PDA

View Full Version : Big Roster move for the Broncos coming?

cmc0605
10-25-2013, 02:49 PM
@VicLombardi
Expect a big roster move for the Broncos this Sunday. I'll have details soon.

Way to build suspense!!

cmc0605
10-25-2013, 02:50 PM
As I wrote this message,

"CJ Anderson up. Ronnie Hillman down."

CoachChaz
10-25-2013, 02:51 PM
I dont know if that classifies as "BIG"

cmc0605
10-25-2013, 02:53 PM
yea....I agree

tripp
10-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Something I think most of us hoped for, didn't know whether it actually would happen. Hillman in the dog house, this is your notice, fix your game!

CJ Anderson, from the words of Eminem "Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity, to seize everything you ever wanted. one moment, would you capture it or just let it slip?"

broncofaninfla
10-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Happy to see it happen, Hillman puts it on the ground too much. In the limited action had in the preseason Anderson looked good but that was preseason. Hopefully he and Ball step up and effectively spell Moreno when he comes out.

Northman
10-25-2013, 03:18 PM
Interesting move and i look forward to seeing what he can do but i was thinking some kind of trade or something.

Northman
10-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Just a point of perspective though on Hillman since i know he is drawing the ire of some of the board. He actually has 3 less fumbles in 21 games than Moreno had in his first 22. Dont get me wrong, Hillman needs to sit and learn and re-evaluate his ball security going forward but he hasnt coughed it up nearly as much as Knowshon did in his first 2 years. Just something to keep in mind.

VonDoom
10-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Good. Let's see what the kid's got. The running game was one of many issues last week.

claymore
10-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Just a point of perspective though on Hillman since i know he is drawing the ire of some of the board. He actually has 3 less fumbles in 21 games than Moreno had in his first 22. Dont get me wrong, Hillman needs to sit and learn and re-evaluate his ball security going forward but he hasnt coughed it up nearly as much as Knowshon did in his first 2 years. Just something to keep in mind.

Knowshon spent his time in the dog house and had at least a couple hundred carries more than Hillman too.

Northman
10-25-2013, 03:32 PM
Knowshon spent his time in the dog house and had at least a couple hundred carries more than Hillman too.

Which is why we are probably seeing Hillman in the doghouse. But, turnovers are turnovers. I think it was just last year vs Atl Knowshon had barely played and fumbled like 2 plays in or something like that. Either way, when you play like shit and turn it over you get put on the bench. No one knows that better than Moreno at this point.

VonDoom
10-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Also, we didn't release Hillman or anything. They're going to try something new and give Anderson a shot to see what he has. If it's a disaster, they can switch them back after the bye. I think it sends a message to Hillman (and all the RB's, really) about putting the ball on the ground. Moreno returned from the "dog house" with renewed fire last year, so maybe it'll happen with Hillman this year.

CoachChaz
10-25-2013, 03:35 PM
I still have a hard time believing this is considered BIG

DenBronx
10-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Good move. Still won't take away from Moreno right now because he is going off but at least we can get CJ in when Moreno needs a breather. Lets see what the kids got.

And Hillman needs to be in the doghouse right now...

Slick
10-25-2013, 03:37 PM

Big letdown maybe.

Buff
10-25-2013, 03:41 PM
@MikeKlis Confirming RB C.J. Anderson will dress Sunday. Ronnie Hillman will not.

claymore
10-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Which is why we are probably seeing Hillman in the doghouse. But, turnovers are turnovers. I think it was just last year vs Atl Knowshon had barely played and fumbled like 2 plays in or something like that. Either way, when you play like shit and turn it over you get put on the bench. No one knows that better than Moreno at this point.

Both were bad. If Knowshons situation taught me anything, its not to give up on a guy. Man was I pissed at Hillman, but nobody was more upset about it than he was. I want Studsville to be held accountable. 2 high draft picks cant get onto the field because they cant hold onto the ball? WTF

atwater27
10-25-2013, 03:50 PM
This has the potential to be big news. Many on this board are excited about cj's potential. If they are right, than our offense gets even better.

elsid13
10-25-2013, 03:51 PM

God I wish that this thread was in the lounge because I have great liner for this post.

Northman
I remember seeing him play a bit and liked what i saw. Hope he does well because although Moreno is playing pretty damn good we can use a guy to spell him and produce equally as well. Would go a long way with the cold months coming up.

Slick
Says a little bit about the teams confidence in Montee Ball.

claymore
10-25-2013, 03:53 PM
SO is CJ #2? Or 3?

Davii
10-25-2013, 03:53 PM

I guess it says they have more confidence in him than Ronnie.

Northman
10-25-2013, 03:55 PM

Well, they might be going with the speed aspect. Im not sure what CJ's size is compared to ball but if i recall CJ had some good speed much like Hillman. I could be wrong though.

Dapper Dan
10-25-2013, 04:13 PM
I though it might have been some sort of transaction. This is lame. Glad we might get to see CJ on the field for once.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 7m

Knowshon Moreno got benched for 8 weeks last year after a costly fumble in Week 2. Ronnie Hillman should learn from how KM handled it.

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 9m

*playing not "plaything" obviously. Though that sure would be interesting...

Lindsay Jones ‏@bylindsayhjones 16m

CJ Anderson earned plaything time just as much as Ronnie Hillman fumbled it away.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-25-2013, 04:15 PM
C.J. Anderson ‏@CjAndersonRB9 43m

Jus wana thank God 4 this opportunity 2 play and help my team win #BamBam ima play my game stay true 2 my self and thank the fans lets eat
Retweeted by Lindsay Jones

Dapper Dan
10-25-2013, 04:23 PM

Jus wana thank God 4 this opportunity 2 play and help my team win #BamBam ima play my game stay true 2 my self and thank the fans lets eat

God made Hillman fumble. Dang, God, that's messed up.

