PDA

View Full Version : Aquiring Richard Seymour

WARHORSE
09-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Harrison: Seymour's "not thrilled" with deal to Raiders (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/harrison-seymours-not-thrilled-with-deal-to-raiders/)

Posted by Tom Curran on September 7, 2009 9:55 PM ET
Retired safety Rodney Harrison told PFT Monday night that he has spoken to his former Patriots teammate and close friend Richard Seymour about the deal that sent Seymour to Oakland.

And?
"He's not thrilled," said Harrison, now an analyst for NBC's Football Night in America. "Who would be thrilled to go to the Oakland Raiders? Maybe somebody who's happy to just get a chance but not a guy like Richard Seymour, a five-time Pro Bowler. For a veteran player to go to Oakland at this juncture it's just difficult.
"Put yourself in his position," Harrison added. "He's going from a first-class organization to one of the worst in the NFL. You have the head coach fighting the assistant coaches, the owner involved in the day-to-day operations, guys who don't believe in the quarterback. . . . Tom Brady to JaMarcus Russell? Come on. Is that something to look forward to? Why would he be excited?"
Asked if Seymour would report to the Raiders, Harrison said, "I don't know that. Only Richard knows that. But I wouldn't go to Oakland. There's no way in the world I would go to Oakland. The only way I would report is if they promised they wouldn't franchise me after this year."

Comment:

Ok. I gotta agree with Harrison. No sane player is going to just smile and go from the Patriots winning ways to the insane disfunction of the Al Davis circus. Who would?

But what do you do now if youre the Patriots? If I were Seymour, Id be asking for money too. Id be telling the Fade the same things Harrison is suggesting: Dont franchise me, and I'll show up.

In light of this, would it be prudent for the Broncos to throw their hand in the mix? Possibly?

Seymour knows McDaniels, knows what hes trying to implement here in Denver.

Since the deal for Richard isnt 'consumated', why not call the Pats, offer them a pick, and see what happens?

Seymour is getting older, but hes still a beast. If I were him, Id RUN to try and move to the Broncos rather than the silver and brown. All the Pats want is the pick, right?

Cause if RS doesnt end up agreeing with the trade........then the author is right: The Pats are stuck with an unhappy camper.

Whats the recourse when that happens? How about sending him to Denver? Id take him.........:coffee:

At the least, we throw a huge wrench in the dealings of the ratturds.

Only problem I see, is giving him a big deal after this season.

dogfish
09-08-2009, 11:12 AM
i wouldn't give up a high pick for him. . . . he's got some good years left, but he is 29-years old with a history of back problems and a reputation for having very little willingness to play through pain. . . and he's going to want a huge deal next year-- and i don't want to see us be the ones to overpay for him based on past performance. . . .

if nothing else, if the team really wants to pay top dollar for seymour at this point in his career, i'd save the draft pick and wait 'til next year to throw money at him. . .

or better yet, wait until next year to throw money at vince wilfork and see if you can entice him away from new england. . . .

TXBRONC
09-08-2009, 11:12 AM
Harrison: Seymour's "not thrilled" with deal to Raiders (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/07/harrison-seymours-not-thrilled-with-deal-to-raiders/)

Retired safety Rodney Harrison told PFT Monday night that he has spoken to his former Patriots teammate and close friend Richard Seymour about the deal that sent Seymour to Oakland.

And?
"He's not thrilled," said Harrison, now an analyst for NBC's Football Night in America. "Who would be thrilled to go to the Oakland Raiders? Maybe somebody who's happy to just get a chance but not a guy like Richard Seymour, a five-time Pro Bowler. For a veteran player to go to Oakland at this juncture it's just difficult.
"Put yourself in his position," Harrison added. "He's going from a first-class organization to one of the worst in the NFL. You have the head coach fighting the assistant coaches, the owner involved in the day-to-day operations, guys who don't believe in the quarterback. . . . Tom Brady to JaMarcus Russell? Come on. Is that something to look forward to? Why would he be excited?"
Asked if Seymour would report to the Raiders, Harrison said, "I don't know that. Only Richard knows that. But I wouldn't go to Oakland. There's no way in the world I would go to Oakland. The only way I would report is if they promised they wouldn't franchise me after this year."

