PDA

View Full Version : John Fox hospitalized

MOtorboat
11-02-2013, 03:19 PM
@ESPNNFL
DEVELOPING: Broncos Head Coach John Fox taken to hospital with a suspected heart attack. (via @mortreport and @AdamSchefter)

Northman
11-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Wow, that sucks. I hope he is ok.

MOtorboat
11-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Wow, that sucks. I hope he is ok.

@AdamSchefter
Broncos believe that even with HC John Fox suffering a suspected heart attack, he should be OK.

MOtorboat
11-02-2013, 03:24 PM
He was apparently in Charlotte golfing, per Mort.

LawDog
11-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Chris Mortensen
Broncos coach John Fox was taken to Charlotte area hospital from golf course when he complained of chest pains. Broncos believe he is ok.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2013, 03:35 PM
I'm glad he's ok. That's a scary situation. I've seen my dad have both a stroke and a heart attack.

camdisco24
11-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Prayers for coach Fox... scary situation, but glad reports are saying he is ok.

VonDoom
11-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Glad to hear he'll be okay. I saw the update and it sounded scary

Simple Jaded
11-02-2013, 03:41 PM
I'm glad he's ok. That's a scary situation. I've seen my dad have both a stroke and a heart attack.

Woo, I would hope you're extra vigilant with your health.

SR
11-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Geez. Glad he's alright.

Skinny
11-02-2013, 03:45 PM
Thoughts and prayers for the whole family. I'm sure that's some scary ish.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Woo, I would hope you're extra vigilant with your health.

My dad was overweight most of his adult life. He was 5'10" 240 when he had his heart attack. I've never really had the appetite my dad does. I've never weighed over 205 and I'm an inch taller than he is. He's 65 now and is pretty healthy. He's active and has a good quality of life. Type 2 diabetes was a wake up call for him.

His father lived in to his 80's. I'm not too worried about it.

sneakers
11-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Go Heart!

Go Broncos!

Spiritguy
11-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Update : Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 (https://twitter.com/psmyth12)1m (https://twitter.com/psmyth12/status/396741294371774464) Talked to Coach Fox a few minutes ago. Did not have a heart attack. Is in good spirits and undergoing additional testing at hospital.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Update : Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 (https://twitter.com/psmyth12)1m (https://twitter.com/psmyth12/status/396741294371774464) Talked to Coach Fox a few minutes ago. Did not have a heart attack. Is in good spirits and undergoing additional testing at hospital.

Thanks for update

OrangeHoof
11-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Good thing it happened during the bye week if it was going to happen. I wonder if they have a contingency plan? Del Rio perhaps?

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2013, 04:07 PM
It will quite embarrassing if it was just gas pains.

SR
11-02-2013, 04:13 PM
It will quite embarrassing if it was just gas pains.

I've had some pretty awful gas pains before, but never anything mistakable for a heart attack

DenBronx
11-02-2013, 04:19 PM
It was probably a bad nerve reaction from alot of stress. Never hurts to see the doctor when you suspect you are having heart trouble, even if it isnt heart trouble. Glad Fox was being safe then sorry.

Spiritguy
11-02-2013, 04:21 PM
The Broncos say head coach John Fox was taken to a hospital but, contrary to initial fears, did not have a heart attack.

“Denver Broncos Head Coach John Fox was taken to a Charlotte-area hospital after feeling light-headed while playing golf on Saturday,” the team said in a statement. “He is being held at the hospital for testing and further observation. Our medical staff is currently in contact with Coach Fox, his family and the doctors who are treating him. Additional information will be provided as it becomes available.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/02/john-fox-hospitalized-but-did-not-have-a-heart-attack/

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-02-2013, 04:24 PM
I've had some pretty awful gas pains before, but never anything mistakable for a heart attack

I've heard of people going to the ER with gas pains thinking they were having a heart attack.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Denver Broncos ‏@DenverBroncos 46m

"Denver Broncos Head Coach John Fox was taken to a Charlotte-area hospital after feeling light-headed while playing golf on Saturday."

olathebroncofan
11-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Twice for me. First time was gas pains. Second and just recently it was the pain from bad acid reflux during right in the middle of my chest. If you ever go in for chest pain made sure they check for acid reflux as well.

