PDA

View Full Version : Rahim Moore to miss several Denver Broncos games with leg injury

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2013, 01:33 PM
Broncos safety Rahim Moore is expected to miss several weeks with a serious lower leg injury, according to NFL sources.

Moore left Sunday night's game against the Chiefs about halfway through the second quarter, although it remains unclear when he sustained the injury. Before exiting the game, Moore logged two solo tackles and defended a pass. Mike Adams, who started at safety for much of the 2012 season, entered the game in Moore's place and likely will assume the bulk of his role in his absence.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24547399/broncos-rahim-moore-miss-several-games-leg-injury

BroncoNut
11-18-2013, 01:49 PM
not good. I didn't even notice when he got hurt. must've been early, I was actively texting with someone early on. but Rahim would be missed. I'm not a huge Harris or Adams fan in comparison to no. 26

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-18-2013, 01:52 PM
The poor dude has a lot of haters because of his flub in the AFCCG, but he is the best FS we've had in a long, long time.

claymore
11-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Im glad we have some depth at the position.

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
11-18-2013, 02:10 PM
How can you determine how long someone is out if you can't determine the type of injury he has?

BigDaddyBronco
11-18-2013, 02:25 PM
I remember him taking that bad angle on the big run that Charles had, but don't remember him limping or anything. Maybe he did it on pass coverage. He didn't play after halftime if I remember correctly.

BroncoNut
11-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Im glad we have some depth at the position.

ummm. yeah, me too?

claymore
11-18-2013, 02:30 PM
ummm. yeah, me too?

I had more to say, but I got nervous and just hit submit. :(

tomjonesrocks
11-18-2013, 02:30 PM
They'll be fine.

claymore
11-18-2013, 02:31 PM
How can you determine how long someone is out if you can't determine the type of injury he has?

Im sure they know, they just dont want us to know.

BigDaddyBronco
11-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Well Nacho and Adams will be ok. I guess Jammer can play S as well.

What about Champ playing some safety ***snicker snicker***

LTC Pain
11-18-2013, 02:46 PM

Doesn't Bolden also play safety? And Bruton is on the active roster. Hopefully #7 is scouring the waiver wire and Practice Squads.

BroncoNut
11-18-2013, 03:12 PM

where has Champ been? is he still out?

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
11-18-2013, 04:21 PM
Rahim had surgery today per PFT

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 16m

RT @drdave_hnida: rare in football. usually car ax,fall, or explosion- swelling-cuts off blood supply= nerve damage+muscle dies

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 27m

Here's some more info on lateral compartment syndrome: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001224.htm …

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 29m

JDR said Moore's injury is a "new one for me." Had never heard of it. "It's one of those freakish things that can occur."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 30m

Rahim Moore was diagnosed with lateral compartment syndrome.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 31m

JDR says Rahim Moore has had surgery this morning -- timetable for return is "unknown"

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Compartment syndrome is a serious condition that involves increased pressure in a muscle compartment. It can lead to muscle and nerve damage and problems with blood flow.

Thick layers of tissue, called fascia, separate groups of muscles in the arms and legs from each other. Inside each layer of fascia is a confined space, called a compartment. The compartment includes the muscle tissue, nerves, and blood vessels. Fascia surrounds these structures, similar to the way in which insulation covers wires.

Fascia do not expand. Any swelling in a compartment will lead to increased pressure in that area, which will press on the muscles, blood vessels, and nerves. If this pressure is high enough, blood flow to the compartment will be blocked. This can lead to permanent injury to the muscle and nerves. If the pressure lasts long enough, the muscles may die and the arm or leg will not work any more. It may need to be amputated.

rest - http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001224.htm

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2013, 04:28 PM
No wonder the Broncos said earlier today that Rahim had a leg injury, but they did not know what kind.

Get better Rahim

Dzone
11-18-2013, 04:41 PM
Sounds like they made a slit in the compartment to decrease the pressure on the muscles, nerves and blood vessels. Im guessing Rahim will be back sooner than anyone expects

tubby
11-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Would not mind seeing 31 get some PT.

BigDaddyBronco
11-18-2013, 04:52 PM
Strange. I wonder if it just showed up or did he get hurt on a play or something.

