PDA

View Full Version : Broncos an 8.5 favorite over the Chiefs

CrazyHorse
11-12-2013, 09:11 AM
The Denver Broncos will open Sunday Night Football against the Chiefs in Week 11 as an 8.5-point favorite, according to pregame.com.

It's at 8 and 9.5 in other places.

One big question that weighs into this is the health of Peyton Manning. Early signs are that he's going to be fine but an MRI is coming. That is the biggest thing remaining that could affect the line.

Last week I asked the guys over at Odds Shark what the line on the Chiefs-Broncos game would be. The official line wasn't up yet but our guy there polled two oddsmakers and they both said -6.5 for the Broncos. The difference between -6.5 and -8.5 is huge considering a lot of games end in a seven point difference. The Chargers lost to the Broncos by eight points last Sunday so KC would have to perform that well to have a shot at covering.

source:http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/11/11/5091246/chiefs-broncos-odds-line-spread-favorites

Vegas doesn't seem to believe in the Chiefs either. Neither do I. I'd still take the Broncos to cover the spread. Since this games
at home I think we manage to score over 30 and hold them to less than 20. I hope we expose them at home in front of a national audience.

CoachChaz
11-12-2013, 09:34 AM
31-17. That's what I've been telling local Chiefs fans for a month and I stick to it

NightTrainLayne
11-12-2013, 09:36 AM
31-17. That's what I've been telling local Chiefs fans for a month and I stick to it

How is DC?

CoachChaz
11-12-2013, 09:41 AM
How is DC?

Havent talked to him in awhile. I helped him get a job with a company I use to work for and as far as I can tell he's loving it. We'll e-mail every once in awhile, but it's probably been almost 2 years since we've actually seen each other. I'll have to hit him up today now that you mention it.

Mike
11-12-2013, 09:49 AM

Yeah, I can see it close at halftime and then Denver pulling away in the second half. Denver just needs to avoid the turnovers.

Northman
11-12-2013, 09:52 AM
49-0 Chiefs.

MOtorboat
11-12-2013, 10:06 AM

I think this sounds about right.

Joel
11-12-2013, 10:19 AM
Again, Vegas lines have NOTHING to do with who Vegas expects to win, by any margin; they couldn't possibly care less. They'll take a bet on ANYTHING: Which Cabinet member skips the State of the Union Address, whether it rains in Botswana tomorrow, what color the phlegm in your next cough will be; ANYTHING—as long as they can find someone to bet against you. THAT'S what the line is: How much cushion must they give the favorite to get equal money on both sides, so they pay the winner the losers money, take a cut from both and profit WHOEVER wins.

In other words, the line reflects who GAMBLERS (professionals, amateurs and homers) expect to win by how much. Vegas doesn't care; that's the point, and why the line's always x.5 pts; the only way they don't make money is on a push, which that half point makes impossible. So all this means is the majority of bettors (NOT bookies or analysts) expect us to win by more than a TD; big deal. Were I willing to bet against my own team I'd be tempted to take the Chefs and the points, so the money would comfort me if we lost and the win would comfort me if I did.

It would make a nice poll question: "How big would the line have to be for you to bet AGAINST us next weekend?" The over/under is a more interesting number this week.

PatriotsGuy
11-12-2013, 10:26 AM
How is DC?

Fat

MasterShake
11-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Yeah, I can see it close at halftime and then Denver pulling away in the second half. Denver just needs to avoid the turnovers.

I keep thinking about ways Denver could lose this game and that is a huge factor in my mind as well. If KC has to keep pace TD for TD with us they stand no chance. But if they can control the clock and get extra possessions, Denver is going to have a long night.

I have a TON of respect for the Chief's defense but I just cannot fathom how their offense is going to score on us if we play like we have been. Their biggest weapon is the run game and we have been pretty solid outside of a few instances overall in that department. It's really hard to gauge the defense for the Chiefs right now because of their opponents, and I am really anxious to see how Denver attacks it. If they manage to keep us under 20 I would be shocked. Either way these next 3 games are huge. I expect to get KC's best shot and am already pumped to be going to that game!

chazoe60
11-12-2013, 10:51 AM
The Chiefs have to be the worst 9-0 team in history. I do find it funny that they're giving the mullets hope because we all know how it'll end for those mouthbreathing morons. :laugh:

Dzone
11-12-2013, 10:53 AM
If its the battle of the Colquitt brothers, then we could be in trouble. Whichever brother punts less, will be the winner

LuisPastrana4
11-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Anyone coming to KC for the game here let me know!! I'm gonna have a big tailgate party before the game

MasterShake
11-12-2013, 11:04 AM
Anyone coming to KC for the game here let me know!! I'm gonna have a big tailgate party before the game

I'd love to go to a game in Arrowhead again. I went once a few years ago and had a blast. The fans were very classy actually. Good BBQ at the tailgates, too!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-12-2013, 11:07 AM
49-0 Chiefs.

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc240/punnett100/nut-kick.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/punnett100/media/nut-kick.gif.html)

Northman
11-12-2013, 11:51 AM
I keep thinking about ways Denver could lose this game and that is a huge factor in my mind as well. If KC has to keep pace TD for TD with us they stand no chance. But if they can control the clock and get extra possessions, Denver is going to have a long night.

I have a TON of respect for the Chief's defense but I just cannot fathom how their offense is going to score on us if we play like we have been. Their biggest weapon is the run game and we have been pretty solid outside of a few instances overall in that department. It's really hard to gauge the defense for the Chiefs right now because of their opponents, and I am really anxious to see how Denver attacks it. If they manage to keep us under 20 I would be shocked. Either way these next 3 games are huge. I expect to get KC's best shot and am already pumped to be going to that game!

Thats what the Chargers tried to do which was smart, but once they fell behind it changed how they had to play. I think the biggest thing is always the same thing that hurts us the most, turnovers and protecting Manning. I think this is a game where our defense has to step up and not let Smith look like Montana. We force them to go on a bunch of 3 and outs and stop Charles i think we will be fine and probably roll to a score like Coach posted. But if we turn it over and allow Charles to run all over us we could have some serious problems.

Army Bronco
11-12-2013, 12:15 PM
I just read that Bowe was arrested this week for a drug offense.

Dzone
11-12-2013, 12:28 PM
Wow...really?
Yep, sure did...busted for pot
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24223623/dwayne-bowe-arrested-for-speeding-possession-of-marijuana

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-12-2013, 12:29 PM

Wow...really?
Yep, sure did...busted for pot
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24223623/dwayne-bowe-arrested-for-speeding-possession-of-marijuana

He will probably still play this weekend, unless the league moves quickly to suspend him.

Dzone
11-12-2013, 12:35 PM
Ya, would expect him to play and they probably wont miss a beat...but you never know. Is pot possession viewed as bad as a DUI by the NFL?
Game of the year in the NFL says Rodney Harrison

MasterShake
11-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Thats what the Chargers tried to do which was smart, but once they fell behind it changed how they had to play. I think the biggest thing is always the same thing that hurts us the most, turnovers and protecting Manning. I think this is a game where our defense has to step up and not let Smith look like Montana. We force them to go on a bunch of 3 and outs and stop Charles i think we will be fine and probably roll to a score like Coach posted. But if we turn it over and allow Charles to run all over us we could have some serious problems.