All those tests to find out I have the heart of a 18 year old. I'm 38

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2013, 04:42 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 3m

If John Fox misses practice Monday coordinators Adam Gase and Jack Del Rio would likely co-run things..

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 37m

Fox is one of the most well-liked men in the NFL. I'm sure he's been flooded with well wishes today.

aberdien
11-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Gas pains are a bitch. A couple months ago I thought I was dying because my sides were in so much pain. I thought my kidney blew up or something. Luckily it went away after a couple days.

Glad to hear Fox is doing well though.

Dzone
11-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Time to win a super bowl for John!!!!

aberdien
11-02-2013, 04:51 PM
"This one's for John...again"

tomjonesrocks
11-02-2013, 04:52 PM
Holy Shit!

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2013, 05:08 PM
Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 27m

Text message from Broncos HC John Fox: "I am doing fine. We are just running some tests and will know more in a few hours."

Dzone
11-02-2013, 05:09 PM
Sounds like Fox is ok. Thank God. I just changed my avatar to Fox last night.
So he was golfing in NC. Maybe he ate something strange or it could be he drank a Monster energy drink and it wigged him out

This makes me wonder-Is everyone off on vacation this week? Just curious if players are leaving Denver until next week. South Beach and Las Vegas are favorite places to go for Von and others. I hope Von is spending his days at Dove Valley during the bye with his ass in the gym and the film room, preparing to dominate the NFL

Spiritguy
11-02-2013, 05:13 PM
Chris Mortensen ✔ @mortreport (https://twitter.com/mortreport)
Regarding John Fox, doctors hope tests will rule out there's nothing heart-related; numerous possibilities for lightheadedness.
2:41 PM - 2 Nov 2013 (https://twitter.com/mortreport/statuses/396753887320764418)

DenBronx
11-02-2013, 05:17 PM
So no heart attack, no gas pains but light-headedness. Could just be stress, diet related.

I think he will be ok and be ready for SD after the bye.

Is he going to be on the injury report?? lol

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Sounds like Fox is ok. Thank God. I just changed my avatar to Fox last night.
So he was golfing in NC. Maybe he ate something strange or it could be he drank a Monster energy drink and it wigged him out

This makes me wonder-Is everyone off on vacation this week? Just curious if players are leaving Denver until next week. South Beach and Las Vegas are favorite places to go for Von and others. I hope Von is spending his days at Dove Valley during the bye with his ass in the gym and the film room, preparing to dominate the NFL

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – The conclusion of practice Wednesday at the Broncos’ training facility at Dove Valley marks the beginning of the bye-week break for the Broncos players and coaches.

The next practice for the team will be Monday as they begin preparation for the Week 10 divisional matchup with the San Diego Chargers.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Goodbye-Dove-Valley-Hello-Bye-Week/8ee1eecc-0283-4ab9-8763-db8b4204f392

They had 4 days off - need to be back on Monday. I would assume some traveled, some stayed here.

SR
11-02-2013, 05:51 PM
"This one's for John...again"

This made me almost spit a drink from a $7 bottle of beer out of my nose.

CrazyHorse
11-02-2013, 05:53 PM
It's good to hear he's okay. We should rally around this. #FoxStrong

Slick
11-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Going from the Denver climate to the Carolinas is a big change. It can still be hot and muggy in South Charlotte where I assume Fox still has a house off of Providence road. I've lived in both places so I can relAte.

He could have been dehydrated.

Joel
11-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Now I feel like a jerk for my last post; glad Fox is okay and it wasn't a heart attack, and thoughts and prayers will be with him.

Gas pains are a bitch. A couple months ago I thought I was dying because my sides were in so much pain. I thought my kidney blew up or something. Luckily it went away after a couple days.

