PDA

View Full Version : Dr Velcro Goes to Cincy

Dr Velcro
09-09-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm broke...can't afford tix, but I'm going to take LT so he can meet Broncos folks and tailgate.

I bought tix to last week's Cincy/Colts game but couldn't go cuz LT had to work later and it would have been a wasted drive by the time we got up there. $25 wasted thru stubhub.

So, I'm at least gong to get him to this one to get drunk and make an ass of himself so I can take pix and blackmail him for years to come.

If you're going, and wanna meet up...post "I'll be there" here and then shoot me an email with your contact info.

Dr_Velcro@msn.com

And I've already said that if enough of you show for this little gathering, I'll even wear your jersey.

Hope to see some of you all there.

TIA

Dr Velcro :salute:

claymore
09-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Eat some of that Chili spagetti stuff and give me an unbiased opinion. TIA.

dogfish
09-09-2009, 10:41 AM
shit! i wanna goooo. . . .

and i'm freakin' broke right now. . . .

have fun, kids. . . .

broncophan
09-09-2009, 01:24 PM
I will be there...:D
Going with a buddy from work....who is a bengals fan...

GO BRONCOS....

In-com-plete
09-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Eat some of that Chili spagetti stuff and give me an unbiased opinion. TIA.

Skyline!

It's like crack.

drewloc
09-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Damn I wish I could go, not enough time to request off work though. LT better drink a few for us here!

LordTrychon
09-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Dogphish...

Don't be a puss! Tailgate and mooch with us!

C'mon down! You've been promising for years!

T.K.O.
09-09-2009, 04:59 PM
looks like there might be more bronco fans than bengals fans watching at home......
Bengals facing a Week One blackout
Posted by Mike Florio on September 9, 2009 1:45 PM ET
With fewer than 24 hours to go until the deadline for selling all non-premium seats at Paul Brown Stadium in advance of Sunday's game against the Broncos, roughly 5,000 tickets remain unsold, according to Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer.

And this means that the game could be blacked out locally.

Typically, extensions of the 72-hour window are made available by the league office, usually if there's a clear indication that the tickets will be sold. In some cases, the local television network slated to televise the game will bite the bullet and buy the tickets.

The Bengals, despite a chronic history of ineptitude, have sold out every home game since 2003, and they're riding a Pete Rose hitting streak (hey, I used to follow baseball) of 44 straight non-blackouts.

In this case (as it possibly was in the other), Pete thinks the smart bet is that the string won't make it to 45.

Dr Velcro
09-10-2009, 08:15 AM
LT & I shifted finances around a bit & we're going to the game.

However, I'd still like to meet up and tailgate/ whatever.

Going to Hooters, etc.

Make it worth my while, people....MY SEASON OPENER Colts/ Jax is at the same time.
I'm giving up mine for LT's. MINE is a big deal to me.

claymore
09-10-2009, 08:24 AM
LT & I shifted finances around a bit & we're going to the game.

However, I'd still like to meet up and tailgate/ whatever.

Going to Hooters, etc.

Make it worth my while, people....MY SEASON OPENER Colts/ Jax is at the same time.
I'm giving up mine for LT's. MINE is a big deal to me.

I wouldnt do it unless LT eats at the Y. :werd:

SmilinAssasSin27
09-10-2009, 08:57 AM
I won't decide on this one til day of. I'm goin to Tennessee/UCLA and Cincy is on the way back.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Should think about going to the Monday Night Game. I think I'll be there. WASOAUYSDOASDYHAS YAHEA!!!

LordTrychon
09-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Welcome to the board! :wave:

Never met you before, but your name's kinda guyslutty. :wave:

Superchop 7
09-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Things to look for.

Look at Rey Maualuga

Look at Alphonso Smith

Just sayin

Dr Velcro
09-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Should think about going to the Monday Night Game. I think I'll be there. WASOAUYSDOASDYHAS YAHEA!!!

Jesus Christ, Dream.

How many times are you going to change your name?

