PDA

View Full Version : Patriots whining again, but America will be pulling for Denver Sunday

Denver Native (Carol)
11-19-2013, 05:42 PM
Don't you just love it when the whining New England Patriots and their unsufferable fans complain about a referee's call, especially one on the last play of a loss?

First of all, the play that ended their Monday night game at Carolina wasn't the reason they lost. Second, Tom Brady's pass to Rob Gronkowsi wasn't "catchable," at least not by Gronkowski. It was eminently catchable by safety Robert Lester, who intercepted it.

You want to argue otherwise? Fine, it was a debatable call. But the team that hosts your Broncos next Sunday night has a history of cheating, and their protests when calls go against them are beyond lame.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspecial/ci_24554969/patriots-whining-again-but-america-will-be-pulling

Ravage!!!
11-19-2013, 06:26 PM
It's hard for the patriots fan to understand Brady NOT getting the call. He always has in the past, starting with the tuck rule. He always gets the roughing or the PI call that puts them within FG range so that his kicker can win/tie the game. The idea of a call NOT going in favor of Tom, is just unfathomable.

WTE
11-19-2013, 06:40 PM
The New England Patriots team is not whining at all. They just wanted an explanation and didn't get one.

Belichick told the team post-game not to talk about the call, instead talk about how they didn't make enough plays.

What a complete rag of a paper the Denver Post is. Not even suited for fish wrap.

slim
11-19-2013, 06:47 PM
They got an explanation, they just didn't like it so now they are whining.

WTE
11-19-2013, 06:49 PM
They got an explanation, they just didn't like it so now they are whining.

Is the team whining? Show me quotes.

WTE
11-19-2013, 06:52 PM
BTW, I just read the article Carol posted. What a piece of crap! Was it written by a 12 yr old?

Probably the worst article Carol has ever posted. Shameful of the Denver Post for publishing that shit!

slim
11-19-2013, 06:55 PM

Like I’ve said, we’ve been down that road before. Didn’t get one tonight, didn’t get one at the Baltimore game. Guess that’s the way we do it.

WTE
11-19-2013, 07:01 PM

That's whining? The reporter asked him if he got an explanation. BB said no, been down that road before.

OK guys, that's the best you can come up with. What a dumb thread.

#CarolSpam

wcben
11-19-2013, 07:05 PM
Not sure if there's a thread going but is anyone braving the enemy stronghold next Sunday night? I'm in section 200 and I'll have my 94' Elway on if anyone wants to get beers before the BRONCOS give Belicheat another aneurysm during the post game presser

WTE
11-19-2013, 07:07 PM
Not sure if there's a thread going but is anyone braving the enemy stronghold next Sunday night? I'm in section 200 and I'll have my 94' Elway on if anyone wants to get beers before the BRONCOS give Belicheat another aneurysm during the post game presser

I hope you enjoy our northern hospitality.

Slick
11-19-2013, 07:13 PM
Don't jump on Carol, WTE, she didn't write it. You know she constantly posts articles from the Post.

You, Pags and Mn patriots fan haven't been whining here and i respect that. You wouldn't get any sympathy here anyways. The comments on nfldotcom and pft are full of whiners though.

WTE
11-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Don't jump on Carol, WTE, she didn't write it. You know she constantly posts articles from the Post.

You, Pags and Mn patriots fan haven't been whining here and i respect that. You wouldn't get any sympathy here anyways. The comments on nfldotcom and pft are full of whiners though.

Well it's such a stupid and poorly written article it pisses me off. I can't believe the Denver Post would publish such a juvenile thing.

This thread belongs in Smack anyway. If it stays here I am done discussing it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-19-2013, 07:30 PM
Well it's such a stupid and poorly written article it pisses me off. I can't believe the Denver Post would publish such a juvenile thing.

That's the first time I've seen you all butt hurt.

Poor taste? Maybe

True? Definitely

:laugh:

TXBRONC
11-19-2013, 07:40 PM

You belong in Smack the article on the other hand no. Do yourself a favor and take your butt hurt self to the Smack Forum. :wave:

slim
11-19-2013, 07:56 PM
lol

wcben
11-19-2013, 08:04 PM
Lol Massholes

Northman
11-20-2013, 05:31 AM
While i dont care that Brady and company didnt get the call i do have to agree with WTE that was a pretty bad article. Funny, but bad.

