PDA

View Full Version : Wesley Woodyard and Von Miller: The Beauty of Yin and Yang

BSN Denver
10-29-2013, 11:06 AM
Wesley Woodyard gathered his defensive brethren before the Redskins game on Sunday and delivered some words of wisdom. According to Rahim Moore, he told the unit, “I’m tired of being mediocre. I’m tired of making mental errors and giving up touchdowns.”

Woodyard told them that it was time to stop the mistakes and that the defense needed to play 60 minutes and finish the game. I’m sure there was much more said and whatever it was, it worked brilliantly.

Rahim Moore would go on to tell Brandon Spano, “The way that Wood brought us together at that moment, man –.....CONTINUE READING. (http://www.brandonspano.com/headlines.html?entry=wesley-woodyard-and-von-miller)

Northman
10-29-2013, 11:07 AM
Awesome.

BroncoNut
10-29-2013, 11:15 AM
I like what I hear. I have a woody for woody. He's from the University of Kentucky. so it Trevathon. love me some hillbilly

G_Money
10-29-2013, 11:45 AM
If Dumervil was Miller’s Batman, does that make Woodyard Miller’s Alfred?

:tsk: Woodyard is nobody's butler. Wesley is obviously Commission Gordon in this analogy. :D

Nice article tho, thanks!

~G

Joel
10-29-2013, 02:09 PM
But by double teaming Miller, the Redskins offense opened up lanes for other players to make plays. Jack Del Rio ran stunts throughout the entire game and when Von Miller is occupying two blockers, all it takes is one mistake to be made by the short handed offensive line, before guys like Terrance Knighton and Derek Wolfe break right through an open lane and land big momentum building sacks for the Broncos.
This is what I was really hoping for from Millers return: That teams would be forced to choose between doubling him, Wolfe or a NT, because they couldn't do it to all of them, and SOMEONE would get through to the QB. Team effort; doesn't matter who stops that 3rd and 8 as long as SOMEONE does.

You're right, too, that our D sometimes looked lost and blew assignments against Indy. For all that, they still played well against a very good offense; until Sunday I would've said that was their best game so far, but not enough when the offense gives a playoff team the ball four times (even throwing in 2 extra points on one turnover.) Nonetheless, having Woodyard back to get all our ducks in a row and make sure they STAYED there rather than wandering into traffic made a big difference against Washington.

Joel
10-29-2013, 02:11 PM
:tsk: Woodyard is nobody's butler. Wesley is obviously Commission Gordon in this analogy. :D

Nice article tho, thanks!

~G
Who's Barbara Gordon? Do we have any redheaded cheerleaders? And, perhaps more importantly, can they run block? :tongue: