PDA

View Full Version : Latest on Coach Fox

Denver Native (Carol)
11-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 30m

Fox doesn't anticipate having to make any lifestyle changes once recovered. Said he's healthy, and this was a hereditary heart issue.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 31m

Fox was able to increase his communication w/ players/coaches as last week progressed. Right after surgery, too many tubes, too many meds.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 40m

Fox didn't want to put timeline on return, but is optimistic: "My goal and dream is to be there before the conclusion of this season."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 41m

Fox said that as soon as his doctors clear to him to fly, he'll return to Denver to continue his rehab.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 43m

Fox said the issue with his aortic valve was hereditary, and issue w/ his bicuspid valve got progressively worse. First had a murmur in 97.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 47m

Fox watched the Broncos game vs. San Diego live, but had to turn it off a couple of times when it got "too tense."

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 49m

Good to hear John Fox's voice right now on a conference call w/ Denver reporters.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-12-2013, 06:34 PM
John Fox walked out the back door of his Charlotte, N.C., home Tuesday and returned to the scene of a crime on his heart.

When the Broncos' head coach plays golf on his home course, it means literally that. As part of rehab from heart surgery Monday, Fox walked to the hole where his episode happened on Nov. 2 during the Broncos' bye week.

"You're getting ready to go down," Fox said Tuesday in a conference call with Denver media. "I don't know if you've ever passed out before, but you feel it overcoming you. Basically you get tunnel vision and you try to fight it off. I hit two shots, a chip shot and a putt that I can truly tell you I don't remember every little part of it. Then I had to sit on the ground and actually lay on the ground. I never really passed out, but you're fighting passing out. And I hit two golf shots in the middle of it."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24509043/john-fox-hopes-be-back-sideline-broncos-coach-end-season

Joel
11-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Fox watched the Broncos game vs. San Diego live, but had to turn it off a couple of times when it got "too tense."
Thought about him a lot in the second half when our offensive line was trying to throw the game away and put PFM in a hospital bed next to Fox. And then I thought, "yeah, like his blood pressure will be SO MUCH lower NOT watching the game and having to WONDER what's happening...."

Glad to hear he's doing better though, for his sake and the teams. Nothing against Del Rio (who was a huge part of Cowboys Ds I grew up watching,) and I'm confident he can adapt based on his previous long coaching experience and PFM running most of the offense with Gase anyway, but there are surely many things Fox implemented himself and therefore grasps on a far deeper level.

It's just not worth a mans life; get well soon, Coach. :salute:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-12-2013, 07:22 PM
He strongly emphasized the two shots he hit while in the process of passing out. :laugh:

OrangeHoof
11-12-2013, 10:37 PM
When my mother had her stroke, she sat down on the floor of her apartment and then pulled the phone cord toward her until it fell next to her. Many years before that, she asked my Dad point blank "Why did you marry me?" and he said "because you can always handle yourself in a crisis."

Even while my widowed mom was having a stroke, she was proving again my dad was right about her.

Broncolingus
11-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Keep gettin' well, Coach!