View Full Version : Broncos extend LB Haggan

roomemp
09-09-2009, 12:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4458301

Updated: September 9, 2009, 12:51 PM ET
Source: Broncos extend LB HagganComment Email Print Share By Adam Schefter
ESPN
Archive
The Denver Broncos signed starting outside linebacker Mario Haggan to a two-year, $3.5 million contract extension that includes $1.25 million in guaranteed money, a league source said Wednesday.
Haggan spent his first five NFL seasons with the Bills before signing with the Broncos in 2008.

Last season he recorded 19 tackles (17 solo) and one sack in his first season in Denver.

He showed enough to Denver's new coaching staff that it wanted to tack two more years onto his deal.

GEM
09-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Hmmmmm...has Hagan had off the field problems?

Take some notes Marshall. ;)

Dortoh
09-09-2009, 12:02 PM
I can honestly say I didnt see that one coming

nbenallo33
09-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Good for him!

silkamilkamonico
09-09-2009, 12:26 PM
Who's Mario Haggan? What, he starts for us?

honz
09-09-2009, 01:21 PM
I've liked Haggan since last year. He has that Spencer Larsen quality to him...played hard on Special Teams and did his job when he got some run last year. Most importantly, he knows how to tackle. Not sure he has what it takes to be our starting OLB for the next couple years, but McD and Nolan seem to like him.

dogfish
09-09-2009, 01:28 PM
haggan has the size and physicality you want in a 34 'backer, along with some experience and a strong special teams background. . . he's a solid guy to have as part of our corps-- if we're planning to run the 3-4 as a base defense going forward, we have to have depth at linebacker, and haggan can play inside or out. . . can't say that i'm overly thrilled with him as a fulltime starter, though-- he's competent, but he's not a guy that's likely to make many gamechanging plays for you. . . i have no idea whteher we'll get anything from ayers this year or not, but i hope he's ready to challenge for that other starting OLB spot by next year's camp at the latest. . . .

broncofaninfla
09-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing that he is one of our starting OLB's. He is easliy one of the biggest suprises on our roster though IMO. He was a total beast in college but not much in the NFL to date. Hopefully the postion suits him and he plays up the hype he had in college. As for the Broncos, not a bad wage to pay a starting OLB.

Ravage!!!
09-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Before I decide if its a good thing....what are they extending at him?

pipes
09-10-2009, 12:35 AM
haggan has the size and physicality you want in a 34 'backer, along with some experience and a strong special teams background. . . he's a solid guy to have as part of our corps-- if we're planning to run the 3-4 as a base defense going forward, we have to have depth at linebacker, and haggan can play inside or out. . . can't say that i'm overly thrilled with him as a fulltime starter, though-- he's competent, but he's not a guy that's likely to make many gamechanging plays for you. . . i have no idea whteher we'll get anything from ayers this year or not, but i hope he's ready to challenge for that other starting OLB spot by next year's camp at the latest. . . .

How dare you spell corps correctly! :mad:
How dare you sir! :tsk:

dogfish
09-10-2009, 12:55 AM
How dare you spell corps correctly! :mad:
How dare you sir! :tsk:

cause i'm tricky like that. . . 'sup pipes?