PDA

View Full Version : Any More News on Ihenachos Injury?

Joel
11-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Only thing I'm seeing is his tweet thanking fans for support, but every online source I've found on the injury is mysteriously quiet apart from what we all knew immediately after the game:

1) He hurt his ankle (to those in the know: Same one he hurt against the Raiders, or a different one? New injury or old?) 2) He didn't return to the game 3) He left the stadium in a walking boot.

So basically I don't know anything I didn't know nearly a week ago hours after it happened. For example, I know I like Mike Adams, and feel comfortable with him regaining the starting spot (truth be told, I'd rather he replaced Moore as a true FS were Ihenacho healthy,) but after that our safety depth frankly scares me, and probably makes Elway and Fox a little nervous, too, else they wouldn't have brought in an aging CB in Jammer to try and fill out the position. As usual in recent years, we're much deeper at CB than at safety (no, not another pitch for Champ to play FS—although.... :tongue:)

So, what say you, Broncos Forums, and, more importantly, what KNOW you (if anything)? Ihenacho's had a really good year so far, especially for a sophomore season; he's exciting to watch making plays and near-plays in both coverage and against the run (he almost singlehandedly saved the Colts game forcing and recovering a fumble on their end when they were running to salt away the game in the fourth.) I'd hate to lose him for any length of time, and not just because I don't want Bolden or Bruton out there if anything happens to Adams or Moore. Get well, soon, Duke; in the mean time enjoy a rest you more than earned.:salute:

SR
11-01-2013, 07:16 PM
If it was bad you would've heard about it.

Joel
11-02-2013, 11:48 AM
If it was bad you would've heard about it.
Are teams obligated to report injuries during bye weeks? If it were bad and I were Denvers coach I wouldn't want to give SD (or anyone else) any more time than absolutely required to game plan the vulnerability and compensate for however WE compensate. The press (at least in Denver) would probably fixate on a serious injury IF they knew about it, but so far all we know is he left the game, didn't return and went home in a walking boot. Until more is revealed the press can only do the same as the rest of us: Speculate.

BroncoNut
11-02-2013, 02:40 PM
not sure on both posts Joel, but good question. seems like a heard a high ankle sprain, but might have been someone else. I kinda forgot about it until now. Enjoying the bye week. I suggest you do the same. :hi:

Joel
11-02-2013, 03:06 PM
not sure on both posts Joel, but good question. seems like a heard a high ankle sprain, but might have been someone else. I kinda forgot about it until now. Enjoying the bye week. I suggest you do the same. :hi:
I'll take a breath after the Super Bowl; the bye week's for the team. :tongue: And expectations are a bitch. :(