LTC Pain
11-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Piss :(

DenBronx
11-18-2013, 04:56 PM
They are saying he could have lost his leg. He had surgery though and looks like everything will be ok. Now just needs to heal up.

FS seems to be the position with alot of depth. Adams did ok last night and we still have Bruton. I think even Jammer got some playing time there during training camp and preseason. Adams should be the guy though until Moore comes back later this year.

And someone mention Chris Harris. He plays Corner not Safety, although he CAN play Safety. The Broncos are not going to move him, especially with Champ still out.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2013, 05:04 PM
from article:

Moore left Sunday night's game against the Chiefs about halfway through the second quarter, although it remains unclear when he sustained the injury.

The Broncos are considering placing Moore on the injured reserve list, sources said.

Moore had surgery Monday morning to correct lateral compartment syndrome in his leg, Broncos coach Jack Del Rio said. Moore woke up in the middle of the night in pain and called Broncos trainer Steve Antonopulos who worked to get Moore into a hosipital for surgery.

The syndrome was restricting blood flow to his muscles. Compartment syndrome can lead to losing a limb or even death, Del Rio said.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24547399/broncos-rahim-moore-miss-several-games-leg-injury

DenBronx
11-18-2013, 05:19 PM
IR? Wow, could be much more serious than thought.

AlWilsonizKING
11-18-2013, 05:20 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 16m

RT @drdave_hnida: rare in football. usually car ax,fall, or explosion- swelling-cuts off blood supply= nerve damage+muscle dies

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 27m

Here's some more info on lateral compartment syndrome: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001224.htm …

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 29m

JDR said Moore's injury is a "new one for me." Had never heard of it. "It's one of those freakish things that can occur."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 30m

Rahim Moore was diagnosed with lateral compartment syndrome.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 31m

JDR says Rahim Moore has had surgery this morning -- timetable for return is "unknown"

No good.....

PEACE!!!

Magnificent Seven
11-18-2013, 05:22 PM
What's the status on WR Wes Welker?

Joel
11-18-2013, 05:28 PM
That sounds scary. I still prefer Adams and thought he did well in relief (then again, the Chiefs passing game blows,) but wanted Adams to earn the start by outplaying Moore, not by a serious injury. Surgery, muscle loss and potential nerve damage isn't something I want a stranger to hear, let alone a member of my team. Thoughts and prayers are with him for a full speedy recovery.

Joel
11-18-2013, 05:35 PM
They are saying he could have lost his leg. He had surgery though and looks like everything will be ok. Now just needs to heal up.

FS seems to be the position with alot of depth. Adams did ok last night and we still have Bruton. I think even Jammer got some playing time there during training camp and preseason. Adams should be the guy though until Moore comes back later this year.

And someone mention Chris Harris. He plays Corner not Safety, although he CAN play Safety. The Broncos are not going to move him, especially with Champ still out.
The articles I saw here during TC said we brought in Jammer intending to convert him to safety (as impossible as that is for guys at the radically different CB spot. ;)) However, those articles also implied (without outright saying) he was a disaster there. And if the coaches had any more faith than I in Bruton or Bolden we wouldn't have brought in THREE FAs last year, then added another FA CB for the same spot this year.

I like Adams; he's a good centerfielder, and I expect him to start until Moore's back. I just didn't want him to get the starting job THIS way. :(

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2013, 05:36 PM
What's the status on WR Wes Welker?

from same article:

The two other players injured Sunday had slightly better prognoses. Receiver Wes Welker, who was diagnosed with a concussion, will go through the NFL's protocol this week to determine when he can return. Tight end Julius Thomas has a knee strain and is day-to-day.

Welker did briefly return to the game after initially being evaluated for a concussion on Sunday night, though the Broncos did follow the league's protocol.

"He had symptoms that flared up or came up, and then he was replaced," Del Rio said. "The first concern, obviously, is to make sure he's ready to return when the doctors give the green light. If we're told that he's able to go, then he'll go."

AND

In better news among the ranks of the Broncos' ailing, coach John Fox was able to video chat with his team Monday morning.

