PDA

View Full Version : Wes Welker was evaluated for neck injury and concussion

Denver Native (Carol)
11-19-2013, 08:05 PM
I have received a lot of e-mails and questions inquiring about Wes Welker’s concussion and how he was treated by the Broncos’ medical team. And so I looked into it further and here’s what I found.

Welker, the Broncos’ star slot receiver, had a nice catch-and-run for 20 yards with 11:22 left in the fourth quarter when he took a high-low blast from two Kansas City defenders. Welker’s head was snapped back and it was his neck that the Broncos’ medical team evaluated. Aware there was a collision, Broncos doctors did engage with Welker and at that time no concussion symptoms were apparent.

On the sideline, Welker shook off the neck and the Broncos cleared him to go back in. He made a 9-yard catch to finish the Broncos’ drive that ended with a Matt Prater field goal. It was after that series that the Broncos’ medical team became aware Welker was experiencing possible concussion-like symptoms.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/11/19/wes-welker-was-evaluated-for-neck-injury-and-concussion/23310/

SR
11-19-2013, 10:14 PM
He's been a big piece of the receiving game this year and I REALLY hope he's ok.

Joel
11-20-2013, 01:32 PM
I love Harris to death, but there's no such thing as a "mild mild" concussion. Hopes and prayers Welker's OK; he's a key piece of our championship puzzle (as on that play,) and is surely dying to stick it to Belicheat.