DenBronx
10-25-2013, 04:31 PM
I am pretty excited about this move actually.

Just as someone mentioned above, CJ moreso played his way into the lineup. Hillman just made the case easier....

lhF120vxzDU

5'8 - 224. Has solid speed and runs tough.

Here is an older article:

C.J. Anderson continues to impress Denver Broncos at running back

Broncos running back C.J. Anderson is used to crowded backfields. In his senior year of college at Cal-Berkeley, Anderson ran for 790 yards on 126 carries, despite battling two other running backs for playing time.

The lessons learned from that experience have come in handy as Anderson, an undrafted rookie, tries to earn a spot on the Broncos' roster.

"Just be patient, stay in your playbook, know your assignments, know what to do and keep showing up," Anderson said. "When you get your opportunity in the game, perform, and things will get better for you."

So far, that method has worked well for Anderson, who became one of the surprises of the preseason when he ran for 69 yards on 15 carries in the team's first preseason game last week at San Francisco.

Read more: C.J. Anderson continues to impress Denver Broncos at running back - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23853209/c-j-anderson-continues-impress-denver-broncos-at#ixzz2ilubhuEM
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

DenBronx
10-25-2013, 04:33 PM

I jus wana thank God n Ron 4 dis opportunity 2 play.

I think that's what he meant. lol

HORSEPOWER 56
10-25-2013, 04:41 PM

:lol:

Well, maybe he did?

I don't think CJ meant it like that. Most players in the league unless they're first round picks who are handed a spot by draft position and $ expectations must wait on that opportunity to showcase what they can do. Sad to say, but injuries or poor play by guys above them on the depth chart jump starts more NFL careers than just walking into the job. How long did Woodyard sit behind lesser LBs who we're getting paid more to produce less (ahem, DJ Williams)?

CJ is thankful for an opportunity, not for Hillman's fumbling problems. Who knows, he might light it up.

CJ looked really good in the preseason. He was explosive, elusive, and hard to bring down. Hopefully it wasn't just because he was playing vs backups. Even if he just is adequate, as long as he doesn't fumble, it's an improvement and a bonus for this offense.

Nomad
10-25-2013, 04:50 PM
Just don't fumble!

DenBronx
10-25-2013, 04:56 PM
Just don't fumble!

That's really the key here. I don't want to see CJ fumble. If he can hold on to the football he should get more playing time down the stretch. I don't care if he gets 3.5 yards on average just don't fumble the dang ball and at least give your offense a manageable try on 3rd and 6.

He looked great in preseason against 3rd stringers.....its a big differance playing in regular season when it counts against starters so we will see.

Lancane
10-25-2013, 05:21 PM
I was hoping more along the lines of 'Broncos traded Robert Ayers to Giants for Will Beatty' or something similar. I am not that impressed by C.J. Anderson, could change, however not the most important move that could have been made IMHO.

claymore
10-25-2013, 05:27 PM
I was hoping more along the lines of 'Broncos traded Robert Ayers to Giants for Will Beatty' or something similar. I am not that impressed by C.J. Anderson, could change, however not the most important move that could have been made IMHO.
He leapfrogged ball. Not a huge move, but an interesting one none the less.

Lancane
10-25-2013, 05:31 PM
He leapfrogged ball. Not a huge move, but an interesting one none the less.

True...but when you say 'BIG NEWS', well I am thinking you know...season changing or something like that. Of course if Anderson becomes the leading rusher on the team that would be 'big'. Still and all, not impressed and highly let down by the 'BIG NEWS'...lol

atwater27
10-25-2013, 06:09 PM
I am pretty excited about this move actually.

Just as someone mentioned above, CJ moreso played his way into the lineup. Hillman just made the case easier....

lhF120vxzDU

5'8 - 224. Has solid speed and runs tough.

That video was horrible! He looks slower than molasses! runs like he is handicapped or something. I hope he plays better than that video shows.

MOtorboat
10-25-2013, 06:15 PM
I'm having a hard time caring.

He is the third-stringer now because the last third-stringer fumbled.

Northman
10-25-2013, 06:41 PM
That video was horrible! He looks slower than molasses! runs like he is handicapped or something. I hope he plays better than that video shows.

He did look a bit slow there but TD never had blazing speed but once he hit the field he found ways to leave guys in the dust. Maybe Anderson has some of that magic.

ShaneFalco
10-25-2013, 07:33 PM
sorry for 2nd thread, did not see this.

Im excited to see CJ

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-25-2013, 07:50 PM

Thats not a fair comparison. Hillman probably has about 300 less carries than Moreno did.

Dzone
10-25-2013, 07:57 PM
Maybe CJ was praying for Hillman to fumble :lol:

Northman
10-25-2013, 09:07 PM
Thats not a fair comparison. Hillman probably has about 300 less carries than Moreno did.

Oh, its pretty fair. Turnovers are turnovers man, no matter how many times you tote the rock.

Ziggy
10-25-2013, 09:48 PM
CJ has a ton of potential. He runs with a low center of gravity, good balance, power, and vision. Can't wait to see this kid get his shot.

tomjonesrocks
10-26-2013, 12:06 AM
I like it under the circumstances, but would rather see Ball justify his draft selection at some point. An NFL TD before the year is over would be a good start. At the moment he seems pretty useless.

Simple Jaded
10-26-2013, 01:37 AM
So the RB with a developing fumble issue has been sent to the doghouse? Way to spice it up, Vic.