"He was able to visit with the team, take questions," Del Rio said. "He looked great and was full of energy. The players, coaches, everybody got a lift seeing him and seeing his spirit, how fired up he was to be able to talk to everybody."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24547399/broncos-rahim-moore-miss-several-games-leg-injury?source=rss

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 20m

I'm told Rahim Moore was experiencing stiffness in his leg at least two days before the game. Tried to play thru it.

BroncoNut
11-18-2013, 05:43 PM
wow.

Magnificent Seven
11-18-2013, 05:51 PM
from same article:

AND

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24547399/broncos-rahim-moore-miss-several-games-leg-injury?source=rss

Thanks!

BroncoJoe
11-18-2013, 05:51 PM
Be well, Rahim.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2013, 06:26 PM
from article:

By NFL protocol, Welker will be limited in practice this week and is permitted to make a full return to practice Friday at the earliest, only if doctors say he has passed the baseline test.

Welker's status for next Sunday's showdown with the New England Patriots -- his former team -- is uncertain, but sources told ESPN NFL Insider Chris Mortensen that the star receiver is expected to be OK.

Welker sustained the injury on a 20-yard catch-and-run play in the fourth quarter Sunday, when he was tackled by Chiefs defensive end Allen Bailey but also was hit in the helmet by safety Eric Berry. Welker started to leave the field and then took a knee.

full article - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9997551/wes-welker-denver-broncos-undergo-baseline-concussion-evaluation

GEM
11-18-2013, 06:38 PM
Flowers had a hard on for Welker last night, it was pretty weird to watch.

BroncoWave
11-18-2013, 06:53 PM

And Collinsworth was sucking him off for his aggressive play. I found them to be more cheap shots than aggressive play.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2013, 07:47 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2h

Rahim Moore started experiencing discomfort during warmups last night. His "bleeding muscle" was in lower left shin/calf area.

Dzone
11-18-2013, 07:51 PM
I forgot about Omar Bolden. Havent seen him much lately. Can he play safety worth a darn?
Losing Rahim really sucks

Joel
11-18-2013, 07:52 PM
Welker outclasses Flowers athletically, but he's a little dude; you know how that goes. I always thought the whole "you're better, but I'm BIGGER" thing kinda lame anyway, but that's all it was. Flowers did take some cheap shots that should've been called (most notably the shove after whistle when Welker wasn't even looking at him, and walking the other way.)

Joel
11-18-2013, 08:02 PM
I forgot about Omar Bolden. Havent seen him much lately. Can he play safety worth a darn?
Losing Rahim really sucks
Again, we added THREE FA safeties after drafting him, then added another FA CB this year intending to convert him, which suggests the coaches don't consider Bolden a decent safety. Logical, perhaps: Safeties are reportedly COMPLETELY different than CBs, which is what Bolden was in college and how he's listed at NFL.com, so he's probably incapable of playing safety. :tongue:

tomjonesrocks
11-18-2013, 09:26 PM
The articles I saw here during TC said we brought in Jammer intending to convert him to safety (as impossible as that is for guys at the radically different CB spot. ;)) However, those articles also implied (without outright saying) he was a disaster there. And if the coaches had any more faith than I in Bruton or Bolden we wouldn't have brought in THREE FAs last year, then added another FA CB for the same spot this year.

I like Adams; he's a good centerfielder, and I expect him to start until Moore's back. I just didn't want him to get the starting job THIS way. :(

Yeah, I feel a little bit bad as this sounds like a pretty horrible injury--but I simply don't see a thing special about Moore on the field that makes me fret much about him being replaced. I really don't understand the fascination with Moore's supposed ability. I see a middle-of-the-road safety who has the most embarrassingly retarded, selfish player intro in the game and is an ongoing reminder of one of the worst plays ever in Broncos history.

I'm glad it sounds like long-term Moore will be OK and all and discussion of IR is unsettling -- but Adams can do the job.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I feel a little bit bad as this sounds like a pretty horrible injury--but I simply don't see a thing special about Moore on the field that makes me fret much about him being replaced. I really don't understand the fascination with Moore's supposed ability. I see a middle-of-the-road safety who has the most embarrassingly retarded, selfish player intro in the game and is an ongoing reminder of one of the worst plays ever in Broncos history.

Adams will do the job.

Moore has been having a resurgence in 2013. He started each of the Broncos' first 10 games and has 44 tackles.