Yup, San Diego and Washington both had a good blueprint to beat the Broncos. But as with most Blueprints, you also need the tools to execute them. Yes you need to keep Denver off the field on offense, but you also can't settle for Field Goals. I respect the Chargers offense a hell of a lot more than I do the Chiefs and the Broncos D kept them in check pretty well. The only thing that keeps me nervous about this game is that division opponents are never cakewalks and the Chief's pass rush could present problems. I still think only the Broncos can beat themselves at this point. Their one loss they did just that with those damn turnovers.

arapaho2
11-12-2013, 12:45 PM
Thats what the Chargers tried to do which was smart, but once they fell behind it changed how they had to play. I think the biggest thing is always the same thing that hurts us the most, turnovers and protecting Manning. I think this is a game where our defense has to step up and not let Smith look like Montana. We force them to go on a bunch of 3 and outs and stop Charles i think we will be fine and probably roll to a score like Coach posted. But if we turn it over and allow Charles to run all over us we could have some serious problems.as long as jdr trashes that aweful rush two alignment, and continues to bring heat

Shazam!
11-12-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm sorry, but I just don't think KC can win if Manning gets the right protection.

I know they've played some of the teams Denver has played, but they have wins against some piss poor or mediocre squads, Cleveland, Buffalo, Tennessee, Houston...

I see the Broncos rolling in this game, whatever the line is.

VonDoom
11-12-2013, 01:58 PM

Yeah, I said something very similar in the gameday thread last week. The Chargers tried their best to control the clock and keep Manning off the field, and we were still up 21-6 at the half. I'll take that any day, especially against Alex Smith. Our blueprint is the same as it should be every week - don't turn it over and protect Manning. Do that and we're golden.

Northman
11-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Yup, San Diego and Washington both had a good blueprint to beat the Broncos. But as with most Blueprints, you also need the tools to execute them. Yes you need to keep Denver off the field on offense, but you also can't settle for Field Goals. I respect the Chargers offense a hell of a lot more than I do the Chiefs and the Broncos D kept them in check pretty well. The only thing that keeps me nervous about this game is that division opponents are never cakewalks and the Chief's pass rush could present problems. I still think only the Broncos can beat themselves at this point. Their one loss they did just that with those damn turnovers.

The Chiefs are the Broncos Cleveland Browns.

Northman
11-12-2013, 02:03 PM
as long as jdr trashes that aweful rush two alignment, and continues to bring heat

Yea, i will never understand the 3 man rush. It does NOTHING and especially in Denver has never stopped anything. :lol:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Yea, i will never understand the 3 man rush. It does NOTHING and especially in Denver has never stopped anything. :lol:

Yeah, it never works. The only thing it does is give the QB more time to find a window to throw into.

MasterShake
11-12-2013, 02:05 PM
Crazy AFC West clinching scenario for Kansas City:

KANSAS CITY can clinch the AFC West title at home in three weeks when they host Denver if they win their next two games at Denver and vs. San Diego, and Denver loses at New England on Week 12. That would have Kansas City at 12-4 at worst with a season sweep of Denver, and Denver would be 12-4 at best.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

Should the Chiefs put that on their bulletin board or in the drawer of shattered dreams after Sunday?

Mike
11-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Ya, would expect him to play and they probably wont miss a beat...but you never know. Is pot possession viewed as bad as a DUI by the NFL?
Game of the year in the NFL says Rodney Harrison

Game of the year? Lol. I hope Denver exposes these clowns for what they are.

And Rodney Harrison is a moron.

I think this is his second offense. I seem to recall something in 2009 with him...but can't remember what.

MasterShake
11-12-2013, 02:46 PM

I think this is his second offense. I seem to recall something in 2009 with him...but can't remember what.

Just got back from trolling around the Chiefs boards and they seem like a confident bunch (aside from a few honest fans that just hope KC loses respectably).

I just don't know. If I was a Chiefs fan I would feel a lot like I did when the Broncos were 6-0 under McDaniels. I just kept waiting to be exposed and it did happen. The teams almost mirror each other - great defense keeping it close and the offense getting a lead late in the game to close it out.

Could it be possible the Chiefs could go on a big skid to end the season, or do they have just enough to keep pace? If Denver handles both games I can see a split with San Diego and losses to Indy, perhaps even the Redskins. Personally I think its cool to have a good division this year for once.

Slick
11-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Just got back from trolling around the Chiefs boards and they seem like a confident bunch (aside from a few honest fans that just hope KC loses respectably).

I just don't know. If I was a Chiefs fan I would feel a lot like I did when the Broncos were 6-0 under McDaniels. I just kept waiting to be exposed and it did happen. The teams almost mirror each other - great defense keeping it close and the offense getting a lead late in the game to close it out.

Could it be possible the Chiefs could go on a big skid to end the season, or do they have just enough to keep pace? If Denver handles both games I can see a split with San Diego and losses to Indy, perhaps even the Redskins. Personally I think its cool to have a good division this year for once.

6 of their next 7 games are against playoff teams, or teams that will be fighting for a wild card spot. We'll definitely see if they are for real.

Ravage!!!
11-12-2013, 04:08 PM
6 of their next 7 games are against playoff teams, or teams that will be fighting for a wild card spot. We'll definitely see if they are for real.

How many Back-up QBs have they faced this year so far?

Fitzpatrick in Tenn.
Pryor in Oakland (although he's now the starter)
Keenum in Houston (3rd string)
Campbell in Cleveland (3rd string)
Tuel in Buffalo (3rd string)

and that's not even counting the fact that Gabbert is worse than Henne when playing Jax.

Slick
11-12-2013, 04:30 PM
How many Back-up QBs have they faced this year so far?

Fitzpatrick in Tenn.
Pryor in Oakland (although he's now the starter)
Keenum in Houston (3rd string)
Campbell in Cleveland (3rd string)
Tuel in Buffalo (3rd string)

and that's not even counting the fact that Gabbert is worse than Henne when playing Jax.

They've been fortunate. You just know they were extremely disappointed in Peyton's MRI results. They thoughtthey had a shot at going against Brock this week.

MasterShake
11-12-2013, 04:32 PM
They've been fortunate. You just know they were extremely disappointed in Peyton's MRI results. They thought they had a shot at going against Brock this week.

Oh they will see Brock alright. In the 3rd quarter after we are up by 4 scores.

GEM
11-12-2013, 04:39 PM
Again, Vegas lines have NOTHING to do with who Vegas expects to win, by any margin; they couldn't possibly care less. They'll take a bet on ANYTHING: Which Cabinet member skips the State of the Union Address, whether it rains in Botswana tomorrow, what color the phlegm in your next cough will be; ANYTHING—as long as they can find someone to bet against you. THAT'S what the line is: How much cushion must they give the favorite to get equal money on both sides, so they pay the winner the losers money, take a cut from both and profit WHOEVER wins.

In other words, the line reflects who GAMBLERS (professionals, amateurs and homers) expect to win by how much. Vegas doesn't care; that's the point, and why the line's always x.5 pts; the only way they don't make money is on a push, which that half point makes impossible. So all this means is the majority of bettors (NOT bookies or analysts) expect us to win by more than a TD; big deal. Were I willing to bet against my own team I'd be tempted to take the Chefs and the points, so the money would comfort me if we lost and the win would comfort me if I did.

It would make a nice poll question: "How big would the line have to be for you to bet AGAINST us next weekend?" The over/under is a more interesting number this week.

I think that's stating the obvious. I think anyone who understands lines and bets knows that it's the gambler's money, not Vegas setting the lines.