It doesn't matter, cuz everyone is still going to call you Dream when they are referring to you.

No Mon game for me.

G_Money
09-10-2009, 12:07 PM
Dream is always Dream.

Now he's just trying to imagine himself as Jennifer Connelly takin it from behind. :huh:

Have fun at the game. Cincy's a long haul from CO, and, well, it's Cincy - so I ain't gonna make it to that game. :lol:

But LT owes you a LOT for missing the Colts opener. You better be collectin' all season long.

~G

dogfish
09-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Dogphish...

Don't be a puss! Tailgate and mooch with us!

C'mon down! You've been promising for years!

dude, you don't know. . . one of these days i'm gonna show up on your doorstep with a bottle of whisky in my hand. . . .

are you guys going to the denver game in indy?

Dr Velcro
09-10-2009, 12:27 PM
dude, you don't know. . . one of these days i'm gonna show up on your doorstep with a bottle of whisky in my hand. . . .

are you guys going to the denver game in indy?

Dr Velcro will have a sign in front of the Luke that states...

"Silly Bunny will do trix for tix."

dogfish
09-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Dr Velcro will have a sign in front of the Luke that states...

"Silly Bunny will do trix for tix."

so can i take that as a yes?

:laugh:

G_Money
09-14-2009, 12:50 PM
How was the game from your perspective, Doc? Make it out of Cincy alive?

~G

Dr Velcro
09-14-2009, 02:41 PM
It was alright. Not really too much to watch during the first three quarters.

I wore my Bunny Ears, as Fred the Bunny would during a Colts game.
I also wore #92 and put my U of L cap in my back pocket for good luck.

(I was in UC territory. Also a LOT of UK fans there....bleah, morons)

Orton looked VERY uncomfortable. He has NO mobility at all. I hate saying that. I don't think he has any instinct. I was bothered that he seemed to throw to Gaffney most of the time. Mc'D was griping at him on the sidelines (I'd wondered if it were Mc'D at first, then I saw highlights on tv and yeah...).

BTW- Your Defense looks good. SO much better than before.

Keep in mind...we were in the nosebleeds and oh my...I hate that stadium.

Royal got whacked pretty good. Every time I made a reference to any of the tackles looking "dirty" (which I thought a few did in this game), LT said "that's football". Well, DUH....I wasn't sure we were watching the same game. The officiating was crap (he agrees) & I saw a couple of hits that looked personal & not standard, IMO. I'd like to look over that Royal injury again. They really hate Royal there.

When the Bengals made their touchdown, there was 41 seconds on the clock....then @ the extra point...38. Then suddenly, the damn clock goes to 20 seconds? WTH? So I'm sitting there asking everyone around me what I missed....why was there 18 seconds missing from the clock?

Mc'D saw that too, I guess and raised some hell over it.
It was finally put back...after what seemed to be FOREVER.

Anyone who says that the Stokely move was a fluke is full of crap.

We'd moved down to see the last few seconds of the game & got a closer look at the run.

He was RIGHT there, watching that ball & ready to work.
Otherwise, it would have just dropped and you would have lost.
These are the kinds of things that happen when you have good players who pay close attention to the ball.

I'd love to have Stokely back with the Colts....damn.

Some fans were pretty dirty on our way back. Others were decent.
We walked.......A LOT. I have a cold and felt like crap, lol. It was nice to know my team won as well.

BM69 and his wife are adorable people and it was great meeting them.
Larry Dean is crazy...that's all there is to say. he made it fun, but took some really unflattering shots of me and I know they'll be posted....ugh.

LT enjoyed it, which is what I really wanted. I know that he's been out of sorts since moving out here. He met a Broncos fan that had moved out here to be with his own GF around the same time LT did. I think that being around other fans did him well...and that was worth missing mine.

Just my opinions here.

I think McD really had no clue Orton would be this bad and NO...I don't think he's going to use him come a few weeks from now. I wouldn't. What a shame. However, we won't be able to tell until week 3 or 4. Orton might just prove all wrong there.