ShaneFalco
11-20-2013, 05:40 AM
someone is emo!

CoachChaz
11-20-2013, 09:14 AM
It was a shitty article...and I cant say I agree that the Pats players are whining nearly as much as their fans...but perhaps it's the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back". Football fans and the media are so use to hearing the Pats cry about stuff that when we see something they actually might have a reason to cry about...we simply assume it will happen.

PatriotsGuy
11-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Meh

Dzone
11-20-2013, 10:13 AM
It was an excellent article.
Either way, Lester was going to intercept that pass.

Joel
11-20-2013, 10:47 AM
Yup, it was the right no-call. Pass Interference trumps Defensive Holding for a reason, and can't be called on an uncatchable ball (which an interception 5 yds away is.) Illegal Contact was off the table once they crossed the 13. Brady threw a pick to end the comeback attempt; all the whining and leg whips in the world can't change that.

powderaddict
11-20-2013, 10:50 AM
Hahaha I love the taste of patsies fans tears!

WTE, using a doll, can you show us where the big bad Denver Post article touched you?

PatriotsGuy
11-20-2013, 11:17 AM
Yup, it was the right no-call. Pass Interference trumps Defensive Holding for a reason, and can't be called on an uncatchable ball (which an interception 5 yds away is.) Illegal Contact was off the table once they crossed the 13. Brady threw a pick to end the comeback attempt; all the whining and leg whips in the world can't change that.

Which I guess is why Dean Blandino said;

"This is a judgment call. The officials don’t have the use of replay. They don’t have slow motion replay and ultimately they ruled that the restriction occurred simultaneously with the ball being touched. When you watch it at full speed, you could see why they would make that call on the field.”

oops he is not saying it was uncatchable at all! He's actually saying something completely different which is not correct. Funny huh?

On to the next game

CoachChaz
11-20-2013, 11:19 AM

"This is a judgment call. The officials don’t have the use of replay. They don’t have slow motion replay and ultimately they ruled that the restriction occurred simultaneously with the ball being touched. When you watch it at full speed, you could see why they would make that call on the field.”

oops he is not saying it was uncatchable at all! He's actually saying something completely different which is not correct. Funny huh?

On to the next game

That's all you can do. What's done is done.

GEM
11-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Bitch bitch moan moan...**** no we're not whining. Your article and your paper are stupid!

But we're not ******* whining, mmmkay!!!

Ravage!!!
11-20-2013, 12:11 PM

Dude, I love this avi you are sporting. Makes me Growl every time I see it.

Joel
11-20-2013, 12:51 PM

On to the next game
I can see why it might've looked like that on the field, and the only way to reverse it is with the replay that 1) refs don't get to use and 2) clearly shows the interception made the pass uncatchable, and Kuechlys grab on Gronkowski consequently irrelevant. Whenever and wherever contact occurred, PI's off the table if the ball's uncatchable, which that one was for Gronk: No call was the right call.

DenBronx
11-20-2013, 02:17 PM
BTW, I just read the article Carol posted. What a piece of crap! Was it written by a 12 yr old?

Probably the worst article Carol has ever posted. Shameful of the Denver Post for publishing that shit!

Butthurt much?

DenBronx
11-20-2013, 02:21 PM
It was a shitty article...and I cant say I agree that the Pats players are whining nearly as much as their fans...but perhaps it's the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back". Football fans and the media are so use to hearing the Pats cry about stuff that when we see something they actually might have a reason to cry about...we simply assume it will happen.

Which is probably why they should shut up.

Army Bronco
11-20-2013, 02:51 PM
We HAVE to win this game for lots of reasons but one reason is that NEP will come back here if we lose. He comes around when we lose or Pats do well.

Ravage!!!
11-20-2013, 04:27 PM
We HAVE to win this game for lots of reasons but one reason is that NEP will come back here if we lose. He comes around when we lose or Pats do well.

That young idiot is just a douche.