Glad to hear Fox is doing well though.
It's kind of embarrassing, but I've actually blacked out from gas pains a couple times. The second time was ONLY embarrassing, 'cause I came to in the bathroom doorway, but the first time I was driving home at about 60 mph, which was embarrassing, scary and costly. :redface: Still not sure what caused it, but at this point, if I start getting persistent sharp stabbing pains in my gut, I sit my butt down so I don't FALL down.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2013, 07:09 PM
DemaryiusT Prayers up for my Coach.......
About 3 hours ago by Demaryius Thomas Denver Broncos - Wide Receiver

kayvonwebster Prayers up
About 2 hours ago by Kayvon Webster 2013 NFL Draft Picks & Rookies - Cornerback

OrangeHoof
11-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Is he going to be on the injury report?? lol

Vin Scully's classic quote: "He's listed as 'day-to-day'......Aren't we all?"

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2013, 07:51 PM
from article:

Broncos coach John Fox was resting comfortably Saturday and walking around in a Charlotte, N.C., hospital after he experienced light-headedness and dizziness during a morning golf outing with family and friends.

"Coach Fox is in our prayers right now," Broncos tight end Joel Dreessen said. "He's our leader. We love him. If you know anything about him, you know he'll be just fine."

According to team sources, Fox did not want to seek medical attention for his symptoms, but his golf partners insisted.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24441941/broncos-coach-john-fox-north-carolina-hospital-after

DenBronx
11-02-2013, 08:58 PM
Really what had happen was....

John Fox fainted when he finally realized how good this team is now that Von Millers back.

Simple Jaded
11-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Really what had happen was....

John Fox fainted when he finally realized how good this team is now that Von Millers back.

Hope you're right, but I don't think we really know what happened. You don't call for an ambulance because you're lightheaded.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Denver Broncos ‏@DenverBroncos 44m

HC John Fox will be held overnight at a Charlotte-area hospital for observation. We will pass along more info as it becomes available.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2013, 09:21 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 48m

John Fox is spending the night in Charlotte-area hospital for further observation and testing,

Dzone
11-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Geez, you go away for a little golf vacation to unwind and you end up having a heart attack. Kind of spoils the reason for the trip.
This makes for great super bowl drama. John Fox comes off a hospital bed to lead the broncos to their 3rd lombardi trophy!

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2013, 09:27 PM
Geez, you go away for a little golf vacation to unwind and you end up having a heart attack. Kind of spoils the reason for the trip.
This makes for great super bowl drama. John Fox comes off a hospital bed to lead the broncos to their 3rd lombardi trophy!

It has been stated by Coach Fox and also the Broncos, that he did not have a heart attack.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2013, 09:48 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2m

Depending on test results tomorrow, there is a possibility #Broncos coach John Fox may have to undergo a procedure.

Davii
11-02-2013, 09:58 PM
All the best to Coach Fox. Here's hoping they figure it out abd get him back on the sideline!

CrazyHorse
11-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 2m

Depending on test results tomorrow, there is a possibility #Broncos coach John Fox may have to undergo a procedure.

I wonder what that means. Doesn't sound good.

aberdien
11-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m
If Denver HC John Fox need surgery on heart valve, and people familiar with case believe he will, he could be sidelined up to two months.

ruh roh

MOtorboat
11-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m
If Denver HC John Fox need surgery on heart valve, and people familiar with case believe he will, he could be sidelined up to two months.

ruh roh

His health comes before this football team, so if that's true, I wish him well and hope he gets through this.

NightTrainLayne
11-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Man. I didn't think we could really sustain any more injuries, but I didn't even conceive of losing our head coach.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2013, 10:44 PM
Broncos coach John Fox was held overnight Saturday in a Charlotte, N.C.-area hospital after he experienced light-headedness and dizziness during a golf outing Saturday with family and friends.

Fox was held by Charlotte doctors for further observation and testing. Depending on the results of the testing, there is a possibility Fox may have to undergo a procedure. Doctors have ruled out a heart attack.

When Fox will be cleared to travel from Charlotte back to Denver has yet to be determined. Broncos players and Fox's coaching staff are to have a full-squad meeting at 8:05 a.m. Monday in preparation for their next game, Nov. 10 at San Diego.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24441941/broncos-coach-john-fox-north-carolina-hospital-after

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 28m

Broncos HC John Fox knew there was an issue with heart valve that had to be addressed. Hoped it would wait until after season. Now unlikely.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 29m

There's also a chance heart valve surgery could be less severe and John Fox would miss less time.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2013, 10:53 PM
JayGlazer
@JayGlazer

Just spoke with John Fox. He's having a procedure on his aortic valve on Tuesday in North Carolina. He will remain there for 2 weeks and miss about a month to 6 weeks

NightTrainLayne
11-02-2013, 10:55 PM
JayGlazer
@JayGlazer

Just spoke with John Fox. He's having a procedure on his aortic valve on Tuesday in North Carolina. He will remain there for 2 weeks and miss about a month to 6 weeks

Denver Native (Carol)
11-02-2013, 10:58 PM
My prayers for Coach Fox

aberdien
11-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 24s
Per @JayGlazer, who spoke with John Fox tonight, the coach will have a procedure on heart valve and miss 4-6 weeks w team.

Yeah that sucks. But all the best for him, hopefully our team can rally and win for Fox.

Army Bronco
11-02-2013, 11:00 PM
Hope he stays strong and heals up from the procedure.

Slick
11-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Get well soon Coach Fox. The guys will rally! Coach will be back for the final push.

Dzone
11-02-2013, 11:56 PM
Scary. Anytime someone has a medical "procedure" theres a lot of risk. Just pray it goes well and no complications.

Davii
11-03-2013, 12:04 AM
We have a former HC on the D and a former interim HC in Studesville, I think we can get through this. Let this be a rallying cry for our team, this can be the emotional impetus they need to push to the next level.

Get well soon Coach Fox, all the best. Come back strong for the playoffs and Super Bowl win!!!!!

Dzone
11-03-2013, 12:39 AM
Aortic Valve Replacement Surgery...wonder if Fox will have the catheter procedure or the surgery.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aortic_valve_replacement

chazoe60
11-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Get well soon Foxy. He's the son of a Navy Seal, he's tough as nails and will pull through just fine.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-03-2013, 09:11 AM
from article:

“Coach Fox was advised by doctors months ago that his defective aortic valve would require this procedure following the 2013 season. As part of his trip to North Carolina over the bye week, he had a preoperative appointment on Thursday with his doctor, who informed him to seek medical attention immediately if he felt any discomfort."

“I sincerely appreciate all of the support from friends, Denver Broncos fans and so many around the league today," Fox said in a statement. "Although I am disappointed I must take some time away from the team to attend to this pre-existing health condition, I understand that it’s the right thing to do. I have great confidence in our coaches and players, who are fully committed to our goals.

“I look forward to returning to coaching as soon as possible.”

full article - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Update-on-Head-Coach-John-Fox/e63b91f8-4f72-42be-8d12-9a1f644e1781

Nomad
11-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Good luck with the ol'ticker, Fox. See ya when you get back.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Zane Beadles ✔ @zanebeadles

Get better Foxy! Best wishes! -->“@DenverBroncos: RT to wish to Coach Fox a full and speedy recovery pic.twitter.com/Ax01faQWkS”

Wes Welker ✔ @WesWelker

Get better coach. we need u!RT @DenverBroncos: RT to wish to Coach Fox a full and speedy recovery pic.twitter.com/iIFISb3Rob

Demaryius Thomas ✔ @DemaryiusT

Morning world... Prayers go up for my Coach... Love ya Fox

kwebb ✔ @kayvonwebster

Prayers up

Ben Garland ✔ @BenGarland63

Pray for Coach Fox.

Tavarres King ✔ @TKUnoDos

Prayers up for Coach John Fox!