Comment:

Ok. I gotta agree with Harrison. No sane player is going to just smile and go from the Patriots winning ways to the insane disfunction of the Al Davis circus. Who would?

But what do you do now if youre the Patriots? If I were Seymour, Id be asking for money too. Id be telling the Fade the same things Harrison is suggesting: Dont franchise me, and I'll show up.

In light of this, would it be prudent for the Broncos to throw their hand in the mix? Possibly?

Since the deal for Richard isnt 'consumated', why not call the Pats, offer them a pick, and see what happens?

Seymour is getting older, but hes still a beast. If I were him, Id RUN to try and move to the Broncos rather than the silver and brown. All the Pats want is the pick, right?

Cause if RS doesnt end up agreeing with the trade........then the author is right: The Pats are stuck with an unhappy camper.

Whats the recourse when that happens? How about sending him to Denver? Id take him.........:coffee:

I kinda doubt that Davis would trade a player of Seymour's caliber to Denver.

T.K.O.
09-08-2009, 11:15 AM
hmmmmm....is it that easy?
if he refuses to play for the raiders i dont think he can just go back to the pats?
but i really dont know.it would be a nice pick up but.....who do we get rid of.....moss i guess.
if nothing else it would be awesome to see the look on what's left of al davis' face after that deal !;)

claymore
09-08-2009, 11:17 AM
I would trade Smith for him.

TXBRONC
09-08-2009, 11:23 AM
if he refuses to play for the raiders i dont think he can just go back to the pats?
but i really dont know.it would be a nice pick up but.....who do we get rid of.....moss i guess.
if nothing else it would be awesome to see the look on what's left of al davis' face after that deal !;)

I doubt Davis would trade him within the division. That being said I think Dogfish brought up is worth keeping in mind.

TXBRONC
09-08-2009, 11:24 AM
I would trade Smith for him.

Clay we can't take you seriously because you're a nattering nabob of negativism. :lol: (Just kidding)

Requiem / The Dagda
09-08-2009, 11:25 AM
I'm not sure if there is any good way to go about acquiring Seymour outside of free agency.

claymore
09-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Clay we can't take you seriously because you're a nattering nabob of negativism. :lol: (Just kidding)

If we win it was negativity, If we lose it was realisim. We will all know my december.

Dortoh
09-08-2009, 11:37 AM

You cant handle the truth ;)

http://thesynopsis.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/nicholsondm0302_468x436.jpg

Actually I've been trying to work this pic in somewhere for awhile now :laugh:

T.K.O.
09-08-2009, 11:38 AM
If we win it was negativity, If we lose it was realisim. We will all know my december.

what do you mean " IF " we win ?:D

T.K.O.
09-08-2009, 11:39 AM

why?...
looks like ol' jack is sportin a c cup these days.....:laugh:

WARHORSE
09-08-2009, 11:55 AM
I kinda doubt that Davis would trade a player of Seymour's caliber to Denver.

Im not talkin about aquiring him from Jokeland.

Im talkin about aquiring him from the Pats since we know they arent going to give him money to agree to the trade.

Seymour has leverage here.

He doesnt have to report to Jokeland. If he doesnt report, the trade is off.

When the trade is off, Denver offers a pick........say.......second rounder next year rather than the first in 2011.

Seymour would help us tremendously......Cut Holliday.

TXBRONC
09-08-2009, 12:00 PM

Do you really think this was the best place to work in that picture? :lol:

Ray Finkle
09-08-2009, 12:04 PM

that's so wrong....

You could have cropped out his head :D

CoachChaz
09-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Im not talkin about aquiring him from Jokeland.

