PDA

View Full Version : John Fox to watch Broncos-Chargers game today from Charlotte, N.C.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-10-2013, 02:04 PM
San Diego — After 195 consecutive games over 11 1/2 seasons as head coach, John Fox is going to miss one.

The Broncos’ head coach will be watching his team play the San Diego Chargers today from his home in Charlotte, N.C. The game will be televised on CBS with Jim Nantz and Phil Simms calling the game.

Fox, 58, underwent aortic valve replacement surgery Monday in Charlotte. He was released from the hospital late Friday morning. He has several appointments this week with his doctors in Charlotte, N.C. but he’s hoping to fly to Denver later this week. Doctors will first have to clear him for that trip.

Fox is also hoping he can attend the Broncos-Kansas City Chiefs game in a non-working capacity next Sunday night at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Again, doctors will have to give their permission.

As part of his coaching contract, Fox has a luxury suite at Sports Authority Field for his family and guests. He hopes to be in that box for the Broncos-Chiefs game but at that moment that’s a lot of hoping.

So far, Fox is recovering well from his open-heart surgery.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/11/10/john-fox-update/23049/

Earlier today, Jim Nance said they all talked with Coach Fox last night, and he said he was born with the condition, and only 58% of the blood was pumping.

Davii
11-10-2013, 02:08 PM
I hope he enjoys watching the game!

sanluis
11-10-2013, 03:10 PM
I hope John gets well soon. He is a great coach and a good man.

camdisco24
11-10-2013, 03:55 PM
I hope John gets well soon. He is a great coach and a good man.

Agreed! Fox has been pure class his whole career.

sneakers
11-10-2013, 09:42 PM
prolly missed the 1st quarter because the bengals ravens game

SR
11-10-2013, 09:44 PM
prolly missed the 1st quarter because the bengals ravens game

Unless he had Sunday Ticket ;)