GEM
11-12-2013, 04:40 PM
If its the battle of the Colquitt brothers, then we could be in trouble. Whichever brother punts less, will be the winner

Speaking of...is it just me or does our Colquitt seem to be having some issues? Short punts seem to be his forte this season. :tsk:

BroncoWave
11-12-2013, 04:43 PM

How does calling this the game of the year make Harrison a moron? I'm not saying he isn't a moron, because he is, but how is this not the game of the year so far? This is a 9-0 team vs. an 8-1 team. Say what you want about KC, but this is an incredibly important game and could be a pretty exciting one.

BroncoWave
11-12-2013, 04:45 PM
I think that's stating the obvious. I think anyone who understands lines and bets knows that it's the gambler's money, not Vegas setting the lines.

Well, not exactly. Vegas sets the initial lines, then the gamblers shift it one way or the other. So since we opened as an 8.5 point favorite, that's around how Vegas thinks we will do.

Joel
11-12-2013, 06:08 PM

That's the one match up that favors us: Their only offensive strength is running, and we have the leagues #3 run D. Now, all the blowouts the first month probably inflated that just as it deflated our pass D stats, but Vickerson's proven I wasn't just imagining him stepping his game up at the end of last year, and Knighton's been a MASSIVE improvement over ANYONE we've had in the middle since Trevor Pryce got sick of it and insisted on playing DE even if he had to leave town to do it. Unless Smith gets loose in the flat or gets a crease up the middle, we can shut their weak offense down COLD.

The problem is their offense rarely wins them games anyway: They win with a fierce pass rush forcing fumbles and bad throws (which our line's gotten good at allowing) to good DBs, notably Berry and Flowers. If Manning's rushing off target throws because he never knows when he'll have protection and/or our receivers are getting pushed out of plays or tipping balls in the air, it could get ugly fast. Ideally, we run on them, so it doesn't matter, because their statistical weakness against the run is the other big match up favoring us, but if we had a good enough line to run on a decent D I wouldn't be sweating the pass protection.

The difference is the Chargers D is statistically average and Washingtons is second worst in the league: If that gameplan only need the tools to succeed, KC has them. I think we can contain Charles and win anyway, but we MUST block, even if it means starting Green and Dreesen; even if it means putting Justice in as a FB, too (I'm only half kidding there.)

We need to run; they're much weaker against running than passing: We MUST block.
We need to protect Manning so he's not getting strip-sacked and/or rushing panicked off target throws: We MUST block.
We also need to protect Manning so he can still walk under his own power when we face NEs much improved D on the road next week, then KC AGAIN on the road after that: We MUST block.

I like Orange Julius' highlight reel as much as anyone but, holy Hell, can we PRIORITIZE for, like, 5 seconds?! It's not like we don't have (at least) 2 Pro Bowl receivers plus Moreno without Julius, and Dreesen and Tamme DO have opposable thumbs. Even Green got a catch Sunday. It's a marathon, not a sprint, and 37 year old pure pocket passers can't sprint on two sprained ankles; if he were a literal Bronco we'd have to put him down. If our line couldn't stop geriatric Robert Mathis htf will they stop Hali, Houston and Johnson? Think Ramirez and Beadles can just brush Poe aside for Moreno?

Crazy AFC West clinching scenario for Kansas City:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

Should the Chiefs put that on their bulletin board or in the drawer of shattered dreams after Sunday?
Dude, that's the reality; for all the talk about "exposing" a team that's just "pretenders" for posting the same record we did against good offenses and bad defenses, we need to focus on doing our job. Even if a win Sunday just puts us even, with Arrowhead to come. Not only that, THEY got Buffalo instead of NE. The Lambs just crushed the Colts 38-8; they aren't the team who beat us with 4 turnovers: Reggie Wayne's out for the year, and Luck has no magic immunity to injury either; KC MIGHT beat them. Even if they don't there's still the NE game between us. Houston's better with Keenum than they were with Schaub, too.

Realistically, we need to win 2 of our next 3 to stay in serious contention for the division, let alone homefield. Two of those game are on the road in places we typically suck, and our three opponents have a combined TWO losses between them (one of which was in OT.)

No way; the Bolts and 'Skins both have 5 losses already, with more to come soon. team. KC should beat SD at Arrowhead, the Bungles should beat them in SD, and we should beat them at Mile High; they'll have 8 losses halfway through December even if they don't lose to Miami, and be out of it before they host KC in week 17. SF should stomp Washington even if they beat a Philly team they already lost to at home, so KC's probably loss #8. I give them a better shot than SD just because the NFCE is weak, the Philly game should be a shootout and I NEVER try to predict Cowboys/'Skins games; they're just too NUTS.

So THREE of KCs remaining games are against playoff teams—but two of them happen to be us, and if their record against good offenses and bad defenses proves nothing, our matching record against them proves no more. It comes down to whether one of us sweeps the other in the next three weeks or, if we split, whether one of us DOESN'T sweep SD. If it's still tied, common games, which kills us if they beat Indy; if it's tied after that, conference games, which kills us if NE beats us, then SoV, the only place we've got a clear edge. A week ago we needed to win 3 of our next 4; having won the first, we need to win 2 of our next 3.

Joel
11-12-2013, 06:22 PM
I genuinely wonder sometimes, because whenever a big line's posted people make a big deal out of it like the genius oddsmakers have declared us the better team. No, just A bettor team. The Vegas or any line is basically just a glorified over-mystified poll, yet many people act like it's a fact or the verdict of analysts, which makes no more sense then taking it as fact that Lance Armstrong was the first man on the Moon just because a poll of ignorant people said so (and, no offense intended to anyone, but giving Vegas a fee hoping they'll payoff with someones elses money is dubious to me.)

If anything, people should consistently bet against EVERY line, because public opinion tends to overestimate favorites, and the bigger the favorite the bigger the overestimate. There've been plenty of ACTUAL statistical studies of that by ACTUAL analysts over the years; remember the Jags game when all the commentators kept saying the favorite's only covered a record NFL spread ONCE? Did we even come close? ;)

Speaking of...is it just me or does our Colquitt seem to be having some issues? Short punts seem to be his forte this season. :tsk:
I honestly think he was just rusty after the first month, but doubt that's still an issue; we haven't been the same since Clady went down in that otherwise meaningless Jags game.

Mike
11-12-2013, 07:29 PM
How does calling this the game of the year make Harrison a moron? I'm not saying he isn't a moron, because he is, but how is this not the game of the year so far? This is a 9-0 team vs. an 8-1 team. Say what you want about KC, but this is an incredibly important game and could be a pretty exciting one.

Because the Chiefs are frauds. The only thing I can think of that makes people think so highly of the Chiefs is that they haven't actually watched their games. They are an ok team, but they are not a SB contending team despite their record. So I guess on paper...looking at records alone...this is the game of the year. I hope the Broncos bring their A game and we can all laugh at the game of the year Sunday night.

Nomad
11-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Just win the game, BRONCOS!

BroncoWave
11-12-2013, 07:47 PM
Because the Chiefs are frauds. The only thing I can think of that makes people think so highly of the Chiefs is that they haven't actually watched their games. They are an ok team, but they are not a SB contending team despite their record. So I guess on paper...looking at records alone...this is the game of the year. I hope the Broncos bring their A game and we can all laugh at the game of the year Sunday night.

And what if they aren't frauds? What if they give us a close game? I certainly think we are better than them, but to scoff at calling this a big game is being a little arrogant. It's not like we've been killing teams lately.

Nomad
11-12-2013, 07:54 PM
Chiefs usually play the BRONCOS tough. It's become my favorite rivalry game since Seattle left the division.

Joel
11-12-2013, 08:33 PM
And what if they aren't frauds? What if they give us a close game? I certainly think we are better than them, but to scoff at calling this a big game is being a little arrogant. It's not like we've been killing teams lately.
If I'd known you were going to distill it all down so distinctly I could've saved myself a lot of typing. :tongue:

Mike
11-12-2013, 08:44 PM

Have you watched their games? I have seen all except the Jax (1st game) and I feel comfortable calling them frauds. They are getting by against the likes of Jason Campbell, Case Keenum, Jeff Tuell...and I don't mean dominating. Barely getting by. They are very similar to the Tebow led Broncos. Solid defense and special teams, terrible offense but they don't turn it over much. They let teams beat themselves. That works against bad teams...but I expect that will come to an end in the coming weeks.

Their defense has been solid and is their strength. But compare them to Denver over the last 3 games (since Miller came back) and they are pretty comparable. Offenses don't even have to be compared.

FanInAZ
11-12-2013, 11:28 PM

Are you counting the 3-6 Raiders or Redskins as one of your 6 playoff teams? Yes, the Redskins were a 10-6 playoff team last years, but they would have to win out to get to 10 wins this year.

Dzone
11-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Nothing wrong with Rodney Harrison. This is the game of the year so far in the NFL. I think he does a decent job. I would rather listen to Rodney Harrison than that commie Bob Costas any day lol

Captain Speardog
11-13-2013, 01:55 AM

Colquitt? Who is that? Never heard of him. Does he play for Denver?

BroncoWave
11-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Nothing wrong with Rodney Harrison. This is the game of the year so far in the NFL. I think he does a decent job. I would rather listen to Rodney Harrison than that commie Bob Costas any day lol

I don't see how you can say anything other than this being the game of the year. Despite how overrated you think the Chiefs are, 9-0 vs 8-1 with both teams being in the same division is a HUGE game. If this isn't the game of the year so far, which game is/was?

CoachChaz
11-13-2013, 09:12 AM
I don't see how you can say anything other than this being the game of the year. Despite how overrated you think the Chiefs are, 9-0 vs 8-1 with both teams being in the same division is a HUGE game. If this isn't the game of the year so far, which game is/was?

I'll agree up to this point it's the game of the year. But after 16 games, I think we'll see it wasnt as big as it appeared at the time.

GEM
11-13-2013, 10:26 AM
Colquitt? Who is that? Never heard of him. Does he play for Denver?

Punter?

BigDaddyBronco
11-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Punter?

We have a punter?

Northman
11-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Punter?

No one remembers the kickers. We've had Anubis backing up Prater for years and does anyone ever mention that baller? Nope....

Ravage!!!
11-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Have you watched their games? I have seen all except the Jax (1st game) and I feel comfortable calling them frauds. They are getting by against the likes of Jason Campbell, Case Keenum, Jeff Tuell...and I don't mean dominating. Barely getting by. They are very similar to the Tebow led Broncos. Solid defense and special teams, terrible offense but they don't turn it over much. They let teams beat themselves. That works against bad teams...but I expect that will come to an end in the coming weeks.

Their defense has been solid and is their strength. But compare them to Denver over the last 3 games (since Miller came back) and they are pretty comparable. Offenses don't even have to be compared.

That's a perfect example. The Tebow games we had, or the 6 game winning streak we had with Orton. Strong Defense that has been capitalizing, and a weak offense that let the defense do the hard work.

Now I'm NEVER discounting a division team, but the Chiefs...so far....have never been in a position to have to "catch up" to an offense that can score. I think the game will be closer than I would like, but I REALLY REALLY REALLY want us to be able to BLOW THEM OUT OF THE WATER and watch their heads just spin!

CoachChaz
11-13-2013, 11:48 AM
I compare the Chiefs defense to Baltimore. Strong edge rushers and a solid DT. We did a pretty good job of handling them. I think the Giants defense is comparable as well. Their defense doesnt scare me anymore than any other team. I think we can hang 30+ on them.

Ravage!!!
11-13-2013, 11:50 AM
I compare the Chiefs defense to Baltimore. Strong edge rushers and a solid DT. We did a pretty good job of handling them. I think the Giants defense is comparable as well. Their defense doesnt scare me anymore than any other team. I think we can hang 30+ on them.

When we do hang 30 on them, that's going to be awesome.

TXBRONC
11-13-2013, 11:57 AM
I don't think Denver will blow them out I expect it will close like the Chargers game was.

Slick
11-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Are you counting the 3-6 Raiders or Redskins as one of your 6 playoff teams? Yes, the Redskins were a 10-6 playoff team last years, but they would have to win out to get to 10 wins this year.

I was counting Denver twice, San Diego twice, the Colts, and the Redskins. That was the six I was referring to. Washington even at 3-6 could still comeback and make a wildcard or even win the division when division leading Cowboys and Eagles are 5-5 right now.

I wasn't making playoff predictions. Joel kind of over analyzed my post. Those 6 teams are still in the hunt and I thought by looking at the schedule Shake posted, those teams could give the Chiefs a run for their money.

RebelRocker
11-13-2013, 01:07 PM

I can certainly see the Chiefs finishing 12-4 or 11-5
I think we win both matchups this year(not saying they'll be blowouts, but we will
Win those games)
I see them splitting the series with the Chargers
And I don't see them beating both Luck and RGIII

The Chiefs this year remind me of a person who's bad at playing pool,
But they keep winning games because their opponent keeps scratching on the 8 ball
Or they hit their balls in for them on accident.
It's been so frustrating watching them play bad teams and get handled by
Those teams, only to come up with one or two plays to win them the game
I'm not expecting us to walk all over them, but for the sake of shutting people up and make
A statement, I hope we crush them

Denver Native (Carol)
11-13-2013, 01:23 PM
I did not have time to read all posts, but if it has not been posted before - projected forecast for Sunday - a high of 41, snow, and low of 20. Hopefully that does not happen.

http://radar.cbslocal.com/kcnc/5day.jpg

Joel
11-13-2013, 02:41 PM
I don't think Denver will blow them out I expect it will close like the Chargers game was.
That's the thing: The Chargers are a .500 team and the Chiefs are unbeaten; I don't consider them comparable. For one thing, the Bolts have a pretty good offense this year, but their D is strictly average, even though it held us to our lowest scoring total of the year (though our offense was worse against Washington; our D scored most of those points, while our offense only managed to outscore itself 21-14.) At a certain point, saying the Chiefs haven't had to play catch up becomes less an argument that they can't and more an argument they DON'T, in fact, need to do so. That point is the halfway mark, which was last week.

Sooner or later they'll probably lose a game because someone gets through their D (which is weak against the run) and their anemic offense (basically just Charles, with Alex Smith making something out of the occasional broken play) can't pull that slack. In terms of match ups though, this looks unlikely to be that game. Our blocking's so weak our rushing totals are 20th in the league, despite starting the season with a month of blowouts, and our QB's had two MRIs in the past month. Plus, y'know, three strip-sacks for points in as many games, all on Clark, who won't be magically and suddenly improved against KC.

If gloating over a game we haven't played yet is irresistible, I advise at least restricting it to fellow Broncos fans who won't rub our noses in it if the worst happens. Frankly, I just hope PFM can play after Sunday.

MOtorboat
11-13-2013, 02:52 PM
So, just out of curiosity Joel, how is thinking Denver is going to win any different than writing novel after novel about how they are going to lose?

underrated29
11-13-2013, 03:29 PM
I did not read through the whole thread. But really.

like really.

..................Does anyone actually think the cheifs will score more than 2 tds on us? The chargers only scored 1 and their offense is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better. Does anyone actually think that the cheifs can return 3 tds on defense and score another 1 on offense? If they did they would tie than half our average (last i looked it was 46ppg). * Edit math fail. 56 would be that. and we are not 56-oh well.

FACTS:
Our defense has played better than the cheifs the last three games.
We have allowed less yards than their D, while playing better offenses, than their D, the last 3 games.
We have had more sacks then their defense the last 3 games
We have had more interceptions then their defense the last 3 games.

So how exactly are we supposed to be scared of their defense? How exactly are the chefs supposed to score on that defense, remember their offense is last or near dead last? How exactly are we supposed to lose this game? What about their team vs ours shows in any fashion that they can put up more points sunday night then we can?

Denvers offense vs chefs defense = Denvers O will still score.
Denver D vs chefs O= Charles will likely get 100+ yards ( i have him in fantasy so i hope he does) TDs- they might get 1 if they are lucky.
Special teams vs Special teams= Our Special teams is way better. We have a better kicker (prater) better returner (holliday) and our lil brother is not as good but just below the other colquitt punter.

Broncolingus
11-13-2013, 03:36 PM
All the defense needs to do is shut down Charles and the KC running game...put the ball in 'Meh' Smith's hands and make him beat you passing...which he absolutely won't.

Denver's OL is the other key, as there shouldn't be a Chef that gets within 10-yards of Manning ALL night Sunday...they owe him a little love for the Indy and Charger game and keep his jersey clean.

...and the fact that regardless, Manning doesn't have much left in the 'taking hits' account, so that's pretty much done for the rest of season there OL - got it?

Do those two things, and I think KCs (good) defense will wear down the second half and Denver will win handily...

...don't do those things, esp. pass protect, and look out.

JMO...

Joel
11-13-2013, 03:59 PM
I did not have time to read all posts, but if it has not been posted before - projected forecast for Sunday - a high of 41, snow, and low of 20. Hopefully that does not happen.

Yick. I hope it warms up and clears out before then. And that Charles and KCs speed rushers are gasping for air by the fourth quarter (or better yet, second.)

So, just out of curiosity Joel, how is thinking Denver is going to win any different than writing novel after novel about how they are going to lose?
I'm not saying they'll lose, I'm just not gushing about how we're going to "expose" the Chiefs as a fake undefeated team and beat them by 3-4 TDs. If I were predicting a CERTAIN KC win, by double digits, that would be a valid comparison, but that's not the situation.

like really.

..................Does anyone actually think the cheifs will score more than 2 tds on us? The chargers only scored 1 and their offense is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY better. Does anyone actually think that the cheifs can return 3 tds on defense and score another 1 on offense? If they did they would tie than half our average (last i looked it was 46ppg). * Edit math fail. 56 would be that. and we are not 56-oh well.

FACTS:
Our defense has played better than the cheifs the last three games.
We have allowed less yards than their D, while playing better offenses, than their D, the last 3 games.
We have had more sacks then their defense the last 3 games
We have had more interceptions then their defense the last 3 games.

So how exactly are we supposed to be scared of their defense? How exactly are the chefs supposed to score on that defense, remember their offense is last or near dead last? How exactly are we supposed to lose this game? What about their team vs ours shows in any fashion that they can put up more points sunday night then we can?

Denvers offense vs chefs defense = Denvers O will still score.
Denver D vs chefs O= Charles will likely get 100+ yards ( i have him in fantasy so i hope he does) TDs- they might get 1 if they are lucky.
Special teams vs Special teams= Our Special teams is way better. We have a better kicker (prater) better returner (holliday) and our lil brother is not as good but just below the other colquitt punter.
I don't think their OFFENSE will score >2 TDs, because it sucks apart from Charles, and we play the run well. But saying we got more turnovers in the last three games loses something when one considers all but 1 was against Washington; we didn't get ANY Sunday (the good news is we only gave up 1, rather than FOUR, as in each of the two preceding games.) Clark alone's had a strip-sack that cost us a TD (or, in Indys case, a safety followed by a TD) in those last three games. The Chiefs have caused more and committed less turnovers than anyone else; that matters, especially with our awful blocking.

We MUST block well; there's just no way around that, not only in terms of the game (we COULD survive a loss as long as we win the next three,) but in PFM surviving till the postseason, let alone SB. He'll need a bye. If our backs are getting hit at the handoff and Moreno needs his tackle-breaking, pile-moving "attitude" just to reach the LoS, while PFM's strip-sacked multiple times with and has Ints when his arm's hit, we'll lose.

We can't allow that; if we prevent it, their inability to stop the run on D or do anything BUT run on offense should let our good run D win the game.

CoachChaz
11-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Chiefs sack totals against CLE and BUF.........ONE

TXBRONC
11-13-2013, 04:12 PM
That's the thing: The Chargers are a .500 team and the Chiefs are unbeaten; I don't consider them comparable. For one thing, the Bolts have a pretty good offense this year, but their D is strictly average, even though it held us to our lowest scoring total of the year (though our offense was worse against Washington; our D scored most of those points, while our offense only managed to outscore itself 21-14.) At a certain point, saying the Chiefs haven't had to play catch up becomes less an argument that they can't and more an argument they DON'T, in fact, need to do so. That point is the halfway mark, which was last week.

Sooner or later they'll probably lose a game because someone gets through their D (which is weak against the run) and their anemic offense (basically just Charles, with Alex Smith making something out of the occasional broken play) can't pull that slack. In terms of match ups though, this looks unlikely to be that game. Our blocking's so weak our rushing totals are 20th in the league, despite starting the season with a month of blowouts, and our QB's had two MRIs in the past month. Plus, y'know, three strip-sacks for points in as many games, all on Clark, who won't be magically and suddenly improved against KC.

If gloating over a game we haven't played yet is irresistible, I advise at least restricting it to fellow Broncos fans who won't rub our noses in it if the worst happens. Frankly, I just hope PFM can play after Sunday.

You're misunderstanding me. I don't think Denver will lose I think it will be close. Overplaying your hand and not considering other factors. Denver's offensive line isn't hot garbage. Manning is still one of the least sacked quarterbacks in the League and please don't give me the bs that it's ONLY because Manning gets rid of the ball so fast. It is certainly a huge but its not the only one. Obviously Chris Clark isn't as good as Ryan Clady that's why he would be the back if Clady was not injuried. You are aware that Denver throws the ball about 60% of the time and if you don't think that contributes to their ranking then I don't what to tell you.

While I don't generally gloat it wouldn't matter if I did because I won't be one guys playing the game so it doesn't matter what I or who I say it too.

Joel
11-13-2013, 06:47 PM
You're misunderstanding me. I don't think Denver will lose I think it will be close. Overplaying your hand and not considering other factors. Denver's offensive line isn't hot garbage. Manning is still one of the least sacked quarterbacks in the League and please don't give me the bs that it's ONLY because Manning gets rid of the ball so fast. It is certainly a huge but its not the only one. Obviously Chris Clark isn't as good as Ryan Clady that's why he would be the back if Clady was not injuried. You are aware that Denver throws the ball about 60% of the time and if you don't think that contributes to their ranking then I don't what to tell you.

While I don't generally gloat it wouldn't matter if I did because I won't be one guys playing the game so it doesn't matter what I or who I say it too.
Our sack TOTAL is impressive because we only had 5 until a month ago; now we have 13. Just like PFMs 6 Ints looks good because he only had 1 through the first 5 games (and none through the first four,) but how many does that mean he's had in the last four games? Clark alone's allowed strip-sacks that cost us TDS in EACH of our last THREE games; against a team leading the NFL in takeaways, that's a real concern. Just like I hear people saying Knowshon's got a fine average (4.2 is actually just an average average, but not the point:) That's true if we ignore him averaging 5.1 per carry until Franklin got hurt and 3.3 since.

Sadly, we don't get to play KC with the line we had against Baltimore, so stats we padded with games against them and Oakland mean about as much as, well, the stats KC padded against Oakland and Cleveland.

All that said, predicting a close Denver home win is reasonable and understandable; we're not helpless and the game's not hopeless. Bragging about "exposing" an unbeaten teams mediocrity when our SEASON'S skipping practices and getting follow up MRIs is just inviting comeuppance. They ballhawk and we ballflop, which also invites disaster. I always feel the difference between arrogance and confidence is bragging before rather than after games. "It ain't braggin' if it's true," but if it's just speculation....

MOtorboat
11-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Our sack TOTAL is impressive because we only had 5 until a month ago; now we have 13. Just like PFMs 6 Ints looks good because he only had 1 through the first 5 games (and none through the first four,) but how many does that mean he's had in the last four games? Clark alone's allowed strip-sacks that cost us TDS in EACH of our last THREE games; against a team leading the NFL in takeaways, that's a real concern. Just like I hear people saying Knowshon's got a fine average (4.2 is actually just an average average, but not the point:) That's true if we ignore him averaging 5.1 per carry until Franklin got hurt and 3.3 since.

Sadly, we don't get to play KC with the line we had against Baltimore, so stats we padded with games against them and Oakland mean about as much as, well, the stats KC padded against Oakland and Cleveland.

Yeah, come on guys! Get with the program!

Manning's only on pace for 5,770 yards and 59 touchdowns. Obviously, this season is just going down the tubes!

:rolleyes:

Joel
11-13-2013, 06:59 PM
Chiefs sack totals against CLE and BUF.........ONE
That would be good point if we hadn't dumped Bills RT Erik Pears and their rookie LT Cordy Glenn weren't playing even better, or if trade talks for Clevelands sextuple Pro Bowl LT Joe Thomas hadn't failed.

That's not where we are though, is it?

MOtorboat
11-13-2013, 07:01 PM
That would be good point if we hadn't dumped Bills RT Erik Pears and their rookie LT Cordy Glenn weren't playing even better, or if trade talks for Clevelands sextuple Pro Bowl LT Joe Thomas hadn't failed.

That's not where we are though, is it?

So how many sacks for Kansas City there Joel. 15, 16? Complete devastation of Manning's entire body?

On second thought, you might enjoy that...

Joel
11-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Yeah, come on guys! Get with the program!

Manning's only on pace for 5,770 yards and 59 touchdowns. Obviously, this season is just going down the tubes!

:rolleyes:
KC's on pace for >40 takeaways and >60 sacks. Remember just a month ago when Manning was on pace for 7000 yds and 70 TDs? Pace only matters if it's MAINTAINED, because "it's a marathon, not a sprint." To give an idea how much our "pace" has declined: Not only was Sunday our lowest scoring game (against a below average D,) but right now WE'RE NOT THE #1 OFFENSE! Granted, Phillys lead is only, like, a dozen yards and they haven't had their bye yet, but on our FORMER pace that never mattered, because we were so far ahead of everyone else.

So how many sacks for Kansas City there Joel. 15, 16? Complete devastation of Manning's entire body?

On second thought, you might enjoy that...
I'M not the one insisting we start a TE who can't block because all the scoring makes PFMs health superfluous. I realize we can't spare the dude though; without him, all we have is two Pro Bowl WRs (one of whom was just named AFC Offensive Player of the Week,) a pretty good #2, a good receiving back and another TE who blocks VERY well and had 356 yds and 5 TDs last year.

MOtorboat
11-13-2013, 07:13 PM
KC's on pace for >40 takeaways and >60 sacks. Remember just a month ago when Manning was on pace for 7000 yds and 70 TDs? Pace only matters if it's MAINTAINED, because "it's a marathon, not a sprint." To give an idea how much our "pace" has declined: Not only was Sunday our lowest scoring game (against a below average D,) but right now WE'RE NOT THE #1 OFFENSE! Granted, Phillys lead is only, like, a dozen yards and they haven't had their bye yet, but on our FORMER pace that never mattered, because we were so far ahead of everyone else.

I'M not the one insisting we start a TE who can't block because all the scoring makes PFMs health superfluous. I realize we can't spare the dude though; without him, all we have is two Pro Bowl WRs (one of whom was just named AFC Offensive Player of the Week,) a pretty good #2, a good receiving back and another TE who blocks VERY well and had 356 yds and 5 TDs last year.

Philly's played one more game than Denver. But I'm sure you knew that.

Facts are stubborn things.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-13-2013, 07:38 PM
If the odds makers thought we were evenly matched teams the point spread would be 3.

TXBRONC
11-13-2013, 07:44 PM

All that said, predicting a close Denver home win is reasonable and understandable; we're not helpless and the game's not hopeless. Bragging about "exposing" an unbeaten teams mediocrity when our SEASON'S skipping practices and getting follow up MRIs is just inviting comeuppance. They ballhawk and we ballflop, which also invites disaster. I always feel the difference between arrogance and confidence is bragging before rather than after games. "It ain't braggin' if it's true," but if it's just speculation....

That is not true. Denver has been in double digit sacks for five or six weeks. In fact right about the midway point of Miller's suspension that it mentioned that Denver had the exact same amount sacks at point as they did a year ago and that when had 11 sacks. They now have 26 not 13. As usual Joel your numbers have match with the facts. Last year 13 total interceptions they already have 16 this year. Makes sure you have your facts because you're looking very foolish.

Nomad
11-13-2013, 07:45 PM

I love a good snow game. Manning will just have to have a hot tottie:D

Denver Native (Carol)
11-13-2013, 07:48 PM
I love a good snow game. Manning will just have to have a hot tottie:D

Now they are saying that the snow could come in Sat. night, and be finished before the game Sunday night - but it will be cold.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-13-2013, 07:50 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h

Chiefs announced they were awarded wide receiver Kyle Williams via waivers from the San Francisco 49ers.
Retweeted by Vic Lombardi

MOtorboat
11-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h

Chiefs announced they were awarded wide receiver Kyle Williams via waivers from the San Francisco 49ers.
Retweeted by Vic Lombardi

Championship.

Joel
11-13-2013, 08:33 PM
That is not true. Denver has been in double digit sacks for five or six weeks. In fact right about the midway point of Miller's suspension that it mentioned that Denver had the exact same amount sacks at point as they did a year ago and that when had 11 sacks. They now have 26 not 13. As usual Joel your numbers have match with the facts. Last year 13 total interceptions they already have 16 this year. Makes sure you have your facts because you're looking very foolish.
Sacks ALLOWED, not sacks MADE. See, because the claim was we've ALLOWED so few sacks? And I'm worried about our OFFENSIVE line? Not defense? Remember "Is our defense better than our offense right now"?

Philly's played one more game than Denver. But I'm sure you knew that.