Im talkin about aquiring him from the Pats since we know they arent going to give him money to agree to the trade.

Seymour has leverage here.

He doesnt have to report to Jokeland. If he doesnt report, the trade is off.

When the trade is off, Denver offers a pick........say.......second rounder next year rather than the first in 2011.

Seymour would help us tremendously......Cut Holliday.

I think I'd rather keep Holliday and cut someone else. Having two successful vets on the line would help ALOT

SR
09-08-2009, 12:55 PM

On Madden 2010 it might be...

WARHORSE
09-08-2009, 02:19 PM

Chesticles.

This looks like A Rod lookalike ROID results.

I wouldnt doubt ole Jack is hittin the needle with some HGH and roids.

spikerman
09-08-2009, 05:08 PM
With the offseason the Broncos have had do you think coming to Denver would be much more appealing to him than going to Oakland? I'm not so sure.

Day1BroncoFan
09-08-2009, 06:15 PM
The Broncos have hope and no Al.

topscribe
09-08-2009, 06:21 PM

And?

Comment:

Only problem is, the Broncos aren't about to turn loose of their 1st for Seymour,
I wouldn't think. Besides, the Broncos likely won't be drafting as high as the Raiders . . .

-----

jhildebrand
09-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Seymour doesn't have to like it but it is the Patriot way! He knows that! Play for a normal salary or go somewhere else if more money is more important to you!

I highly doubt the Pats just traded the guy on a whim. I am sure they tried to resign him and decided at some point that he wasn't going to give them the deal they wanted.

Have fun in Oakland Mr. Seymour.

Lonestar
09-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Seymour doesn't have to like it but it is the Patriot way! He knows that! Play for a normal salary or go somewhere else if more money is more important to you!

I highly doubt the Pats just traded the guy on a whim. I am sure they tried to resign him and decided at some point that he wasn't going to give them the deal they wanted.

Have fun in Oakland Mr. Seymour.

they also have Wilfork coming up next year,, so money for the two of them would be hard to do..

I suspect he is not all he used to be before the knee injury last year.. and that is the biggest reason for sending him to OAK for a top 5 pick in 2011.. whether they resign him or not al fubared again..

BroncoAV06
09-08-2009, 10:09 PM
What leverage does Seymour have? From what i have read the league approved teh trade and there is no looking back from NE point of view.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest

(Part of blog) The Patriots, who received a 2011 first-round pick from the Raiders for the defensive linemen, believe he is no longer their player and the trade is complete. The NFL approved the deal Sunday. All that needs to done to finalize it is Seymour passing a physical in Oakland. But he is not in Oakland to take the physical.

Seymour just may need time to digest the idea of leaving New England. He was blindsided as much as everyone else was by the deal.

There really aren’t any issues Seymour has to resolve with the Patriots. It is now on him to report. Cable said Seymour wants to be in Oakland.

Seymour, 29, doesn’t have much leverage if he doesn’t want to be a Raider. He can retire, but that’s unlikely. This situation will likely resolve itself in a couple of days when Seymour gets over the shock of the trade.

Will Seymour be able to help the Raiders when they open the season at home against San Diego next Monday night? He’ll need to learn Oakland’s system and 4-3 scheme. If Cable is right and Seymour wants to be a Raider, this trade needs to be figured out soon.

Day1BroncoFan
09-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Most of the time when players land in jokeland they're soon never to be heard from again. I think it has something to do with the "black hole".

CrazyHorse
09-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Why wouldn't we just go after Vince Wilfork instead?
As we all know a NT is the integral part of the 3-4.
I believe they are harder to come by than 3-4 DE's.
Just a thought...

Lonestar
09-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Why wouldn't we just go after Vince Wilfork instead?
As we all know a NT is the integral part of the 3-4.
I believe they are harder to come by than 3-4 DE's.
Just a thought...

because he will never hit the market the great ones rarely do..