A third-year player from UCLA, Moore was on pace to come close to matching his season totals from 2012, when he emerged as a full-time starter for the Broncos.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24547399/broncos-rahim-moore-miss-several-games-leg-injury

Dzone
11-18-2013, 10:23 PM
. I see a middle-of-the-road safety who has the most embarrassingly retarded, selfish player intro in the game and is an ongoing reminder of one of the worst plays ever in Broncos history.
My name is Rahim "The Dream" Moore!

Joel
11-18-2013, 11:43 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24547399/broncos-rahim-moore-miss-several-games-leg-injury
Right: He was on pace to ALMOST match what so underwhelmed many last year. Again, I bear him no ill will and hope and pray he makes a full speedy recovery (that datalink saying nerve damage is possible if the condition's undiagnosed for a while is worrisome given the comments about him feeling it at the end of last week but understandably and nobly trying to gut it out for Sunday.) I just don't see him making plays much (he did have a nice pick earlier this year) or much (if any) drop off when Adams replaces him. From a solely competitive standpoint my biggest concern here is lack of depth if we lose another safety.

SR
11-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Right: He was on pace to ALMOST match what so underwhelmed many last year. Again, I bear him no ill will and hope and pray he makes a full speedy recovery (that datalink saying nerve damage is possible if the condition's undiagnosed for a while is worrisome given the comments about him feeling it at the end of last week but understandably and nobly trying to gut it out for Sunday.) I just don't see him making plays much (he did have a nice pick earlier this year) or much (if any) drop off when Adams replaces him. From a solely competitive standpoint my biggest concern here is lack of depth if we lose another safety.

Because you, like so many other Bronco fans, can't let go of one play. Rahim isn't an all-pro, but he's playing very good football and statistically he's of the top safeties in the AFC. However, so many of you see one play when you see #26 that you can't actually watch what he's doing and compliment him on it.

LTC Pain
11-19-2013, 10:29 AM
Because you, like so many other Bronco fans, can't let go of one play. Rahim isn't an all-pro, but he's playing very good football and statistically he's of the top safeties in the AFC. However, so many of you see one play when you see #26 that you can't actually watch what he's doing and compliment him on it.

Word!

GEM
11-19-2013, 10:42 AM
Some can't get that ONE play out of their head, so they let it cloud the perception of the actual playER. As much as some want to hate on him, the stats just don't back up your argument.

tomjonesrocks
11-19-2013, 10:48 AM
statistically he's of the top safeties in the AFC.

As much as some want to hate on him, the stats just don't back up your argument.

What stats?

For 2013, he's 10th in the AFC in tackles at the FS position. 13 AFC SS's also have more tackles than Moore.

If you include FS's across the NFL, he barely breaks the top 20 in tackles. To go with 2 picks and 8 passes defended.

Even if you're a forgiving type who can get past the gut-wrenching play he's most famous for and the douchetastic self-given-nickname -- the fact remains that his stats show (at best) a slightly better than middle-of-the-road FS.

Statistically, you could go so far as to call him mediocre, actually -- considering those 8 passes defended and tackles are aided by desperate teams down by multiple scores week after week relegated to throwing into coverage.

Bugs Baloney
11-19-2013, 11:00 AM
Oh damn...It's Adam's time for a while... let's hope he at least he contributes his 6% ability effectively....:listen:

LTC Pain
11-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Some can't get that ONE play out of their head, so they let it cloud the perception of the actual playER. As much as some want to hate on him, the stats just don't back up your argument.

More word!

Denver Native (Carol)
11-19-2013, 11:26 AM
Can one play define a player’s career? That is the dilemma we face with our latest Secret Superstar, Rahim Moore. The Denver Broncos’ second-year safety proved himself to be one of the best at his position in 2012. He attacked his biggest weakness from a rough rookie season and turned it into a strength. In doing so, he earned positive grades in all aspects of his game.

AND

A year after spending some Sundays as a healthy scratch, Moore played more snaps in 2012 than any other Broncos defender. Often lining up deep as Denver’s last line of defense, Moore allowed just 0.46 Yards Per Coverage Snap and surrendered a first down or touchdown on only 1.64% of his snaps. At the same time, he frequently showed the speed and instincts to provide support against backfield screens. And when he got to the point of attack, he sealed the deal.

