PDA

View Full Version : quinn released! (KDVR corrects story to released from jail - not Broncos)

broken12
09-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Richard Quinn Released from Broncos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-richar...,7879186.story

DENVER, Colo. - The Denver Broncos have released tight end Richard Quinn just a day after the rookie was arrested on suspicion of physically abusing and restraining his girlfriend, the player's agent confirms.

"He was released this morning," Peter Schaffer, Quinn's agent, told FOX 31's Josina Anderson Tuesday afternoon.

Quinn was arrested Labor Day when deputies responded to the 10100 block of Inverness Main St. after the alleged victim, 22, called police from the area.

She told deputies that she and Quinn, who was living with her, got into an argument. She claims he grabbed her, shook her to the ground, and took the house phone out of her hand while she was calling 911.

The player admitted to police at the scene that he took the phone out of his girlfriend's hand, but claims he only grabbed her when she started hitting him in the face.

Quinn was booked on charges of Domestic Violence, Harassment, and Obstruction of Telephone Services.

Schaffer said his clients' release will work out best for Quinn because the whole ordeal has been very stressful.

"Richard has a bright future and is a hard-working young man," said Schaffer. "He is looking forward to football again."

The Broncos traded into the second round of this year's draft to select Quinn out of North Carolina.

The Broncos and Quinn were not immediately available for comment.

broken12
09-08-2009, 04:36 PM
talk about a bust in the second round, thats what happens when you only got a hundred on the draft board!!!!

broken12
09-08-2009, 04:38 PM
nevereffinn mind was released from jail.....lol

sneakers
09-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Hahahahahahahahahhahahahah!!!!!!!!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2009, 04:42 PM
:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

GEM
09-08-2009, 04:42 PM
:yardog:

Grover
09-08-2009, 04:43 PM
:peep:

GEM
09-08-2009, 04:43 PM
One of these days you'll post something that actually has some merit to it. :laugh:

Dortoh
09-08-2009, 04:44 PM
DENVER, Colo. - The Denver Broncos have released tight end Richard Quinn just a day after the rookie was arrested on suspicion of physically abusing and restraining his girlfriend, the player's agent confirms.

So yes or no?

MOtorboat
09-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Um, wtf?

UnderArmour
09-08-2009, 04:47 PM
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-richard-quinn-cut-090809,0,7879186.story

DENVER, Colo. - Denver Broncos rookie tight end Richard Quinn was released from jail Tuesday morning a day after he was arrested on suspicion of physically abusing and restraining his girlfriend, the player's agent confirms.

"He was released this morning," Peter Schaffer, Quinn's agent, told FOX 31's Josina Anderson Tuesday afternoon.

Deputies responded to the 10100 block of Inverness Main St. after the victim called from that area at 12:34 pm.

The alleged victim, 22, told deputies that she and Quinn, who lived with her, got into an argument. She claims he grabbed her, shook her to the ground, and took the house phone out of her hand while she was calling 911.

The woman also told deputies that Quinn took her cell phone and told her that she was not going to call the police. She says she then ran to a neighbor's house to call 911.

Quinn admitted to police at the scene that he took the phone out of Tiffany's hand so she couldn't call the police.

Quinn also stated that he only grabbed his girlfriend when she started hitting him in the face. During the investigation deputies did not see any visible signs that Quinn had been struck in the face or head area.

Quinn was booked on charges of Domestic Violence, Harassment and Obstruction of Telephone services.

The team and Quinn were not immediately available for comment. Earlier reports that he had been cut from the team were inaccurate.

Fixed. No need to panic guys.

Dortoh
Um, wtf?

:lol::laugh:

I love your avatar

MOtorboat
http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-richard-quinn-cut-090809,0,7879186.story

Let's try that again.

DENVER, Colo. - Denver Broncos rookie tight end Richard Quinn was released from jail Tuesday morning a day after he was arrested on suspicion of physically abusing and restraining his girlfriend, the player's agent confirms.

Deputies responded to the 10100 block of Inverness Main St. after the victim called from that area at 12:34 pm.

The alleged victim, 22, told deputies that she and Quinn, who lived with her, got into an argument. She claims he grabbed her, shook her to the ground, and took the house phone out of her hand while she was calling 911.

The woman also told deputies that Quinn took her cell phone and told her that she was not going to call the police. She says she then ran to a neighbor's house to call 911.

Quinn admitted to police at the scene that he took the phone out of Tiffany's hand so she couldn't call the police.

Quinn also stated that he only grabbed his girlfriend when she started hitting him in the face. During the investigation deputies did not see any visible signs that Quinn had been struck in the face or head area.

Quinn was booked on charges of Domestic Violence, Harassment and Obstruction of Telephone services.

The team and Quinn were not immediately available for comment. Earlier reports that he had been cut from the team were inaccurate.

Copyright © 2009, KDVR-TV

shank

So yes or no?

this is weird. the article title is 'Broncos rookie released from jail after domestic violence arrest' but the link to the article from google reads 'Broncos cut TE Richard Quinn day after arrest‎'

MOtorboat
09-08-2009, 04:48 PM
this is weird. the article title is 'Broncos rookie released from jail after domestic violence arrest' but the link to the article from google reads 'Broncos cut TE Richard Quinn day after arrest‎'

KDVR jumped the gun.

GEM
09-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Probably a Josina article. :rolleyes:

Tned
09-08-2009, 04:50 PM

So yes or no?

No, Josina misunderstood the agent.

@JosinaAnderson agent just clarified he mneant he was released from jail..please excuse

G_Money
09-08-2009, 04:51 PM
That was hilarious. Somebody at the site just saw "Quinn released" and assumed "from the Broncos" instead of "from jail" :lol:

That's badass.

