PDA

View Full Version : I love our young players' attitudes ....

omac
11-26-2007, 10:13 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7557797

Bum ankle doesn't stop Hall
The third-string tailback steps up and rushes for 98 yards in loss
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 11/26/2007 12:48:23 AM MST

CHICAGO — There was no Travis Henry. The veteran No. 1 tailback didn't make the trip, sick in bed all week with a nasty virus and a bum knee.

There also was no Selvin Young. The rookie tailback missed the game with a knee injury.

That left Andre Hall, the No. 3 tailback who was cut from the Bears' training camp last year, as the starter.

Hall had 104 rushing yards after his first, fourth-quarter carry. His next two carries went for no gain and an 8-yard loss.

He finished with 98 yards. Upset about having his first 100-yard game taken away by an option pitch called once too many times?

"Yards or the loss?" Hall said. "I don't give a darn about the yards. But that loss is going to be something you take to sleep with."

For many reasons, Hall will not soon forget the Broncos' 37-34 loss in overtime to the Chicago Bears. He sprained an ankle on his first carry of the game. Played the rest of the game on a sprained ankle, at least until he couldn't go anymore in the fourth quarter.

"It started getting worse and worse, but I knew the team needed me so I stuck it out," Hall said.

He stuck it out and ran well. His former training camp mates, Bears middle linebacker Brian Urlacher and defensive tackle Mark Anderson, were not among those asking, "Who is this guy?"

"Every tackle Brian would say something to me," Hall said. "Brian and Mark Anderson kept saying something. Before the game we talked a little bit."

Hall believes he and Young will be available this week for the game at Oakland. Henry, who is also down with a partially torn knee ligament, will have his drug case decided by commissioner Roger Goodell, who may suspend the running back for up to a year.

"I don't know what's going on with all the tailbacks getting injured," Hall said. "We need a witch doctor or something. We got the hoax on us. But we'll be all right. I think me and Selvin are going to have a big week competing against each other."

Heart is definitely something this young team has tons of. :cheers:

Lonestar
11-27-2007, 02:16 PM
good find, although kils is usually a gomer..