PDA

View Full Version : Hayden interviewed Del Rio two weeks ago for USC job

Denver Native (Carol)
11-17-2013, 01:29 PM
JayGlazer
@JayGlazer

USC Pat Hayden flew to Denver two weeks ago and interviewed Jack Del Rio for their head coaching job. Interview was ironically day b4 John Fox had his incident

MOtorboat
11-17-2013, 02:18 PM
The USC people now seem to want Orgeron to keep the job...

Denver Native (Carol)
11-17-2013, 02:21 PM
For a team that's 8-1 entering its AFC West showdown against the Kansas City Chiefs tonight, the Broncos have had their share of coaching news.

Jack Del Rio, the Broncos defensive coordinator and interim head coach, interviewed for the USC head coaching position during the team's bye week on Nov. 1, the Broncos confirmed.

USC athletic director Pat Haden had called the Broncos to seek permission to interview Del Rio, even though college administrators are not obligated to. The Broncos were impressed by Haden's courtesy and allowed Del Rio to interview at the convenient time of the bye week.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24539029/del-rio-interviewed-usc-head-coaching-job-during

camdisco24
11-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Really hope Del Rio stays....

BroncoWave
11-17-2013, 05:08 PM
The USC people now seem to want Orgeron to keep the job...

Hopefully they win out. If so I don't see how they don't keep him.

He has always been an absolutely fantastic recruiter. He brought a ton of talent to Ole Miss. The big question then was his coaching ability. If he has the coaching part more figured out, he has a good chance at getting the job IMO.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-17-2013, 06:35 PM
DENVER -- USC may have already interviewed Denver Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio for the school's head-coaching job earlier this month, but competition figures to increase for Del Rio’s services if the Broncos continue their winning ways into the postseason.

Del Rio has been in place as the Broncos' interim head coach since Nov. 3, or two days after he interviewed with USC athletic director Pat Haden. Team officials confirmed Sunday that Del Rio had interviewed Nov. 1, during the Broncos' bye week.

The following day Broncos head coach John Fox suffered dizziness and light-headedness on a Charlotte, N.C., golf course; he had open heart surgery Nov. 4. Fox is still recuperating at his home in Charlotte and Del Rio has been in place as the Broncos' interim coach since.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/2500/del-rio-will-have-more-choices-than-usc

MOtorboat
11-17-2013, 06:41 PM
rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/denver-broncos/post/_/id/2500/del-rio-will-have-more-choices-than-usc

That ought to dispel a lot of crap people were claiming about Del Rio disrespecting Denver.

Ziggy
11-17-2013, 06:57 PM
It's been a blessing having Del Rio here for 2 years in a row. This defense looked great last week, which happened to be the first time the Broncos had all of their starting linebackers on the field at the same time this year. I still think that this is a championship team, with a very good defense. Del Rio has a lot to do with that.

DenBronx
11-18-2013, 12:35 AM
I dont want to see Del Rio go but if he does I understand. I just hope he chooses college so we dont see him land in the AFC somewhere.

Elway should consider even giving him a raise if he is leaning towards taking another job. Reason being, what if Fox health isnt going to hold up? I would really try and keep Del Rio at least 1 more year, just to see how everything plays out. Fox should be fine but it's always good to have a backup plan.

We are blessed with good coaches.

DenBronx
11-18-2013, 12:36 AM
Hopefully they win out. If so I don't see how they don't keep him.

He has always been an absolutely fantastic recruiter. He brought a ton of talent to Ole Miss. The big question then was his coaching ability. If he has the coaching part more figured out, he has a good chance at getting the job IMO.

He should come alot cheaper than Del Rio too and I think they will also consider that. If USC keeps doing well it will be a tough choice.

CoachChaz
11-18-2013, 12:39 AM
I'd rather have JDR as the head coach. I like Foxy, but I think JDR would be tougher and stricter. This team needs that

DenBronx
11-18-2013, 12:45 AM
I'd rather have JDR as the head coach. I like Foxy, but I think JDR would be tougher and stricter. This team needs that

I agree somewhat but It's a stretch to say he would be a better (I know you didnt actually say the word better) head coach. I like him as our DC and also a possible replacement IF Foxys health has issues later.

I loved how he said "get 33 out of there!" tonight during the game. He seems no nonsense for stupidity and yes we do sort of need that. Fox is a little more nonchelant but the players do love him.....which breeds a whole differant animal. When players love a HC they sometimes play just as hard.

Fox took a pretty crappy situation with Tebow and Orton and helped us get to the playoffs. He has also under Manning got us to 13-3 the next year. This year we are breaking records. So....if it isnt broke then why fix it??? The only exception is if Fox decided he needed to take a year or two off to just recoupe for health reasons.

jhildebrand
11-18-2013, 01:28 PM
If they want Orgeron to succeed so bad why are they so willing to go out of their way to even have an audience with Del Rio? :confused:
...Haden took the uncommon step of contacting Elway to formally request permission to interview Del Rio... USC is the kind of school that doesn't make a move in firing a coach without having a very good idea of who the successor will be. It appears it was Del Rio, and still is, from the start.

Also, for me, this isn't/wasn't about Del Rio "disrespecting" the Broncos as much as highlighting the disparate treatment dictated by the head of the organization when it came to job opportunities for different people.