Facts are stubborn things.
I did, like, SAY IT POINT BLANK, so yes, I did. Thanks for reading before replying.

MOtorboat
11-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Sacks ALLOWED, not sacks MADE. See, because the claim was we've ALLOWED so few sacks? And I'm worried about our OFFENSIVE line? Not the defense? Remember "Is our defense better than our offense right now"?

I did, like, SAY IT POINT BLANK, so yes, I did. Thanks for reading before replying.

Forgive me. I get sick of reading ridiculous novels about how the 8-1 Broncos with the best offense in the NFL suck in thread after thread after thread after thread after thread...starting to become spam at this point.

We get it. You hate this team.

Joel
11-13-2013, 09:25 PM
Forgive me. I get sick of reading ridiculous novels about how the 8-1 Broncos with the best offense in the NFL suck in thread after thread after thread after thread after thread...starting to become spam at this point.

We get it. You hate this team.
Yeah, totally what I said. 'Sall about me. I'm the guy who spent Monday getting the second MRI in a month, then missed practice today.

MOtorboat
11-13-2013, 11:06 PM
The Chiefs offense (counting extra points) is only responsible for 12.4 points per game. The Broncos offense is responsible for 34.2.

Joel
11-13-2013, 11:23 PM
The Chiefs offense (counting extra points) is only responsible for 12.4 points per game. The Broncos offense is responsible for 34.2.
It's even higher counting points we scored for OPPONENTS. ;) KCs D is VERY good at getting offenses to do that, btw. We all know they didn't win 9 games on their offense (apart from its league-low 8 giveaways.)

Davii
11-13-2013, 11:41 PM
It must be hard to be the most negative person in any conversation at all times.

Pudge
11-13-2013, 11:43 PM

I want to double high five this, I've been arguing this point for two weeks with my friends

Joel
11-14-2013, 12:20 AM
I want to double high five this, I've been arguing this point for two weeks with my friends
I wouldn't use THOSE numbers, because they just count TDs and ignore FGs:

KC has 18 FGs, 7 rushing and 9 passing TDs for 166 pts and 18.4 pts/game (not 112 pts and 14.22.../game)
We have 12 FGs, 33 passing and 11 rushing TDs for 343 pts, 38.1/game (not 308 and 34.22.../game)

In fact, the 308 pt count would be off regardless, because it assumes we kicked a PAT on every TD: We actually tried and failed a 2 PAT, so we only got 307 pts off our offensive TDs. Sloppy.

Two weeks ago it was 19.625 and 39.375, so both scoring averages fell ~1.2 pts/game. I guess that means we're "on pace to average" 11.225 and 30.925 pts/game by seasons end. :tongue:

Only thing certain is ONE of us blows the others curve this week: Either KC allows >12.6 pts or we score <41.3. Since their last game was right at their average (13) and ours was a season low (28) I'm concerned.

Captain Speardog
11-14-2013, 12:44 AM
Punter?

Punter? WTF is a "punter"? Sounds like a female issue.

wayninja
11-14-2013, 01:16 AM
8.5 points? They think KC will score 42 points?

FanInAZ
11-14-2013, 02:57 AM
I was counting Denver twice, San Diego twice, the Colts, and the Redskins. That was the six I was referring to. Washington even at 3-6 could still comeback and make a wildcard or even win the division when division leading Cowboys and Eagles are 5-5 right now.

I wasn't making playoff predictions. Joel kind of over analyzed my post. Those 6 teams are still in the hunt and I thought by looking at the schedule Shake posted, those teams could give the Chiefs a run for their money.

Right now, the Redskins are 3 games behind the 49ers and Panthers for the 2 NFCWC spots with 7 to go. Even if the most favorable of what I consider being realistic scenarios happen, I don’t see the Redskins still being in contention for one of those spots in 5 weeks. My expectation is that they will be mathematically eliminated in 2 or 3 weeks depending upon how the tiebreaks work out between them and the Panthers.

I expect the Cowboys to not only extend their lead over the Redskins to 3 games, but also clinch the tiebreaker this week which would be as good as them leading by 4 games with 6 to go. I expect them out of their reach of the Redskins in 3 weeks.

Key for the following charts:

Capital W or L: I believe that the best case of what I consider to be realistic scenarios will actually occur in that game.
Lower Case w or l: I expect the opposite results.

(Team’s best case scenario record/what I expect to be the team’s record after that game)
Note: I expect these records to be the same for the 49ers and Panthers

[Best possible records at the point for the Redskins]

Personal Commentary

Redskins (3-6/10-6)
Eagles w (4-6/3-7) [10-6/9-7]
49ers L (4-7/3-8) [9-7/8-8]
Giants W (5-7/4-8) [9-7/8-8]
Chiefs L (5-8/4-9) [8-8/7-9]
Falcons W (6-8/5-9) [8-8/7-9]
Cowboys w (7-8/5-10) [8-8/6-10]
Giants W (8-8/6-10)

49ers (6-3)
Saints L (6-4)
Redskins W (7-4)
This is when I expect the 49ers to be out of reach of the Redskins
Rams W (8-4)
Seahawks L (8-5)
I can’t see any realistic scenario in which the Redskins have any chance of catching the 49ers

Panthers (6-3)
Patriots L (6-4)
Dolphins W (7-4)
Buccaneers W (8-4)
[This is when I expect the Panthers to be within a favorable tiebreaker of being out of reach of the Redskins]
Saints L (8-5)
If a favorable tiebreaker is allowing the Redskins to stay within reach of the Panthers prior to this game, I expect the Panthers won’t need the tiebreaker after this game.

Jets W (9-5)
I can’t see any realistic scenario in which the Redskins have any chance of catching the Panthers

Cowboys (5-5)
Giants l (5-6/6-5)
I expect the Cowboys to clinch the tiebreak against the Redskins by the Cowboys getting their 4th division win against the Giants and the Redskins getting their 3rd division loss against the Eagles
Raiders W (6-6/7-5)
Bears l (6-7/8-5)
Although this is the 3rd of 5 straight games that the Cowboys have no business losing, I don’t trust them to not find a way to lose a couple of them. Nevertheless, the Redskins should be eliminated from any chance of winning the NFCE.
Packers W (7-7/9-5)
Redskins l (7-8)
Eagles l (7-9)

Captain Speardog
11-14-2013, 08:41 AM

like really.

I predict KC will score 1 TD and 4 FGs, while Denver gets 5 TDs and two FGs. You can figure outt the score from there.

Mike
11-14-2013, 09:28 AM
Have you guys gotten to watch the Chiefs play this year or are you just judging by highlights and their record? Their defensive play was very solid the first several games but has tapered off over the last few. Their offense sucks as much now as they did in the beginning of the year. Keep in mind that they have other teams backups (3rd stringers in some cases) QBs and have still given up yards.

Last few games for KC –

Buffalo (Jeff Tuell starting QB)
470 total yards allowed (241 rush/229 pass)
3 Turnovers generated
0 sacks

Cleveland (Jason Campbell)
340 total yards allowed (57 rush/283 pass)
1 Turnovers generated
1 sack

Texans (Casey Keenum)
294 total yards allowed (73 rush/221 pass)
1 Turnovers generated
5 sacks

Despite facing those QBs they are barely winning and don't clinch the win until late in the game when the other team screws up. Denver shouldn't overlook any team, but KC has benefited from lucky bounces. They are easily the luckiest team that I have watched play since the Tebow-led Broncos. They are just playing good defense, minimizing the turnovers, and getting some lucky bounces.

If Denver plays down to their opponents (something they have been known to do) and is sloppy with the ball (something they have been known to do) then it could be close. If Denver brings their A game I don't see it being close.

I would love to see Denver come out with a run-heavy first half (Moreno seems to play very well against the Chiefs) with the same quick pace they used earlier in the year, throw in some screens and quick hit passes. Don't let Manning hold on to the ball long and be patient with the passing game. Once the Chiefs front is on it's heels then open the passing game up. Defensively, shadow Charles, shadow Smith and make Smith beat you in the air.

Dapper Dan
11-14-2013, 12:30 PM
I thought this was cool. I'm not sure if it was posted in another thread.

Here's the list of the top five combined winning percentages since the merger, among games this late in the season (courtesy the Denver Broncos):

1. Kansas City (9-0) at Denver (8-1), 2013 (.944 win percentage).
2 (tie). Green Bay (10-1) at Dallas (10-1), 2007 (.909)
2 (tie). N.Y. Giants (10-1) at San Francisco (10-1), 1990 (.909)
4. Baltimore (9-1) at Denver (9-1), 1977 (.900)
5. Indianapolis (13-1) at Seattle (12-2), 2005 (.893)

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/game-week-chiefs-show-real-against-peyton-manning-155158787--nfl.html?vp=1

Joel
11-15-2013, 07:18 AM
Have you guys gotten to watch the Chiefs play this year or are you just judging by highlights and their record? Their defensive play was very solid the first several games but has tapered off over the last few. Their offense sucks as much now as they did in the beginning of the year. Keep in mind that they have other teams backups (3rd stringers in some cases) QBs and have still given up yards.

Last few games for KC –

Buffalo (Jeff Tuell starting QB)
470 total yards allowed (241 rush/229 pass)
3 Turnovers generated
0 sacks
The LT guarding Tuells blindside is having a rookie season like Cladys, while his RT is the same Erik Pears we drafted but released a few years later.

Cleveland (Jason Campbell)
340 total yards allowed (57 rush/283 pass)
1 Turnovers generated
1 sack
The LT guarding Campbells blindside is a six time Pro Bowler in his prime; in fact, he's gone to the Pro Bowl EVERY YEAR of his career so far

Texans (Casey Keenum)
294 total yards allowed (73 rush/221 pass)
1 Turnovers generated
5 sacks
The LT guarding Keenums blindside also went to last years Pro Bowl; his backup (and RT Derek Newtons) is the same Ryan Harris we drafted but released a few years later.

If we had ANY of those guys in Clarks spot I'd be far less worried about KC; we don't, and won't, so I'm not.

Despite facing those QBs they are barely winning and don't clinch the win until late in the game when the other team screws up. Denver shouldn't overlook any team, but KC has benefited from lucky bounces. They are easily the luckiest team that I have watched play since the Tebow-led Broncos. They are just playing good defense, minimizing the turnovers, and getting some lucky bounces.

If Denver plays down to their opponents (something they have been known to do) and is sloppy with the ball (something they have been known to do) then it could be close. If Denver brings their A game I don't see it being close.
I didn't watch their Bills game because, IIRC, we were playing Washington at the time, and I didn't watch their Browns game because I didn't think Cleveland had a chance (though they did have a shot at OT till they fumbled the return on KCs last punt.) I DID watch their Texans game though; those five sacks were huge, especially the strip-sack that earned their only turnover: Tamba Hali came around a MUCH better LT than Clark to force Keenums fumble, Justin Houston was also in the backfield to immediately fall on it at the 1, and KC knelt down to stay unbeaten.

Had they not been ahead with <1:00 left, another TD would've been likely, and a FG all but certain: 20-24 pts against a much better D than ours (I prefer our secondary, but KC doesn't pass.) That's not an example of why we can win, it's an example of why Hali and Houston could beat us by beating Clark. The biggest reason I'm pscyched about Millers return isn't him alone, it's that teams can't double team him AND Wolfe without leaving Knighton, Vickerson and Phillips/Ayers one-on-one and their receivers outnumbered 2:1, but the same applies to Hali and Houston lined up over Clark.

I would love to see Denver come out with a run-heavy first half (Moreno seems to play very well against the Chiefs) with the same quick pace they used earlier in the year, throw in some screens and quick hit passes. Don't let Manning hold on to the ball long and be patient with the passing game. Once the Chiefs front is on it's heels then open the passing game up. Defensively, shadow Charles, shadow Smith and make Smith beat you in the air.
That's a good game plan, though I'm concerned our quick hits aren't working as well since DBs get to jam our receivers all the way downfield and refs won't call PI or Holding at the line. That forces PFM to hold the ball longer, and KCs fast LBs could trouble our screens. Ideally, we give him and Moreno help from TE blocking and run the ball down the 24th rushing Ds throat.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-15-2013, 10:49 AM
I have one concern for this game. Denver has been turning the ball over a lot lately in a way that results in points for the other team. Scoring D is something that Kansas City does well at. That could end up being bad for us if we don't shore it up. If the turnover margin is even we win by 10 points at least.

Ravage!!!
11-15-2013, 11:08 AM
I have one concern for this game. Denver has been turning the ball over a lot lately in a way that results in points for the other team. Scoring D is something that Kansas City does well at. That could end up being bad for us if we don't shore it up. If the turnover margin is even we win by 10 points at least.

Agreed. We've been doing it allllll year long. Giving even the weakest of teams, short fields and short TDs. Even if giving up FGs, its taking possessions out of our hands. Keeping teams like the Chiefs close is how better teams lose to weak teams. The Chiefs defense will be coming with full guns expecting to "show the world" that they are for real. They have a LOT more to prove than the Broncos do.

Manning, however, will be able to keep their pass rush "honest" a LOT more than these 3rd string QBs have. They won't be able to get the gun rush by knowing when he's going to snap the ball. He'll get at least 2 offside penalties on them for being overly aggressive.

I think we should keep Dreesen in more than we have in the last game, and give our 3 WRs the time to beat their DBs. Although I did hear from Schlereth that the Broncos have scored 21 TDs with passes are 5 yrds or less fromthe LoS. So taking those short passes isn't going to be something that kills the Broncos.

If their defense doesn't cause short fields, and doesn't get the turnovers, their offense will have a tough time scoring.

Northman
11-15-2013, 12:23 PM

Thats really been our biggest achilles heel this year.

Joel
11-15-2013, 01:49 PM
That's pretty much it. The Chiefs turnovers are design and effort, not luck, but KC would be a .500 team without them, so we MUST block well but IF we do we should win handily. It's #1 offense vs. #1 D; the other offense and defense are largely irrelevant, and even if they weren't I'm fully confident our top five run D can shut down an offense incapable of productive passing. Our turnovers have mostly been off strip-sacks and deflected passes, like when a Colt grabbed PFMs arm as he threw. If we prevent that, as difficult as it's been so far and as good as KC is at doing it, we win going away. IF....

Magnificent Seven
11-15-2013, 06:22 PM
Check in to pick the Broncos to win. Chiefs are leading. We need more votes from Broncos fans. Thanks!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gametracker/preview/NFL_20131117_KC@DEN

Captain Speardog
11-16-2013, 04:50 AM
They interviewed the cop that arrested Bowe and put his picture in the paper.

Northman
11-16-2013, 06:39 AM
They interviewed the cop that arrested Bowe and put his picture in the paper.

Officer Pedro Hernandez, i know him!