It would have been funnier if he HAD been released by the Broncos, but this was good for a laugh too. :D

~G

GEM
09-08-2009, 04:51 PM
No, Josina misunderstood the agent.

That chic needs to be demoted to freakin intern.

Dortoh
09-08-2009, 04:52 PM
His release would have created a 20 page thread from McD haters LMAO

shank
09-08-2009, 04:53 PM

i wish it would have taken longer for them to correct the mistake for this exact reason.

sneakers
09-08-2009, 04:54 PM
That would have been a little premature if they released him from the team :lol:

GEM
09-08-2009, 04:55 PM
i wish it would have taken longer for them to correct the mistake for this exact reason.

Yea, we need some excitement around here. :lol:

MOtorboat
09-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Josina Anderson:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3130/2488405020_b270fd88bc_o.jpg

Zweems56
09-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Josina Anderson:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3130/2488405020_b270fd88bc_o.jpg

http://agencybabylon.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/i_live_to_stir_the_pot_tshirt-p235758243249441515t5tr_400.jpg

Do you think it comes in Womens?

NightTrainLayne
Josina Anderson = HACK.

How could she POSSIBLY misunderstand that coming straight from the agent's mouth.

That is ridiculous.

Denver Native (Carol)
KDVR jumped the gun.

Not the first time, nor will it be the last, that Josina wants to act like she has the "scoop". :tsk: She definitely is not where I go to get the scoop.

honz
Have I ever told you how much I think Josina Anderson sucks at reporting....um, yeah.

Zweems56
09-08-2009, 05:07 PM
not the first time, nor will it be the last, that josina wants to act like she has the "scoop". :tsk: She definitely is not where i go to get the scoop.

hold onto you ******** pants! Situation is fluid!

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Josina Anderson = HACK.

How could she POSSIBLY misunderstand that coming straight from the agent's mouth.

That is ridiculous.

Because she wants to be FIRST - so it is more important to her to immediately post something, whether what she is posting is accurate or not.

Zweems56
09-08-2009, 05:14 PM
Seriously though.. this is my favorite Josina quote.... ever.

@JosinaAnderson Also just got a call from Broncos starter after practice, update on status not good news. Holding on to it now. Situation fluid.

Be back later, I hear there's a bombshell coming out of Denver.

G_Money
09-08-2009, 05:14 PM
She's on message boards nabbing the "FIRST POST!!!!11!1ONE1!!" position.

Who needs to be good, or right, when you can be first? :lol:

~G

honz
09-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Seriously though.. this is my favorite Josina quote.... ever.

Be back later, I hear there's a bombshell coming out of Denver.

What was she talking about in that quote? LOL.

Zweems56
09-08-2009, 05:34 PM
What was she talking about in that quote? LOL.

Oh, something about marshall, i'm sure. You'll never be sure though. Because the situation was fluid.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2009, 06:11 PM

It got two McD hater posts

gnomeflinger
09-08-2009, 06:54 PM
nevereffinn mind was released from jail.....lol

Hahahahahaha.

Tned
09-08-2009, 08:16 PM
Josina defending her article:

@JosinaAnderson I have the texts to prove a certain individual knew in what context we were discussing a player's "departure." ill leave it at that.

MOtorboat
09-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Josina defending her article:

Unveil the txts...full disclosure, no?

Nah...that doesn't allow for drama...does it?

She makes me ashamed to do what I do.

NightTrainLayne
09-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Yeah. If she has proof of that, then it would definitely be in her best interest to disclose it.

Her credibility is at stake, and a reporter without credibility is like an artist without any paint.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Yeah. If she has proof of that, then it would definitely be in her best interest to disclose it.

Her credibility is at stake, and a reporter without credibility is like an artist without any paint.

What credibility???????

Lonestar
09-08-2009, 09:17 PM

I think she lost that a long time ago..

honz
09-08-2009, 09:26 PM
I think she lost that a long time ago..

I was just going to type this until I saw you already beat me to it. Josina is a hack.

Lonestar
09-08-2009, 10:00 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos rookie tight end Richard Quinn has pleaded innocent to harassment and domestic violence charges stemming from a Labor Day quarrel with his girlfriend.

Quinn appeared in court Tuesday morning and was released on a personal recognizance bond. A trial was set for January.

"Richard is looking forward to clearing his name after the season is over," said Peter Schaffer, Quinn's agent and lawyer. "Right now he's focused on being the best father he can be, an upstanding member of the Denver Broncos and an upstanding member of society."

Quinn wasn't at the open portion of practice Tuesday after spending the night in jail nor was he in the locker room during the team's media access period.

Quinn was ordered held overnight in jail without bond per Colorado law in domestic dispute cases.

"I have talked to Richard and I'm not going to comment on it," coach Josh McDaniels said after practice. "We're going to support him and also let the legal process play out and again I'm not going to comment on that whole situation."

The Arapahoe County Sheriff's Department said Quinn was arrested early Monday afternoon after a woman called 911. The woman told deputies that her live-in boyfriend, Quinn, grabbed and shook her to the ground during an argument and grabbed the phone from her while she was trying to dial 911.

Deputies said Quinn told them he grabbed the woman only after she started hitting him in the face.

Schaffer said his client never struck his girlfriend, whom he said was distraught. He said Quinn "went and locked himself and their 1-year-old daughter in the bedroom to get away from her," doing what he could to diffuse the confrontation, just as he was taught at the NFL rookie symposiums this offseason.

Quinn was touted by McDaniels on draft day as the type of player he wanted on his team because of his character. A second-round pick out of North Carolina, he played in all the Broncos' preseason games and is listed as the third tight end on the depth chart behind Daniel Graham and Tony Scheffler.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4456664