PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning, Wes Welker return to frigid practice with Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
11-21-2013, 02:51 PM
As expected, Peyton Manning returned to the Broncos' frigid practice on Thursday. With the temperature hovering around 20 degrees and piles of snow pushed to the sides of the field, players were bundled up to fight the conditions that aren't too far off from what they'll face at New England on Sunday.

Manning wasn't the only player to return to practice Thursday. Tight ends Julius Thomas and Joel Dreessen and receiver Wes Welker, all of whom sat Wednesday, were able to take the field. Welker, who's suffering from a concussion, was participating in the wide receiver drills, as was Dreessen with the tight ends. Thomas, though he had his helmet with him, was doing little more than watching his position group during the media viewing period.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24572666/peyton-manning-returns-frigid-practice-broncos

Joel
11-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Any word from the doctors on Welker? Was good to see Champ making a cut on snow; presumably he really is "close," though how close remains to be seen.

NightTrainLayne
11-21-2013, 04:07 PM
Any word from the doctors on Welker? Was good to see Champ making a cut on snow; presumably he really is "close," though how close remains to be seen.

We won't know until Saturday probably. He has to go through the "protocol", and then be cleared by an independent neurologist.

WTE
11-21-2013, 04:28 PM
My Sources say Julius is walking very gingerly.

underrated29
11-21-2013, 04:36 PM
My Sources say Julius is walking very sexily.

Whose the source, Brady?

Northman
11-21-2013, 04:55 PM
Whose the source, Brady?

Doubt it, i think he is still whining to the refs.

DenBronx
11-21-2013, 05:06 PM
My Sources say Julius is walking very gingerly.

You're scared of him....I can tell.

Ravage!!!
11-21-2013, 06:29 PM
My sources say his sources don't know shit.

WTE
11-21-2013, 09:08 PM
You're scared of him....I can tell.

Julius is very good. That's why I was pleased to hear from my sources that his walking is very limited.

I have very good sources.

DenBronx
11-22-2013, 01:49 AM
Julius is very good. That's why I was pleased to hear from my sources that his walking is very limited.

I have very good sources.

You fear that he and Welker will play.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1h

So yes, Wes Welker will play against the Patriots.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 1h

Wes Welker a full participant in practice today, listed as probable. J Thomas is questionable.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 2h

Peyton Manning throwing in early portion of Friday practice http://instagram.com/p/hBrqUxBwbp/

Dreessen. Tamme would get more passing reps too RT @JimAshley18: who would start in Julius Thomas' place if he can't play on Sunday?

That said about Julius, still appears pretty limited. Would expect him to be listed as questionable at best when practice is over.

Welker and Julius Thomas practicing again. Julius looks to be doing more in individual drills than yesterday.

Joel
11-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Never mind. :tongue: