, 11:11 AM

He just doesn't have the arm strength to throw into the wind. Fortunately, those are probably the worst conditions we'll face the rest of the year.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-25-2013, 11:12 AM
Cold weather and Brady.

Foxborough.....why the freak are we always in Foxborough? 3 out of the last 4 games have been in Foxborough, and next year is as well. What the freak?

topscribe
11-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Foxborough.....why the freak are we always in Foxborough? 3 out of the last 4 games have been in Foxborough, and next year is as well. What the freak?
It has gotten old, for sure. I haven't investigated it, but I'll bet that the Broncos
and Patriots games are the only ones where the Broncos are scheduled to play
THERE every year. :tsk:

PatriotsGuy
11-25-2013, 11:23 AM
It has gotten old, for sure. I haven't investigated it, but I'll bet that the Broncos

It's part of the vast conspiracy

topscribe
11-25-2013, 11:43 AM
It's part of the vast conspiracy
BTW, what I said about the Pats' fans does have a few exceptions, PAGS. You are one.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
11-25-2013, 11:56 AM

It's not our fault that we are better are beating the teams on our schedule during the regular season than the Patriots

WTE
11-25-2013, 12:11 PM

Well I remember during the Steve Grogan/Tony Eason era NE always seemed to be in Denver. I will check that and get back to you Tops.

embeeteeay
11-25-2013, 12:26 PM
He shook Brady's hand at mid field and congratulated him. What more do you expect?

They're supposedly friends, so yeah I would have expected maybe a little more. Their exchange lasted about 2 seconds, tops. Is that really how friends act?

wayninja
11-25-2013, 12:27 PM
They're supposedly friends, so yeah I would have expected maybe a little more. Their exchange lasted about 2 seconds, tops. Is that really how friends act?

Jesus. Really?

Maybe Manning just doesn't have the arm strength for a prolonged handshake.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
11-25-2013, 12:29 PM

Manning just didn't want Brady to get the idea that he was out of the friend's zone. Brady does love ****.

topscribe
11-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Doesn't mean a thing. That's about how long Peyton's exchange with Eli lasted . . .

embeeteeay
11-25-2013, 12:37 PM
Jesus. Really?

That's a distinct possibility. Maybe it was the temperature?

PatriotsGuy
11-25-2013, 12:41 PM
They text each other all the time

artie_dale
11-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Has this been posted in here yet?

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/11/14/5102238/peyton-manning-plays-lousy-in-cold-weather-myth-or-fact

Simple Jaded
11-26-2013, 12:55 AM

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/11/14/5102238/peyton-manning-plays-lousy-in-cold-weather-myth-or-fact

Golic said this morning that since 2001 Peyton Manning has the best QBR of any QB in games of 40 or below weather. The wind has been an issue, according the Dilfer and Hasselbeck.

Joel
11-26-2013, 01:12 AM

I tend to trust FO because they have a good foundation and approach, do good research, don't cherry pick and generally know their stuff. All that said, I am kinda curious how MHR concluded Manning's 8-6 in 13 30-40° games. Did he lose (or win) a game TWICE? :confused:

embeeteeay
11-26-2013, 09:20 AM
Jesus. Really?

No, I think he was pissed.

Mike
11-26-2013, 10:44 AM

Meh. All that matters to me is how Peyton looks after the injury. I could care less about his record before the injury. And from what I have seen, he is clearly not the same QB in very cold weather. I will hope for the best, but if the weather is frigid then I will expect poor play from him and most likely a loss for Denver.

topscribe
11-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Meh. All that matters to me is how Peyton looks after the injury. I could care less about his record before the injury. And from what I have seen, he is clearly not the same QB in very cold weather. I will hope for the best, but if the weather is frigid then I will expect poor play from him and most likely a loss for Denver.
I think you're being a bit pessimistic. Several others and I have
called attention to Mannings' performance against Baltimore. He
actually played very well in frigid weather. He had 290 yards and
three TDs and conducted an outstanding game-winning fourth
quarter TD drive.

And please don't bring up 2 INTs and a fumble. The fumble took
place while he was trying to pass. That was on the one who
whiffed his block. The first INT was not his fault. The pass was on
the money, and the defender had Decker's arm pinned to his side.
Only the third INT was Manning's fault -- in an OT that should not
have been.

This last Sunday, Manning played well at times. Well, Brady played
well at times, i.e., in the third quarter. Brady threw some floppy
balls, and he couldn't do anything in the first half, the fourth
quarter, or overtime. The fact is, no quarterback plays as well in
frigid weather.

The Broncos ran the ball because they could run it. When you
can get 280 yards on the ground, why pass it?