After amassing 11 missed tackles in 43 attempts in 2011 (including the playoffs), Moore had just eight in 96 attempts in 2012. Amazingly, he’d transformed himself from one of the worst-tackling safeties in the league into one of the best. And with a +9.0 grade in the regular season that tied for the 10th-highest of any safety, he was one of the more promising young defenders in the league. This would have been the lasting image of Moore heading into the upcoming season, except for the outcome of one play.

full article - https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/21/secret-superstar-rahim-moore/

SR
11-19-2013, 11:36 AM
What stats? For 2013, he's 10th in the AFC in tackles at the FS position. 13 AFC SS's also have more tackles than Moore. If you include FS's across the NFL, he barely breaks the top 20 in tackles. To go with 2 picks and 8 passes defended. Even if you're a forgiving type who can get past the gut-wrenching play he's most famous for and the douchetastic self-given-nickname -- the fact remains that his stats show (at best) a slightly better than middle-of-the-road FS. Statistically, you could go so far as to call him mediocre, actually -- considering those 8 passes defended and tackles are aided by desperate teams down by multiple scores week after week relegated to throwing into coverage.

Tackles are not a telling indicator of the success of a safety.

tomjonesrocks
11-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Tackles are not a telling indicator of the success of a safety.

OK -- what alternate stat(s) were you using to say Moore is "statistically he's of the top safeties in the AFC" ? Am not seeing any other -stats- to verify that statement.

Simple Jaded
11-19-2013, 12:19 PM
This is clearly not good for the Denver Broncos but it coulda been far, far worse for Moore.

My wife says these injuries can leave people laid up in the hospital (or much worse) for weeks, apparently they just cut ya open and leave ya open to allow the muscle room to heal. Then sow you back up when the swelling goes down. Apparently the swelling can get so bad that the muscle dies from lack of circulation, or something.

Idk, she used a lot of big words and I did a lot of nodding and facial expressions.

Joel
11-19-2013, 02:19 PM
What stats?

For 2013, he's 10th in the AFC in tackles at the FS position. 13 AFC SS's also have more tackles than Moore.

If you include FS's across the NFL, he barely breaks the top 20 in tackles. To go with 2 picks and 8 passes defended.

Even if you're a forgiving type who can get past the gut-wrenching play he's most famous for and the douchetastic self-given-nickname -- the fact remains that his stats show (at best) a slightly better than middle-of-the-road FS.

Statistically, you could go so far as to call him mediocre, actually -- considering those 8 passes defended and tackles are aided by desperate teams down by multiple scores week after week relegated to throwing into coverage.
^THAT^ People don't focus on Moores blown Hail Mary "coverage" just because it was in the playoffs, but also because there's not much else on his highlight reel to distract from it, before or since. When debating this with another poster a while back we looked closely at stats and, IIRC, they showed Moore's a slightly better tackler than Adams but a MUCH worse fielder, especially on long pass plays. Moore has better totals, but as a percentage of plays where both were directly involved, Adams has done "more" with his opportunities.

The big conclusion I recall from that discussion is that PFF is garbage (sorry, Carol.) Moore may be a secret star, but someone must present plays to prove it; right now he doesn't look very good OR bad to me.

slim
11-19-2013, 02:23 PM
This is clearly not good for the Denver Broncos but it coulda been far, far worse for Moore.

My wife says these injuries can leave people laid up in the hospital (or much worse) for weeks, apparently they just cut ya open and leave ya open to allow the muscle room to heal. Then sow you back up when the swelling goes down. Apparently the swelling can get so bad that the muscle dies from lack of circulation, or something.

Idk, she used a lot of big words and I did a lot of nodding and facial expressions.

At least you tried to listen. You are a better man than me.

Simple Jaded
11-19-2013, 02:26 PM
At least you tried to listen. You are a better man than me.

I was trying to get laid, sometimes that works.

Magnificent Seven
11-21-2013, 01:21 AM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1h

Got some great news on Rahim Moore tonight. Back home resting comfortably. Good chance he plays again this season.

SR
11-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 1h Got some great news on Rahim Moore tonight. Back home resting comfortably. Good chance he plays again this season.

Great news!