PDA

View Full Version : Starting RB

nj10
09-09-2009, 04:01 PM
Amongst all the talk about which QB will start and questions about will Brandon Marshall play and how much will he play? This has escaped me. Who is our starting tailback heading into week 1?

Lonestar
09-09-2009, 04:06 PM
you will find out on Sunday.. before then Josh is very tight lipped.. could be anyone on the RB list.. and he wants CIN to have to prepare for them all..

honz
09-09-2009, 04:12 PM
My guess is Buckhalter will indeed "start" but the carries will be split up pretty evenly...with a healthy Moreno getting a few more than the others as he tears up the Cincy D.

nbenallo33
09-09-2009, 04:26 PM
yeah im asuming buckhalter will start but we will see hillis get some carrys along with moreno

T.K.O.
09-09-2009, 04:31 PM
as long as all 4 get 100 yds i'll be happy.
then orton can go like 6/8 for 36 yds and 4 td's !;)

Dortoh
09-09-2009, 04:31 PM
you will find out on Sunday.. before then Josh is very tight lipped.. could be anyone on the RB list.. and he wants CIN to have to prepare for them all..

Exactly it is one of the things I love about McD

That said it will be either Buckhalter or since he said about Morano "he is not quite there yet" I say he gets the start :elefant:

topscribe
09-09-2009, 04:47 PM

And that's probably why McD would not verify who for sure will start at QB.

-----

Nomad
09-09-2009, 04:50 PM

I don't see why teams have to list their starters to begin with. Many starters are obvious but you have to keep the other team guessing as well.

Moreno doesn't seem ready to begin with!!

dogfish
09-09-2009, 05:43 PM
regardless of who the nominal day one starter is, i'd call it a pretty serious upset if knowshon isn't getting the most carries by the third or fourth week at the lastest (health permitting, of course). . . buckhalter may get the call early as a nod to his experience, because he's the more proven pass blocker and because they don't want to just hand the job to moreno. . . but i don't think there's much question that it's his job to take-- they didn't spend #12 overall on him to be the second or third option in a full-blown committee. . .

Lonestar
09-09-2009, 05:58 PM
I don't see why teams have to list their starters to begin with. Many starters are obvious but you have to keep the other team guessing as well.

Moreno doesn't seem ready to begin with!!

first game, with NO film on them, a completely new system on both O and D we need all the help we can get on an Early game near the east coast..:salute:

Lonestar
09-09-2009, 05:59 PM
regardless of who the nominal day one starter is, i'd call it a pretty serious upset if knowshon isn't getting the most carries by the third or fourth week at the lastest (health permitting, of course). . . buckhalter may get the call early as a nod to his experience, because he's the more proven pass blocker and because they don't want to just hand the job to moreno. . . but i don't think there's much question that it's his job to take-- they didn't spend #12 overall on him to be the second or third option in a full-blown committee. . .

a wireless telephone salesman :D

Nightwolf
09-09-2009, 06:09 PM
if anything i'm not suprised if we see a three back committee at the moment

I see Buckhalter starting with Hillis spelling him and Jordan on short-yardage/goal line carries

by the middle/end of the year, I see Moreno as the undisputed starter

broncofaninfla
09-09-2009, 06:39 PM
I wonder who will be Denver's leading rusher in week #1, poll anybody?

Lonestar
09-09-2009, 06:40 PM
I wonder who will be Denver's leading rusher in week #1, poll anybody?

start one no harm in doing that..

broncofaninfla
09-09-2009, 06:44 PM
start one no harm in doing that..

Honestly I'm not sure how and I have a kid jumping up and down on my lap, LOL!
I'll give it try in the morning unless someone beats me to it. :salute:

Lonestar
09-09-2009, 06:46 PM
it is not all that hard and you have to get rid of that virgin status soon..

worst case is we delete ing and start again.. no issues we have a gazillion gigabytes to spare..

nevcraw
09-09-2009, 07:55 PM
The bengals defense is solid. especially at LB'er. The running game has to be onpoint or the Orton is going to be going to be pressured all day.
They need to beat them down with Hillis and spell him with Buck / Moreno. Hillis needs to play the Jacobs role and wear out the defense and then the bigger runs will be there.
I'm not expecting the QB to be lighting it up anytime soon..

CrazyHorse
09-09-2009, 09:59 PM
a wireless telephone salesman :D

Dude's gonna tear the UFL up.

Lonestar
09-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Dude's gonna tear the UFL up.

lets hope so..

frankly I was getting tired of the anyone could get a 1000 yards in DEN hype anyway.. 62.5 yards a week BFD..