So there you have some post-injury facts. All this garbage about
Manning being a bad QB in cold weather is paranoia, IMO.

Joel
11-26-2013, 11:46 AM
quarter TD drive.

have been.

frigid weather.

Brady completed 68% of his passes for nearly 344 yds and 3 TDs with NO Ints. He wasn't perfect every time, because he's human, but he was DARNED good the vast majority of the time. If Manning had been HALF as good we win that game. Bradys PR was 105.6; Mannings was 70.4. Are we seriously going to pretend those are REMOTELY comparable?

As for last years playoff, it's only a game winning drive if it WINS; his didn't. If anything, a second conversion on our last regulation drive would've won it. Too bad. 290 yds in five quarters isn't exactly stellar; that scrub Flacco had more—with NO picks. Hence a 116.2 PR to Mannings 88.3. It would be far easier to believe Manning did as well as anyone under those conditions if his counterparts hadn't done much better.

Mike
11-26-2013, 11:47 AM
quarter TD drive.

have been.

frigid weather.

I could be wrong. But I can only say what I see with my eyes. Hopefully I am wrong. But I am solidly in the doubter category for now.

topscribe
11-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Brady completed 68% of his passes for nearly 344 yds and 3 TDs with NO Ints. He wasn't perfect eery time, because he's human, but he was DARNED good the vast majority of the time. If Manning had been HALF as good we win that game. Bradys PR was 105.6; Mannings was 70.4. Are we seriously going to pretend those are REMOTELY comparable?

As for last years playoff, it's only a game winning drive if it WINS; his didn't. If anything, a second conversion on our last regulation drive would've won it. Too bad. 290 yds in five quarters isn't exactly stellar; that scrub Flacco had more—with NO picks. Hence a 116.2 PR to Mannings 88.3. It would be far easier to believe Manning did as well as anyone under those conditions if his counterparts hadn't done much better.
I didn't draw any one-on-one comparisons. I didn't claim that Brady didn't
outplay Manning in the game. He did. But I went by the eyeball test. Brady
could not get the ball across the goal line except in the third quarter. That
is a fact. And he looked scared and resigned in the first half.

Looking at the stats is fine, but the fact is, both offenses sputtered except
for flashes here and there. In the end, the Broncos had the better offense:
They could run the ball, and NE could not. But for a third-quarter defensive
break down (albeit twice on a short field) and turnovers, the Broncos
outplayed the Pats and should have won the game.

embeeteeay
11-26-2013, 12:43 PM

You could not possibly have been watching the same game as I was if you came away with that crazy notion that Denver played a better game than NE and deserved the win.

NE rushed for over 100 yards to balance the O out and passed for considerably more than twice the Broncos. In addition, they, not Denver, were the team that came back, under atrocious conditions, from a 24-0 score to take the victory. So where in heck do you conclude that they were outplayed? I mean, it isn't as if Denver had to do a whole lot to reap those 24 points, right?

topscribe
11-26-2013, 12:48 PM
You could not possibly have been watching the same game as I was if you came away with that crazy notion that Denver played a better game than NE and deserved the win.

NE rushed for over 100 yards to balance the O out and passed for considerably more than twice the Broncos. In addition, they, not Denver, were the team that came back, under atrocious conditions, from a 24-0 score to take the victory. So where in heck do you conclude that they were outplayed?
Take away two short fields, and where would the Patriots have been?
Moreno doubled NE's rushing total by himself. And that was all game long,
not just a spurt on two short fields.

NE's victory was sheer luck, dumb luck. Manning had the final drive, but
for a freak mishap on the punt return in OT. And you should know what
usually happens when Manning has the final drive.

Joel
11-26-2013, 02:14 PM

They had the same number of points off turnovers as we did: 17. The difference is their offense also delivered 17 pts on its own, while the #1 offense only managed 14. That's despite the fact we had:

Better blocking
Better receivers
Better pass rush
Better secondary
MUCH better running

Their return game was better than ours (not that that's saying much,) and obviously the crowd was on their side, but apart from that we had them hopelessly in EVERY PHASE OF THE GAME. Yet we lost, because we only managed 1 TD in the last three quarters, even with >220 yds and >6 yds/carry from our starting back.

Eye test, sure: Manning was WAY off target on most of his throws, hence he barely completed half rather than Bradys 68%. There were dirtballs, an Int thrown behind Decker, and more overthrows than I can count. Some of those were leaping balls our WRs dropped when they normally make the catch, but many weren't even in range of a pro WRs leaps. Manning barely averaged 4 yds/attempt; as noted when KC did it last week, if the QBs average is lower than the RBs, something is badly wrong with the QB. Check pretty much ANY close up of Mannings face in that game: Does it pass the eye test?