PDA

View Full Version : Spotlight on Knowshon Moreno

Lonestar
09-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Posted: 09/08/2009 10:05:26 PM MDT
Updated: 09/08/2009 10:06:42 PM MDT

Denver Broncos Rookie RB and 1st round draft pick Knowshon Moreno (THE DENVER POST | JOHN LEYBA)

Name: Knowshon Moreno

Height, weight, position: 5-feet-11, 210 pounds, running back

The buzz: Moreno, the team's No. 1 draft pick, is finally back at practice after spraining his medial collateral ligament in his knee in the preseason opener. He's still wearing an orange "non-contact" jersey, but Moreno's consistent return to the practice field might be the best news the Broncos have had in weeks. He is listed fourth on the depth chart, behind Correll Buckhalter, LaMont Jordan and Peyton Hillis, yet Moreno is the back generating all the Week 1 buzz. He was the top pick, so fittingly so.

Looking ahead: Coach Josh McDaniels won't be tipping his hand as to how much playing time Moreno will get Sunday against the Bengals, but should Moreno's knee be back to full health, Moreno should figure to see plenty of action even if he doesn't start the game. "He is not totally there yet, but he is getting better every day," McDaniels said. "Hopefully, we will have him ready to go on Sunday."

Did you know? A rookie has led the Broncos in rushing the last two seasons — Peyton Hillis in 2008 and Selvin Young in 2007. Could Moreno be next?

Lindsay H. Jones, The Denver Post

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13295284?source=rss

Lonestar
09-08-2009, 11:50 PM
(THE DENVER POST | JOE AMON)Three and 18. Those are the two numbers Broncos running back Knowshon Moreno carries into Sunday's season opener at Cincinnati.

Because that was Moreno's preseason in a nutshell, three carries against San Francisco on Aug. 14 for 18 yards. He missed the remaining three preseason games with a sprained right medial collateral ligament.

He expects to be available for the opener against the Bengals.

"I wouldn't say 100 percent, but I feel real good," Moreno said. "Each day I'm getting better, and we have three more days (until the game)."

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said Moreno, who was the team's first draft pick in April, could have played last Thursday night against the Cardinals if needed.

Moreno practiced last week wearing an orange jersey, designating a player returning from injury. He wore the orange jersey again Tuesday.

"If (playing a lot) is asked of me, I can do it," Moreno said. " . . . If I had to play in that last game I could have, I think, but it was better to take that time off and get better."

"He's not totally there yet, but he's getting better every day," McDaniels said.

Marshall plan.

Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall, who returned Sunday from his team-imposed suspension, practiced again Tuesday and is expected to play against the Bengals.

"He's working back in," McDaniels said. "We'll see how it goes."

The Broncos play plenty of three- and four-wide receiver formations, so Marshall is needed in the offense. The Bengals won't not know exactly where the Marshall will line up, since there is no video of him playing in the new offense because he missed the team's preseason games.

"He's here, he's ready to go," tight end Tony Scheffler said. "He's like all of us, come in and do your job regardless of who's here and who's not."

Asked about Marshall's attitude since his return, McDaniels said, "Great."

No Quinn.

Rookie tight end Richard Quinn was not present during the team's open part of practice Tuesday.

Quinn, per Colorado state law regarding cases of suspected domestic violence, was jailed overnight in Arapahoe County after an argument Monday with his girlfriend resulted in a charge of obstruction of telephone service harassment. Quinn appeared in court Tuesday morning and was released on a personal recognizance bond. Quinn's agent, Peter Schaffer, said Quinn "unequivocally denies" the charges.

"I have talked to Richard, and I'm not going to comment on it," McDaniels said. "We're going to support him and also let the legal process play out, and again I'm not going to comment on that situation."

Footnotes.

Broncos safety Brian Dawkins, who fractured his hand early in training camp, practiced Tuesday without a cast. . . . Newly acquired defensive end Vonnie Holliday practiced, but it's uncertain how much he will play Sunday. . . . Defensive lineman Le Kevin Smith (left knee), guard Chris Kuper (right ankle) and safety Josh Barrett (shoulder) did not practice. . . . Guard Ben Hamilton, who did not play in the preseason finale against Arizona because of back pain, returned to practice and is expected to play Sunday.

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13295626?source=rss

Dirk
09-09-2009, 06:00 AM
Reading all the pregame stuff just get's a person pumped up for the season to start!! :elefant:

Win or lose, I'm ready to support the Broncos 100% as always! :salute:

silkamilkamonico
09-09-2009, 06:58 AM
Obvioulsy I don't have a clue what's best for the team, but I think I would feel better if the guy was just shelved until he's 100%.

I hope this guy makes me do a 180 but for some reason I'm just not real excited about him.

T.K.O.
09-09-2009, 10:19 AM
(THE DENVER POST | JOE AMON)ls said.

Marshall plan.

Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall, who returned Sunday from his team-imposed suspension, practiced again Tuesday and is expected to play against the Bengals.

"He's working back in," McDaniels said. "We'll see how it goes."

The Broncos play plenty of three- and four-wide receiver formations, so Marshall is needed in the offense. The Bengals won't not know exactly where the Marshall will line up, since there is no video of him playing in the new offense because he missed the team's preseason games.
"He's here, he's ready to go," tight end Tony Scheffler said. "He's like all of us, come in and do your job regardless of who's here and who's not."

Asked about Marshall's attitude since his return, McDaniels said, "Great."No Quinn.

Footnotes.

Broncos safety Brian Dawkins, who fractured his hand early in training camp, practiced Tuesday without a cast. .

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13295626?source=rss

ah ha....it was all part of mcD's super genius plan.....no tape on marshall.....hhmmmwaaahaha....now we have them right where we want them !:salute:

seriously there is way to much good news coming out of dove valley....i'm scared:lol: