PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller shows up nearly two hours late for court date

DenBronx
10-28-2013, 03:53 PM
:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

Broncos linebacker Von Miller continues to have a problem with showing up in court on time.

According to Jordan Steffen of the Denver Post, Miller was nearly two hours lateregarding pending traffic offenses. Eventually, Miller arrived at the Arapahoe County Court and pleaded guilty.

Miller’s lawyer, Abraham Hutt, accepted blame for the snafu. Hutt explained that he was under the impression that prosecutors had agreed to allow Miller to skip the hearing.

Magistrate Christina Apostoli wasn’t impressed.

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/28/von-miller-shows-up-nearly-two-hours-late-for-court-date/

Northman
10-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Good grief man. lmao

ForgettingBrandonMarshall
10-28-2013, 04:00 PM
Not sure how this was Von's fault. At least he brought his suit to Dove Valley or it could have been longer.

DenBronx
10-28-2013, 04:01 PM
You can't even make this stuff up.

His lawyer thought he could skip the hearing? The lawyer should be pumping gas for a living.

G_Money
10-28-2013, 04:02 PM
If only Von got some sort of multi-million dollar signing bonus that would allow him to pay for a better lawyer.

BigDaddyBronco
10-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Lawyers typically accept the blame for stuff like this, even if they had nothing to do with it. I wouldn't be surprised if Von was told, repeatedly, that he had to be there at such and such time. Guy is not smart.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-28-2013, 04:28 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 3h

I'm told Von Miller is on his way to the courthouse. His attorney had tried to handle the hearing without him, but judge wants Von there.
Retweeted by Vic Lombardi

These reports about Von Miller missing court today are misleading. His attorney is representing him in court. His presence not required. Yet

CoachChaz
10-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Everything will get blown out of proportion from this point on.

cmc0605
10-28-2013, 04:51 PM
John Fox said in his presser that Von did everything right and was following his attorney's advice...

GEM
10-28-2013, 05:23 PM
John Fox said in his presser that Von did everything right and was following his attorney's advice...

Don't let facts get in the way of a good rumor mill.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-28-2013, 05:29 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but UNLESS Von does something else wrong, I am over it. And I do not consider him taking his attorney's advice doing something wrong.

TXBRONC
10-28-2013, 05:31 PM
Everything will get blown out of proportion from this point on.

Yeah pretty much.

Simple Jaded
10-28-2013, 10:04 PM
Von could **** up a wetdream.

wayninja
10-29-2013, 12:24 AM
I heard Von put an extra creamer in his coffee. An extra ******* creamer.

Northman
10-29-2013, 05:14 AM
Von could **** up a wetdream.

Pretty much.

sneakers
10-29-2013, 06:53 AM
Von miller's attorney:

http://images.wikia.com/swfans/images/1/18/Jabba_the_hutt.jpeg

MasterShake
10-29-2013, 08:02 AM
Von miller's attorney:

http://images.wikia.com/swfans/images/1/18/Jabba_the_hutt.jpeg

I wonder if what Jabba smokes shows up on tests?

BroncoNut
10-29-2013, 09:24 AM
who cares, as long as he can play on Sundays.

GEM
10-29-2013, 09:48 AM
It's not uncommon for attorneys to appear on behalf of defendants in small court appearances. Unfortunately, it's something that has to be approved beforehand. This is on his attorney, not him.

Timmy!
10-29-2013, 10:14 AM
So his attorney is an idiot.....that's gonna be helpful down the road

Ravage!!!
10-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Could also be something as simple as the fact that his lawyer isn't a guy that hangs around taking care of traffic violations all day and doesn't know the "paperwork" that needs to be submitted. Either way, seems that some just want to make a big deal about small things.

powderaddict
10-29-2013, 10:31 AM
*Yawn*

Lancane
10-29-2013, 10:37 AM
What bothers me more is the irrational vehement fickle nature of some of the fans. All ready to lynch him or see the team trade him because of his mistakes or make more of it than what it is, when he is only three years into the league, is young and immature in many ways and growing, not to mention the best damn defensive player to be drafted by the team in oh, the last two decades.

Nomad
10-29-2013, 10:47 AM
Regardless of how petty or small this is/seems to be, I just want Miller to be off Goodell's radar and any little blip like this keeps Von on there.

Slick
10-29-2013, 10:49 AM
I think people tend to overreact to stuff like this because they know what a great player he is and what a difference he makes when he is on the field. They just don't want him to get in trouble in any way.

TXBRONC
10-29-2013, 10:56 AM
Regardless of how petty or small this is/seems to be, I just want Miller to be off Goodell's radar and any little blip like this keeps Von on there.

There isn't a crime here so I don't think so I don't see how this makes him pop up on Goodell's radar anymore than he already is. He stilled showed up to court maybe was irresponsibilty on his part but right now it doesn't look that way.

GEM
10-29-2013, 11:19 AM
So his attorney is an idiot.....that's gonna be helpful down the road

Well his dumb move would be keeping that attorney on his payroll.

powderaddict
10-29-2013, 11:45 AM

Where are you seeing that this is on Goodell's radar?

MOtorboat
10-29-2013, 12:30 PM
Contempt of Court?

Denver Native (Carol)
10-29-2013, 01:40 PM
from article:

Miller's attorney, Abraham Hutt, apologized to the court and said it was his fault that Miller was late. Hutt said he had an agreement with prosecutors that would allow Miller to skip the hearing.

"He was just going on his attorney's advice. He was all good to go," Broncos coach John Fox said. "He did everything right on his part."

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_24402095/broncos-von-miller-due-court-traffic-cases

DenBronx
10-29-2013, 04:13 PM
No one is knocking Miller.

We are however pointing out that he has a bone headed lawyer, especially in a time that Miller needs to stay out of trouble. Little mistakes like that can lead to bigger ones, even if it wasn't Millers fault. The lawyer represents Miller and if he can't do his job correctly then maybe Miller should get another lawyer.

Nothing happended this time other than the judge scolding the lawyer.......but lets not see another next time shall we?

wayninja
10-29-2013, 04:22 PM
No one is knocking Miller.

We are however pointing out that he has a bone headed lawyer, especially in a time that Miller needs to stay out of trouble. Little mistakes like that can lead to bigger ones, even if it wasn't Millers fault. The lawyer represents Miller and if he can't do his job correctly then maybe Miller should get another lawyer.

Nothing happended this time other than the judge scolding the lawyer.......but lets not see another next time shall we?

From what I've read, it's uncommon for the client to actually be present at this type of hearing. The lawyer did tell Von to take a change of clothes to practice, which is literally a manning throw away from the Arapahoe county courthouse.

It's really much ado about nothing.

DenBronx
10-29-2013, 04:27 PM
From what I've read, it's uncommon for the client to actually be present at this type of hearing. The lawyer did tell Von to take a change of clothes to practice, which is literally a manning throw away from the Arapahoe county courthouse.

It's really much ado about nothing.

I think Miller got 24 hours of community service and some sort of probation. He will be fine......it's up to Miller now.

GEM
10-29-2013, 06:31 PM
Contempt of Court?

Didn't happen, by the time he left judge made a comment about hoping coming back in January didn't interfere with going to the super bowl.

gregbroncs
10-29-2013, 07:59 PM
Everything will get blown out of proportion from this point on.From this point on? So far everything regarding him seems to be getting blown out of proportion. Everything since his suspension was announced at least.

DenBronx
10-29-2013, 08:27 PM
You guys do understand that any news about Miller from this point most likely will be blown out of proportion right? And rightly so...

No news about Miller is good news. He's already walking a thin line....

smith49
10-29-2013, 08:39 PM
I heard Von put an extra creamer in his coffee. An extra ******* creamer.

That mother ******! How could he be so inconsiderate??!! POS!!!!!