Carolina Panthers ✔ @Panthers

Good luck to former #Panthers head coach John Fox in his surgery this week and best wishes towards his speedy recovery.

more - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/NFL-Community-Expresses-Well-Wishes-for-Fox/80531da0-c2fa-45d3-9144-bbb7c5ef519a

Denver Native (Carol)
11-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi 4h

Few understand the hours these coaches put in. Amazing that he wanted to wait till season's end to have this heart procedure.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-03-2013, 02:50 PM
I was thinking about the many times during a game where the camera has been on Coach Fox, and he is yelling at the referees, yelling at a player, etc. How very fortunate for him this did not happen during one of those times, as it may have been much worse.

Broncolingus
11-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Prayers and speedy recovery Coach Fox...

Denver Native (Carol)
11-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 26m

Text from John Fox: "Will be back in no time!"

GEM
11-03-2013, 06:10 PM
Get better, Coach! Not exactly what ya want in the middle of a Super Bowl run, but I am happy it is preventative instead of reactionary to a serious heart attack! Let's go, boys...now we see what you're made of!!

Spiritguy
11-04-2013, 07:46 PM
a few updates

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver (https://twitter.com/MaseDenver)
Elway: Fox had surgery this morning and is in recovery right now.

10:43 AM - 4 Nov 2013 (https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/statuses/397434008801267712)

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver (https://twitter.com/MaseDenver)
Del Rio: "I thought we had a pretty solid practice, and guys were relieved to hear Coach (Fox) was in the recovery room."

11:06 AM - 4 Nov 2013 (https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/statuses/397439706268323840)

Fox recuperating from surgery. http://www.thedenverchannel.com/spor...-heart-surgery (http://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/broncos/denver-broncos-head-coach-john-fox-to-undergo-heart-surgery)

Denver Broncos head coach John Fox is recovering from aortic heart valve replacement at a Charlotte-area hospital.

Broncos Exec. VP of Football Operations John Elway announced in a press conference Monday that Fox underwent surgery around 6 a.m. MT Monday. Elway said he had spoken to Fox last night, who was in good spirits.

"He was ready to take this head-on and understood where he was. And so, I just tried to comfort him and let him know to take care of himself and that family and we'll keep this thing on the tracks until he gets back," Elway said.

Wesley Woodyard (https://twitter.com/WoodDro52)✔ @WoodDro52 (https://twitter.com/WoodDro52)
Prayers of protection and a speedy recovery for Coach Fox! Time to dig in! No worries at all Jack will be great and we will work even harder

4:01 PM - 4 Nov 2013 (https://twitter.com/WoodDro52/statuses/397514049279102976)

Denver Native (Carol)
11-04-2013, 08:49 PM
from article:

"Everything has been positive up to this point and time," Elway said. "When we hear back how everything went, we'll relay that. Our main concern here is... the well-being of John Fox and getting him healthy."

The Broncos on Monday afternoon said that Fox's surgery was successful and he is in the post-operative care unit at the Sanger Heart and Vascular Institute in Charlotte.

Elway said he last spoke to Fox late Sunday night before his early Monday morning surgery. The coach was in good spirits, Elway said, and seemed more curious about what was going on with his team than scared about the upcoming procedure.

The Broncos also released a statement from Fox's wife, Robin Fox:

"Our family greatly appreciates the overwhelming support and well-wishes we've received for John. Along with his medical team, we will take great care of him so he can fully recover and get back to coaching the Broncos as soon as possible."

full article, plus two Del Rio videos
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24451269/broncos-john-fox-recovering-from-heart-surgery-jack

Denver Native (Carol)
11-06-2013, 06:34 PM
The Denver Broncos have been in direct communication with John Fox's wife, Robin, regarding the coach's health. Everything is progressing well, and Fox's recovery from Monday's aortic heart valve replacement procedure is on track, according to a team source.

Fox remains in intensive care and is being monitored closely by doctors, the source said. The goal is for him to be transferred to a different level of the hospital within the next couple of days. Fox has a home in Charlotte, N.C., and it would make sense for him to begin his recovery in North Carolina.

The Broncos said that if Fox had his way, the high-energy, enthusiastic head coach would be back on the sideline as soon as possible. The team wants him to take as much time as he needs, however, and to listen to his doctors rather than to rush back. The Broncos have emphasized they want Fox to take things very slowly, and they are prepared to be without him for an extended period.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000277562/article/denver-broncos-john-fox-progressing-well-from-heart-surgery

Denver Native (Carol)
11-06-2013, 09:24 PM
Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12

Broncos players signed a "get well soon" card for Coach Fox earlier today. pic.twitter.com/wKmrmFUrVC

Spiritguy
11-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Some good news about the Coach

Michelle Beisner (https://twitter.com/MichelleBeisner)✔ @MichelleBeisner (https://twitter.com/MichelleBeisner)
@DenverBroncos (https://twitter.com/DenverBroncos) HC John Fox's recovery is going great. I'm told he walked around a couple times yesterday. He's in great spirits. Laughing.
11:18 AM - 7 Nov 2013 (https://twitter.com/MichelleBeisner/statuses/398529806137966592)
Michelle Beisner (https://twitter.com/MichelleBeisner)
✔ @MichelleBeisner (https://twitter.com/MichelleBeisner)
@DenverBroncos (https://twitter.com/DenverBroncos) HC John Fox could be released from the hospital sooner rather than later, within the week for sure.

11:20 AM - 7 Nov 2013 (https://twitter.com/MichelleBeisner/statuses/398530349841408000)

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Did Beisner use to be a Broncos cheerleader?

Spiritguy
11-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Yes

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Yes

Yet she appears to be a Seahawks fan.

Spiritguy
11-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Broncos speak with the coach today.

The Denver Broncos (http://www.nfl.com/teams/denverbroncos/profile?team=DEN) spoke directly with John Fox (http://www.nfl.com/player/johnfox/2514313/profile) on Thursday for the first time since the coach underwent successful open heart surgery Monday.Fox spoke with interim coach Jack Del Rio (http://www.nfl.com/player/jackdelrio/2512762/profile) about the state of the team. Fox also spoke with executive director of media relations Patrick Smyth about the status of Champ Bailey (http://www.nfl.com/player/champbailey/2499489/profile)'s foot injury and the rest of the Broncos (http://www.nfl.com/teams/denverbroncos/profile?team=DEN)' injury report. They also discussed all the comings and goings in the NFL, including the status of Houston Texans (http://www.nfl.com/teams/houstontexans/profile?team=HOU) coach Gary Kubiak (http://www.nfl.com/player/garykubiak/2518873/profile) following his health scare. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported this week that Kubiak suffered what doctors refer to as a mini-stroke (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000276824/article/gary-kubiak-suffered-ministroke-during-texans-game) during halftime of last Sunday's game.

Fox was in great spirits, the Broncos (http://www.nfl.com/teams/denverbroncos/profile?team=DEN) told me. The infectious laugh everyone loves so much was back. Fox even joked around, saying that he heard some of his players were going to fine him for missing a leadership meeting, and that he was going to file a complaint.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000277966/article/john-fox-back-in-contact-with-broncos-after-surgery

Denver Native (Carol)
11-07-2013, 06:48 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- For tight end Joel Dreessen, last weekend was especially tough.

First, he got word that Head Coach John Fox would undergo heart surgery. Then, at halftime of Sunday Night Football, his former coach, Gary Kubiak, collapsed and headed to the hospital.

“Unlike any feeling I’ve ever had," Dreessen said. "A feeling of deep concern for two men who were really, really (impactful) on my life. Obviously, Coach Fox is recovering from what we hear and he’s doing a great job, feeling better. Coach Kubiak is feeling better, too, from what I hear. Encouraging news on both fronts.”

rest - plus Del Rio discussing preparation for Chargers
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Fox-In-Great-Spirits/b2816240-ba29-43be-83e4-300da4729a7b

Dzone
11-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Yet she appears to be a Seahawks fan.
She lived in Denver and was working for some sleazy law firm for while before she got the TV gig