PDA

View Full Version : The Forgotten Man

Denver Native (Carol)
11-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Knowshon Moreno was a first-round pick who fumbled too often and got banished to the scout team in Denver. Instead of sulking, he grinded his way back into the starting lineup to become the unsung hero of Peyton Manning’s offense

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — On the night before Sunday afternoon games, Denver Broncos coach John Fox gathers his players at the team hotel for a brief meeting. He says a few words and then calls on a player to address the group. Typically the ensuing remarks are perfunctory and predictable, with the player focusing on the need to be physical, smart and efficient. There are occasions, however, when the message is more personal and more profound.

On Oct. 26, just hours before the Broncos would roll to a 45-21 win over Washington, running back Knowshon Moreno was called to the front of the room. Moreno’s five seasons in Denver have been a testament to perseverance. He went from the thin air of being selected 12th overall in the 2009 draft to the humiliating low of not only watching the Broncos use second- and third-round picks on running backs the past two years, but also being a healthy inactive for eight straight games last season. The only work he got during those weeks was on the scout team running opponent’s plays.

But on this night he addressed teammates and coaches as a highly respected contributor on the league’s most explosive offense, having started every game and having scored in four straight outings. His message included the perfunctory comments about being physical, smart and efficient. But what resonated was his thanking teammates for standing behind him during difficult times.

rest - good read
http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/knowshon-moreno-denver-broncos-career-revival/

Denver Native (Carol)
11-07-2013, 12:28 PM
from article:

“I was just speaking from the heart and letting them know that I did appreciate it,” Moreno says. “It’s hard sometimes to thank every single one of them, but at the same time, every single one of them had something to do with it. It was a good time to let everyone know that.”

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/07/knowshon-moreno-denver-broncos-career-revival/

VonDoom
11-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Good read. I love the guy's work ethic, and it's been paying off these last couple of years. There's no doubt that at this point, the guy is our "feature back."

broncobryce
11-07-2013, 10:32 PM
I still got love for Knowshon. I always thought he was a good player-solid if not spectacular. He is exactly what a Manning-led offense needs, and still has a nose for the endzone. I hope we resign him, and I also believe Ball is getting better and better.

camdisco24
11-08-2013, 01:28 PM
I am really happy for KnowMo. He could have let his career dwindle into nothing, but the guy doesnt give up. We need guys with great attitudes to win a championship, and Im glad Knowshon is showing them how it's done. I hope we resign him as well.

Great article.

BroncoNut
11-08-2013, 02:18 PM
great read. sometimes patience and hard work pays off. he had a rough go