PDA

View Full Version : No Hangtime??

SBboundBRONCOS
11-26-2007, 08:19 PM
ok is it just me or does Todd not get any hang time on his kicks whatsoever on kickoffs or punts.

i keep hearing he is out kicking his coverage but he doesnt really punt it that far compared to other good punters but he does not get any hang time it seems.

i hear he has a huge leg yet unless in Denvers thin air barely gets it inside the 10 on kickoffs and too make it worse they are usually line drive kicks. same goes for his punts.

is it just me being too critical or am i not the only one who notices this

Lonestar
11-27-2007, 12:04 AM
He has great hang time normally would not have been an all pro a couple of years ago and Mikey would not have signed him.

I guess one could ask why the punt coverage is so poor also.

They got cocky with all the improvement over the past few weeks..

Tned
11-27-2007, 12:31 AM
He typically hits low, long punts that out kicks the coverage. That is why he typically is near the top in gross punting yardage, but has a huge differential between gross and net yards. Other than when he is trying to place it near the endzone, it is pretty rare to see the punt coming down to the return man as the coverage guys are showing up, which leads to fair catches and fumbles. On the other side, it is very common for our opponents coverage team and the punt to get to Martinez (or whoever) at the same time.