PDA

View Full Version : Nothing Serious on the Injury Front for JT

Ziggy
10-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Julius Thomas @Julius_Thomas

Just left the facility MRI showed it wasn't a high ankle sprain so I won't be down long. Be back soon #CantWait

Good news.

701Bronco
10-30-2013, 02:56 AM
Oh thank Elway, it's about time we catch a break on the injury front.

BroncoWave
10-30-2013, 06:06 AM
Until our line gets healthier and more in sync, it may not be a bad thing that he plays less anyway. He is just a complete liability when he has to block. He's too lethal of a receiving threat not to ever have out there, but he's going to have to learn to block if he wants to be an every down player.

Traveler
10-30-2013, 09:44 AM
Until our line gets healthier and more in sync, it may not be a bad thing that he plays less anyway. He is just a complete liability when he has to block. He's too lethal of a receiving threat not to ever have out there, but he's going to have to learn to block if he wants to be an every down player.

This should be his focus during the offseason.

claymore
10-30-2013, 09:58 AM
This should be his focus during the offseason.

If he learns how to block, we might not be able to afford him either!!!

Ravage!!!
10-30-2013, 09:59 AM

You already answered your own remark. He's TOO lethal of a receiving threat not to have on the field. If your TE is that kind of receiving threat, it absolutely MUST keep LBs from blitzing. Everyone can get better at blocking, but I don't think he's a big enough liability to keep from the field. :whoknows: But I'm sure he'll work and improve. If I had a choice of better blocking or better receiving, I think we all know the answer to that.

arapaho2
10-30-2013, 10:20 AM
seems like I recall sharpe was criticized for his lack of blocking early...he never became a true blocking TE, but his impact in receiving kept him in there, seems like gates had the same issues

Traveler
10-30-2013, 11:18 AM
If he learns how to block, we might not be able to afford him either!!!

Shouldn't be a problem since there's a very good chance both Tamme and Dreessen won't be here. You could be right though....